• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

elyetis

So many reference to vanity slot, confirming that it actually does matter a lot, yet they still thought it wasn't important enough to be in 2.1, or in a smaller patch before 2.2. /shakehead

Aeana

Oh man, did you see the green tornado thing spawn right on top of Garuda and the two adds and the party? That looks awesome.

Right now the balance isnt bad, the lower turn Allagan gear is slighlt worse than Myth and the higher turn gear slightly better.

Not at all how it works. It's all ilvl 90 so has the potential to be even depending on what stats fill up to that ilvl on each piece of gear. For instance, the current BIS legs for DRG come from turn 1, while the spear that drops from turn 5 is worse then relic+1.

That being said, I don't like this change either. Mostly since I've already blown tons of myth on nearly every AF+1 piece and have very little Allagan.

chrono01

Holy hell at the nail increases for Extreme Primal Ifrit.

MY LB will not reach that far!

Also, I expect for Extreme Primal Titan that each Bomb Titan summons a Landslide will occur. Landslides from all angles!!

Ferr986

Not at all how it works. It's all ilvl 90 so has the potential to be even depending on what stats fill up to that ilvl on each piece of gear. For instance, the current BIS legs for DRG come from turn 1, while the spear that drops from turn 5 is worse then relic+1.

That being said, I don't like this change either. Mostly since I've already blown tons of myth on nearly every AF+1 piece and have very little Allagan.

My bad then. I was looking at the wrong stats for the pants.

EDIT: Dat Ifrit Plumes lol

Ken

i feel like they're putting too much content in the progression from new 50 to CT when it doesnt really need it

Ploid 3.0

i feel like they're putting too much content in the progression from new 50 to CT when it doesnt really need it

I actually have no intention to do the whole relic thing and beyond. I don't really like dungeons or lfp. I wish there was more to do in the world like ffxi. Though having wandering NMs caused people to camp and monopolize them, having dungeons seem to be the only way to avoid the headache of popular notorious monsters. Too bad you can't solo - trio dungeons currently. I used to duo a lot of stuff in ffxi, I'd love a limbus like thing in this one. Something that don't set in stone that you need a class designed for tanking, and healing (arcanist can heal ok for low level but they can't even seek as one).

I wonder if they get rdm and it's closer to ffxi's somehow, what they'd class it as. They would probably just give it more dots and say DD.

aceface

Dec. 17th, better than I was expecting actually. I was expecting them to say "It's a Christmas present" or bring it on new Year's eve.

Ken

Huh. So BIS is basically all allagan unless your accuracy sucks.

on one hand i hope they just forgot to mention myth gear getting bumped up too

on the other they did increase myth cap

oh well, bis isnt really a big deal to me anyways

chrono01

Next Live Letter - December 14th

- The Wolves' Den
- Beast Tribe Quests
- Treasure Hunts
- Special Coverage on Playstation 4 Version

Also, Snowmen Costumes!

Also, classic FF minions/BLACK MAGE CHOCOBO MOUNT as Veteran 180 Day Reward.

As expected, Behemoth mount is 270 Day Reward.

desu

Wow even later than I excpected. And all it brings (for me) are 3-4 cool boss battles + possibly annoying Allagan changes. Also Behemoth mount is not the 180 day reward, man fuck them :D.

raven777

ffxiv7lsui.jpg

Mid December sounds good to me. Now that we have a release date, time to set up that FC housing donation fund. We need to be ready to secure the best HQ in Eorzea, GAF!

I'm not sure how I feel about Pharos Sirius being the new AK. I'm curious how the gear changes are going to work. I have mostly AF +1 now, so it's going to really suck to see all that gear lose its value compared to Allagan, but it makes sense for progression. I need to know more about how AF+1 and AF+2 is going to fit into this.

HM Haukke and Copperbell are definitely welcome. It seems like there will be a lot of tome options with 2.1 and I'm super excited to start leveling my other classes in dungeons now. I've been avoiding the FATE grind and focusing on crafting and gathering while waiting for this.

I need those extreme primals and HM Ultima Weapon RIGHT NOW. Sounds so awesome.

Damn. You can't form your 24-man group yourself, you can only form a party of 8 people and get matched with two other groups in 2.1. They want to address that for future patches I guess.

That is super disappointing. :(

Aeana

I have plenty of other jobs to level, and I knew that they weren't adding content harder than Coil in 2.1, so nothing about that is a surprise to me. Being surprised about that just means you weren't paying attention.

chrono01

I just thought that with the Allagan items becoming more desirable, the Mythology cap increase excites me less [as does the alternate means to attain them]. I don't have alternate classes so I don't really have anyone to get up outside of my main, and they don't even have any items to purchase that you can use for alternate sources of Gil [to sell on the Market Board].

I'll have all of my AF+1 pieces by the time the Mythology fix is incorporated with 2.1 so I guess I'll just let them sit there until I decide what to do with them. :/

kierwynn

I'm so sad I slept through the best part of the annoucement- HARD MODE HAUKKE MANOR YEEEEEAH

If it's just as basic as the original dungeon I will cry. It's suuuch a cool looking dungeon and the atmosphere is great, the boss fights just sucked.

chrono01

I'm so sad I slept through the best part of the annoucement- HARD MODE HAUKKE MANOR YEEEEEAH

If it's just as basic as the original dungeon I will cry. It's suuuch a cool looking dungeon and the atmosphere is great, the boss fights just sucked.
It won't be the same. Supposedly even trash is different [mechanics?] as are the bosses/loot.

Aeana

I just thought that with the Allagan items becoming more desirable, the Mythology cap increase excites me less [as does the alternate means to attain them]. I don't have alternate classes so I don't really have anyone to get up outside of my main, and they don't even have any items to purchase that you can use for alternate sources of Gil [to sell on the Market Board].

I'll have all of my AF+1 pieces by the time the Mythology fix is incorporated with 2.1 so I guess I'll just let them sit there until I decide what to do with them. :/
Well, you could start an alternate class.

Ken

well, im still kind of bummed about:

#1 too many dungeons between i50-i70
#2 still no alternate sources for i90 armor and accessories

although #1 gets rid of the need for #2 (lol) having upwards gear progression is fun to me!!

Baleoce

Just bought an SSD and am reinstalling OS from scratch. Anyone know how I can backup my hotkey/macro/UI settings in ARR?

Aeana

I could, I already have my Archer to 15 for my Black Mage. But I've never been a fan of alt's in MMO's, unless they can benefit my main class in some way. :(
It's different in this game, though, since it's all on your one character. Being able to cover each of the roles to fill out groups is pretty great, IMO.

chrono01

It's different in this game, though, since it's all on your one character. Being able to cover each of the roles to fill out groups is pretty great, IMO.
True, I can definitely see the appeal with FFXIV over other MMO's [since, as you said, everything is shared and easily accessible].

However, with my current backlog of games [and Gathering/Crafting classes still to level] I really don't think adding another Job to my list is something I want to do, at least at this point in-time. Then I have to learn a whole new set of rotations [which will likely be the easiest of the ordeal], as well as my new role in the group [if I chose to play as something other than a DPS].

However, who knows what the future holds? I might get there eventually. >:)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Yeah but you get locked into a single character end game per-say

Someone I know did 50 BRD and created another toon and leveled it to 50 BLM

Now has 2 chars leveled up, can grab 600 myths weekly (300 each char) and just can get AF+1 and have 2 turns at coil, which they do, one with their FC and 1 as random

It's not a bad idea splitting it up sometimes (must have a lot of free time)

So they're behind schedule by 4 weeks on 2.1, so if no delay, we would've been playing this content since last week =/

At least when they do release it, 2.2 isn't a huge patch, so it won't get hit with overlap delay from 2.1

Also most of the gear the way their showing it and giving it to the community, they really are trying to push you to grab a third or fourth class lol

Alucrid

Banned

Someone I know did 50 BRD and created another toon and leveled it to 50 BLM

Now has 2 chars leveled up, can grab 600 myths weekly (300 each char) and just can get AF+1 and have 2 turns at coil, which they do, one with their FC and 1 as random

It's not a bad idea splitting it up sometimes (must have a lot of free time)

So they're behind schedule by 4 weeks on 2.1, so if no delay, we would've been playing this content since last week =/

At least when they do release it, 2.2 isn't a huge patch, so it won't get hit with overlap delay from 2.1

Also most of the gear the way their showing it and giving it to the community, they really are trying to push you to grab a third or fourth class lol

But every week I raid coil with three different classes. I get locked into that char, but I still can get gear for three classes at the same time.

WolvenOne

December 17th, about when I thought I it'd be released, nice.

Also I don't really mind Coil gear getting a slight bump, since I've been ignoring it in favor of AF2. It gives me a reason to collect it once I finish my AF2 set. Hopefully they come up with other items for me to spend my Myth on though, like, maybe the mats to make my Garuda couch. XD

Aeana

I don't think so. If you're running with a static Coil group, gearing up another job that you aren't playing will happen naturally after people get the stuff they need on their mains. We have already geared up several alts with Coil loot that would've dropped into the abyss otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom