• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
IzXyTvl.jpg

Old pic but taken right before that dirtbag nuked half the area with something powerful. Don't ask me what, he was half visible the fight.

aceface

After 40 tries as a tank I can't find a group that can beat Titan. He'll only got past the heart once and that was my first run. Any tips for finding an experienced group of dps's?

Get on the Ultros FC and have the Titan Carry Squad (tm) take over.

Zomba13

After 40 tries as a tank I can't find a group that can beat Titan. He'll only got past the heart once and that was my first run. Any tips for finding an experienced group of dps's?

Form the party yourself. Screen gear. Full DL at the least with Garuda wep or better. Make sure they know the fight. Make sure the DPS pulls their weight. Make sure the healers have enough HP.

Took me ages to get a group that could do it and when Me and another guy decided we were sick of losing due to others being under equipped or not knowing the fight we sat in Revnant's Toll for a half hour or so getting people, checking them etc. Lost the first time due to a silly mistake caused by lag that made a guy quit. Replaced him, better instance, no one lagging, beat it.

It's all well and good when you get people who need the fight too but if they are under geared then they just hold you and the rest of the people in good gear back and waste everyones time.

WolvenOne

Did the servers go down early or something? I was in the middle of a WP run when I was DCed, but I haven't been able to log back in since. Going to try again when I'm done typing this.

Edit: Yeah, no dice. Can't even get the North American server-list to populate.

Kronotech

Did the servers go down early or something? I was in the middle of a WP run when I was DCed, but I haven't been able to log back in since. Going to try again when I'm done typing this.

Edit: Yeah, no dice. Can't even get the North American server-list to populate.

Maintenance for a few hours.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
maybe i'll watch it, maybe not.

farming shards is a pain in the ass. they couldnt come up with a better mechanic than that?

How simpler do you want it?

I mean if you made it way too easy, it would just get flooded

I think they should up the amount just a bit

I'm thinking like 7 shards per use of the ward skill and 5 for crystals, it doesn't overload anyone, but it does save some time in the long run, cause you can create stacks quicker
So what might take you to farm 2 hours, now becomes say 1 hour, more you invest the better your lot will become
you start out at 3 for the ward skill, keep whacking away every 3rd ward skill = +1 until You hit +7/+5 cap, be afk for 15+ minutes it gets reset

Something that gradually improves your skill for you to use over time

It's starting!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

No translation >_<

chrono01

How long will this run? Someone post a summary please!

Probably around 90 minutes or so. As for a summary, I am sure someone will, along with screenshots and the like. >:)

I'll post whatever information here that's exciting, as long as someone didn't beat me to it of course.

chrono01

NOOOO! They're going to fix Double Flare for Black Mages, probably via a cooldown. ~_~

Also, it sounds as though they're going to give a bit of extra time for people to get out of AOE spots, at least for end-game/Primal content.

aceface

NOOOO! They're going to fix Double Flare for Black Mages, probably via a cooldown. ~_~

Also, it sounds as though they're going to give a bit of extra time for people to get out of AOE spots, at least for end-game/Primal content.

Wait wait wait, what's this double flare?

And yes sounds like they are trying to institute a fix for getting out of aoe lag for endgame primals and pvp in 2.1. That would be nice.

chrono01

Wait wait wait, what's this double flare?

And yes sounds like they are trying to institute a fix for getting out of aoe lag for endgame primals and pvp. That would be nice.
Flare uses all of your Mana in-return for great AOE damage. Basically for Double Flare you begin by using Flare, at around 500 or so Mana, Convert to regain your MP, Swiftcast, and Flare once more. All of this can be done with a second or two for crazy damage, even more so if you use Raging Strikes.

It sounds as though they might be incorporating a CD on Flare to prevent this so you can only cast it once within a certain time period. :(

chrono01

AK gear is supposed to be good enough for Crystal Tower, so basically AK --> Crystal Tower --> Bahamut's Coil. At least it will give me something to do once I finish the Coil for the week [attempts on Turn 5].

Vanity Slots in 2.2!

aceface

Flare uses all of your Mana in-return for great AOE damage. Basically for Double Flare you begin by using Flare, at around 500 or so Mana, Convert to regain your MP, Swiftcast, and Flare once more. All of this can be done with a second or two for crazy damage, even more so if you use Raging Strikes.

It sounds as though they might be incorporating a CD on Flare to prevent this so you can only cast it once within a certain time period. :(

Oh ok gotcha. Thought there was a glitch I didn't know about or something.

Aeana

Damn. You can't form your 24-man group yourself, you can only form a party of 8 people and get matched with two other groups in 2.1. They want to address that for future patches I guess.

chrono01

Damn. You can't form your 24-man group yourself, you can only form a party of 8 people and get matched with two other groups in 2.1. They want to address that for future patches I guess.
Yeah, that's disappointing. I was hoping to group with 23 other GAF FC members. :(

Maybe in a future patch, though.

Taruranto

CT looks interesting but meh, he pretty much admited it's there only for the vanity system (which is not in 2.1...) and you can't get paired up with other FC parties in 2.1...

Ferr986

I dont understand how they cant do this for 2.1, but oh well...

aceface

5 minute break what? You're on the clock yoshi-p.

Speaking of which I have to go to work, keep updating any announcements please!

Aeana

Here's the scoop on the job changes:

Q1: Please tell us about dragoon adjustments. Also, you mentioned that you wouldn’t be making dragoons invincible while jumping, but can you explain why this this can’t be done, when black mage has something similar, and other constant damage actions.

A1: First, regarding invincible while jumping, jumps are attack actions. Black mage and other such actions have their own effect and after a set period of time the effect wears off, and they consume an action slot. Making you invincible while jumping would enable you to become invincible while attacking so we do not have any plans to do this.

Next, in regards to dragoon adjustments, last time we discussed warrior adjustments because it was a special case due to the fact that there was a mistake in balancing which gave paladin clear advantages and is also a large scale adjustment.

With that said though, I won’t go over all of the adjustments, but I would like to touch on a bit.

We’ll be making adjustments to recast times for lancer and dragoon, reducing the time in which movement is locked after jumping, and improving the area where dragoons land after jumping. Overall they will be receiving a 10% DPS boost.

(Video shows off each jump)

With this, it will be possible to move after you jump, so you will be able to dodge quickly after.

Q6: Please tell us about the adjustment details on other jobs other than the dragoons.

A6:
Monk:
The buff effect of “Greased Lightning” will be increased. In addition, the amount of bonus damage monks will be able to do from behind a target will be increased.

Bard:
We have made adjustments to certain cross class actions that the bards can set.

Black Mage:
While we focused on buffing the melee DPS classes/jobs for this patch, we do not have any plans to buff the black mage job. On a side note, there was a bug that caused players to be able to use flare twice in a row, but that will be addressed.

Taruranto

Well, if we all queue together, I think it's very possible we'll get matched up.

Considering how many ppl are most likely going to sign for it as launch, I wouldn't count on it, eh.

But seriously, what's with this game and not having the most basic functions? I could sort-out and make alliances in FFXI years ago, ffs.

Aeana

Considering how many ppl are most likely going to sign for it as launch, I wouldn't count on it, eh.

But seriously, what's with this game and not having the most basic function? I could sort-out and make alliances in FFXI years ago, ffs.

I admit I'm a little worried about it. If I form a group that's perfectly capable, and we aren't able to finish because the other two groups can't hack it, that'll be pretty upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom