• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from reddit:

This is a bad sign for their ability to deliver content in a timely manner when they have to lock us out even harder on i80 stuff than they do i90 stuff.

A single person in 2.1 could get on average 2 pieces of i90 loot per week (1/8 allagan and 450 myth), while i80 will be 1 per week.

Couldnt agree more

Ferr986

A single person in 2.1 could get on average 2 pieces of i90 loot per week (1/8 allagan and 450 myth), while i80 will be 1 per week.

Yeah its kind of baffling how it will be easier to gear up with ilvl90 stuff compared to the ilvl80 ones.

YoshiP wasnt lying when he said CT drops would be for vanity, seems like it will really be the only useful thing for that gear.

desu

Pretty much, it's just hilarious and sad =/. Well I am honest, this gives me time to do other things ...

Shouta

Wow. 2.2 notes look terrible if true. I haven't been playing much recently because of other games and kind of tired of the grind. If 2.2 just piles more on top after 2.1, then might not play it for that much longer.

They really need to expand the mechanics and customization to keep the game fresh, in addition to adding more stuff to do. It's much more quantity over quality at this point.

omlet

Yeah its kind of baffling how it will be easier to gear up with ilvl90 stuff compared to the ilvl80 ones.

YoshiP wasnt lying when he said CT drops would be for vanity, seems like it will really be the only useful thing for that gear.

I'm amazed you guys have BiS allagan/af+1 i90 on all 9 jobs already. Can you tell me your secret?

Mairu

I'm amazed you guys have BiS allagan/af+1 i90 on all 9 jobs already. Can you tell me your secret?

This is a really pointless retort. The game isn't even well designed if they want to encourage one person to do the same content on the same character on multiple combat jobs.

studyguy

This is a really pointless retort. The game isn't even well designed if they want to encourage one person to do the same content on the same character on multiple combat jobs.

No reason?
Gotta wave that dick around harder, man!
I'm gearing my tanks, beyond the tanks, a MNK because I don't care for many jobs beyond that.

Cmagus

Prepare to see a huge population drop off before patch 2.2. They have made this game beyond anti-social at this point I miss 1.0 so much even with the problems it was leaps and bounds more fun than this.

pitbull

Banned
No reason?
Gotta wave that dick around harder, man!
I'm gearing my tanks, beyond the tanks, a MNK because I don't care for many jobs beyond that.

I am too, but from left over coil drops and left over myth tomes. I'm gonna have to spend tomes on something since i can only carry 2k and im at 1400 right now.

I'll run CT to see the fights and that'll prolly be the last time I run it until vanity.

EM primals I'll wait to see if the weapons look better or have even slightly diff/better stats but if not that rules out that content too.

Whoever is in charge of releasing this content must be smoking some REALLY good shit because there's no reasoning to it.

Cmagus

I am too, but from left over coil drops and left over myth tomes. I'm gonna have to spend tomes on something since i can only carry 2k and im at 1400 right now.

I'll run CT to see the fights and that'll prolly be the last time I run it until vanity.

EM primals I'll wait to see if the weapons look better or have even slightly diff/better stats but if not that rules out that content too.

Whoever is in charge of releasing this content must be smoking some REALLY good shit because there's no reasoning to it.
The 2.1 content was meant for launch and is now outdated while they play catch up.

pitbull

Banned
The 2.1 content was meant for launch and is now outdated while they play catch up.

Its not just outdated, its like its made by someone that hates yoshi P for making a good game. There's a long list of games that have crashed and burned due to crappy updates/expansions.

omlet

Went ahead and did it. Grabbed my Melee Cyclas to hold me over until I get my last 2 (3) Allagan drops. Now it's just a matter of getting our group to actually get online to practice turn 5...

80xo.jpg

gdz5.jpg

xj67.jpg

vd71.jpg

Really happy with how good it looks with the Allagan gloves and boots.

WolvenOne

Question on those Drop lockouts.

For the Extreme Primals, is that, one drop per primal per week? If so, that's no big deal at all. If we're talking 1 drop for any of the three primals, that's a slightly bigger deal. Not, deal breaker, but it does seem a little heavy handed.

Now, on CT.

Is that, one drop for the entire tower? Or one drop per floor of the tower? Again, not a big deal if it's the former. I'd kill for Coil to merely lock people out from collecting drops. If it's the later, eeeeh, I'd still probably go through CT once a week, but it would be kinda frustrating to see equipment go poof on later floors, just because everyone rolled on drops earlier.

All in all, I'm glad I held up on leveling additional classes, because this update definitely seems geared towards people whom either aren't yet at 50, or are leveling additional classes. I'll probably continue to pace myself though, at least until I know when 2.2 hits. Basically: There's going to be a ton more stuff to do, but this isn't going to satisfy the folks that leveled up several classes, and are running Coil on almost all of them. This is more an update for the more casual players.

aceface

In CT is it going to be 24 people lotting for one piece of loot? Might take a few runs to get anything if so. Also I would think that one piece of loot would be given at the end of the dungeon to encourage people to run the whole thing, but who knows.

desu

In CT is it going to be 24 people lotting for one piece of loot? Might take a few runs to get anything if so. Also I would think that one piece of loot would be given at the end of the dungeon to encourage people to run the whole thing, but who knows.

No, one chest for 8 people.

Luigi87

Up to level 8 at the moment. Enjoying it more than I did 1.0 when I dabbled in that. Leveling as Lancer at the moment, as all I've wanted since they were first announced years ago, was to get a Dragoon, because... Dragoon.

Alucrid

Banned
Went ahead and did it. Grabbed my Melee Cyclas to hold me over until I get my last 2 (3) Allagan drops. Now it's just a matter of getting our group to actually get online to practice turn 5...

yeah, looks surprisingly decent

Mairu

The hardest part of turn 5 for my group is this. :[

WolvenOne

Probably.

Do we know if there is going to be Crystal Tower Weapons, if so, those would be the logical thing to drop from CT's final floors. If not, well, they can always put the jewelry drops first, then the gloves, boots, and put the main armor pieces at the endboss.

scosher

I'm not too upset about the CT item lockout. I didn't plan on rushing to gear up my alt anyway.

I set aside some jobs to level with 2.1 through the increased dungeon xp, so I'm looking forward to that, as well as the new hardmodes and dungeons.

Hopefully that'll last me till 2.2.

MechaX

If I have to start gearing up other classes that I don't even like playing to get some form of lasting enjoyment between content patches, I think I made the wrong decision getting into a MMO to begin with.

jiggle

I think I will give up running WP for a while because of the horrendous lag.

http://ns.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1rxvt8/time_warner_socal_users_any_user_with_lag_repost/

There's basically no way for me to fix this issue except tunneling with a VPN or tether my smart phone. I am getting like up to 25% packet loss sometime.

Anyone else who's on TWC on the West Coast can ping or do a tracert to Ultros server 199.91.189.36

i was @ OC using TWC over thanksgiving
and finally experienced just how bad some ppl really have it
it was like every input came with a 1-2 seconds delay in WP/AK
horrible

Totakeke

Sounds like the plan is to clear Twintania, do the new dungeons, do EM Primals, do CT a couple of times, then call it a day and stop the sub unless PvP is fun (doubt it).

As long I clear Twintania, the others shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to do.

oneils

I messed up one of the default cross bars (set 8) on ps3. I removed the inventory and journal from that cross bar. I can't seem to figure out how to put them back.

Resetting back to default didn't do it. Anyone have an idea?

jorgeton

Such a dumb question, but how do I join gaf guild? I applied and was accepted through guildwork site but can't figure out how to join in-game. Name is Gibreel Sykes.

NeOak

So I bought the PS3 version through PSN... And I don't have a PS3.

I need access to a PS3 to activate it on my PC account, right?

Yes, its for the eventual PS4 upgrade.

Aeana

I messed up one of the default cross bars (set 8) on ps3. I removed the inventory and journal from that cross bar. I can't seem to figure out how to put them back.

Open up your actions and traits window, and check the first page (I think)?

frequency

So I bought the PS3 version through PSN... And I don't have a PS3.

I need access to a PS3 to activate it on my PC account, right?

Yes, its for the eventual PS4 upgrade.

The set up process on PS3 will link your PSN ID to your PC account. As far as I know, there is no other way.

dramatis

Either use Actions & Traits from Set 8 or press start and find Actions & Traits in the leftmost menu (above where you start highlighted on 'Character').

When Actions & Traits is open, on the left sidebar head down to 'Main Commands'. Press X to get into the right side of the window, where you should be able to find inventory and journal icons. When you have highlighted one of them, press Square, and it will enter hotbar editing mode, where now you can hold L2/R2 and place your command where you want it.

Teknoman

Everyone needs to post in some XIV forum direct message to Yoshi about their CT concerns asap. I dont think its too late to change the mechanincs right?

I was really looking forward to it, even though i'm just like lvl 44. Something so amazing sounding, to be squandered potential (at least the way the first floors work, since I assume they are adding more) due to lockout mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom