• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Banned
2.3 won't be anywhere near Feb, that's insane.
Do you mean 2.2?

Personally I see it as

2.1 DEC > 2.2 LATE MAR/ EARLY APR > 2.3 LATE JUNE/ EARLY JULY Going loosely by the 3 month cycle. They were already 6 or so weeks late in 2.1 due to launch problems, so it'll probably carry over for a while unfortunately... I mean if it comes earlier great, but I'm not holding my breath.

oops yeah i meant 2.2 feb and 2.3 at ps4 time

They'll want to do a patch for ps4 launch, they will not want to waste advertising on just a new console release with nothing new to offer. I think the server screw ups messed their whole schedule up though so some of it will be a rush.

studyguy

4 and 5...

Our group just feeds the spiders that spawn in Phase 4 to the dred, 0 fucks given... keep seeing people say burn the spiders down, but we've never really felt a need to.

Maybe we'll get one down but we usually don't give a crap, the party takes a breather and recoups MP/TP at that point while the MT just feeds and spanks the single Dred for a while before the DPS come and wreck its anus, I mean with a SCH on the maintank, it's sort of whatever, but the DPS has to be there slapping the rest of the enemy's shit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Our group just feeds the spiders that spawn in Phase 4 to the dred, 0 fucks given... keep seeing people say burn the spiders down, but we've never really felt a need to.

Maybe we'll get one down but we usually don't give a crap, the party takes a breather and recoups MP/TP at that point while the MT just feeds and spanks the single Dred for a while before the DPS come and wreck its anus, I mean with a SCH on the maintank, it's sort of whatever, but the DPS has to be there slapping the rest of the enemy's shit.

We usually kill one of the spiders out of habit. We use the breathing room to refresh stoneskin on the tanks, melee DPS, and the BLM who kites one of the soldiers like a boss.

Ken

jhQioKeMuQV2V.png

Dunlop

Looking for a little help

I cancelled my account with about 9 days left in the trial.

I purchased the PS3 version and am currently downloading it.

When I log into Square Enix now it tells me I have no games on my account (I assumed FF14 would still be there).

When I launch FF14 on the PS3 for the first time, what do I need to do to get my characters back...or can I?

WolvenOne

oops yeah i meant 2.2 feb and 2.3 at ps4 time

They'll want to do a patch for ps4 launch, they will not want to waste advertising on just a new console release with nothing new to offer. I think the server screw ups messed their whole schedule up though so some of it will be a rush.

Well, before the launch issues delayed things, they were talking about two to two and a half month gaps between updates.

Assuming they're back on schedule after 2.1, that'd put thier next two updates at February and April, which would line up perfectly with the ps4 release.

Silky

Banned
So I made my character and now I'm in the Ultros server. Do I shoot a request to whoever's managing the GAF group or

oneils

I ended up buying both the PS3 and PC version of the game, on sale for 30 bucks total on amazon.ca.

I am trying to login to the ps3 game but keep getting server not responding errors. I went to their website and it looks like the server is up.

Anyone have experience with this?

btkadams

I ended up buying both the PS3 and PC version of the game, on sale for 30 bucks total on amazon.ca.

I am trying to login to the ps3 game but keep getting server not responding errors. I went to their website and it looks like the server is up.

Anyone have experience with this?
I had that happen once (today) and then it worked the second time.

jorgeton

I believe GAF is most active on Ultros. As for advice, I'd just research what battle class you want to do beforehand. Even though you can switch by changing your main hand weapon, the first class you level up will be the easiest due to story quests. Beyond that, just don't be afraid to ask questions as they come up and be social. :)

Thx for the advice. DL-ing now. Hopefully I'll run into some of y'all online!

oneils

Found a strange solution to my problem.

Apparently you have to go to the ps3 internet browser and turn cookies off, and then back on again.

Worked. Now I'm updating the game client - 2.5 gb. Dayum! Feels like I'm on PC! Brave new world for consoles, lol!

kierwynn

After weeks of spending Myth on Bard, I'm most likely still stick with it while I gear either SMN or SCH (still haven't decided which).

Unless they get rid of Invigorate, which at that point, fuck that class.

Yeah, losing invigorate is what I am most concerned about. That leaves us with pretty much no good TP regeneration options which is no good. :(

I remember when you used to play a real class like a whm

What's a whm?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If anyone needs a DPS for turn 4 just let me know. My static group failed to let me know they were doing it and got through it.
I'm feeling really burnt out on end game stuff lately...

Grats to you both!! Sorry I couldn't be there to help you, tiggerkiddo. Maybe I will be for when you do WHM.

Thanks! I know how to get to the final phase, I just keep getting tripped up in the end. I don't want to die and let down my party...especially as WHM.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
EDIT: Yeah I'm dumb, never mind. :lol

Also, I've only been playing a couple hours and I've already had the game crash to the XMB. This...doesn't happen often, does it?

Luigi87

Just started this tonight on Ultros. Within minutes of my first quest, someone from GAF came and gave me an Infant Imp while clearing his inventory, lol.

Already I can see how freaking different it is from 1.0, and that's a damn good thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, so the GAF Free Company. I've filled out the recruitment form on the site, so now do I just have to wait for one of the leaders/officers to come online then send them a tell? It doesn't appear that any are online at the moment.

Ken

Alright, so the GAF Free Company. I've filled out the recruitment form on the site, so now do I just have to wait for one of the leaders/officers to come online then send them a tell? It doesn't appear that any are online at the moment.

they're all in dungeons being bad

teiresias

Ugh, I really need to get online this week at some point. Between Ys on Vita, replaying Lords of Shadow on PC, and Thanksgiving I've been incognito - and I just have to finish the damn last dungeon to finish the story.

I also just bought the PS3 version via the PS+ sale - but mainly for the PS4 version. I figure I'll reserve the console versions for doing crafting jobs and solo play (once there's more content to solo anyway) since I feel like I play combat better with my KB/M (MMO mouse) setup than I ever will with a controller (and the kb/m setup is in my muscle memory).

UrSuLeTzU

If anyone needs a DPS for turn 4 just let me know. My static group failed to let me know they were doing it and got through it.
I'm feeling really burnt out on end game stuff lately...

Congrats to our group for downing Turn 4. :)

Oh you guys.

Bit of drama right there but we'll pull through it. The Coil Group of Tears is a strong group with amazing people and we will get all the kinks sorted out eventually. Just have to stick togheter and most importantly: have fun without burning out!

P.s: Congratz to our group and don't worry Kagari, we are making some changes so all the people in our group can down it.

oneils

Played for a few hours tonight. Thought it was pretty cool, the ps3 version is pretty tight.

Have some questions on crafting and gathering.

If I understand it correctly, my marauder will not be able to craft? I have to create a character specifically for this?

When I was in the character creation screen, I only saw options for discipline of war and discipline of magic. Was there a way to open up crafting/gathering disciplines?

If I understand it correctly, my marauder will not be able to craft? I have to create a character specifically for this?

Your marauder should be able to craft. Just talk to the receptionist at whatever crafting guild you want to begin with, and they'll get you started. They or the guildmaster should give you the main hand item for the crafting class, and equipping that will change you to the corresponding class. Same thing goes for gathering.

I forget if you have to be a certain level with your battle class first though. It's been a while.

aceface

Played for a few hours tonight. Thought it was pretty cool, the ps3 version is pretty tight.

Have some questions on crafting and gathering.

When I was in the character creation screen, I only saw options for discipline of war and discipline of magic. Was there a way to open up crafting/gathering disciplines?

Nope, one character can be every class including the crafting and gathering ones. No need to make a new char unless you want to. I believe secondary classes open up around level 10-15 of your main class.

oneils

Thanks guys. I'll look into the level requirement for this. In the meantime those 7 Gil repair bills are killing me! :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Stopping for the night. Managed to get to Lv. 8. Not bad for the first day. I'm enjoying the game so far, though obviously I haven't done a lot of stuff with other people yet. It's my first real MMO, so I'm not sure how rough the learning curve is going to be once I start doing stuff with other people.

Also, funny enough, when I was making my character, I thought "Hey, this last name is pretty unique, I doubt anyone else has it" (Caleum). Then one of the first people I see not only has that same last name, but is also a member of the GAF FC. :lol What're the chances?

ironcreed

Banned
I went ahead and decided to be a Marauder and start somewhere different than I did in the beta. I'll have time to go back and be a Lancer later on and I am happy with my choice so far. I'm just enjoying learning my way around Limsa Lominsa and the surrounding areas while trying to get my character rolling. This is going to be one addictive game, I know that much.

On a side note, I have a quick question. I bought some dyes, but when and how can I use them? I hate mismatched gear, lol.

Yu Narukami

Stopping for the night. Managed to get to Lv. 8. Not bad for the first day. I'm enjoying the game so far, though obviously I haven't done a lot of stuff with other people yet. It's my first real MMO, so I'm not sure how rough the learning curve is going to be once I start doing stuff with other people.

Also, funny enough, when I was making my character, I thought "Hey, this last name is pretty unique, I doubt anyone else has it" (Caleum). Then one of the first people I see not only has that same last name, but is also a member of the GAF FC. :lol What're the chances?

Is your first name Jamie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom