• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Item Box

you also get a free month from the ps3 version right? if so then resubbing using this method with the ps+ discount is actually cheaper than normal sub prices
laugh.gif

ironcreed

Banned
I was a Lancer in the beta and kind of want to go that route, but am thinking of starting with Marauder. Seems like a good starting class to get my feet wet with.

Alucrid

Banned
I think it's funny they're buffing MNK... MNKs don't really need a buff. We do great damage already and have nice group utility with stun, silence, and mantra. Then again, buffing classes is generally preferable to nerfing others
bard still needs a mild nerf though, and I say this as someone with 2 relic bard characters

In turn 4 last night on my MNK I did 111k total damage (according to XIVAPP) and almost 300 DPS averaged across the whole fight, my best output yet AFAIK and a good 20k more damage than anyone else in the party (but probably only because our BRD with gear level close to mine was dead for about 30-45 seconds of the fight, heh). Even taking movement and mechanics into consideration (and discounting LB damage) I still am usually around the same (usually more, on bosses themselves) total damage dealt as our DDs who are well geared (coil has been good to our DPS, cruel to our tanks).

I applaud the decision to make rear attacks more enticing than they are now because flank camping is really strong (and also because the change will make bad/lazy monks stand out even worse), but other than that it sounds like the changes to Greased Lightning and the overall DPS buff is just a result of bads whining on the forums.
What's your aoe rotation like for turn 4?

WolvenOne

I was a Lancer in the beta and kind of want to go that route, but am thinking of starting with Marauder. Seems like a good starting class to get my feet wet with.

Well, they don't really make this clear, but Marauder's "are," Tanks. I personally love the class, but I have a friend who didn't realize Marauders were Tanks, and eventually quit the game because he wasn't able to PewPewPew the way he wanted.

Just, thought I'd let you know, just in case you didn't know.

ironcreed

Banned
Well, they don't really make this clear, but Marauder's "are," Tanks. I personally love the class, but I have a friend who didn't realize Marauders were Tanks, and eventually quit the game because he wasn't able to PewPewPew the way he wanted.

Just, thought I'd let you know, just in case you didn't know.

I'll think it over when I create my character tonight. I may just end up going Lancer and eventually Dragoon as my main. Really enjoyed that class in the beta, but they all really look great to me. Which of course only broadens the overall long term appeal.

omlet

What's your aoe rotation like for turn 4?

Usually just Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, Rockbreaker, repeat, and I make sure to line up Howling Fist to hit as many as I can. I also target swap each rotation to get DK debuff on multiple targets. Our group is PLD/PLD/MNK/BRD/BRD/SMN/WHM/SCH so I get Paeon so I can spam buffed Rockbreakers to my heart's content (even with Paeon, Arm is too expensive to spam). I'm at 2.04s GCD so I can toss them out pretty quickly. 474STR and my crit rate is somewhere in the 25% range (averaging in Inner Release usage).

Before we had t4 on farm I would Perfect Balance RockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreaker on first pull but I don't need to do that any more; I save PB for in case I lose GL, which can still happen depending on how shitty the knights and soldiers after the first set are feeling like acting.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'll think it over when I create my character tonight. I may just end up going Lancer and eventually Dragoon as my main. Really enjoyed that class in the beta, but they all really look great to me. Which of course only broadens the overall long term appeal.

If you need gil help or quest/dungeon help, let me know if you are on Ultros server

Have helped several new GAFfers by giving them a nice welcome to the server presents =D

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm thinking T1-T4 carries may become a thing pretty soon. Could be some easy money for an experienced group short on a couple members.

Alucrid

Banned
Usually just Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, Rockbreaker, repeat, and I make sure to line up Howling Fist to hit as many as I can. I also target swap each rotation to get DK debuff on multiple targets. Our group is PLD/PLD/MNK/BRD/BRD/SMN/WHM/SCH so I get Paeon so I can spam buffed Rockbreakers to my heart's content (even with Paeon, Arm is too expensive to spam). I'm at 2.04s GCD so I can toss them out pretty quickly. 474STR and my crit rate is somewhere in the 25% range (averaging in Inner Release usage).

Before we had t4 on farm I would Perfect Balance RockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreakerRockbreaker on first pull but I don't need to do that any more; I save PB for in case I lose GL, which can still happen depending on how shitty the knights and soldiers after the first set are feeling like acting.

Thanks. 2.04 with GL right? I have the same as well. Might try it next week.

I'm thinking T1-T4 carries may become a thing pretty soon. Could be some easy money for an experienced group short on a couple members.

Isn't every turn a carry with a dragoon in the group?

Ken

If you need gil help or quest/dungeon help, let me know if you are on Ultros server

Have helped several new GAFfers by giving them a nice welcome to the server presents =D

Just make sure to not roll greed against Santa or you'll get some nasty coal for Christmas!

Mairu

Interesting stuff.
Mog weapon is iLvl80? Will it be as good as Relic?
So the weapon that drops from Extreme primals is iLvl90. I'm not spending my myths on Relic+1 before I see the stats on those weapons.

I'm under the assumption that if you're already raiding the only actual upgrades that 2.1 contains is relic +2 (or whatever it's called) from completing all the extreme mode primals.

Ken

I'm under the assumption that if you're already raiding the only actual upgrades that 2.1 contains is relic +2 (or whatever it's called) from completing all the extreme mode primals.

Eh? You can raid with i70 gear so CT gear can still serve as upgrades for whatever i70 pieces you're still wearing (I'm assuming it doesn't drop jewelry though).

Also Allagan weapons should be upgrades if their i95 change comes through in 2.1. Relic 2 could be an upgrade for some classes, assuming they don't put some kind of dumb elemental resistance stat in place of a real stat.

Mairu

Eh? You can raid with i70 gear so CT gear can still serve as upgrades for whatever i70 pieces you're still wearing (I'm assuming it doesn't drop jewelry though).

Also Allagan weapons should be upgrades if their i95 change comes through in 2.1.

You're misunderstanding/missing the point. I'm just stating that the only new achievable items that are actual upgrades from what currently exists in end game is the relic upgrade from the extreme primals - you can already get the allagan weapons today (though yes, they are getting a buff next patch - I look forward to seeing whether they end up on par with the the new relic or whether the new relic upgrade is an upgrade from that)

omlet

Thanks. 2.04 with GL right? I have the same as well. Might try it next week.

Yeah, with GL3. Here's my gear. Well, I use Melee pants (because 11 or 12 t1 clears and still no allagan has ever shown up) but they're hideous with my other gear so logged out in foestriker, heh. Probably going to get my Melee body soon, even though I am way way over ACC cap, the raw STR/VIT alone will be a good upgrade and my allagan body is a t5 drop... and I'll be myth capped again next week, anyway... first world monk problems.

GraveRobberX

Just make sure to not roll greed against Santa or you'll get some nasty coal for Christmas!

Jesus you still bring up ancient shit

Good lord have you moved on from kitties to elves

Give it a fucking rest, I get it, you don't like me for some reason, just blacklist/block me and be done with it

Tired of you always claiming shit no one else gives a fuck about

studyguy

Yeah, with GL3. Here's my gear. Well, I use Melee pants (because 11 or 12 t1 clears and still no allagan has ever shown up) but they're hideous with my other gear so logged out in foestriker, heh. Probably going to get my Melee body soon, even though I am way way over ACC cap, the raw STR/VIT alone will be a good upgrade and my allagan body is a t5 drop... and I'll be myth capped again next week, anyway... first world monk problems.

Jeez, all those Allagan accessories.
Pretty much everyone in our group has full MNK allagan accessories now. Swear to god nothing but DRG/MNK drops every day. Just going to run CT when it opens up with a party of full Allagan MNKs.

jorgeton

I'll be hopping into this due to the crazy PSN sale. What server are folks in? Any advice for newcomers? I'm not an MMO person, but I need something immersive to play over the holidays, this will fit the bill!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Pretty much everyone in our group has full MNK allagan accessories now. Swear to god nothing but DRG/MNK drops every day. Just going to run CT when it opens up with a party of full Allagan MNKs.

I still await the glorious day when a DRG or MNK ring drops from coil. It is the only piece I don't have on my DRG and it really bugs me that I am at the mercy of RNG gods to finish that character.

Alucrid

Banned

I thought the acc cap was 472? Otherwise I was worrying about my monks acc for nothing. But yeah, thinking about grabbing the chest and hoping for legs dropping from T1.

You're misunderstanding/missing the point. I'm just stating that the only new achievable items that are actual upgrades from what currently exists in end game is the relic upgrade from the extreme primals - you can already get the allagan weapons today (though yes, they are getting a buff next patch - I look forward to seeing whether they end up on par with the the new relic or whether the new relic upgrade is an upgrade from that)

According to the fully translated text it's going to be another i90 weapon, so I'm not expecting them to be much of an upgrade.

The focus for this patch seems to be on filling in the gaps for new level 50s and for those gearing up to take on coil. Some people might not find the additional content they are looking for until 2.2.

omlet

Last night we had 4 tank drops, 1 DRG drop, 1 caster drop. Only the t1 loot (shield and DRG body) went to alt jobs. That was more tank loot in one run than we saw like in the entire month of November. It was great because our tanks need that gear for t5. Besides that damn DRG belt and like 3 or 4 shields from turn 1, our group hasn't seen a lot of duplicate drops.

I thought the acc cap was 472? Otherwise I was worrying about my monks acc for nothing. But yeah, thinking about grabbing the chest and hoping for legs dropping from T1.

Around 475 is all you need, yeah, but I mean I'm at 498 now with the Melee pants and if I get my Melee body I'll be at 505 and can't really shed any of that wasted accuracy without some more allagan drops to shuffle things around. Good luck getting pants, hasn't worked out for me T_T

I'll be hopping into this due to the crazy PSN sale. What server are folks in? Any advice for newcomers? I'm not an MMO person, but I need something immersive to play over the holidays, this will fit the bill!

I believe GAF is most active on Ultros. As for advice, I'd just research what battle class you want to do beforehand. Even though you can switch by changing your main hand weapon, the first class you level up will be the easiest due to story quests. Beyond that, just don't be afraid to ask questions as they come up and be social. :)

studyguy

According to the fully translated text it's going to be another i90 weapon, so I'm not expecting them to be much of an upgrade.

The focus for this patch seems to be on filling in the gaps for new level 50s and for those gearing up to take on coil. Some people might not find the additional content they are looking for until 2.2.

Progression, probably not.
Even so, the 1-50 game needs some love as well, not just 50+. I know a number of people who will be dicking around PvP and housing enough to keep them busy for a while. If Coil & CT had made launch as originally planned, we might not have been in such a state, but alas...

I still say that the PS4 new players are basically going to be the ones jumping into a game similar to FFXI's NA launch in terms of content. It's a weird way to think that this game is basically going to be getting players in odd waves till next year. Playing 1.0, it's been crazy to see how much the community has fluctuated since YoshiP's involvement.

Alucrid

Banned
Last night we had 4 tank drops, 1 DRG drop, 1 caster drop. Only the t1 loot (shield and DRG body) went to alt jobs. That was more tank loot in one run than we saw like in the entire month of November. It was great because our tanks need that gear for t5. Besides that damn DRG belt and like 3 or 4 shields from turn 1, our group hasn't seen a lot of duplicate drops.

Around 475 is all you need, yeah, but I mean I'm at 498 now with the Melee pants and if I get my Melee body I'll be at 505 and can't really shed any of that wasted accuracy without some more allagan drops to shuffle things around. Good luck getting pants, hasn't worked out for me T_T

lol oh, I forgot about that you had the wrong pants on. pants would put me way under the acc cap though :(

omlet

lol oh, I forgot about that you had the wrong pants on. pants would put me way under the acc cap though :(

Determination is a good stat so the melee pants aren't bad (besides looking bad with my gear), the real problem is the secondary stats on the body do me absolutely no good at this point. The hope was get the allagan pants and then swap my visor back out for my melee circlet (which has 15ACC) to be at a sweet spot for ACC. But either way, allagan baghnaks gear set I've spreadsheeted out uses the melee body and pants, so whenever I eventually get that weapon I'll be in good shape with the rest of my gear.

Edit:
Once I get the rest of my allagan armor I'll need to do some testing for non-allagan weapon sets to see if doing all allagan besides head/weapon (melee/relic+1) for "perfect" accuracy, good crit and SS, and low DET is a good setup vs all allagan besides pants/weapon (melee/relic+1) which overshoots accuracy but has almost double the DET (70 instead of 38) at the cost of about 40 crit rating and 20 skill speed (but still with enough SS for about a 2.1 GCD).

GraveRobberX

Anyone else thinking Patch 2.2 for Coil Turn 6-10 will be in April to coincide with PS4 release?

That is a lot of Turn 1-5 till then... almost 15+ weeks worth @_@!, if February, would be a 8 week turnaround, then 2.3 in May for another quick 8 week turnaround

Is there even a 2.4?

Isaccard

Anyone else thinking Patch 2.2 for Coil Turn 6-10 will be in April to coincide with PS4 release?

That is a lot of Turn 1-5 till then... almost 15+ weeks worth @_@!, if February, would be a 8 week turnaround, then 2.3 in May for another quick 8 week turnaround

Is there even a 2.4?

Feb is a bit of a stretch. Took roughly four monthes for 2.1

Mairu

I see that now, thanks.

A: If you clear all three extreme mode primal, you can obtain an item level 90 weapon. We wanted to add another option to the weapons you can obtain before obtaining an Allagan weapon. Naturally we will have weapons for all jobs.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new extreme modes, but it's definitely disappointing that the rewards aren't very... rewarding.

studyguy

Is there even a 2.4?

April sounds about right, if not earlier.
I'd say Early April, Late March to coincide with the PS4 launch.
It sounds exactly what the team would do. You have to remember, they're on a 3 month content cycle (though they admit the problems with launch delayed them a few weeks for this last cycle)
Hopefully 2.2 will be right on schedule, but April sounds right.

pitbull

Banned

Is there even a 2.4?

2.3 will be around feb hopefully, otherwise there wont be many people left due to lack of content. 6 months without anything but 3 end game boss fights doesn't really cut it much less 9-10 months.

Aeana

2.3 will be around feb hopefully, otherwise there wont be many people left due to lack of content. 6 months without anything but 3 end game boss fights doesn't really cut it much less 9-10 months.

2.3 definitely won't be in February. We'd be lucky to get 2.2 at that time.

studyguy

2.3 won't be anywhere near Feb, that's insane.
Do you mean 2.2?

Personally I see it as

2.1 DEC > 2.2 LATE MAR/ EARLY APR > 2.3 LATE JUNE/ EARLY JULY Going loosely by the 3 month cycle. They were already 6 or so weeks late in 2.1 due to launch problems, so it'll probably carry over for a while unfortunately... I mean if it comes earlier great, but I'm not holding my breath.

frequency

I really doubt they will make the 3 month release schedule. I expect at least 4 for each.

But even 3 months sucks. 3 months for big content like housing and raid dungeons and stuff is fine. But why is like class balancing and a bunch of other miscellaneous bug fixes and quality of life changes like bag sorting held up in the big releases when they could do smaller patches between the big ones like every other MMORPG?

The FFXIV ARR development team, as impressive as ARR turnaround time was, just seems too slow with like everything. But maybe they will settle into a good pace after 2.1 is out since most of the launch craziness has been dealt with.

studyguy

I really doubt they will make the 3 month release schedule. I expect at least 4 for each.

But even 3 months sucks. 3 months for big content like housing and raid dungeons and stuff is fine. But why is like class balancing and a bunch of other miscellaneous bug fixes held up in the big releases when they could do smaller patches between the big ones like every other MMORPG?

The FFXIV ARR development team, as impressive as ARR turnaround time was, just seems too slow with like everything. But maybe they will settle into a good pace after 2.1 is out since most of the launch craziness has been dealt with.

Oh man 1.0 adjustments almost monthly for every job was a god damn nightmare too though. They changed and flipped strategies for classes seemingly every god damn week. Hell the battle system got flipped on its head at one point, then the jobs the month after and it was terrible.

That aside, I don't think I've ever seen them adjust jobs outside of a numbered patch in any big way. Just seems to be a thing they do.

btkadams

Total noob to MMOs. Just bought this game and made a character. Which world should I go into? Does it really matter? I'm in western canada.

Edit: ah, I see someone recommended Ultros near the top of this page. I'll go into that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom