• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu Narukami

Excellent choice. Our FC loves cats.

I'm under the assumption that if you're already raiding the only actual upgrades that 2.1 contains is relic +2 (or whatever it's called) from completing all the extreme mode primals.

Sadly I'm not raiding. I wanted to try T1, but haven't found other people yet. Other people already have their group, which I understand. I only got my Relic recently, so I'm a bit late.

jiggle

crystal tower rewards!

I92kYp9.png

awww i want bard in red
looks like RDM af from xi

Ken

i know we have pro monks here

need any tips and advice on monk rotations. i feel like my dps stinks all the time and could be better.

Yu Narukami

Is this legit? Apparently it's from a recent interview. Transform me into a Lala if BS.

- Patch 2.1 has over 300 hours gameplay
- Confirmed Leviathan hard and extreme mode in 2.2
- Extreme Mog King in 2.2
- Ramdom matching for PvP but static party possible
- PVP is 4v4 (but 8v8 is possible in future)
- Possible flag capture in future (new PVP rule)
- Housing content is so big it took 9 months to code, almost like expansion disc
- 2.1 patch note will have 35000 characters
- Possible hybrid role in the work for 8 man party
- He won't make contents that favor one job.
- He said Hallowed Ground is too good it makes WAR look bad
- He said healers hate WAR because no mutual understanding about healing
- Average iLevel will be in UI
- AIL 50 needed for crystal tower
- Need or Greed has limit use in crystal tower, if you get item you must wait 1 week
- Extreme primals is one quest, one time a week
- Duty Roulette: Low level gives 200 Allagan Philo and 10 Mytho, but limit once a day
- He wants players to get Darklight easier
- Clear Stone Vigil to unlock Beastmen daily quest
- Extreme primals drop accessories
- Sirius will be hardrst 4 man dungeon
- Plan to raise level cap in 2.2

Nohar

Is this legit? Apparently it's from a recent interview. Transform me into a Lala if BS.

- Patch 2.1 has over 300 hours gameplay
- Confirmed Leviathan hard and extreme mode in 2.2
- Extreme Mog King in 2.2
- Ramdom matching for PvP but static party possible
- PVP is 4v4 (but 8v8 is possible in future)
- Possible flag capture in future (new PVP rule)
- Housing content is so big it took 9 months to code, almost like expansion disc
- 2.1 patch note will have 35000 characters
- Possible hybrid role in the work for 8 man party
- He won't make contents that favor one job.
- He said Hallowed Ground is too good it makes WAR look bad
- He said healers hate WAR because no mutual understanding about healing
- Average iLevel will be in UI
- AIL 50 needed for crystal tower
- Need or Greed has limit use in crystal tower, if you get item you must wait 1 week
- Extreme primals is one quest, one time a week
- Duty Roulette: Low level gives 200 Allagan Philo and 10 Mytho, but limit once a day
- He wants players to get Darklight easier
- Clear Stone Vigil to unlock Beastmen daily quest
- Extreme primals drop accessories
- Sirius will be hardrst 4 man dungeon
- Plan to raise level cap in 2.2

Yeah, it's BS alright. Come on, some of these statements are ridiculous and/or over the top. I can't imagine the shitstorm that would happen if the one about the crystal tower is true. What's your source?

Yu Narukami

I read it on gamefaqs. That's why I asked if this was legit. Apparently a guy translated it.
Though I have to admit that I read somewhere else recently that loot allotation would be limited.

Sophia

I read it on gamefaqs. That's why I asked if this was legit. Apparently a guy translated it.
Though I have to admit that I read somewhere else recently that loot allotation would be limited.

It's likely fake. The poster didn't even specify what the source of the interview was, nor is it anywhere else on the internet.

It's likely fake. The poster didn't even specify what the source of the interview was, nor is it anywhere else on the internet.

Looking at it more closely, looks like a mix of known stuff and some new. Maybe it was done that way to make it look more real.

I highly doubt the greed/need system on Crystal Tower.

aceface

Stopping for the night. Managed to get to Lv. 8. Not bad for the first day. I'm enjoying the game so far, though obviously I haven't done a lot of stuff with other people yet. It's my first real MMO, so I'm not sure how rough the learning curve is going to be once I start doing stuff with other people.

Also, funny enough, when I was making my character, I thought "Hey, this last name is pretty unique, I doubt anyone else has it" (Caleum). Then one of the first people I see not only has that same last name, but is also a member of the GAF FC. :lol What're the chances?

Don't worry, it's an easy learning curve. The game babies you through the first 4-5 dungeons.

I went ahead and decided to be a Marauder and start somewhere different than I did in the beta. I'll have time to go back and be a Lancer later on and I am happy with my choice so far. I'm just enjoying learning my way around Limsa Lominsa and the surrounding areas while trying to get my character rolling. This is going to be one addictive game, I know that much.

On a side note, I have a quick question. I bought some dyes, but when and how can I use them? I hate mismatched gear, lol.

I believe the ability to dye opens at level 15. You have to go to an NPC in Vesper Bay for the quest (you'll know when you get there).

Understandable. Lalafell are the best race with their adorable animations. Although after seeing K'lyhia in the Arcanist questline I have the urge to make a Miqo'te myself.

Stay away from mai waifu.

Yeah, it's BS alright. Come on, some of these statements are ridiculous and/or over the top. I can't imagine the shitstorm that would happen if the one about the crystal tower is true. What's your source?

The loot limit in Crystal tower had been discussed here before so I think there's some validity to it. From what people were saying though it was something like one piece per run, not one piece per week.

Yu Narukami

This is from the last live letter.

However, there is a limitation when it comes to receiving gear drops, and once you cast lots and obtain an item, your rights to lot gear will be lost. Once the timer for lotting resets you'll be able to lot on drops again.

Perhaps the timer is a week lol. I hope not.

Nohar

The loot limit was indeed confirmed, and it really annoyed me when it was announced (I fail to see any clever reasons to put this kind of limits: static groups from Free Companies/Linkshells won't like that at all). But, come on, 1 week limit? There is no way that can be true.
Those informations are, like Relaxed Muscle said, "a mix of known stuff and some new", and some of the "new" ones are just ridiculous.
That being said, if that "1 week limit" thing turns out to be true, I think I'll have a few words with Yoshida.

Ferr986

Letter from the Producer, LII (12/04/2013)

Hello again, all of you FFXIVers out there! Yoshi-P here, bringing you my fifty-second Letter from the Producer.

I know we've kept you all waiting, but our first major update, Patch 2.1 — A Realm Awoken, will go live in just two more weeks. The need for server and system improvements shortly after release delayed our original schedule, but the dev team is hard at work on final debug checks in preparation for the December 17 release.

I've finished all my own checks, but we still have to make final difficulty adjustments for the three extreme primal battles, Good King Moggle Mog XII, the new Ultima Weapon battle, the Crystal Tower, and the Wolves' Den. There are also a few balance adjustments left to be made, and the battle team is almost done ironing out the last few details.

I was hoping to sneak in another round of screenshots for you guys, but a new trailer for the patch is coming in a few days. The last thing I want to do is spoil all of Assistant Director Takai and Sound Director Soken's hard work. It should be ready for release by the weekend, so please wait just a little while longer.

On an unrelated note, I have some great news to share with you all. At this year's PlayStation Awards ceremony, held on December 3, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn received the Special Award!

This wouldn't have been possible if not for the support of our fans from Version 1.0 as well as newcomers to A Realm Reborn, along with the incredible efforts of the development team. Words aren't enough to express my gratitude to you, our players, and the staff here on the FFXIV team.

During the ceremony, we also made an announcement for the PlayStation 4 release. We plan to release the game in April 2014, with beta testing starting on Febuary 22, 2014. Furthermore, we'll be accepting applications for testers from all regions. We also gave a short demonstration of the PS4's share function and remote play. If any of you are interested in playing on the PS4, be sure to check out videos of the PlayStation Awards online.

I know you're all eager for more information about the upcoming patch as well as the PlayStation 4, and you'll be sure to get your fill during the upcoming Letter from the Producer LIVE on December 14.

The livestream will cover the second half of our patch 2.1 exclusive, including the Wolves' Den, the first genuine player versus player combat in the FF series; Treasure Hunt and daily Beast Tribe Quests, new ways for players to enjoy the game solo; and of course, we'll be answering all of the questions you're dying to have answered. We may even reveal the price of land and houses!

Of course, the LIVE letter wouldn't be complete without information on the PlayStation 4 release, and we plan to give you all a sneak peek at actual gameplay footage! "Will it run without breaking the console?" "How are the graphics?" "What about remote play?" The answers to all of these questions and more will be answered during the next LIVE letter, so you won't want to miss it.

The year is almost over, but with our first big update just around the corner, FFXIV: ARR is just getting warmed up. We're giving it our all to ensure the first big update goes smoothly, and we hope you enjoy what we have in store for you.

It's time for me to return to work, but I'll see you all soon in my eleventh LIVE letter. Until next time!

Looks like YoshiP doesnt even know about FFXI.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
1 week limit? might as well skip CT and just go to BC

That is the most stupidest thing they can do for CT

Seriously 1 week?

Why on earth would you put in the DF then?

Hey try the whole week till you get a drop and then get locked out LOL

So some players get lucky first run get drop, get locked out, what is their incentive to repeat?
They better have a set timer of like 10 minutes or some shit or if you pop chest and get gear, the next chest or even two, you lose rights to even lot
So if there are 4 chests per team per floor on CT, you get a shot at 2 of the 4
Even then the need and greed might be a factor, if need and won, 1 chest afterwards you can't lot, if greed and won, 2 chests afterwards you can't lot
Can also do a carry over effect, that flags you when you re-enter CT

If CT is 1 week lock out on gear, no one will play this after a few weeks, the main reason for CT was to the bridge that filled the gap between Dark Light > CT > Allagan/Myth

Damn would have to loved to gear both my PLD and BLM to ilvl 80, then work in slotting Best in Slot gear pieces from Coil + Myth
Would have made Coil Turn 1-4 easier for some and for newer players joining the fold not be a huge burden

Recently found out from the MD rumblings of people doing Coil, 4 groups just broke up due to the time investment/low drops and the grind of same ol' shit caught up with them

Sucks ass too see good players start fresh all over again
Many other coil groups keep trying to static their groups but 1 or 2 always are LTTP or ruin progression in some way

frequency

I don't believe the 1 week lock. It's just too dumb. I'll wait to hear from an official source, not some un-sourced GameFAQs post. Or was it sourced and just not posted in this thread?

Some of this stuff is pretty big. Level cap increase already?
I'm not seeing anything on the official Japanese forums. I would expect to see something for this.

GraveRobberX

I don't believe the 1 week lock. It's just too dumb. I'll wait to hear from an official source, not some un-sourced GameFAQs post.

Some of this stuff is pretty big. Level cap increase already?
I'm not seeing anything on the official Japanese forums. I would expect to see something for this.

No way a cap raise, it's too early

They're still readjusting classes and balancing them

frequency

No way a cap raise, it's too early

They're still readjusting classes and balancing them

I guess it could mean item level increase and the person who "translated" it is just terrible. Maybe the 1 week thing is just saying CT resets each week or something. And the "translator" somehow merged that with the loot limit thing. Though there is supposed to be no limit to doing CT. I don't know. Waiting for official statement, if any.

Torquill

While I do agree a week lockout on CT is too long and 1-3 days would be more appropriate (and more likely), those people saying that a week lockout means you might as well just skip it for CT are missing a key detail.

The lockout is for items, not entrance. It would still be extremely viable for a coil group to do repeated runs in one sitting to gear everyone up. That's 8 pieces of gear a week instead of the 4 you would get if you're stuck on T4.

omlet

need any tips and advice on monk rotations. i feel like my dps stinks all the time and could be better.

ACC capped? What's your GCD with 3 stacks of GL? Do you have access to Fracture and Blood for Blood?

Are you seriously trying to imply that XI's PvP was anything other than a terribly balanced joke activities?

Alucrid

Banned
While I do agree a week lockout on CT is too long and 1-3 days would be more appropriate (and more likely), those people saying that a week lockout means you might as well just skip it for CT are missing a key detail.

The lockout is for items, not entrance. It would still be extremely viable for a coil group to do repeated runs in one sitting to gear everyone up. That's 8 pieces of gear a week instead of the 4 you would get if you're stuck on T4.

Everyone gets one piece per week. With the myth cap increase you can get ~one myth item per week. BC is completely doable in Darklight and AK. No reason to wait and farm CT when BC is doable already. There's no good reason for a 'loot' lockout considering the dungeon's level and the current state of the end game. It's just them trying to stretch more shit out.

frequency

Much appreciated.

Save 1 Orange Juice for that quest. You started as Marauder yes? There is a quest in La Noscea that rewards you with Orange Juice. Save 1 to avoid having to run around later!

Also Marauder will work well with Lancer if you go back to that class. Dragoon requires LNC30/MRD15.

pitbull

Banned

yeh, quit taking my damn loots!

keep up dots and buffs/debuffs and thats about it

ffxi didnt have pvp, iunno what it had but it wasn't pvp

I don't have any hopes at all for PvP in this game either though.

Mupod

On the one hand, this game is NOT designed for PVP especially the melee classes. And I hate 'arena' style mmorpg PVP, because it totally misses the god damned point of mmos.

Yet on the other hand, it's going to be such a hilarious trainwreck full of people who don't have any idea what's going on, so I have to at least try it.

Torquill

BC is completely doable in Darklight and AK.
This is not a true statement. T5 is most assuredly not doable in iLVL 70 gear. T4 is, for the vast majority of group setups (possibly all) also not doable in 70 gear.

The ability to do T1-T3 in DL in no way makes CT pointless for gearing up to do 4-5 faster.

Even if it was true (and it's not) CT is still not pointless as the gear would still make it easier to do first clears sooner.

GraveRobberX

Everyone gets one piece per week. With the myth cap increase you can get ~one myth item per week. BC is completely doable in Darklight and AK. No reason to wait and farm CT when BC is doable already. There's no good reason for a 'loot' lockout considering the dungeon's level and the current state of the end game. It's just them trying to stretch more shit out.

This.

450 Myth cap will be the new standard once 2.1 hits
You had to wait 2 week just to get 1 accessory and the extra myth left over would need another 3 weeks just so you can get that bonus accessory
Now you almost shrink that cap

Before it would take 20+ weeks to fully deck 1 character out in Myth gear now most likely it could considered 30-50% less (depending on your job and best in slot), because Allagan will fill certain slots (be easier to get more ilvl90 pieces slotted by the party as a whole) and you could work on another job afterwards

CT better be something that is rewarding
Even a little cock-block is OK, but if it is seen as a detrimental aka too much time investment, no one will fucking do it

Coil groups are either super decked out, do Turn 1-4 within a hour or two and have the whole week either doing other things or trying to take on Turn 5, while other groups are having problems just meeting up at a certain time or gear isn't formidable enough to pass say Turn 2, not even Turn 4

So CT has to be the link between these kind of groups, on one side you get the teams that can steamroll have something to play with, those who can't even pass Turn 1 get new gear pieces to make it less problematic

I really came back to invest some more time into this game again, but the game in return has to help out by keeping us busy in many ways
Hopefully 2.1 fills in the void for awhile

I had this idea of them adding gear pieces that you can level up, every 10 levels your look will change
So you start off with a basic template and keep adding pieces, like level 10 breast plate is worn/scratched to hell and back, but by level 50, it's polished, chunkier, might give off an aura

The stats would just increase incrementally to not make you go overpowered within a week or two
On top of that can do a cockblock after every 10 levels
Something crazy so you have to earn your levels, like maybe collect the whole set of primal weapons and trade them in

Something that makes higher leveled gear people go back and try to get stuff, but also might help others out in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom