• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must just be the server I'm on then. Everyone I've talked to has at least 1 group on T4/T5if not multiple groups....and here I was thinking I was on a derp server cause it took us like 3 weeks longer to beat Titan than most other servers

Anecdotal evidence makes it seem that way but it's really not the case. There are plenty of people in our FC on turn 4/5 but that is a really small amount of people compared to our total membership of 450+. Likewise, the seemingly large amount of people advancing in Coil are really a small percentage compared to the overall world population on the server.

studyguy

Had to cut twin short due to our SCH having net problems.
Apparently during T4's last phase he was slamming buttons hoping things happened because it got so bad. I think his fairy carried him more than anything, once again proving my suspicion that SCH are asleep at the wheel more often than they care to admit.

WolvenOne

Anecdotal evidence makes it seem that way but it's really not the case. There are plenty of people in our FC on turn 4/5 but that is a really small amount of people compared to our total membership of 450+. Likewise, the seemingly large amount of people advancing in Coil are really a small percentage compared to the overall world population on the server.

Yeah, the amount of people that are crafting, leveling sub-jobs, or whom only log in a few times per week, vastly outnumber the people making a concerted effort to clear out Coil. It's easy to forget that, since the people that're clearing Coil are frequently the ones most active in the Linkshells, FC logs, etc. The actual numbers however, don't lie.

WolvenOne

Aaaaah, this should increase DF wait time.

Wouldn't more people running dungeons, decrease wait times? Most the time people end of waiting on Healers, Tanks, and occasionally even DPS. If more of all three are trying to run dungeons daily, there should be less of a hold up.

Also, while I approve of Hardmode Copperbell and Haukke, I was kinda hopeful for HM Brayflox and Qarn. XD

frequency

I am fairly certain the vast majority of people are not even level 50 yet, nevermind T4/5.

Easy to forget when you surround yourself with end game people and sit around town with end game people (while pre-50 players are out in the world leveling).

WolvenOne

I am fairly certain the vast majority of people are not even level 50 yet, nevermind T4/5.

Easy to forget when you surround yourself with end game people and sit around town with end game people (while pre-50 players are out in the world leveling).

That's true.

Heck, I just finished up walking a party through the Story Ifrit fight a few days ago. Plenty of pre-50's out there. XD

BLCKATK

It's definitely a different environment on a Legacy server. Lots of new people on Balmung for sure, but also tons of people with everything at 50.

Wilsongt

It's definitely a different environment on a Legacy server. Lots of new people on Balmung for sure, but also tons of people with everything at 50.

That's how it is on Sargatanas. Had to practically beg the FC to provide two people to help with normal Garuda, but a couple of people pulled through and helped. Most people are maxed out in lots of gear now.

Yeah I think that's her, Book and glasses.

Yeah---nope. She doesn't appear again (at least as far as the job quests go).

That's actually something that slightly annoys me with the Class quests. Almost all of them in terms of characters and events are dropped entirely in exchange of pursuing some new person that handles your job stuff (and I've always kind of disliked most of the people they switch you to). They introduced the Arcanist guildmaster in one cutscene and I haven't seen his lazy ass since.

Wouldn't more people running dungeons, decrease wait times? Most the time people end of waiting on Healers, Tanks, and occasionally even DPS. If more of all three are trying to run dungeons daily, there should be less of a hold up.

Also, while I approve of Hardmode Copperbell and Haukke, I was kinda hopeful for HM Brayflox and Qarn. XD

I love Haukke but a Hard version of Brayflox would be awesome. I love that dungeon so much.

studyguy

woop woop
jx6BtDF.jpg

Can't wait for this and 1.0 Ifrit Extreme's screen full of nails (though now we have AoE limit breaks to deal with most of them sadly.)

Also clarification!
According to the stream, Yoshida did in fact mention this upgrade to item level 95 was to be for Allagan weapons only due to the difficulty of turn 5, whereas the text on the Japanese and English Q&A post indicated equipment in general. Just to be certain, we will double check with Yoshi-P and let you know for sure.
Welp, I guess it's time to stop passing so much on allagan stuff I don't really need right now.

I'm glad they're boosting dungeon exp, it always seemed a struggle to get people in the FC to tag along on dungeons, especially when I wanted to grind for drops. This will make it easier...though it'd probably help if more people logged in! Why is most of my FL always greyed out?!

Aeana

I'm glad they're boosting dungeon exp, it always seemed a struggle to get people in the FC to tag along on dungeons, especially when I wanted to grind for drops. This will make it easier...though it'd probably help if more people logged in! Why is most of my FL always greyed out?!

I found a (Deleted) entry on my friend list yesterday. Looked at the FC member list, and found a (Deleted) too. I have no idea who it was but they were really high up on my list. Losing people sucks so much.

studyguy

I found a (Deleted) entry on my friend list yesterday. Looked at the FC member list, and found a (Deleted) too. I have no idea who it was but they were really high up on my list. Losing people sucks so much.

That's crazy, that has to be someone who was either hacked and started doing seriously illicit stuff or was shady to begin with and SE stepped in to drop the banhammer. I have friends who deleted their characters and their name just disappeared entirely, not said DELETED.

WolvenOne

Well, we'll repopulate a bit every time theres an update, probably repopulate a lot when the game is released on new platforms, or when expansions come out.

Between those there will probably be a slow bleed of players, but that's probably true of every MMOS.

Well, we'll repopulate a bit every time theres an update, probably repopulate a lot when the game is released on new platforms, or when expansions come out.

Between those there will probably be a slow bleed of players, but that's probably true of every MMOS.

Or they'll just bumrush everything, get burned out and then leave again...=p

MechaX

I'm personally curious on how they are going to handle Bard cross-classes.

It wouldn't make much sense to get rid of Internal Release if they're still going to have PGL be the other class requirement to unlock Bard. I could see them nixing Blood for Blood, but there wouldn't be much to compensate for unless they'll have them as another SMN with access to emergency heals or something.

studyguy

I'm personally curious on how they are going to handle Bard cross-classes.

It wouldn't make much sense to get rid of Internal Release if they're still going to have PGL be the other class requirement to unlock Bard. I could see them nixing Blood for Blood, but there wouldn't be much to compensate for unless they'll have them as another SMN with access to emergency heals or something.

Welcome back to pure support bards where we're turning their cross class back to CNJ a la pre-ARR. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Deleted should also apply to people that moved from the server.
Oh that's a good point too.

Torquill

Anyone claiming CT is pointless is being silly, esp if they have any iLVL 70 and/or haven't killed Twintania yet. It's a new option for Gearing up.

Of you have killed twin or have full gear, tough titties. This was always going to be bridge content to coil. If you cleared coil without it, Grats!

Anyone claiming myth gear is pointless is also silly. Firstly, not everyone does coil. Second, given the limited weekly drops it's still good for supplementing as you gear up for layer turns. Thirdly, since coil gear is random and myth time gear is a guarantee, it will never be obsolete for people with shitty luck.

My beef is the iLvl55 req for CT. that seems obscenely low for iLvl 80 gears and reeks of a completion lockout, even of just for the day. Or very high mechanics dofficulty. Otherwise Darklight gear becomes obsolete

studyguy

Anyone claiming CT is pointless is being silly, esp if they have any iLVL 70 and/or haven't killed Twintania yet. It's a new option for Gearing up.

Of you have killed twin or have full gear, tough titties. This was always going to be bridge content to coil. If you cleared coil without it, Grats!

Anyone claiming myth gear is pointless is also silly. Firstly, not everyone does coil. Second, given the limited weekly drops it's still good for supplementing as you gear up for layer turns. Thirdly, since coil gear is random and myth time gear is a guarantee, it will never be obsolete for people with shitty luck.

My beef is the iLvl55 req for CT. that seems obscenely low for iLvl 80 gears and reeks of a completion lockout, even of just for the day. Or very high mechanics dofficulty. Otherwise Darklight gear becomes obsolete

I'm going to fucking make bank off housing.
Fucking.
Bank.

WolvenOne

Let DL gear become obsolete, good riddance. I hope nobody ever has to go through the nightmare that is Tin Can Cat.

Not once, ever again!

studyguy

Let DL gear become obsolete, good riddance. I hope nobody ever has to go through the nightmare that is Tin Can Cat.

Not once, ever again!

You mean you don't want a flanchard that makes your hips look as wide as you are tall?!
On a roe it looks ridiculous lol.

Ploid 3.0

In ffxiv macros what is the normal copy macro set X to B command?

Example, this works for Scholar

/macroicon "Summon"
/hotbar copy SCH 9 SCH 1
/action "Summon" <me>

And for crossbar just change hotbar to crossbar. To save space I want to do this type of thing for my summoner and SCH. I tried "row" instead of sch, no dice. I'm copying pet commands based on which pet is summoned (Topaz carbuncle abilities vs Ifrit's for example).

WolvenOne

You mean you don't want a flanchard that makes your hips look as wide as you are tall?!
On a roe it looks ridiculous lol.

More the whole, never seeing your characters face, thing. The fact that you look stiff and clumsy in that getup certainly doesn't help either.

Ken

Not once, ever again!

I have a feeling it will be. I mean, maybe people will pick up DL pieces as they pick up tomes through uh...WP/AK/Haukke/Copperbell/CM/Prae/Roulette, but if people can just jump straight into CT with as little as new AK/PS there's really no reason to farm for full DL anymore.

I suppose it remains to be seen what pug-mentality will be like.

Show how much you care about those on your friend's list. I wounder how fast I'll be forgotten. :c

orion434

Made my Gryphonskin Armor set + Belt, started socketing Critical Hit Rate +9 into any of the 100% slots that will give the full 9. This is ridiculously expensive! Can't wait until I start with 29%'s gah! I really love the way the whole set looks, my favorite set by far :)

MechaX

Welcome back to pure support bards where we're turning their cross class back to CNJ a la pre-ARR. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I dunno how well or not so well it worked pre-ARR, but I wouldn't be too bummed about this (even if it would render meaningless the three days I spent leveling lancer and hating every minute of it). But the aspect of being emergency support is kind of the reason why I'm looking into leveling SMN now. I wonder how far Yoshida will take it, because despite their support role, bards are still classified as DPS (and I would hate to see bards regulated to solely 8+ man groups and snubbed for almost everything else due to lower DPS output).

BLCKATK

I dunno how well or not so well it worked pre-ARR, but I wouldn't be too bummed about this (even if it would render meaningless the three days I spent leveling lancer and hating every minute of it). But the aspect of being emergency support is kind of the reason why I'm looking into leveling SMN now. I wonder how far Yoshida will take it, because despite their support role, bards are still classified as DPS (and I would hate to see bards regulated to solely 8+ man groups and snubbed for almost everything else due to lower DPS output).

I only really remember stoneskin and raise being powerful tools, and since you can't battle raise without the trait, the only thing I could really see coming in handy is Stoneskin. Cure was okay in 1.0, but not that BRDs barely get any mind, the only crossclass skill that will be worth it will be stoneskin probably.

WolvenOne

http://imgur.com/a/MtCuK

i guess these sets are one of them?

Not all of those are 2.1 items. I recognize the Wide Eyed Fawn and Bluebird Minions already, then there's the Calvary set you get from Brayflox. It's a flipping sweet set, but seeing as vanity slots are coming in 2.2 I doubt they'd re-use the exact set without some sort of cosmetic alternation.

Speaking of, since we are getting vanity items in 2.2, I'm dropping my request for stat-upgraded versions of the cosmetic drops, such as Odin armor. That request was made under the assumption that Vanity Slots wouldn't be arriving until next summer or later. If we're getting that feature in late February or early March, I can live with having slightly more limited cosmetic options.

studyguy

Problem with ARR is pre-ARR bards could be an emergency revive, much like PLD could Hallowed Ground and pull an emergency revive as well. Though it was set as a trait requirement to even do it mid battle now in ARR.

atmusfear

So yea, these Odin/Behemoth Fates.... what a clusterf*ck they are, surely someone thought it'd be a bad idea for where every single player on a server could gather in a single spot and spam AoEs all day.

Thanks to Galen, Takato, Tiv, Mary, Sosul, Scything and Elliot for that last minute HM Ifrit group

Now if only I can get that blasted AV beaten...

Alex

They really have to add some form of stat manipulation. Accuracy is absurd in this game when you have zero means to influence it.

I think they should just rework the attribute allotment from leveling. Let you put points into sub-stats as well, 1 into a primary or ~6 into a sub-stat. That alone would fix so much and be more interesting.

In general this game could really use more customization, there's really little you can actually tweak or tune or play with.

suzu

Thanks soooo much to everybody in GAF that helped carry me to relic weapon victory. :DD

izKI5DCbpxMUN.jpg

yeah.. I'm still wearing AF... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom