• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

Question for you guys, since everyone has run the dungeon a thousand times: Has anyone else noticed that when the Tonberry King uses Everyone's Grudge, it is unaffected by paladin abilities? It doesn't seem to affect damage when I use Sentinel/Rampart, and I also popped an LB2 (two bards, lol) and still took a 4K hit through the limit break. Working as intended, or just wonky?

Everyone's Grudge goes through buffs and all. It's working as intended. I dunno how the formula is but I remember the attack in other FF games where the damage depends on the amount of Tonberries defeated lol.

Question for you guys, since everyone has run the dungeon a thousand times: Has anyone else noticed that when the Tonberry King uses Everyone's Grudge, it is unaffected by paladin abilities? It doesn't seem to affect damage when I use Sentinel/Rampart, and I also popped an LB2 (two bards, lol) and still took a 4K hit through the limit break. Working as intended, or just wonky?

Working as intended. It does a straight 1000 damage per stack, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. It ignores everything, though I've never tried popping Hallowed Ground while it charges just to see what happens.

Tash

Everyone's Grudge goes through buffs and all. It's working as intended. I dunno how the formula is but I remember the attack in other FF games where the damage depends on the amount of Tonberries defeated lol.

iirc, Stoneskin helps/works. It's one of the only fights other then Final Sting in Quarn where I use Stoneskin during a fight. He adds one stack per dead add.

edit: Oh and Titan Mountain Busters..

Ken

iirc, Stoneskin helps/works. It's one of the only fights other then Final Sting in Quarn where I use Stoneskin during a fight. He adds one stack per dead add.

probably because stoneskin substitutes as part of your HP rather than mitigate the actual damage

Shamdeo

izMLjWvwAPkCL.gif

That is how it works usually and the damage can get insane if you've been killing lots of tornberries.

Yu Narukami

Is it possible to sleep trash mobs in WP to avoid fighting? Which ones? If I remember correctly a WHM can sleep too, no?

BTW, tiggerkiddo, I just realized you are the other Jamie in our FC.

That's really bad for me, bacause I can't join a static group. No one would have a member that can only play when his internet wants to.

I had to give up chasing the goddess yesterday due to lag :/

aceface

Is it possible to sleep trash mobs in WP to avoid fighting? Which ones? If I remember correctly a WHM can sleep too, no?

BTW, tiggerkiddo, I just realized you are the other Jamie in our FC.

I know if you pull a few groups to just before the first boss room you can sleep them all, kill just one Tonberry,and then go to the boss room and the rest will be locked out. You need the aoe sleep though and I believe only BLM has that.

If it comes down to it, you can still use Hallowed Ground, it doesn't go through that.

Does Virus reduce the damage? I try to pop it when there are enough stacks, and it seems to make a difference, but I haven't exactly done any rigorous testing. Also, I believe the scholar adlo shield still works the same way stoneskin does.

Man, tried to setup Mumble but it's so confusing. Don't even know how to create an account lol

You don't need an account. Just add the server and connect.

If you visit the FC site at neogaf.guildwork.com, there is a pinned post in the members forum with instructions on how to set everything up.

Does Virus reduce the damage? I try to pop it when there are enough stacks, and it seems to make a difference, but I haven't exactly done any rigorous testing. Also, I believe the scholar adlo shield still works the same way stoneskin does.

I honestly never tried Virus on it, but I highly doubt it would affect it considering the way Everyone's Grudge works.

teiresias

Can anyone playing PLD clue me in as to how they have their defensive cooldowns macro'd (or not). I pretty much have all of them (including Hallowed Ground) on one fall-through macro that fires the first one that is available (with Hallowed getting top priority), and I try to remember to fire it off when the current one has ended.

I'm not sure if this is optimal or if something like Hallowed Ground is better off broken out for discrete firing or not.

Alucrid

Banned
that seems like a terrible idea. just rotate through cooldowns and save HG for an oh shit moment or if you know you'll need it

Liethe

Can anyone playing PLD clue me in as to how they have their defensive cooldowns macro'd (or not). I pretty much have all of them (including Hallowed Ground) on one fall-through macro that fires the first one that is available (with Hallowed getting top priority), and I try to remember to fire it off when the current one has ended.

I'm not sure if this is optimal or if something like Hallowed Ground is better off broken out for discrete firing or not.
Yeah that isn't really a good idea. You want to have total control over which defensive cooldown you use at a given point. For general use, Rampart and Foresight can be popped basically whenever you're taking moderate amounts of damage and want to help out your healer. Sentinel is for big hits, or you can combine it with Rampart if your healer is busy for a while.

In any case, Hallowed Ground should never be popped first, like it seems you are doing with your macro. You can do some pretty great saves using it in tight situations.

studyguy

Yeah that isn't really a good idea. You want to have total control over which defensive cooldown you use at a given point. For general use, Rampart and Foresight can be popped basically whenever you're taking moderate amounts of damage and want to help out your healer. Sentinel is for big hits, or you can combine it with Rampart if your healer is busy for a while.

In any case, Hallowed Ground should never be popped first, like it seems you are doing with your macro. You can do some pretty great saves using it in tight situations.

Indeed, I have absolutely no macros for my CD's when I tank for either job. During most content, you'll use them passively just to burn them and get reduction, but coil requires you pop them preemptively before certain attacks. Like any skills, no cooldown works immediately either. Expect to waste at least a second before the effects actually go into play, that's just how it tends to go no matter what. HG isn't an oh shit button in the slightest, it's too slow to save you in the exact moment of crisis, but if you know big hits are coming, then you'll be golden popping it a second before.

teiresias

Indeed, I have absolutely no macros for my CD's when I tank for either job. During most content, you'll use them passively just to burn them and get reduction, but coil requires you pop them preemptively before certain attacks. Like any skills, no cooldown works immediately either. Expect to waste at least a second before the effects actually go into play, that's just how it tends to go no matter what. HG isn't an oh shit button in the slightest, it's too slow to save you in the exact moment of crisis, but if you know big hits are coming, then you'll be golden popping it a second before.

Hmm, looks like I'll spend some time tonight reworking my hotbars to accommodate having all my cooldowns broken out then (and then run random mobs getting them back into my muscle memory).

Clipse

Is there anyone in the GAF FC looking to start raiding Coil casually? I'm talking one night a week, maybe two if people are up for it. A few friends and I are looking to transfer to Ultros if we can get something started.

Our group consists of PLD x2, SCH, DRG & SMN. So I guess we're looking for a WHM and BRD x2 or BRD+BLM to fill out the group.

Feel free to PM me or send a tell to Clipse Dudemeister in the GAF FC or on Malboro where my main is. Thanks!

WolvenOne

I'm just now at the point gear-wise where I'm ready to start Coil. Gonna try and sneak into a T1 group tonight.

Well, keeping it simple, by the time you have your Relic, you're probably going to be geared enough at least for T1. The exception to this is if you're the Tank, in which case you're going to want Full Darklight or Darksteel at least.

Simply put, unless you get into a group that is absolutely fast at the Slime-feeding/de-stacking mechanic of Cuduceus, you're going to want all the Def and Vit you can get your hands on.

Kweh

When you look at the map via the fishing log, there is the red circle radius but also a fish icon, what does the latter mean? It's not there on a normal map. Is it where I should fish?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
If you're a melee DPS, all you need is enough gear to survive a cleave. Get cleaved, annoy the healers, wipe the raid, and only then will you be doing god's work. Praise Tanaka!

Alucrid

Banned
Well, keeping it simple, by the time you have your Relic, you're probably going to be geared enough at least for T1. The exception to this is if you're the Tank, in which case you're going to want Full Darklight or Darksteel at least.

Simply put, unless you get into a group that is absolutely fast at the Slime-feeding/de-stacking mechanic of Cuduceus, you're going to want all the Def and Vit you can get your hands on.

i prefer groups that say 'fuck mechanics'

Taruranto

Did my first "official" Twintania, we got far as last set of Divebombs, we were all new to the fight except the BRD, so I guess it's not bad. The fight is hard but it doesn't seem particularly unfair (i.e., not bullshit like getting pushed by Titan landslide when you are on the other side of the arena), I look forward trying it again.

WolvenOne

Did my first "official" Twintania, we got far as last set of Divebombs, we were all new to the fight except the BRD, so I guess it's not bad. The fight is hard but it doesn't seem particularly unfair (i.e., not bullshit like getting pushed by Titan landslide when you are on the other side of the arena), I look forward trying it again.

Have mixed emotions about pushing to Twintania myself. I'm pretty sure our group could push through turns 2-4, if we had a few weeks where our schedules overlapped better. That said, well, since Coil's supposed to remain the single hardest content in 2.1, part of me wants to make it last awhile longer.

For context here, we've gotten past Turn 1, a couple times, but in each instance it was late in the week. So we haven't really had too much time with Turn 2 before the reset.

studyguy

Twin's not terrible, it just has very strict walls in terms of DPS. If you can't get past conflag for instance, you're going to have to step up THEM DEEPS somewhere to make up for it. Moreover everyone has to be on the ball the entire fight.

Ken

Traumatic Trauma: LF2M Titan HM need tank/DPS PST ready to go
>> Traumatic Trauma: il go
>> Traumatic Trauma: full AK brd

no reply ;_;

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Twin's not terrible, it just has very strict walls in terms of DPS. If you can't get past conflag for instance, you're going to have to step up THEM DEEPS somewhere to make up for it. Moreover everyone has to be on the ball the entire fight.

The strict walls are in HP(mitigation), DPS, memorization, coordination, and response time.

It truly is a tough fight. Everybody has to bring their 'A' game to tackle it.

Know what's awesome?

Somehow getting hit by a fucking landslide when you're behind Titan and getting knocked backwards by it.

Fucking bullshit. We got the kill, but it's goddamned tainted now. I couldn't participate because of that.

I'm furious.

46&2

Banned
After 40 tries as a tank I can't find a group that can beat Titan. He'll only got past the heart once and that was my first run. Any tips for finding an experienced group of dps's?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
After 40 tries as a tank I can't find a group that can beat Titan. He'll only got past the heart once and that was my first run. Any tips for finding an experienced group of dps's?

Form the party yourself and screen members for appropriate gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom