• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Hmmm, that doesn't sound too bad. I don't know if I'll be able to stick with a static group once I finally gear up my WHM and SMN but it'd certainly be nice. I didn't realize people beat Turns 1-4 so quickly!

And sorry for leaving Pelyo, I hate to leave people hanging like that...=(
I should be on later today, hopefully you'll still be on

Well, after a few weeks of beating turns 1+2, between Myth gear and Allagan drops, your party is going to gear up to mostly lvl 90 items really fast. Between that, and the whole party getting their roles down pat, and its no wonder that eventually people breeze through those first few turns. My party isn't to that point yet, of course, but we might get to Twintania before 2.1 hits.

Frankly though, that's not really a big priority for me at this point. I would almost just assume save turns 4-5 till after 2.1 launches. Kinda a shame we won't be getting any additional Turns when 2.1 hits, I wouldn't worry about people burning through content one bit if that was the case.

omlet

Frankly though, that's not really a big priority for me at this point. I would almost just assume save turns 4-5 till after 2.1 launches. Kinda a shame we won't be getting any additional Turns when 2.1 hits, I wouldn't worry about people burning through content one bit if that was the case.

I don't really care about having it on farm or about being server first or whatever (too late for that anyway, heh), but I wanna freakin' beat Twintania at least once before 2.1. At least so I can say we rose to Yoshi's challenge. I'm sure our group can do it, we just need to actually spend some time practicing it. Our DPS and healers are very well geared; if we have a weak link in the gear chain its our tanks since we've had rotten luck with tank drops. This week being holiday week I doubt we make progress on t5 but next week I'm really hoping for some solid practice and progress.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't really care about having it on farm or about being server first or whatever (too late for that anyway, heh), but I wanna freakin' beat Twintania at least once before 2.1. At least so I can say we rose to Yoshi's challenge.

asshole has already taken too many hours from me. he must die. fucking dragon.

WolvenOne

I don't really care about having it on farm or about being server first or whatever (too late for that anyway, heh), but I wanna freakin' beat Twintania at least once before 2.1. At least so I can say we rose to Yoshi's challenge.

There was a time when I wanted to try the same thing. Thing is, I wasn't ready yet, and to even get to Twintania I would've needed to be carried. The group that I'm in is about ready for Turn 4, but as of now we're just working on improving coordination so that we can take down ADS. (BALL!!)

Since I'm not ready, I'm not going to rush through content any faster than I have to. I might as well take my time, enjoy it, and try to stretch everything out until 2.2 hits.

2.2, I expect is when the game will hit the point where I won't have to worry too much about going too fast and wringing out content. It sounds like at that point, they'll be implementing fewer major features with each update, so they should start focusing in on content a bit more heavily at that point.

Anyone have a solid strat or tips for rot on turn 2? Our group is struggling with this move and we're trying to decide if we should do the "stacking" method or spread out and pass the debuff between the healers and DDs. We may just need more practice on it, only been trying a few times in the past couple of weeks.

omlet

Anyone have a solid strat or tips for rot on turn 2? Our group is struggling with this move and we're trying to decide if we should do the "stacking" method or spread out and pass the debuff between the healers and DDs. We may just need more practice on it, only been trying a few times in the past couple of weeks.

I do not recommend stacking method--it sounds great in theory but it is risky. Better to learn to pass since passing works with like any group makeup and stacking only works with 0-1 melee DPS.

Here's how we do it http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Allagan-ROT?p=1571781&viewfull=1#post1571781 but your group composition will impact your formation a lot. There are some other good tips and info in that thread.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Hmmm, that doesn't sound too bad. I don't know if I'll be able to stick with a static group once I finally gear up my WHM and SMN but it'd certainly be nice. I didn't realize people beat Turns 1-4 so quickly!

And sorry for leaving Pelyo, I hate to leave people hanging like that...=(
I should be on later today, hopefully you'll still be on

The fights are very short. Once you learn them, they become as trivial as a WP run.

Our group wasn't trying for speedruns and still 1-shot T1-4 in 46 minutes last week.

My FC has 2 groups on T5 and each group does rot differently. Group 1 (My group) does the stacking method - we stack on me (I'm a WHM) and the second healer is the one directly next to me (he'll be the first one who runs onto me). Then the remaining ranged DPS stacks as we call it out and we rotate in a backwards L around the room dodging lasers/void zones until ADS dies..

Group 2 (the other group) does the more common? spread out and rotate rotation. They struggled with it for a bit but my understanding starting out they numbered people and just set a rotation amongst the numbered people (just for visual cues). Once they got it down, they don't do that anymore

It really does depend on group makeup too. The stacking works way easier with 3 or 4 ranged + 2 healers where as the spreading out and passing works better with more melee. If you happen to have 4 ranged + 2 healers, stack 1 healer + 4 ranged and leave the other healer out there to draw the lasers and stuff to dodge instead of having the whole group get targeted.

I do not recommend stacking method--it sounds great in theory but it is risky. Better to learn to pass since passing works with like any group makeup and stacking only works with 0-1 melee DPS.

Here's how we do it http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Allagan-ROT?p=1571781&viewfull=1#post1571781 but your group composition will impact your formation a lot. There are some other good tips and info in that thread.

My FC has 2 groups on T5 and each group does rot differently. Group 1 (My group) does the stacking method - we stack on me (I'm a WHM) and the second healer is the one directly next to me (he'll be the first one who runs onto me). Then the remaining ranged DPS stacks as we call it out and we rotate in a backwards L around the room dodging lasers/void zones until ADS dies..

Group 2 (the other group) does the more common? spread out and rotate rotation. They struggled with it for a bit but my understanding starting out they numbered people and just set a rotation amongst the numbered people (just for visual cues). Once they got it down, they don't do that anymore

It really does depend on group makeup too. The stacking works way easier with 3 or 4 ranged + 2 healers where as the spreading out and passing works better with more melee. If you happen to have 4 ranged + 2 healers, stack 1 healer + 4 ranged and leave the other healer out there to draw the lasers and stuff to dodge instead of having the whole group get targeted.

Thanks guys, really itching to down this asshole.

Ken

Hello, everyone!

We double checked with Yoshi-P and what he mentioned during the stream is correct. Only Allagan weapons will have their item levels increased to 95. Sorry about the confusion!

Type2

Hey all, Ive been away for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to get a guild invite. I'm already approved through guildworks just looking for who I should PM on Ultros for an invite to the FC.

Hey all, Ive been away for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to get a guild invite. I'm already approved through guildworks just looking for who I should PM on Ultros for an invite to the FC.

Send a tell to one of these people:

Maple Cookie
Safflower Amariyo
Strawberry Shortcake
Tiv Einsfell
Xarielle Randgris
Elliot Kirkland
Guy Incognito
Mira Mora
Remiel Cathetel
Renault Cathetel
Xelios Seiken

WolvenOne

Fun but unlikely non combat classes.

Photographer (whatever you do, don't equip the cross class skill, Flash.)

Archeologist (why do we use whips if we're non combat, and what's with all the fedoras?)

Ship Captain (I'm looking for sailors)

Fashion Designer (you'll look marvelous in this custom subligar dear!)

studyguy

Fun but unlikely non combat classes.

Photographer (whatever you do, don't equip the cross class skill, Flash.)

Archeologist (why do we use whips if we're non combat, and what's with all the fedoras?)

Ship Captain (I'm looking for sailors)

Fashion Designer (you'll look marvelous in this custom subligar dear!)

Shepard early on was talked about a lot among a lot of people playing 1.0 as a class that would lead to a beastmaster-ish class. There was also a gigantic list that may or may not have been bullshit. That being said. 1.0 had a metric crapload of skills on its original list that were never used and a bunch that didn't have anything more than a name attached to them beyond level 50.

Khatoz

I know this is a first world tank problem, but after 2 months of doing Coil with 0 main armor drops, completed my Myth set, shame once the rule of our WAR overlords comes D:

tzQxiUT.jpg

omlet

I know this is a first world tank problem, but after 2 months of doing Coil with 0 main armor drops, completed my Myth set, shame once the rule of our WAR overlords comes D:

After 10 or more clears of turn 1 and still no MNK pants ever even seen for our group, I finally bought my stupid yellow poofers so I can look like a fashion disaster in coil now. Had to spend some myth since I was at 1995 and had 100 more points on the way from turns 2-4 tonight. Thank goodness for Foestriker skirt for town gear. Only one more piece of i70 to replace now, and I'm not sure I'm even getting my Melee body since it just adds like 34 more ACC and I'm already 20 points over cap lol :( Need turn 5 drops to make my next gear shuffle not waste a ton of stat points on ACC.

zeitgeist

So I just beat Praetorium for the first time and it was the worst thing in the world. I really do not understand why people do it multiple times. Is it just for the tomestones? Or will I have to do it again for a relic or AF or gear quest?

omlet

So I just beat Praetorium for the first time and it was the worst thing in the world. I really do not understand why people do it multiple times. Is it just for the tomestones? Or will I have to do it again for a relic or AF or gear quest?

Dude, Praetorium is a blast and the music in there is like some of the best in the game. (No, you only need to clear it for the main story quest. Yes, some people re-run it for tomestones and because it's fun.)

klee123

Is it possible for me to do Ifrit Hard mode with just AF gear as a tank? I know I should be saving up tombs for DL gear, but I wouldn't mind getting a new weapon.

Turn 1-4 on Monday nights in an hour. Turn 5 practice afterwards and/or on Sunday for a few hours. We've had 4 on farm for over a month but haven't even made it to twisters yet on Twintania. We need to kick our t5 practice into gear to beat it before 2.1... been having lots of "when real life attacks!" issues in our group bogging progress down. Like just as a random example last weekend our MT had to miss because his dad ran his pickup into a horse and totaled the truck (status of horse unknown).

Who cares about the horse, was the truck okay??

dcye

I think someone said earlier that they were adding a third controller "trigger" to the hotbar that you activate by holding both triggers down. This was for patch 2.1. Am I just imagining this? I am dying for it, I can fit my DPs rotations onto the current two but having emergency buffs and heals for when dungeons go wrong be easier to access without having to use the bumpers.

Tash

It's much easier if you have a static with the same people at all times, however, for practice reasons we rotate our two groups all the time:

We do the spread out version I (WHM) normally stand in the middle closest to the boss with the others spread out a bit like in a pyramid shape. We assign an order that everyone follows. I normally don't have to move since the rot will get passed on to me and also picked up by another dps (I announce when the rot is at the 6 second mark since the actual rot timer can't be seen by others).

It's easier this way because I can fully concentrate on the tanks. Can be very unlucky with some bad crits on the tanks if you have to move.

So a FC member who went into coil turn 2 after our original FC run failed big time. His group that was under geared then us, did something completely different that i have yet read from guides or tips. They took out BOTH mini ADS that do those AOE. The Wave one (Forget what its called) and the X shape AOE. While yes there DPS was gimped, they still managed to get it down in the first attempted of doing this. So This weekend my FC are going to try that and if we fail. I will NOT do coil again until 2.1

WolvenOne

So a FC member who went into coil turn 2 after our original FC run failed big time. His group that was under geared then us, did something completely different that i have yet read from guides or tips. They took out BOTH mini ADS that do those AOE. The Wave one (Forget what its called) and the X shape AOE. While yes there DPS was gimped, they still managed to get it down in the first attempted of doing this. So This weekend my FC are going to try that and if we fail. I will NOT do coil again until 2.1

Once or twice I thought about, just clearing out all the Mini ADS's, but I figured that wouldn't leave our party with enough time left before ADS went all bang-bang-trigger happy.

Still sounds like it shouldn't work, I mean, the time limit is what, twelve minutes? Seems to me that even if you breezed through those mini-ADS's your wouldn't have enough time.

Once or twice I thought about, just clearing out all the Mini ADS's, but I figured that wouldn't leave our party with enough time left before ADS went all bang-bang-trigger happy.

Still sounds like it shouldn't work, I mean, the time limit is what, twelve minutes? Seems to me that even if you breezed through those mini-ADS's your wouldn't have enough time.

If done right they told me you should be at 6 or 5 clicks left for ADS. So if you have the DPS your in good shape. Even if you don't have the DPS, you should still have enough time to do it. This is related of course to taking out the two AOE bosses first then continuing on to ADS as normal.

Doing a full clear would be a hassle and would prob require a huge boost in DPS. Maybe leaving the ROT min ads up and say screw it. Would prob make that damn fight insanely easy but you right the clicks will prob be extremely low before fighting ADS. Maybe with luck you can do it for sure but outside of that. Doubt it.

123banetridisaster123festervirus123bane123fester123baneLB3123fester

You really want to Tri-Disaster twice, as it only lasts 20 seconds. And unlike with BLM, you shouldn't Tri-Disaster right away either.

I still love how this completely random AoE Bind skill is named after the 3x Thaumaturge Paradigm in FFXIII.

And I don't get what the PLD skill which Silences has to do with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Okay Gaf, I have a friend who has a level 50 SCH who is looking for a new server and a guild who does static or active Coil runs. I myself will be making a new WHM on whatever server you guy's are mostly active on. If anyone here is recruiting, just let me know and ill deliver the message to my friend.

Okay Gaf, I have a friend who has a level 50 SCH who is looking for a new server and a guild who does static or active Coil runs. I myself will be making a new WHM on whatever server you guy's are mostly active on. If anyone here is recruiting, just let me know and ill deliver the message to my friend.

I'm on Malboro; there were a few gaffers on there at one point but I'm not sure about it now. Either way, my FC has 3 groups in coil (2 on T5 and 1 on T4) with plans to get another one rolling once we get some more numbers.

Zomba13

I've still not tried coil. I really should try looking for a group on my SMN but when I'm on I've not seen shouts for T1 or ones I have seen want experienced people.

Clipse

I'm on Malboro; there were a few gaffers on there at one point but I'm not sure about it now. Either way, my FC has 3 groups in coil (2 on T5 and 1 on T4) with plans to get another one rolling once we get some more numbers.
A few friends and I are on Malboro. What jobs do you need for the new group?

WolvenOne

If done right they told me you should be at 6 or 5 clicks left for ADS. So if you have the DPS your in good shape. Even if you don't have the DPS, you should still have enough time to do it. This is related of course to taking out the two AOE bosses first then continuing on to ADS as normal.

Doing a full clear would be a hassle and would prob require a huge boost in DPS. Maybe leaving the ROT min ads up and say screw it. Would prob make that damn fight insanely easy but you right the clicks will prob be extremely low before fighting ADS. Maybe with luck you can do it for sure but outside of that. Doubt it.

Yeah, it'd probably require a full party with full lvl90 armor and Relic+1's, to have DPS enough to burn down all the Mini-ADS nodes, and still have enough time to even hope to take down ADS-Prime in time. Granted, if you're just talking about the Nodes responsible for AoE attacks, that might be a different story. I suppose I should check and see which nodes do what. (I haven't been choosing the path.)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Uh... This would actually make the ADS fight more difficult than Twintania. Have you seen what happens when you kill the rot node?
ADS gets a haste buff which makes that thing attack like crazy. It would be hell to keep up with the healing and for the tanks to keep agro from the healers.

Uh... This would actually make the ADS fight more difficult than Twintania. Have you seen what happens when you kill the rot node?
ADS gets a haste buff which makes that thing attack like crazy. It would be hell to keep up with the healing and for the tanks to keep agro from the healers.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure with the Haste buff it's damn near impossible to interrupt the paralyze AoE.

You really want to Tri-Disaster twice, as it only lasts 20 seconds. And unlike with BLM, you shouldn't Tri-Disaster right away either.

I still love how this completely random AoE Bind skill is named after the 3x Thaumaturge Paradigm in FFXIII.

And I don't get what the PLD skill which Silences has to do with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Yeah I kept messing that darn spell out sometimes. I still have to get it down so all of them are binded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom