• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLCKATK

I really like those sets. Definitely would like to get my hands on some of those for my classes but knowing my luck with drops it'll be a long road to a full set.

crystal tower rewards!

I92kYp9.png

Monk and Paladin are nice, and Dragoon will probably look better on someone without a massive body. I can't wait to vanity that Paladin set with my CE Warrior of Light helmet to complete the look.

Thank god the tank set isn't a body/head combo. Can finally fill in the hoplite circlet with something better to go with valor until Allagan drops.

They all look pretty awesome too, although the color choice for the bard set is purty bad.

Ploid 3.0

Marauder and Arcanist jobs? Will SMN share the BLM, SCH share the WHM, and WAR share PLD?

WHM and BLM are recolors just like the bard and drg. So 3 costumes total.

Luigi87

I just picked this up for PS3 on cheap, but I really don't want to play on PS3 (specifically I purchased for the free upgrade to PS4 ver.) If I got the PC version, would I:

1. Be able to link my account so I could play the same character on either
2. Get an additional 30 days free based on registration day (so 60 total)?

studyguy

I just picked this up for PS3 on cheap, but I really don't want to play on PS3 (specifically I purchased for the free upgrade to PS4 ver.) If I got the PC version, would I:

1. Be able to link my account so I could play the same character on either
2. Get an additional 30 days free based on registration day (so 60 total)?

Yes and Yes

Resilient

I get the feeling the community is gonna shrink hardcore after 2.1. Seems like most people will tear right through this content in a few short weeks.

Isaccard

Eh, I think I'll keep my Vanya set. Battlemage Hat reskin/color is disappointing.

My monk has something to look forward to though :eek:

Elliot, why you no monk yet

kierwynn

Monk will be the new Bard pre 2.1

Good! Hopefully it gets all the bandwagoners off my job! I shall graciously accept my nerf and keep on barding!
I have blm as my back up anyway. lol If I ever went melee, I'd probably go drg, but that won't happen. Ranged 4 life

Isaccard

Good! Hopefully it gets all the bandwagoners off my job! I shall graciously accept my nerf and keep on barding!
I have blm as my back up anyway. lol If I ever went melee, I'd probably go drg, but that won't happen. Ranged 4 life

I see you and Xarielle have been busy. >:I

Valus

I'm on TWC and I am getting tons of spike lag. Is there a link that makes you think it is a widespread issue for all TWC customer?

edit: Nevermind, I found it. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/107497-Regarding-high-latency-from-Los-Angeles-surrounding-area

Couldn't locate Ultros server ip address, so I used the one in the link..... doesn't look pretty.
tracert.jpg

Going to try to power cycle my modem and hope it gets better tomorrow.

Did you have any luck with this? I'm with TWC too and having similar issues. It really sucks because I invested in a powered up PC to view this game in all its glory but I'm useless in the end-game content because everything is rubberbanding everywhere. Sigh.

omlet

Monk will be the new Bard pre 2.1

I think it's funny they're buffing MNK... MNKs don't really need a buff. We do great damage already and have nice group utility with stun, silence, and mantra. Then again, buffing classes is generally preferable to nerfing others
bard still needs a mild nerf though, and I say this as someone with 2 relic bard characters

In turn 4 last night on my MNK I did 111k total damage (according to XIVAPP) and almost 300 DPS averaged across the whole fight, my best output yet AFAIK and a good 20k more damage than anyone else in the party (but probably only because our BRD with gear level close to mine was dead for about 30-45 seconds of the fight, heh). Even taking movement and mechanics into consideration (and discounting LB damage) I still am usually around the same (usually more, on bosses themselves) total damage dealt as our DDs who are well geared (coil has been good to our DPS, cruel to our tanks).

I applaud the decision to make rear attacks more enticing than they are now because flank camping is really strong (and also because the change will make bad/lazy monks stand out even worse), but other than that it sounds like the changes to Greased Lightning and the overall DPS buff is just a result of bads whining on the forums.

Not sure what to think of the mage one. Hat is nice but the stripes look off haha. Warrior of Light look is awesome though, pure awesome

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Glad I chose to alt a tank for CT!

Also, since when does a tanky DRG wear what appears to be silk attire suited for a dinner party?

studyguy

I applaud the decision to make rear attacks more enticing than they are now because flank camping is really strong (and also because the change will make bad/lazy monks stand out even worse), but other than that it sounds like the changes to Greased Lightning and the overall DPS buff is just a result of bads whining on the forums.

The back attacks really needed some sort of attention. Lazy or not, back attacks just don't stack up to side attacks so I'm glad they made the change. GL changes I don't care much about either. Whining or not, losing GL stacks due to enemies being absent in certain content through attack animations is annoying as fuck when it happens constantly, especially during primals. Whatever makes things more fun for everyone is fine for me in the end. Great MNKs will just be that much better anyhow.

omlet

The back attacks really needed some sort of attention. Lazy or not, back attacks just don't stack up to side attacks so I'm glad they made the change. GL changes I don't care much about either. Whining or not, losing GL stacks due to enemies being absent in certain content through attack animations is annoying as fuck when it happens constantly, especially during primals. Whatever makes things more fun for everyone is fine for me in the end. Great MNKs will just be that much better anyhow.

They do stack up, but it's kind of cooldown/gear specific IME. Like you're wasting your time on Bootshine when you have Inner Release up, but Bootshine is an excellent skill to use when you have Blood for Blood up. Skill speed is also a big factor in your rotation; if you don't have at least 2.1s GCD you don't really get anything for your effort by using True Strike.

MechaX

After weeks of spending Myth on Bard, I'm most likely still stick with it while I gear either SMN or SCH (still haven't decided which).

Unless they get rid of Invigorate, which at that point, fuck that class.

WolvenOne

Hmm, I rather like the CT Tank Gear. *I'm assuming the blue plated armor is the Tank gear.*

It's a shame that I'll probably have full AF2 for my WAR by the time, 2.1 comes out. I might be able to use the CT gear for my PLD class, but only if I continue having less than steller luck with drops in Coil. XD

Actually, this is yet another reminder, that the vanity slots in 2.2 cannot come fast enough. I'll probably experiment with different look every week once that comes out. XD

aceface

Did you have any luck with this? I'm with TWC too and having similar issues. It really sucks because I invested in a powered up PC to view this game in all its glory but I'm useless in the end-game content because everything is rubberbanding everywhere. Sigh.

Is this just for people in the southwest US? I'm on Time Warner and I don't see a ton of rubberbanding, but I'm close to the servers in Upstate NY.

studyguy

Man... I need more PvP content getting attention. I don't give a damn about PvP personally, but the gear all looks so nice and the datmined stuff from before and the liveletter armors have me curious.

FFIII bosses have gear modeled after their own looks, we've seen it before and it was speculated as PvP gear after a live letter. Whether or not its PvP gear, it begs the question... where the hell do we get these pieces of armor? They've been shown off but we haven't been told squat about them.

Get the feeling CT is going to have more of a tail for endgame in different ways than we expect, but maybe it's just me getting my hopes up. If nothing else, PvE enemies are somehow woven into PvP if that boss armor really is for PvP.

DRG set is alright, but I don't feel like a DRG unless I'm wearing dragon armor. Just not the same.

The BRD, MNK and PLD ones are boss though. Kinda dumb that WAR shares with PLD in this case since it's clearly modeled after WoL, but whatev.

pitbull

Banned

I remember when you used to play a real class like a whm

Someone mentioned it earlier but man the mage gear is a recolored Battlemage armor...alas. I'm sticking with Vanya

Though the healer gear looks good at least. Just not good enough for me to choose it over the AF2 robe/Alagan

studyguy

Has there been mention if Belts/Accessories/Weapons/Shields will drop in CT?

Weapons apparently not, I wouldn't expect a shield either since it goes hand in hand with the weapons. There hasn't ever been a content update in the past that hasn't given us some accessories. It's a good point to bring up, belts/rings/etc are probably there too but probably won't be mentioned.

Curious to see what crafters get out of PvP, I have a suspicion we'll end up getting super Morale-specific gear in accessories that will end up selling big if they don't just add Morale in buckets to existing gear.

studyguy

For a place called the Crystal Tower, there sure is a lack of gear that looks crystaly

I was dreading everything having some static texture of crystal on every gear. Glad they didn't, but am sad at the same time that absolutely none exists. Where are my crystal weapons at least? I figured a tank would at least get Crystal Armor.

Valus

Is this just for people in the southwest US? I'm on Time Warner and I don't see a ton of rubberbanding, but I'm close to the servers in Upstate NY.

Lucky you. I'm in SoCal and am definitely feeling it. I don't know if it's isolated to this area or not but it does seem that a bunch of SoCal TWC users are affected.

I was dreading everything having some static texture of crystal on every gear. Glad they didn't, but am sad at the same time that absolutely none exists. Where are my crystal weapons at least? I figured a tank would at least get Crystal Armor.

They should give the Ragnarok sword (translated as the Crystal Sword) as a reward. And it should randomly once in a blue moon, cast Flare on a foe.

There's the crystal axe! It's lv13, but that's just a minor detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom