• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
Isn't the double-Flare fix more likely to be how you can time your casts to have one go off during a UB3 tick, then immediately recast?

Velk

Neo Member
Oh ok gotcha. Thought there was a glitch I didn't know about or something.

There is, he's just incorrect. If you flare immediately after an umbral ice 3 mana tick, you will receive a mana tick during the first flare's cast time and can immediately chain a second flare. The second flare will get the cast speed buff from UI3 because the first flare has not landed yet, and will get the damage buff from AF3 because it will be up when the flare goes off.

I'm curious to see what they do to fix it - having flare switch to AF3 when you start casting it would seem an easy fix, but would enable other cast cancel shenanigans. A longer recast timer on flare would screw flare convert flare as well, but that may be acceptable collateral damage.

desu

No FC only CT? Are they freaking nuts? Anyone that is frequently running the Duty Finder knows how annoying it is to deal with most people. Some weeks I have to explain 7/10 parties the most trivial things. All that for gear that is inferior to Allagan/AF+1. Barely any reason to have a sub with 2.1 (unless the primals are super awesome and have good rewards).

Ploid 3.0

Sounds like bard is not going to be able to use the one of those awesome monk abilities going by his wording. Such good damage.

They better have something for Arcanist, their pet controls are clunky. Make their commands like a stance so they won't all of a sudden go into attack and spam abilities mode depending on what happens (if you start attacking a new mob after telling them to not do something. Especially after zoning). I spam heel a lot, babysitting.

elyetis

I hope they release an artwork book in a few years. Armor, weapon, furniture, everythings.... their artwork just look too good.

Mandoric

Banned
There is, he's just incorrect. If you flare immediately after an umbral ice 3 mana tick, you will receive a mana tick during the first flare's cast time and can immediately chain a second flare. The second flare will get the cast speed buff from UI3 because the first flare has not landed yet, and will get the damage buff from AF3 because it will be up when the flare goes off.

I'm curious to see what they do to fix it - having flare switch to AF3 when you start casting it would seem an easy fix, but would enable other cast cancel shenanigans. A longer recast timer on flare would screw flare convert flare as well, but that may be acceptable collateral damage.

5 second recast would allow for Flare-Convert-Fire-Flare but not Blizzaga-Flare-Flare, correct?

aceface

With dungeon EXP buff dungeons now better than FATES for leveling Yoshi-P says. :O

Edit: Hard mode Copperbell and Hauuke being added. Listed as being on par with AK, WP, and new dungeon.

chrono01

I wasn't aware of this glitch. That's probably because any time I use Flare I'm already in Astral Fire III for the damage increase. >_<

I'm happy for Haukke Manor Hard. I loved that instance.

chrono01

i am pretty sure its for current allagan items.
I guess they're shifting them upward to compensate for the items in Crystal Tower.

It makes sense considering that AK and CT are listed as tier's below Coil. It makes the gear we're working towards now even more valuable going forward, although I'll still run CT for the experience as well as Vanity Items.

Aeana

I wonder if the myth gear will also be bumped to ilvl95.

If it isn't, that will create a major rift in current best in slot ideology.
But, since relic+1 is a myth item, it seems clear that they want to differentiate allagan and myth gear. Well, that's speculation on my part based on what Yoshida actually said, which isn't mentioned on the English Q&A about relic+1 and allagan gear.

Ferr986

Yes, of course. The ilevel determines the stat budget on the item.

did they said that? I assumed they are just bumping the item lvl without changing the stats.
That would make Myth gear obsolete. Right now the balance isnt bad, the lower turn Allagan gear is slighlt worse than Myth and the higher turn gear slightly better.

Aeana

did they said that? I assumed they are just bumping the item lvl without changing the stats.
That would make Myth gear obsolete. Right now the balance isnt bad, the lower turn Allagan gear is slighlt worse than Myth and the higher turn gear slightly better.

How would boosting the item level without changing the stats make anything obsolete? Item level means nothing, it's the stats that matter. They didn't have to say it, because that's just how the item level system works.

Velk

Neo Member
Does the Allagan iLevel increase come with increased/adjusted stats? (can't watch the stream)

That's the whole point of ilevel. It works as a multiplier on base stats so you don't have to try and work out if something is over/under powered when making it.

chrono01

Haha, it sounds like those running Coil now will be getting a lot of "Vanity" gear come Patch 2.1.

Edit - Sorry for the double post. I had thought someone posted after me already. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom