• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

reson8or

Pattern is pretty set. You'll learn it as you get beat up a bit more, lol

Made this from a couple different sources, hope it helps.

10176565543_8a066c0fd3_o.jpg

I did the same thing. I refused to wear that stupid looking Darklight tank body piece and went for the AF2 head and body, just picked up my body piece yesterday. It's gonna be another long wait for the Relic +1 but I am also in no real rush. There's no point fretting over the stats differences when there will be plenty of time to save up tomes, I'd rather look cooler now. :3

I know that feel.

depward

Got my first piece of darklight gear. Now hopefully people will see I have some skin in the game and won't kick me from every AK party I join (seriously - I'm a healer and need to run it to complete both a GC quest and my relic quest).

BadRNG

Someone mentioned earlier about tanking positions for last boss in AK, thought I'd throw my two gil in. I tank him like so:

vADLKAM.jpg

Never had any complaints. Plenty of room for everyone. I've tried doing it on other side of same statue, but I've had him bug into either the statue or the wall to his left twice so I don't bother.

Naar

I was told those Allagan coins you get from quests and dungeons are only used to sell to npc? is this true? i have a ton of them and could use the money, but wanted to make sure they have no other purpose

The gold sells for 2.5k alone

I did the same thing. I refused to wear that stupid looking Darklight tank body piece and went for the AF2 head and body, just picked up my body piece yesterday. It's gonna be another long wait for the Relic +1 but I am also in no real rush. There's no point fretting over the stats differences when there will be plenty of time to save up tomes, I'd rather look cooler now. :3

UeRmYcm.gif

So in regards to the level 50 dungeon mob hotfix, is anyone optimistic about it? Lol.

i am. they will add some new rewards like money or crafting items and call it a day. the masses called for more rewards when they kill boring mobs, they didn't demand interesing gameplay. that's all what we'll get. but i still want them to add random spawn revenge minibosses for generic mobs. give them a chance to wipe the party hard and give them some extra penalty for wiping. that will keep them on their toes.

Ultrabum

I was told those Allagan coins you get from quests and dungeons are only used to sell to npc? is this true? i have a ton of them and could use the money, but wanted to make sure they have no other purpose

The gold sells for 2.5k alone

Yup, sell them to npc.

Someone mentioned earlier about tanking positions for last boss in AK, thought I'd throw my two gil in. I tank him like so:

vADLKAM.jpg

Never had any complaints. Plenty of room for everyone. I've tried doing it on other side of same statue, but I've had him bug into either the statue or the wall to his left twice so I don't bother.

Why do you have RoH set to both L2 left dpad and R2 triangle?

pitbull

Banned
So in regards to the level 50 dungeon mob hotfix, is anyone optimistic about it? Lol.

i am since they said "make it worthwhile" but I'm not expecting something huge, and I mainly run AK now for cap and prae still doesnt have that much trash (maybe 3 extra packs) that would need to be killed

MechaX

I read it as we should have an ongoing FC event where Prae and CM speed runs occur 24/7 all weekend long before Squenix screws us again.

I can do this. I pretty much accepted the fact that I will probably get Full Darklight before I even get one Primal weapon (hell, probably relic too). Might as well make good on that self-fulfilling prophecy.

BadRNG

Why do you have RoH set to both L2 left dpad and R2 triangle?
I like to have my big powerful cooldowns on second bar, so no reason/nothing else to put there atm. The game put RoH there when I first unlocked PLD and it changed hotbar configuration, I just never changed that spot.

When I get Stoneskin I will probably put it there.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Well I got my password problem figured out, so now I am wondering if there is a guide for returning 1.0 players somewhere who are completely lost. I have every job at 50 and yet I have no idea how to play any of them anymore haha.

I have 17m left over from 1.0, is that still a lot of money? What do I do with all this cracked materia?

Kokonoe

Banned

That is by far the most idiotic, stupid, piece of crap, dumb design ever. Did they even play test Odin before releasing it? Wow. It's like Dimps got ahold of Square Enix specifically for this boss and went ahead and collaborated with Backbone for server coding.

Pattern is pretty set. You'll learn it as you get beat up a bit more, lol

Or if you are dps you can do the fight completely reactionary without learning anything. Only things you really have to know is that the purple lines are the outer limits of landslide, and to never let yourself get boxed in by other players in case of weights.

Kyari

This might sound like an odd question but are there any Level 50 enemies in the word? All I can find are up to level 49. If I could get 50 enemies it'd make for a much easier chocobo leveling experience, as I'd be able to get an exp chain going.

Mileena

Banned

That is by far the most idiotic, stupid, piece of crap, dumb design ever. Did they even play test Odin before releasing it? Wow. It's like Dimps got ahold of Square Enix specifically for this boss and went ahead and collaborated with Backbone for server coding.

Square-Enix loves you.

Tarazet

This might sound like an odd question but are there any Level 50 enemies in the word? All I can find are up to level 49. If I could get 50 enemies it'd make for a much easier chocobo leveling experience, as I'd be able to get an exp chain going.

Check your hunting log again. I could've sworn some of the Imperials were level 50.

GorillaJu

So from what I've read above, I should get the Bard pants first?

Basically:

AF2 Hat, Body, Gloves, Ring, Belt, Pants and Relic +1 are all best-in-slot items for Bard. Boots and Wrist from BC are better.

However, the individual DPS benefit from each item varies depending on its stats compare to Darklight.

Relic +1 is best-in-slot bow so you will want to get it eventually, however the biggest DPS upgrade comes from the AF2 pants and body. Those two items are less efficient DPS upgrades compared with gloves and ring, however, when considering their costs. You get "more for your myth" essentially with gloves/ring.

Since you eventually need to get all the BIS pieces above, there is nothing wrong with getting Relic +1 first, and yeah if you for example like the looks of something then by all means grab that first.

I would save hat for last and just never get the boots or ring because the BC hat is so close to AF2 that it'd be fine and not need to be replaced if you got it from a drop while still in he process of gearing. AF2 boots and wrists are pure garbage

grendelrt

i went straight for AF2 for BP and helmet, didn't buy the DL piece. doing fine, but haven't done coil yet. taking my time.

Did you guys buy the Relic Weapon yet? (not the +1). I can buy either Breastplate or Relic Weapon next week, I have been unsuccessful getting the Ifrit weapon and only run Garuda once :)

Those big Magitek machines in the Imperial bases.

Kyari

Those big Magitek machines in the Imperial bases.

Found them, awesome.

Too bad you can't get an exp chain at 50 apparently.

Word of advice to anyone wanting to level chocobos then: try and do it before 50. At 50 Exp bonus items won't trickle down to your chocobo, rested exp doesn't apply and you can't get Exp chains to feed the chocobo even more exp either.

Edit: though being partied does give a bonus - though far less than the text claims.

aceface

And I like how if one person dies, its pretty much a wipe, even if your other party members are doing well or so it looks like they are. Just wtf. Can't really see shit when you are at the bottom of the cavern.

Simple thing but, at the beginning when he shakes he ground you are staying inside the red circle right? It you are outside it you will fall. It's a bit counterintuitive because the game has been teaching you to always get out of red circles up to that point.

BLCKATK

So for the members of GAF who have made it past Turn 3, what do you guys think about all the weird stuff that happens in there? 10 or so of the same enemy who don't attack, have tons of HP, and can follow you to the bottom parts of the map? You think there is something else to it? I've been reading into the secret boss theory, and though I'm not too sure its even possible there is so much weird stuff that goes on in there that I almost think it could be true..

Ken

So for the members of GAF who have made it past Turn 3, what do you guys think about all the weird stuff that happens in there? 10 or so of the same enemy who don't attack, have tons of HP, and can follow you to the bottom parts of the map? You think there is something else to it? I've been reading into the secret boss theory, and though I'm not too sure its even possible there is so much weird stuff that goes on in there that I almost think it could be true..

that'd be crazy but i doubt it

Alucrid

Banned
So it wouldn't be worth going for Wyrms for the Crit?

Only the chest has crit when the allagan doesn't. otherwise it's going to be crit/skill speed vs crit / determination and the latter is always better. only the waist, chest and two accessories are best in slot for drg from the myth vendor for armor.

so gae bolg +1?

or should i just level a bard

Gonna have to get the chest and +1 eventually so unless you're the min maxing type whatever.

I swear... some of the people I've run into with Duty Finder have been great.

Finally made it into Manor last night and I stated right off the bat that it was my first time running it. Tank was like... no problem. Explained each fight, gave me the heads up when to use limit, and even when we lost our healer right before the last boss, everyone was just chatting and being friendly while waiting for another one to que up.

Makes it a little nicer when all these dungeons end up being mandatory for story.

So yeah, Para Selene thank you again... where ever you cool peeps are.

Taruranto

Made this from a couple different sources, hope it helps.

It's good, but remember he will do landslide immediately after the bombs in P5, therefore standing in the center it's not advised for the first formation. Iirc I usually stay a tad left or right (depending on what bombs go off first) and after he landslides i move toward the center/first bomb exploded.

vADLKAM.jpg

Saw a Tank doing it last time I did AK, honestly I don't find it an optimal position. The one posted a few pages ago is the best, It allows you to tank him without moving once.

Finally made it into Manor last night and I stated right off the bat that it was my first time running it. Tank was like... no problem. Explained each fight, gave me the heads up when to use limit, and even when we lost our healer right before the last boss, everyone was just chatting and being friendly while waiting for another one to que up.

Makes it a little nicer when all these dungeons end up being mandatory for story.

Having just hit 50 I've been having the same experiences. My first CM run had another awesome tank that explained everything to me whether I neeeded to know it or not for the speedrun, my first Prea run went off without a hitch, and my first AK run same deal.

I was kinda worried afrter hearing a ton of people with bad experiences and I'm sure I'll run into some soon but so far my DF groups have been pretty phenomenal.

Alucrid

Banned

pretty much. i imagine the negative experiences are shared more so than positive ones as with anything. one tank during copperbell literally did not take any of our suggestions or even respond to anything half the time. this resulted in me dying from trash mobs because he just stood there attacking one mob. next tank knew how to hold aggro, listened to advice, implemented it and it was easy going from there.

aceface

I've had some great experiences on DF as well. For example the other day my wife was doing Cape Westwind and one DPS left immediately and another died quickly. However through communication with the one DPS left they were able to take the boss down.

What annoys me about Duty Finder though is that since that person is from another server it's impossible to find them after the duty is over. In situations like that it would be cool to run all the end of story dungeons with someone you find randomly and click with but there's no way to do it. I wonder if Square could ever implement friends lists cross server or something.

Torquill

Simple thing but, at the beginning when he shakes he ground you are staying inside the red circle right? It you are outside it you will fall. It's a bit counterintuitive because the game has been teaching you to always get out of red circles up to that point.
It's not really counter intuitive. "Stay out of red"

Ken

Only the chest has crit when the allagan doesn't. otherwise it's going to be crit/skill speed vs crit / determination and the latter is always better. only the waist, chest and two accessories are best in slot for drg from the myth vendor for armor.

Gonna have to get the chest and +1 eventually so unless you're the min maxing type whatever.

do you like your drg? compared to brd?

Kokonoe

Banned
Beat Sasha's last boss with an Archer and a Lancer without anyone dying as Conjurer. Feels good man.

iT7quko25knZk.jpg

18th run, still haven't gotten it yet, however.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...e-real-issue?p=1402297&viewfull=1#post1402297http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1402297

"Greetings,

We're planning to release a hotfix next week that we'll use to address and adjust a few elements.

One of the adjustments regards the regular monsters in level 50 dungeons and how there is currently no reason to defeat them.

We'll be announcing additional details about the hotfix details soon!"

Anything less than them adding a myth tome or two to trash groups in AK preemptively sucks really. The only other OK thing I could see them doing is better gil drops. I mean is there anything else "good" they could change? Philosophy Tomes are basically worthless as well given easy options like Castrum, so I'm not interested in those either.

Kokonoe

Banned
Are their damage type categories in this? What I mean is like this:

Hand to Hand = Blunt Damage
Polearm = Piercing Damage
Sword = Slashing Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom