• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resilient

Was reading on reddit today about people having to pay for Titan runs, and soon for Coil runs. That makes me sad, I only have 4 friends playing at the moment so it's gonna be tough to find a group for it, let alone learn the correct mechanics without trial and error (which to be honest, I would prefer that way)

:(

Mairu

Was reading on reddit today about people having to pay for Titan runs, and soon for Coil runs. That makes me sad, I only have 4 friends playing at the moment so it's gonna be tough to find a group for it, let alone learn the correct mechanics without trial and error (which to be honest, I would prefer that way)

:[

We were missing one person for Coil yesterday (so much for starting Twintania!) so I got a few of us together to just run Titan in DF for a bit. I'm sure it was pleasant for those random people queueing up to manage to luck their way into a partial premade.

If you're on Ultros, the FC does Titan all the time. If you need help, just speak up. I'm K'tai Quohn/Jamie Neima on the FC and I'm always up for helping when I can...

rykomatsu

Kera / Wrongway,

Vivid here.

It looks like BB want to try waiting for you if the plumbing catastrophe is resolvable tonight. How's it looking? (if not available, don't fret :] )

jiien

Hey BBs, Kera here -- I'm battling a plumbing disaster atm, not sure if I'll be able to be on soon for Coil or not. :[

Quoting you twice, but seriously, do you want us to wait for you on Coil? I don't think anyone would mind, but we figured we'd ask to see what you think. Assuming your house still exists and doesn't smell like sewage, we can always try on Sunday.

adixon

Hey BBs, Kera here -- I'm battling a plumbing disaster atm, not sure if I'll be able to be on soon for Coil or not. :[

Oh god, that sounds worse than allagan rot. Let me know if you need heals.

*edit* or leeches, just realized I should have offered leeches.

Resilient

:[

We were missing one person for Coil yesterday (so much for starting Twintania!) so I got a few of us together to just run Titan in DF for a bit. I'm sure it was pleasant for those random people queueing up to manage to luck their way into a partial premade.

If you're on Ultros, the FC does Titan all the time. If you need help, just speak up. I'm K'tai Quohn/Jamie Neima on the FC and I'm always up for helping when I can...

Yah, I've seen people always doing Titan in the FC but I'm worried by the time I reach Titan everybody will have moved on. I'm making strides though so it won't be long till 50. I'm Axel October btw.

I need to resub soon too, how excite!

I think it's a big stretch to say most players are on Coil. I mean how many players are in coil groups now? My completely subjective estimate would be 10-15% Even in the GAF FC there's I think 3 static groups out of 450 members (maybe 200 of those still play) and no Twintania win. So for the other ~80% of players who are still getting there CT will be a nice step in endgame progression.

There are 6 or 7 Coil GAF groups which are all GAF, and several other GAF FC members are also in Coil groups which aren't GAF.

There's a lot of Gaffers doing the Coil.

wrongway

Quoting you twice, but seriously, do you want us to wait for you on Coil? I don't think anyone would mind, but we figured we'd ask to see what you think. Assuming your house still exists and doesn't smell like sewage, we can always try on Sunday.

Sorry, just now finished up. Blargh.

I should be up for some Coil tomorrow evening if folks want to give it a go then. I got my AF+1 safety jacket last night, need to take it for a spin. :3

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Paying for dungeon and boss battles? Thats just stupid.

It's desperate times

I got mines mentality

Most people in FC's have done their 3rd+ relic, new people are really not being helped get infused into a FC persay

Many FC's shout, but most casual players aren't vocal or don't read /shouts

I seriously logged into MD, within 30 seconds saw someone asking for Turn 2 Coil, need BRD, BLM and a Melee DPS
The next shout line right afterwards was a BLM looking for Turn 2...

Guy /shouted 3 more times, BLM 5 times...

I mean COME THE FUCK ON!

I stepped in and became the goddamn Matchmaker, like yo' your BLM right there, yo' BLM your Turn 2 Group right there

Seriously, some players want to be handheld for everything, no effort at all

A lot of FC's are fractured into 3 groups

Coil/End Game
Mid Range
Semi-Retired/Burned Out/Taking Their Time

I have no clue if more characters are coming into the mix, for a MMO, you need to keep a new batch keep coming in and churning the cycle
Maybe 2.1 will bring back players for a few weeks and ramp up the community numbers, but at the moment a lot of players w/o FC are really shit out of luck

There's GAF, LUMI, Shinra, Anti-Skill, NOPE, Doink, etc.
More other countless one that veer towards super hardcore or go very casual/laidback as fuck

Really think SE should let FC leaders put up their FC insignia + FC mode/style and if they're recruiting or not
So people w/o FC can just go and browse through them
I have no clue if we have this option

Like Maple can go, we are GAF, we have 20 spots open, from casual to HC, contact such and such
Saint Micheal can advertise that Lumi is looking for 5 members, mostly BRD/DRG/MNK etc.
Eanae can just say need players for Coil Group 5, visit website for details

So at least the players have a system to see what FC's are running around
No ranking, no showing of how many members etc.(brag factor), just pure FC list for people to go check if maybe a FC out there fits there needs

Most times I have no issue getting help. And I'm just as happy to help out, at least when I'm needed, too many darn healers in the Gaf FC!

I recognize I'm a mediocre WHM but darn it, I will help!

And again, thank you people who helped me clear Malboroland.

And I'm one of those people who take their sweet old time...been playing since before launch and I still don't have a relic lol

WolvenOne

Two cents, as long as I'm up way too late.

I'm all for helping out new players with the Primal Battles. My schedule doesn't let me do it as much as I'd like, but still, I usually enjoy it and I get a lot of satisfaction helping other players past those humps.

I don't approve of people selling Titan carries though, at least, not hugely expensive Titan carries that gouge people when they need it most. My reasoning here is three fold.

1: If a person doesn't have the core skills to beat Titan HM, outright carrying that person may not actually be doing them any favors.

2: At this point in the game, players really need to start finding a support system. They should be finding other competent players they can go to for the really difficult content. So, if they're just going to pay for a carry and then go back to soloing without support, nothing is being solved long term.

3: I may be a dyed in the wool capitalist, but, if you have to be paid 100K+ Gil just to help out another player, your attitude is in need of serious adjustment. While I wouldn't say there's anything outright wrong with it, it just seems like the wrong attitude to take in a game where making connections and friendships is such a key aspect of the experience. I realize that even gameplay time is valuable, but still, people should either do it to be nice, or at least keep their rates reasonable.

Anyhow, that ended up being far more than two cents, my bad. >_>;;

Alucrid

Banned

Stop reading reddit. Plenty of ways to find a group for both Titan and Coil that don't involve playing.

aceface

There are 6 or 7 Coil GAF groups which are all GAF, and several other GAF FC members are also in Coil groups which aren't GAF.

There's a lot of Gaffers doing the Coil.

Hey you're right, hadn't checked that in awhile.

That said I still think it's a stretch to say that most players are in Coil or that most players are on their third relic, etc. My original point was that new pre-coil content like CT is useful to all the folks who have not reached that point yet and it's still a lot. The road to being Coil Ready is a tough slog and any new stuff they can add to spice it up is great. Even the hardcore are usually leveling alts.

Yeah my FC group i do every week we started going to the right the last few times going in there. Problem is, i don't think the party setup is the right way. Well i mean we can do it with just one bard and a dragoon but god damn its hard for the healers (me) to spam those heals with only one bard and me using Shroud.

I've been itching to play this however one thing still bothers me: are the PS3 codes region-free? All that's available here in the Philippines now is the NA version PS3 game but I'm using a Japanese PSN account so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger and buy it.

Ken

I've been itching to play this however one thing still bothers me: are the PS3 codes region-free? All that's available here in the Philippines now is the NA version PS3 game but I'm using a Japanese PSN account so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger and buy it.

Not 100% sure for this specific case but it's a safe assumption that PSN codes are region-locked since that's how it is for every other game.

Reknoc

Pro-tip: when you get a GC quest for a less than enjoyable dungeon, double check... Triple check that you definitely spoke to the npc standing outside the dungeon before you waste hours running it.

Blake Farrence/which brother you are, I keep forgetting somehow, I'm dumb

Thanks again for your help. Whenever I'm free, I'm open to helping you as WHM. I can probably help as SMN too once I hit 50

And thanks Scythia and Pit Bull as well!

Pro-tip: when you get a GC quest for a less than enjoyable dungeon, double check... Triple check that you definitely spoke to the npc standing outside the dungeon before you waste hours running it.

If I'm free later today, I'm up for another run through Malboroland if you need help. I can heal or dps

I'm LOVING crafting right now! but man it sure require a lot of investment. I have all class except armorer pass lv 15, should I focus to get one class to lv 50 or it's better to level them all simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom