• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerTaxi

Banned
c5jNocW.jpg
What?

A few friends and I are on Malboro. What jobs do you need for the new group?

Haha sorry got sidetracked at work and just saw this. I think we have the tanks covered and maybe 1/2 dps but in all honesty its completely open at the moment. Hit me up when you get a chance - my name is Asora Nihilim. I'll be on around 5pm CST and should be on for awhile. Most of the time I randomly go AFK so if I don't respond immediately, I'll get back to you lol.

Kyoufu

2.1 can't come soon enough. Clearing Coil in an hour and a half and then having nothing to do for the rest of the week is lame.

But what's lamer is the lack of alliance group support to actually enter Crystal Tower as a Free Company.

Yoshida pls.

desu

Duty Finder Titan is so much fun.

For my 2nd relic I wanted to get it on DF (thinking people would have gotten better by now). However for the last 15-20 parties I haven't even seen P5 (only seen it once in like 30 parties), record is 3 people dying on P2 ...

How is that even possible :D?

WolvenOne

For my 2nd relic I wanted to get it on DF (thinking people would have gotten better by now). However for the last 15-20 parties I haven't even seen P5 (only seen it once in like 30 parties), record is 3 people dying on P2 ...

Dumb always finds a way. XD

studyguy

My FC has been getting in the habit of just running with some friends to carry them through and one of the DRG has tried making it more interesting for me by trying to wipe me while I tank. He'll stay infront of Titan so occasionally I'll have to dodge a plume or landslide.

I can't watch my shitty animu anymore during Titan.
Shit game, going to unsub now.

Clipse

Haha sorry got sidetracked at work and just saw this. I think we have the tanks covered and maybe 1/2 dps but in all honesty its completely open at the moment. Hit me up when you get a chance - my name is Asora Nihilim. I'll be on around 5pm CST and should be on for awhile. Most of the time I randomly go AFK so if I don't respond immediately, I'll get back to you lol.
Sounds good, I'll send you a /tell later tonight. In-game name is Clipse Dudemeister.

desu

My FC has been getting in the habit of just running with some friends to carry them through and one of the DRG has tried making it more interesting for me by trying to wipe me while I tank. He'll stay infront of Titan so occasionally I'll have to dodge a plume or landslide.

Haha, the off tank on DF tried this today on P4, was quite nice having to dodge Plumes :D.

Alucrid

Banned

I can't watch my shitty animu anymore during Titan.
Shit game, going to unsub now.

Since landslides usually go on me I try and line them up with all the casters. Fun times.

Nohar

*sigh* So far I've not been able to down Titan. Every single time the party wipe during the last phase, after the heart has been destroyed. It's getting a little annoying to be honest. But congratz on you win!

So I'm rolling with a vanya hat and robe now. I tried to add an accuracy materia to the robe but the game said lol no. Should I just slap materia on that boosts my critical hit rate now? SMN here. I was just planning to get a bunch and have someone meld it on for me.

*sigh* So far I've not been able to down Titan. Every single time the party wipe during the last phase, after the heart has been destroyed. It's getting a little annoying to be honest. But congratz on you win!

To be honest that is the only real part of the fight. Everything before that is just filler. What server are you on?

edgefusion

After getting full DL and Relic I decided to spend some time with crafting and gathering classes. Finally got Miner to 50 after an enormous and horrible grind, ending in something over 3,000 electrum ores. So satisfying to finally get there though. Just have 9 more levels of Goldsmith to get through before I move on to leatherworking and botany!

Ken

hey if you guys want titan carry or help please at least know the fight

bombs and geocrush are the most obvious test of who at least tried to learn the fight versus just expecting a full carry

there's a problem when you have relics helping nonrelics through their titan quest, but both groups of players are equally clueless about the fight

The PS3 version of FFXIV is going to be on sale for $14.99 this week at Future Shop. If I pick it up, can the physical version be used for the PS4 upgrade?

BLCKATK

bombs and geocrush are the most obvious test of who at least tried to learn the fight versus just expecting a full carry

there's a problem when you have relics helping nonrelics through their titan quest, but both groups of players are equally clueless about the fight

We had the same problem with people in our Free Company on Balmung. I told people I wouldn't help carry unless they can atleast make it to Phase 5.

aceface

Ok so how do you learn the fight? DF it? From the sounds of it most parties don't even make it past the heart. You could watch videos I guess but I don't think it's a substitute for actually doing it.

mstevens

So... I just pulled the trigger on this.

I have a long history with MMOs, but the last few I tried were not fun due to me not knowing anyone on any servers.

I'd love to have some people to play with / get to know. I'm about to log in for the first time and I don't know much about the game. Let me know if you'd like me to add you to my friends list.

(If this is against the rules, please let me know and I'll edit my post).

Wilsongt

So... I just pulled the trigger on this.

I have a long history with MMOs, but the last few I tried were not fun due to me not knowing anyone on any servers.

I'd love to have some people to play with / get to know. I'm about to log in for the first time and I don't know much about the game. Let me know if you'd like me to add you to my friends list.

(If this is against the rules, please let me know and I'll edit my post).

What server?

Ken

Ok so how do you learn the fight? DF it? From the sounds of it most parties don't even make it past the heart. You could watch videos I guess but I don't think it's a substitute for actually doing it.

The bomb and geocrush phase is simply knowing it. When people die to circle bombs pre-heart phase because they don't move away from the middle bomb, that's pretty telling. I'm totally fine if people die a few times to stray plumes due to lag, poor team position, or just a real life distraction.

aceface

The bomb and geocrush phase is simply knowing it. When people die to circle bombs pre-heart phase because they don't move away from the middle bomb, that's pretty telling. I'm totally fine if people die a few times to stray plumes due to lag, poor team position, or just a real life distraction.

Well that's fair. I guess my point is that everyone has to learn those bomb patterns at some point and the best way is with a party who can teach them and be patient through a few wipes. If everyone says "you don't know the fight=no party" new players are never going to learn it. My wife got dragged along from a Garuda farming party to a Titan party and got one-shot carried without even asking. Getting past Titan was awesome; however, now she wants to learn the fight but is nervous to volunteer for it or start a party because she's worried about how the other players will react when she inevitably dies a couple of times.

I will watch a ton of videos of Titan so I don't screw up. I already know I can't do it as healer. I hate hate dying and letting my party down, especially if I'm healing.

Being in Mumble so someone can shout out which direction to run from line bombs makes the learning curve dramatically easier for inexperienced players. Also it helps when someone who saw the first circle bomb appear marks it.

Beyond that, look at the helpful images that people have made showing Titan's pattern because it's always the same. You can even print out and tape the pattern image to the side of your monitor if you haven't learned it by heart after your 20th failed attempt.

Titan has a gear check in terms of surviving stomps if the fight goes on for awhile but 100% of the fight once you get in there is a pure mechanics check. Do you know the mechanics? Are you physically capable of reacting to the mechanics? Is the server taking a shit that day? (Unfortunately, the ARR servers are almost always taking a shit during peak hours. Good luck guys!)

Ken

Titan was/is lag-city for me. :/

i would be too if i was made of rocks and best rock smasher came in

i dont even know what you're talking about anymore, if you're arguing a position or just making a point

Well that's fair. I guess my point is that everyone has to learn those bomb patterns at some point and the best way is with a party who can teach them and be patient through a few wipes. If everyone says "you don't know the fight=no party" new players are never going to learn it. My wife got dragged along from a Garuda farming party to a Titan party and got one-shot carried without even asking. Getting past Titan was awesome; however, now she wants to learn the fight but is nervous to volunteer for it or start a party because she's worried about how the other players will react when she inevitably dies a couple of times.

there's a lot of prep work you can do before even stepping foot into the navel which helps lessen yourself as a burden on everyone else. my issue is people not doing this prep work or even letting us know before pulling that they don't know the fight

MechaX

Personally, I would like to have a better way of at least practicing post-heart Titan HM. Pre-Heart is pretty boring and monotonous stuff, but I would especially like to be able to iron out some stuff (like better positioning for evading plumes and a better way to not get fucked by the X-bomb formation + landslide combo, as following party members or doing it the way seen on videos sometimes gets me killed regardless).

Unfortunately, I'm never really on when a FC Titan group forms, and I have never even been in a DF group that got past the heart phase. This is different from say Ifrit HM or Garuda HM where DF can get you through 80%-100% of the fight.

Tash

So, we normally one shot Cadeceus and our progression team is at T5, however we do rotate our teams quote often since we need to rotate healers, dps and tanks in our two Coil groups.

Yesterday it was the first time we were two WHM healing a WAR and PAL tank. The War is somewhat new to coil but he has DL and an Allagan chest which dropped on his first run.

I healed the same setup with a Sch covering the War last week and we one shot it but yesterday it was almost impossible to keep the War as MT up after the split. We had the other (better geared and more experienced) WHM on the PAL but it still took as almost all evening to beat that stupid snake.

Anyone with experience with that? Is SCH on PAL just so much better for spike damage? MP was also a serious issue on the WHM covering him even though our dps was good.

I am seriously considering making my SCH my main since we only have one dedicated SCH and 4 WHMs right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom