• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

How are people going to get others who already looted something that week to help with CT? People tend to not want to do things where they get no potential reward, and CT requires 24 people.

This will be a problem. I don't understand why they need a lockout on this and even so the tome rewards for CT aren't good at all. They should consider making the tomes worth it at least to keep people running it.

How are people going to get others who already looted something that week to help with CT? People tend to not want to do things where they get no potential reward, and CT requires 24 people.

How are you going to get people to not just drop group as soon as they used their roll for the week? Make the only items come from the very end?

studyguy

I thought CT was going to be free to run, not locked out.
Well shit. 1 loot for 3 EM primals makes me think the weapon that drop from that is going to be fucking intense.

Mairu

Reinheart put up a translation and it looks like the rumors are true.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/124675-Reinheart-Translations!-2.1-and-2.2

The primal extreme stuff seems weird considering the weapons are likely at best side-grades from Relic+1 and with the change to mythology cap, it'll be even easier to obtain. The accessories should be nice though.

I'm looking forward to getting back to levelling some of my other combat classes as I got really tired of fate grinding.

Cmagus

I thought CT was going to be free to run, not locked out.
Well shit. 1 loot for 3 EM primals makes me think the weapon that drop from that is going to be fucking intense.

The run itself isn't locked out just you can't get any gear from it once you obtain a piece. It does offer tomes but the rumor is 200 Philo and 10 myth which hasn't been confirmed but makes sense considering there has been rumors of making Darklight easier to obtain.

Ploid 3.0

So, as a ffxi player that ended up being over with the gear acquisition cycle game, I started to lose interest (never really had it in the first place) in doing relic and dungeons in ffxiv. In the open world and solo I already feel like a beast (SCH, SMN, WAR), and the gear people are shooting for don't look interesting at all to me (higher numbers, more mana, parry, crit chance, base damage type stuff). The sole purpose of getting the higher level gear in this game seem to be getting higher level gear in this game, and that will be for getting even higher level gear (higher numbers). There is no triple attack chance, new weaponskill when having this weapon in main hand, or anything like the interesting ffxi gear from what I saw. I'm not really drooling for any ffxiv gear outside of how it looks. I should just want to do the fights for fun, but with duty finder (a less social LFP system than what ffxi had, can't even have a LFP icon next to your name for normal stuff like FATES) it's something I also got over doing.

FFXIV's gear system seemed like it was going this way in the betas, but it still haven't branched out into more interesting stuff. Maybe with an expansion they will have real relic, heck magian weapon type loot. I spent a ton of time making my magian weapons for my various classes in ffxi. Those weapons in their unfinished forms are more interesting than the stuff I saw so far. Think about a store tp weapon for warrior, or something. It's all probably because of this global cooldown system they use. You don't get tp for hitting mobs but it regens. Things will probably break. (looks up wow gear)

Raising the level cap to 55 in 2.2 is credible. They've backed themselves into a corner where after 2.1 there will be no more gaps to fill in gear progression from ilvl 50-90, and adding ilvl 90+ gear in the form of AF2 and new Binding Coil gear will make existing level 50 content a cakewalk. Players won't stay subbed for months to collect new vanity items, and drops from new primal battles etc. have to be kept relevant.

The best way for it to work would be to bring back limit break quests like FFXI had. Maybe have Maat show up as an NPC in Coerthas or Mor Dhona and give the quest to raise the level cap to 55. Players would need to complete the Relic Reborn quest just as a prerequisite to get the limit break quest, then complete another long quest chain (Crystal Tower, Extreme primals, Ultima hard, maybe some new instances added with 2.2, perhaps even progress through 2.0 Binding Coil and maybe a 1-on-1 instance against Maat himself to finish the quest. That way existing end game would be kept relevant and players would need to gear up to break the level cap.

They could keep most existing end game content capped at level 50, change the current level 50 4-man dungeons to level 50-52, add a level 52-54 dungeon and two level 55 dungeons, and make Leviathan Hard, Moogle Mog Extreme, and new Binding Coil level 55. I think raising the cap to 55 in 2.2 and 60 in 2.4 makes more sense than waiting for the expansion.

Just because? Why not add in having other level 50s with relics as a requirement too? Sounds super fun, the more requirements the better.

BLCKATK

Lockouts are rough. For people in guilds I think it will be okay because people like helping their guildies out so even if they already have their drop for the week, they'll keep going. For others though, after you get your drop most people won't go back and keep doing it. Ah well. Atleast you get to keep going if you don't get your drop, unlike coil. With the abyssmal droprates for some gear atleast I can keep going until I get something.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously 1 week lockout on gear?

Fucking SE is going to lose so many subs

Incoming server mergers ahoy

With CT they could have easily made the community to at least chase gear for 2-3 jobs, now just getting 1 is fucking problem

Better off myth capping and doing Coil till Turn 4/5 and call it a week

The way they structured this is fucking horrible

Yoshi wanted Coil/Myth geared people to do CT for vanity slots for 2.2, by 2.2, not many will be giving a fuck

Aeana

Lockouts are rough. For people in guilds I think it will be okay because people like helping their guildies out so even if they already have their drop for the week, they'll keep going. For others though, after you get your drop most people won't go back and keep doing it. Ah well. Atleast you get to keep going if you don't get your drop, unlike coil. With the abyssmal droprates for some gear atleast I can keep going until I get something.

But you can't even form a 24-man group. You can only form a group of 8 and then get matched with 16 others via the duty finder.

GraveRobberX

But you can't even form a 24-man group. You can only form a group of 8 and then get matched with 16 others via the duty finder.

Yep, so if 2 teams you get paired up with are not up good, guess what, CT will be a horrible experience

So Yoshi has set limits what you can do in a week

You've got Coil, most Run it Monday/Tuesday/ Wednesday from 7pm EST till 1AM EST, others run it Friday + Weekend same time frame
Then if you get Coil done in a day and not going to do 5 cause you arent geared or w/e, that's 150 myth, 200 if you complete 5
Then you go for the other 250

Then you have extreme primals, CT, besthunt, df roulette today within the time frame

Not many players have that much time to invest to even hit the requirements set forth

Weekly lockout on loot...hmmm I was thinking about maybe getting gear for that so I can get ready for Coil but now I feel like I should just get a few myth items first before maybe upgrading my relic to +1. That weekly lockout is meh. Hopefully the dungeon is fun though

Ken

ACC capped? What's your GCD with 3 stacks of GL? Do you have access to Fracture and Blood for Blood?

465, yes and yes. I don't take it into Coil; just boss and Primal fights.

That's enough of these snipes at other members.

Sorry, I guess?

I was going to write more here but it'd probably be considered another snipe against Kiripro. Oh well.

1 week loot lock out is dumb. I was looking forward to CT to gear up my BRD and BLM but I think I can gear them faster with allagan as I can get multiple drops in 1 week from coil and I dont have to fight with other 16 strangers. So dumb of SE

GraveRobberX

God dammit Aeana, killing all the juicy drama. What am I gonna do without being able to read other peoples business?

Well GAF FC has their own website, they can go take all their drama and shit talking there

This is an overall thread for FFXIV from all servers/players that happen to be GAFfers, not a thread for GAF FC member to come and tell others that they will be late to coil or miss it, I mean there's a reason Maple went and created the site for a reason for the FC to use

If you got 1 drop per weke from CT it will take you close to 11 weeks just t get a full ilvl80 set

In that time frame you can accumulate enough myth to fully deck out your character...

Why on earth would you do CT for gear?

Be faster to go from DL to Myth/Allagan, why compound yourself with CT?

Well GAF FC has their own website, they can go take all their drama and shit talking there

This is an overall thread for FFXIV from all servers/players that happen to be GAFfers, not a thread for GAF FC member to come and tell others that they will be late to coil or miss it, I mean there's a reason Maple went and created the site for a reason for the FC to use

Yay, this will serve my needs. Mind telling us more about how you really feel? Sounds like you have some stuff to get off your chest. I didn't even know that what people were talking about was FC stuff and thought it was just between gaf members, so do go on.

BLCKATK

Yeah it pretty much blows all around. The fact that you can't form your own 24 man group is literally something only the FFXIV team can screw up on. Like seriously.

You'll have to use DF and 24 people DF is a disaster bound to happen. Let's hope that the rewards on Myht and Philo and meaty enough to atract people....

Just logged back in for the first time in a couple months. Looks like I'm not in the GAF guild anymore, but I'll be looking to play more especially over the next month or so.

Aeana

Just logged back in for the first time in a couple months. Looks like I'm not in the GAF guild anymore, but I'll be looking to play more especially over the next month or so.
If you will be playing more regularly, you can rejoin the FC no problem.

Alucrid

Banned

I don't really think there's a huge problem with that. Shit talking and drama? Sure. Otherwise this is usually one of the most checked threads, so putting that out there doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Yeah it pretty much blows all around. The fact that you can't form your own 24 man group is literally something only the FFXIV team can screw up on. Like seriously.

Just wait for 2.2!

They really are doing an impressive job of running this game into the ground post launch. The content support since the game came out has been really awful and things aren't looking up outside of some basic mechanic additions that should have been being added in normal patches instead of as content in a content update.

It's a shame considering the potential this game had, not even Tanaka managed to run FFXI into the ground this quickly after its launch. That game had countless issues to begin with but for the most part they at least made bad changes to things that were bad to begin with as opposed to taking stuff with promise or that had the base of working well and making it far worse after months of no new content.

Needless to say I am pretty let down and hope they get things together sooner rather then later before people abandon the game for good.

Ploid 3.0

I love mmropg drama. It's my favorite activity!

Yeah, especially if it's at a camp like Fafhogg where linkshells are trying to mpk each other. If your linkshell is caught in the cross hairs of a aggressive linkshell which tries to clip, or flail your claim it's still interesting. Too bad none of this is in ffxiv, and thankfully. I'm not missing the bottlenecks for endgame that caused the big camps, I do miss the community though. It brought unlikely people together, we were in pits and such for hours together.

Mairu

If you got 1 drop per weke from CT it will take you close to 11 weeks just t get a full ilvl80 set

Really puts it into perspective how pointless CT is. Hopefully they'll make changes. You can't just copy the LFR system when that works in WoW because it's not the only way to do the instance.

WolvenOne

Was it ever confirmed that 24 pre-made Coil groups were going to be held over till 2.2?

The original phrasing of the translation made me think it could be a matter of a few weeks before they updated the match making servers to handle 24premades. So I'm not certain why people are making the automatic assumption that they have to wait till 2.2.

Ploid 3.0

like im on the edge of re-upping lol

I think I'll just do one resub too, and level two new jobs to 50. Heck I might even like one of them. I have a lot of jobs to take to 50 after that, if I continue resubbing. I might even do the crafting thing since I like to farm the most with the open world enemies being so weak. How much faster can I kill them, and run everyone else out of the camp I claim as my own? $$$$$

Reinheart put up a translation and it looks like the rumors are true.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/124675-Reinheart-Translations!-2.1-and-2.2

I'm surprised at the length of the lockout. Once people get their loot for the week it will be difficult to motivate them to keep running it. The myth reward is too low and the requirement to group with 16 other randoms is undesirable.

Everything else sounds good. 1.5x more story than 2.1 coming in 2.2? Interesting.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm surprised at the length of the lockout. Once people get their loot for the week it will be difficult to motivate them to keep running it. The myth reward is too low and the requirement to group with 16 other randoms is undesirable.

Everything else sounds good. 1.5x more story than 2.1 coming in 2.2? Interesting.

No. 2.2 has 1.5 times the amount of story than what's in 2.1.

Most people will go for the armor anyway. That's 5 weeks.

Is a nice way to get a decent geared sub job for coil.

Do we have any idea how the loot works? If it's like it is now, you'll have limited random drops split among a large group of people. Five weeks sounds a tad conservative. Unless you just plan on running CT all week.

Really puts it into perspective how pointless CT is. Hopefully they'll make changes. You can't just copy the LFR system when that works in WoW because it's not the only way to do the instance.

Most people will go for the armor anyway. That's 5 weeks.

Is a nice way to get a decent geared sub job for coil.

Do we have any idea how the loot works? If it's like it is now, you'll have limited random drops split among a large group of people. Five weeks sounds a tad conservative. Unless you just plan on running CT all week.

Each group get's their own loot. For the loot distribution I assume it will be like coil since CT also has "floors".

Of course 5 weeks depends on how much dedication every person will be willing to give to CT (depending on how long the content is or how hard is to find decent DF groups). But it can be done.

Not that I'm all for the lockout, but giving ilvl 80 armor so "easily" it clearly goes agaisnt how they did things until now.

going to have to grind out AF 2/DL or will the 2.1 content help with that if I only have AF1 (and Mog Fork)

Extreme Primals will need DL at least, Phirius is the hardest 4 man dungeon but I think CT is doable on AF gear?

Not sure, but getting DL will be easier on 2.1 so no excuses!

Nakazato

going to have to grind out AF 2/DL or will the 2.1 content help with that if I only have AF1 (and Mog Fork)

Each group get's their own loot. For the loot distribution I assume it will be like coil since CT also has "floors".

Of course 5 weeks depends on how much dedication every person will be willing to give to CT (depending on how long the content is or how hard is to find decent DF groups). But it can be done.

Not that I'm all for the lockout, but giving ilvl 80 armor so "easily" it clearly goes agaisnt how they did things until now.

Extreme Primals will need DL at least, Phirius is the hardest 4 man dungeon but I think CT is doable on AF gear?

Not sure, but getting DL will be easier on 2.1 so no excuses!
How DL going to be easier ?

But

Yay jumping back In and might start grinding tomorrow

oneils

Created a male Hyur (I'm boring, I know!) in Ultros last night. Took about 2.5 hours with installing and registering, but finally got on. Managed to hit level 5. Really impressed so far. My main class now is Pugilist, but will subclass a thaumaturge. Going for a close up fighter than can lob fireballs from afar when needed.

I probably won't fully dive in to the community aspects until I get more of a handle on things (like how to work the map... so many clicks to see where I am..), but I'll be looking out for the GAF guild when I'm ready.

Did the same thing too. Created a male Hyur, but marauder. Was surprised by the huge game update. Wasn't expecting that. But once it was done, it was pure gravy. Had a blast and got to level 6.

desu

Man that translation ... the way they set it up is just super horrible. They made a useless dungeon even more useless (for the people doing coil).

And the only content I was looking forward too has a limit of 1 item per week as well, geez it's getting hard to justify a subscription with this kind of content cockblocking.

I guess for some people it will go from 1h coil a week, to 2h coil + extreme mode primals a week (CT seems pretty useless).

Also it's amazing how easy Twintania gets once you beat her the first time. We got 2 people new to the fight in today and it took us 2h. Not a one shot yet but still pretty ok.

GraveRobberX

Shit philos mats are going to drop so much, it would be easier to just get gear made or buy from market lol

Slot w/e materia you can and bypass DL all together, at least there will be more colorful people crammed into MD rather than the black/gray that usually surround the crystal

Aren't they also fixing that 27 potash just to make the damn legs or something + 18 peacock ores for 1 accs

They are down to 15K now, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 5-10K easily with more philos gotten

I took my level 35 MRD into Bray for shits n giggle, wow, I forgot about everything in that place
Only did it as BLM once, never cared for Battlemage set, so was never really chasing it
2nd time ever visiting it, felt so fucking foreign

I might have to go level up some classes and revisit these dungeons, they were a blur when I was doing BLM & PLD to 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom