• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Well hopefully I don't fall too behind everyone else (only has accumulated like 200 myth total on WHM)...almost level 50 on my SMN. Maybe then I can actually alternate more frequently between WHM and SMN

And 2.1 can't come soon enough. It's a good thing I still have lots of content to do, makes the wait less unbearable.

Considering that lvl80 gear is supposed to drop in Crystal Spire, and that lvl90 gear isn't going to be all that much better. Yeah, I don't think you'll have to worry about viable upgrade paths for alts, once 2.1 hits.

studyguy

I'm more curious to see how PvP gear stacks up to regular gear. If they suddenly add Morale to all gear or if PvP gear has exclusive gear lines beyond the animal-like ones we've seen already. Like crafting regular old looking gear for PvP exclusively.

Rather they keep PvE balanced for PvE and PvP for PvP. When the two things cross, we end up with silly looking sets or gear that was once useless end up grossly overpriced due to utility in one aspect vs the other. Yoshida mentioned he looked forward to seeing people match dungeon rading gear vs other people in the same gear, so I'm not keeping hopes all that high for a slew of PvP only gear.

WHM Repose is 30 yalms.

[Edit] Beaten so hard, it hurs.

Right Cure/Repose are basically it. Maybe BRD I have no idea what the assigned range limit is (since none are marked) for it's skill but it's equally long, they don't seem longer than 25y though since an arrow has the same range as a provoke... But this is all an aside meant to simplify eyeballing Holmgang's new range, guys!

Maaaannnn those WAR buffs sound swag as hell. Don't like so much that they moved them more or less into mitigation tanks (or the gimped Inner Beast) but I really, really like the damage reduction on Vengeance and the Thrill of Battle/Storm's Path buff.

Just wish they had made Brutal Swing's animation back to 1.0's (fast no nonsense), made Heavy Swing generate Wrath and made Mercy Stroke a debuff that lasted for say, 5 seconds and gave you the HP if the mob died while it was up.

That said I knew the buffs would be huge because that's exactly what happened to MRD back in 1.19 when they got buffed. Excited to try it out in 2.1.

Sounds almost like a short range provoke now.

I think new Holmgang is actually their answer to Hallowed Ground with the "can't go below 1 HP for the duration" part of it. Gonna be huge if used correctly.

studyguy

Maaaannnn those WAR buffs sound swag as hell. Don't like so much that they moved them more or less into mitigation tanks (or the gimped Inner Beast) but I really, really like the damage reduction on Vengeance and the Thrill of Battle/Storm's Path buff.

Just wish they had made Brutal Swing's animation back to 1.0's (fast no nonsense), made Heavy Swing generate Wrath and made Mercy Stroke a debuff that lasted for say, 5 seconds and gave you the HP if the mob died while it was up.

That said I knew the buffs would be huge because that's exactly what happened to MRD back in 1.19 when they got buffed. Excited to try it out in 2.1.

They're really going away from 1.19-1.23 though.
I fully expected YoshiP to just say fuck it and flip the table in terms of balancing, he always does, but I expected more lifesteal than straight mitigation. I too am a bit sad that they're homogenizing the two classes more and more. I'm not fond of the whole Wrath introduction in ARR, I preferred the original Rampage (Increased Crit & lifesteal stance) vs Berserk (Straight damage increase & defense loss stance) style. I'd rather have the old WAR/MRD back, but whatev. The flexibility the stances offered felt more organic vs the rigid rotations wrath usage forces.

Ken

ib1fcjNPv28v2.png

i did it u guys

i dont know how those legs work

Mairu

I'm looking forward to seeing the theorycrafting behind which tank wins out with equal gear in terms of effective health.

Time to finish levelling up WAR

WolvenOne

To be fair though, if they hadn't reduced to Leech on Inner Beast, and put that mitigation in place, that single-handedly would've made WAR hecka overpowered. XD

Aeana

ff14-lightning.png

My transformation is complete.

We had a run of CM last night that went quite whack. Really have to apologize to Aeana and Baramoht who probably didn't sign on for that kind of insanity.

"Insanity" is not the word I'd use for it. Wasting everybody's time is not insane, it's rude.

kierwynn

We had a run of CM last night that went quite whack. Really have to apologize to Aeana and Baramoht who probably didn't sign on for that kind of insanity.

Hey now, I didn't sign up for that kind of insanity either! lol I logged on for a nice, simple CM run but nooooooo. Master Shake had to ruin that!

So for WHM on Titan hard, should I basically NOT be using Divine Seal with Medica II period? It pretty much guaranteed that I got hate when I tried it after stomps, and I didn't want to experiment more later in the fight. So just use plain Medica II after stomps followed by plain AOE cure as needed? I probably sound like a noob but I've beaten it with SCH, I just didn't ever have to care about hate on SCH and I don't play WHM enough to have an intuition for it yet.

Aeana

So for WHM on Titan hard, should I basically NOT be using Divine Seal with Medica II period? It pretty much guaranteed that I got hate when I tried it after stomps, and I didn't want to experiment more later in the fight. So just use plain Medica II after stomps followed by plain AOE cure as needed? I probably sound like a noob but I've beaten it with SCH, I just didn't ever have to care about hate on SCH and I don't play WHM enough to have an intuition for it yet.

Don't use divine seal with medica 2 in the first half of the fight, unless you have shroud of saints available to cut your enmity. After the heart, you should not be able to pull hate from the tank pretty much no matter what you do. If you do, then the tank is not very good.

teiresias

Are you Galen? If not, you're pretty lucky, there's another guy who needs a run of Praetorium supposedly tonight (assuming you're in Ultros FC).

Yeah I'm in the Ultros FC but I'm Merthaux Sorel.

You guys should do what I did and make a second character, preferably a cat.

EDIT: Teiresias...so you're Merthaux. I'm K'tai and I've appreciated your help when we teamed up (Dzemeal and Aurum Vale)

dark_chris

I wonder if lightning has a defeated animation. I remember appearing at a fate and her HP was very low.

Pretty sure the world would implode

teiresias

You guys should do what I did and make a second character, preferably a cat.

EDIT: Teiresias...so you're Merthaux. I'm K'tai and I've appreciated your help when we teamed up (Dzemeal and Aurum Vale)

Ah, yeah. Those were fun though I wasnt holding agro for crap in AV. I'm not sure why.

Nallen

Question for you guys, since everyone has run the dungeon a thousand times: Has anyone else noticed that when the Tonberry King uses Everyone's Grudge, it is unaffected by paladin abilities? It doesn't seem to affect damage when I use Sentinel/Rampart, and I also popped an LB2 (two bards, lol) and still took a 4K hit through the limit break. Working as intended, or just wonky?

Zomba13

Question for you guys, since everyone has run the dungeon a thousand times: Has anyone else noticed that when the Tonberry King uses Everyone's Grudge, it is unaffected by paladin abilities? It doesn't seem to affect damage when I use Sentinel/Rampart, and I also popped an LB2 (two bards, lol) and still took a 4K hit through the limit break. Working as intended, or just wonky?

Working as intended. It's supposed to go through buffs.

Qvoth

Provoke has a 25 yalm range. I don't think there's any skill that goes beyond 25yalms, it's the maximum range one can do (I don't think even BRD skills are allowed beyond that). If I recall, they're increasing the range to 6yalms. For reference, that's less than half the length of a tomahawk/shield lob. It's not very far at all really, but at least it's not RIGHTINYOURFACE short anymore.

sleep is 30 also

Apoptomon

omg guyz i got lvl 50

'Grats!

Now level up another class... or progress through endgame like a sensible person.

EDIT: about the WAR buff discussion from earlier, think they'll have more details in the Live Letter? They said it was subject to change and still being tested though. I also wonder if we'll hear anything about the dps class changes (I haven't read if they said they would cover that).

Holy shit at those WAR changes. It's like they are fulfilling dreams one patch at a time.

They are giving us damage reducers on various skills.

I don't think anyone noticed that Holmgang makes you temporarily unkillable, though your HP can be reduced to 1 so the healers better top you off before it ends. Warrior finally has their own version of Hallowed Ground!

WATCH OUT MOTHERFUCKERS HERE WE COME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom