• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I'm LOVING crafting right now! but man it sure require a lot of investment. I have all class except armorer pass lv 15, should I focus to get one class to lv 50 or it's better to level them all simultaneously?

You should focus on getting one class to level 50 along with the class in which a lot of rhe required items come from. So, I am leveling gsm and miner. Also leveling weaver/latherwprker with botany.

I'm LOVING crafting right now! but man it sure require a lot of investment. I have all class except armorer pass lv 15, should I focus to get one class to lv 50 or it's better to level them all simultaneously?
Get CUL to 37 for Steady Hand II. Then you can either go CRP for Byregot, or level everything.

Nohar

I love the craft too!... Maaaybe a little too much. I can't stand to not have perfect equipment, and I hate to buy anything at the Auction house, so in the end I'm leveling all my crafting and gathering jobs equally and evenly, and crafting every. single. piece. of. equipment. in its HQ version... I have currently everything at 25+ (except fishing and cooking... I hate those, it takes too much space... And I hate thinking that I'll need to level-up cooking to 37 if I want Steady Hand II :( ).

kierwynn

Ryder ascending to Heaven. (He wasn't floating on anyone else's screen, though D: )

6QFe2mm.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hey Ultrs GAF. I haven't been on much for awhile for a few reasons.

a) Work picked up.
b) Other games picked up.
c) Tiny bit of complications with my recovery.
d) A lot of my very good friends from FFXI were on Excalibur so I ended up making a toon over there to chat and talk with them on the off chance I did get to log in.

So, because of that, I will probably end up just transferring my main on other to Excalibur with them so I can make a tiny bit of real progress whenever I'm actually able to log in. So, feel free to kick me from the FC for the space. I'll understand, no hard feelings. lol If things settle down in the future and the move doesn't work out, I can always move back if you'll accept me.

I <3 j00 Ultros GAF.

Question gaf, what is the main Gaf guild and what server? A friend of mine and myself are thinking about going to a new server and looking for a new guild that is fun and entertaining to be part of.

kierwynn

Question gaf, what is the main Gaf guild and what server? A friend of mine and myself are thinking about going to a new server and looking for a new guild that is fun and entertaining to be part of.

There are gaf guilds on several servers, but I think the biggest ones are on Ultros and Sarg. I dunno much about the Sarg group (though I've heard they're all cool), but the Ultros group is great. Everyone is super helpful and usually pretty chatty and friendly.

Ryder ascending to Heaven. (He wasn't floating on anyone else's screen, though D: )

Now that I've seen it, I'm guessing it's because you were lagging and the client didn't get a position update for Ryder.

Him standing above me is quite funny though, that's not what I saw on my screen!

zeitgeist

Well I dinged 50 finally. Kind of funny that it happened wile I was dead during a FATE against that Chimera in North Thanalan.

Looking at gear now, I have my full AF for SMN and SCH, just wondering if I should grab some lvl 50 Ul Dahn Grimoires or if I get an AF weapon that is better sometime soon.

I was going to get the lvl 50 overcoat maybe too. Thoughts anyone?

Ultrabum

Well I dinged 50 finally. Kind of funny that it happened wile I was dead during a FATE against that Chimera in North Thanalan.

Looking at gear now, I have my full AF for SMN and SCH, just wondering if I should grab some lvl 50 Ul Dahn Grimoires or if I get an AF weapon that is better sometime soon.

I was going to get the lvl 50 overcoat maybe too. Thoughts anyone?

I would consider doing ifrit hard mode for a weapon, or starting with wanderers palace for weapons/ gear drops as well as philo tomes. You can use the philo tomes for really good gear at the npc in mor dhona.

Velk

Neo Member

If you intend to do all of them eventually, do either cul to 37 or carp to 50 first, then do the other one, then do whatever you like. SH2 and Byregot's Shenanigans are incredibly powerful tools for levelling.

Bossun

Finally started Titan HM, what a fun fight!!

I didn't downed it though >< I can only do pug but it's still fun.

Small remark : first time I stumble upon a racist I guess too.

Ken

Housing Preview

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/059bbe56423e9f9f618a578f2a926bda296b64a2

Housing Overview
Players will be able to purchase a house together with members of their free company. The house may then be used for a number of in-game activities.
* While there are plans to allow for individual housing in the future, only free company housing is scheduled for patch 2.1.

In order to acquire a house, players must first raise the rank of their free company and obtain a Land Acquisition entitlement.

Residential Districts
Residential districts will be instanced to accommodate fluctuating player populations.

Entrances to residential districts in each city-state may be found in the following locations:
~messy chart too lazy to format~
* Locations of residential district entrances are subject to change.

Acquiring a House
1. Purchasing Land

Plots of land will be sold by auction. An unowned plot can be purchased by first examining the placard located at its entrance. Land may be purchased in any city, regardless of your free company's affiliation. Furthermore, only free company members with proper authorization may purchase land. For the time being, only one plot may be purchased by a single free company, though the ability to purchase multiple plots is scheduled for a future update.

2. Auction System

The designated prices for all plots of land available for auction are set to be reduced every six hours. To confirm the price of an unowned plot or make a purchase, examine the placard located at its entrance.

* Development screenshot&#8212;subject to change.

3. Purchasing a House Permit

House permits will be available for purchase from a vendor NPC.

4. Building a House

After purchasing a plot of land, build a house by using a house permit on said plot.

* Development screenshot&#8212;subject to change.

Remodeling a House

1. Customizing the House Exterior

A house is comprised of four mandatory parts&#8212;roof, exterior wall, windows, and door&#8212;along with up to four optional parts: roof decoration, exterior wall decoration, placard, and fence.

* Any parts used to customize your house will be consumed, and disappear from your inventory.

2. Outdoor Furnishings

A number of furnishings can be placed in the garden outside of your house. The following three options will be available to adjust their position:
Move: Change the position of selected furnishing.
Rotate: Rotate the selected furnishing
Remove: Remove the selected furnishing from the garden.

* The number of furnishings that can be placed in your garden will depend on the size of your land.
* Once a furnishing has been placed in the garden, it can no longer be traded. Furthermore, certain furnishings will be lost upon placing them in or removing them from the garden.

3. Customizing the Interior

A number of parts including the wallpaper, flooring, and lighting of the interior can be changed.

4. Placing Furnishings in the House

A wide range of furnishings will be available to decorate the interior of your estate including tables, lamps, plants, wall mountings, carpets, and more. Certain furnishings can be placed on top of others, such as lamps atop tables or desks.

* The positioning of furnishings inside a house can be adjusted using an interface similar to the one used for the exterior.
* Once a furnishing has been placed in the house, it can no longer be traded. Furthermore, certain furnishings will be lost upon placing them in or removing them from the garden.

Planned Additions to the Housing System
A crafting workshop where players can build vehicles such as airships.
An orchestrion to change the music played inside houses.
A chocobo stable to raise chocobos.
Mannequins that can be dressed with player gear.
A bulletin board that can be place inside the house.
* The specific names of these features are subject to change.

These are but a few of the ideas planned for player housing.

With the release of patch 2.1, free companies will finally have a base of operations to call home. We hope you will enjoy this new addition to the world of Eorzea and look forward to the many related features that will follow.

* Please note that housing is still in development, and certain details are still subject to change.

For more details on the housing, check out Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX.
(http://sqex.to/Bh5)

Welp, finally level 50 on my SMN. Now I have an option when people ask for WP/AK but a healer already volunteered.

Now...to get that darn CM and Prae out of the way

Interesting note about being able to purchase multiple plots of land. I'm not sure what the purpose of that is unless they are leaning more towards giving people 'rooms' instead of their own personal housing. Something like a Free Company neighborhood, with everyone able to have their own personal housing in the same zone would be amazing.

I have a feeling this is going to be pretty bare bones at launch. It seems like just a bunch of furnishings that have little function. I want to see furnishings that provide utility and buffs, and I want to be able to do most city functions at the Free Company house. I know some of this is already on the way, but it's a bit disappointing we will be waiting a few months for it. Aside from some additional buffs and utility, I want:

- An area to retire and generate rested EXP when logging out
- Market board access
- Retainer access
- Travel access (airship)
- A method to apply the standard FC buffs without visiting our GC office
- An aetheryte that I can set for teleportation back to FC HQ

It sounds like the prices are going to drop quickly (every 6 hours), but we will still probably have to pay top dollar for the best place at the best location.

Ultros GAF! We are off to a good start with donations from Xelios and Odoru, and will begin officially collecting donations within the next week or so. We will also need to take a vote on where to establish our headquarters. I'll be setting up a thread for the vote and to track donations soon.

"Pray your god!"

lol. I like how you're looking up at him

Hey Ultrs GAF. I haven't been on much for awhile for a few reasons.

a) Work picked up.
b) Other games picked up.
c) Tiny bit of complications with my recovery.
d) A lot of my very good friends from FFXI were on Excalibur so I ended up making a toon over there to chat and talk with them on the off chance I did get to log in.

So, because of that, I will probably end up just transferring my main on other to Excalibur with them so I can make a tiny bit of real progress whenever I'm actually able to log in. So, feel free to kick me from the FC for the space. I'll understand, no hard feelings. lol If things settle down in the future and the move doesn't work out, I can always move back if you'll accept me.

I <3 j00 Ultros GAF.

Totally understand. I hope they treat you well on Excalibur and you are always welcome to come back at any time.

studyguy

Called them using the DQX housing system ages ago.
It's 1:1 now, and if we go by DQX initial pricing for land plots, they're going to be a nice chunk of change. Get those wallets ready. We're aiming for a large plot.

I'd like to donate too but I don't have much. I need to get back to crafting now lol

And the RNG jester must have had favor with me yesterday, just unlocked AK (That took longer than it should) yesterday and in two runs, I already have nearly all of the healer stuff there. Does anyone have a video of that Demon Wall fight? I hate how I always end up dying in it...=/

Does anyone have a video of that Demon Wall fight? I hate how I always end up dying in it...=/
Are you dying during the dance, or falling?
Just remember that you need to go:
edge > center > edge > repeat first 3 > face boss
each time.

If you're dodging but still dying during the dance, you can't do much because of lag.
If you're falling, make sure you don't target any bees when it's casting Repel as you will always be pushed backwards to where your character is facing.

Are you on Ultros? It's a little diff on Sargatanas.

Do you need help with any end game (or earlier) stuff on Sarg? Other than Coil I can help heal any other end game stuff. Just send me a message (Ptolemy Ura) in game. I could probably do Coil, in terms of gear, but I'm not interested in committing to a static group at the moment.

Wilsongt

Do you need help with any end game (or earlier) stuff on Sarg? Other than Coil I can help heal any other end game stuff. Just send me a message (Ptolemy Ura) in game. I could probably do Coil, in terms of gear, but I'm not interested in committing to a static group at the moment.

I'm not there yet, Pto. But in a few weeks I will be.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have a question Gaf. Which way do you guy's go in Turn 2 for Coil?

After the first node, we go right for one node (to get rid of ballast), then take out all 3 Left hand side nodes.

This gives a piercing buff, but with 2 BRD, DRG, and BLM. We still have plenty of time to down ADS.

WolvenOne

Do we have any idea how much Housing Lots are going to cost at the start of 2.1? I have about 800K Gil, but I have no idea if that'll even make a dent or not. I need to get a feel for how much I'll need to prioritize money-making over the next few weeks.

Edit: In retrospect, given the size of our Free Company, even if it turned out we could easily afford the largest lots possible, it'd probably still be smart to buy a second lot. Given that, I suppose I should just scramble to make as much Gil as possible. Heck, I might even try organizing a Linkshell devoted entirely toward generating Gil for the Housing update.

Munba

Greetings,
In patch 2.1, we will be expanding the number of items that you can place within the armoire:

- Seasonal items from events that took place after the launch of A Realm Reborn
- Items from the "Lightning Strikes" event
- Collector's Edition bonus items
- Pre-order bonus items
- Main tools obtained from the level 50 Disciples of the Hand class quests

Good.

Ferr986

Hello, everyone!

We double checked with Yoshi-P and what he mentioned during the stream is correct. Only Allagan weapons will have their item levels increased to 95. Sorry about the confusion!

Finally they clarified this. Time to spend myth tomestones again.

Are you dying during the dance, or falling?
Just remember that you need to go:
edge > center > edge > repeat first 3 > face boss
each time.

If you're dodging but still dying during the dance, you can't do much because of lag.
If you're falling, make sure you don't target any bees when it's casting Repel as you will always be pushed backwards to where your character is facing.

That darn dance gets me eventually, especially when the amount of space you have gets cut down considerably. I just have to get better at it, ugh. I feel like garbage for letting my group down like that, especially since I'm the healer, boooo

Annnnnnd I was running a WP with some gaffers (Elrina and someone else, forgot the name, sorry) and the darn DF tank just runs off and speed runs the thing without even asking or checking to see if the group was good for a speed run. I mean what the hell, at least ask first!

pitbull

Banned
Do we have any idea how much Housing Lots are going to cost at the start of 2.1? I have about 800K Gil, but I have no idea if that'll even make a dent or not. I need to get a feel for how much I'll need to prioritize money-making over the next few weeks.

Edit: In retrospect, given the size of our Free Company, even if it turned out we could easily afford the largest lots possible, it'd probably still be smart to buy a second lot. Given that, I suppose I should just scramble to make as much Gil as possible. Heck, I might even try organizing a Linkshell devoted entirely toward generating Gil for the Housing update.

Did you ever pay the 500k application fee to join the fc? If not please mail the Gil to me asap.

Also the fc can only buy one house at the moment

WolvenOne

Did you ever pay the 500k application fee to join the fc? If not please mail the Gil to me asap.

Also the fc can only buy one house at the moment

Oh, that's a shame, I hope the largest lots allow you to build one friggin huge mansion at least.

As for my application fee, well, first...

Hey guys, Pitbull wants to run AurumVale, please, PST him!

pitbull

Banned
That darn dance gets me eventually, especially when the amount of space you have gets cut down considerably. I just have to get better at it, ugh. I feel like garbage for letting my group down like that, especially since I'm the healer, boooo

Annnnnnd I was running a WP with some gaffers (Elrina and someone else, forgot the name, sorry) and the darn DF tank just runs off and speed runs the thing without even asking or checking to see if the group was good for a speed run. I mean what the hell, at least ask first!

the dance is extremely easy and space isn't an issue unless bees are up.

center out center out repel X infinity

and if you DF a tank and he assumes that its a DF speedrun then he's an idiot and deserves to die. DF isn't used for sr's and the faster they realize it the better.

2.1 will add the bulletin board grouping feature which will take a lot out of df

Jayhawk

So I was crazy enough to try to get all DoH and DoL classes to 50. I managed to get Weaver, Carpenter, and Leatherworker to 50 last night. The rest of the classes are between 46-49. ALMOST THERE.

omlet

So when do most people do Coil and how long does it take?

Turn 1-4 on Monday nights in an hour. Turn 5 practice afterwards and/or on Sunday for a few hours. We've had 4 on farm for over a month but haven't even made it to twisters yet on Twintania. We need to kick our t5 practice into gear to beat it before 2.1... been having lots of "when real life attacks!" issues in our group bogging progress down. Like just as a random example last weekend our MT had to miss because his dad ran his pickup into a horse and totaled the truck (status of horse unknown).

Turn 1-4 on Monday nights in an hour. Turn 5 practice afterwards and/or on Sunday for a few hours. We've had 4 on farm for over a month but haven't even made it to twisters yet on Twintania. We need to kick our t5 practice into gear to beat it before 2.1... been having lots of "when real life attacks!" issues in our group bogging progress down. Like just as a random example last weekend our MT had to miss because his dad ran his pickup into a horse and totaled the truck (status of horse unknown).

Hmmm, that doesn't sound too bad. I don't know if I'll be able to stick with a static group once I finally gear up my WHM and SMN but it'd certainly be nice. I didn't realize people beat Turns 1-4 so quickly!

And sorry for leaving Pelyo, I hate to leave people hanging like that...=(
I should be on later today, hopefully you'll still be on

Aeana

Yeah, it's the same for us. We take about 40 minutes to get through turns 1-4 on Monday evenings, and then attempt turn 5 until Thursday.

omlet

Hmmm, that doesn't sound too bad. I don't know if I'll be able to stick with a static group once I finally gear up my WHM and SMN but it'd certainly be nice. I didn't realize people beat Turns 1-4 so quickly!

And sorry for leaving Pelyo, I hate to leave people hanging like that...=(
I should be on later today, hopefully you'll still be on

Each turn is very short. The hard part is learning the fights and learning how to execute properly with your team. We clear turn 4 in like 6 minutes now, yeah, sure, but that was only after like 6+ hours of wiping learning how to handle all the positioning and DPSing and cooldown use times. Turns 2 and 4 for example you will actually basically unavoidably wipe if you take more than 12 or 8 minutes (respectively). Turn 1 may well be the longest. We do turn 3 as a race without killing anything because it's way more fun that way so it doesn't take long either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom