• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Anything less than them adding a myth tome or two to trash groups in AK preemptively sucks really. The only other OK thing I could see them doing is better gil drops. I mean is there anything else "good" they could change? Philosophy Tomes are basically worthless as well given easy options like Castrum, so I'm not interested in those either.

They won't add Gil drops, because they don't want to pour money into the economy. MMO designers are always seeking ways to take currency out, not put it in.

Item Box

Beat Sasha's last boss with an Archer and a Lancer without anyone dying as Conjurer. Feels good man.

iT7quko25knZk.jpg

18th run, still haven't gotten it yet, however.

what the hell happened to your tank

Kokonoe

Banned
23rd dungeon, no robe, but I've honestly found a new respect for leveling via dungeons. It's a lot more entertaining than FATE grinding. However, after this 23rd one I think I'm just gonna call on the Acolyte Robe for now. I'm not sure if there is a better place to get it as I've only been doing Satasha.

Clean up dat UI mang

It looks better when I go in 1080p, but I was using windowed there. I kind of like the default options for controller in this, not sure how I would improve it.

All right...I just wish I had more damaging options.

Since you like Pokeymanz, think of it like Pokeymanz and that you're the "Trainer" and just commanding your Carbachu to do stuff in your steed.

Story stuff question (near end I think?):

I'm at Operation Archon now, am I supposed to go the different places and help out the 'other plans', a lot of new quests have shown up. Like I was at a cat place in the desert 'recruiting' people for the cause by doing quests/helping them out. Does this affect the story at all or is it just for the exp/rewards?

Story stuff question (near end I think?):

I'm at Operation Archon now, am I supposed to go the different places and help out the 'other plans', a lot of new quests have shown up. Like I was at a cat place in the desert 'recruiting' people for the cause by doing quests/helping them out. Does this affect the story at all or is it just for the exp/rewards?

Just used for exp and rewards.

Seriously?! I can't resubscribe because I(for various reasons) don't have my own debit card and my brother's keeps erroring out. the subscription screen doesn't ask for the cardholder's name and address, it just cross checks it with your account's name and address.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Can someone explain to me how I unlock Darkhold? I'm level 46 and the quest is level 44 but it's still locked...

Can someone explain to me how I unlock Darkhold? I'm level 46 and the quest is level 44 but it's still locked...

You mean your grand company quest that sends you to Darkhold?

You need to have completed your first Grand company hunting log and achieved a certain rank to be able to accept that quest.

Anteater

Is there an easy way to kill the first boss at CC? We always just aoe and kill the adds til they stop spawning, had no problem with it but it seems like the other bosses are a lot easier relatively.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You mean your grand company quest that sends you to Darkhold?

You need to have completed your first Grand company hunting log and achieved a certain rank to be able to accept that quest.

I already have the first log done. Do you know what rank I need to be?

Cmagus

I already have the first log done. Do you know what rank I need to be?

You will need to reach Sergeant First Class of your GC to unlock it. You will need 4000 seals to get that rank. You'll be given the quest "Shadows Uncast" at level 44

lupin23rd

You will need to reach Sergeant First Class of your GC to unlock it. You will need 4000 seals to get that rank. You'll be given the quest "Shadows Uncast" at level 44

You should also be able to get a quest to go into Darkhold from the Observatorium in Coerthas. I think that's where I first got it, a while before I unlocked it through the GC.

Kokonoe

Banned
As far as number of people who are tanks, if they gave WAR and GLA 2x EXP gainrate compared to other jobs, I think that would instantly fix the low amount of tanks issue.

Some might see it as unfair, but that's the easiest thing I can think of.

Ken

As far as number of people who are tanks, if they gave WAR and GLA 2x EXP gainrate compared to other jobs, I think that would instantly fix the low amount of tanks issue.

people will just level tanks just to have em and go back to mains

Kokonoe

Banned
people will just level tanks just to have em and go back to mains

I dunno. I'm leveling Conjurer right now cause 50 minute DPS wait times on dungeons makes not accomplish much in a day. I'm starting to just love the fact of getting into dungeons at worst 3 minute waits. I think others would to if they actually had a reason to try out tank. I don't have any other ideas to fix the low tank issue.

Teletraan1

Banned
The lack of a true short CD taunt limits the kind of things they can do from a tanking perspective for the encounters in this game. No tank swaps or things of that nature. I haven't done coil but in the content I have done that other tank just seems to be a DD until adds come out or are on some task that while important is boring. The encounter design so far doesn't really make me want to rush out to level a tank or main one to be honest.

This doesn't solve the problem of PLD vs. WAR imbalance, lack of reward from tanking, clumsy emnity mechanics where you just have to sneeze hard enough at a mob to rip aggro off the tank, and the fact that dungeons are haphazardly designed to require 1 tank in one case, 2 tanks in another case, with no consistency.

People aren't tanks in FFXIV because I'm going to be honest, you're either playing EZmode PLD and bored to tears or you're playing original Halo Legendary difficulty WAR and it's literally impossible to be main tank once you reach a certain point in endgame. There's no in between, so people who actually like a challenge but who don't want to face mathematically impossible difficulty have nothing else to do but roll a DPS or healer class. The two tank classes don't have anything resembling rewarding play right now.

Did you know you can Flash at the right moment and blind Titan HM, negating the only thing that might even remotely threaten a PLD tanking him right now? It's possible to avoid Mountain Buster 100% with the right timing. So PLD literally can't be harmed by Titan HM. Meanwhile WAR gets killed so bad by Titan HM that most people who play WAR take him to Titan HM as a DPS and let a PLD tank him just to pass the fight and get their relic. That's how balanced PLD and WAR are right now. And neither are that much fun to play at endgame, one class is OP and boring and the other is dead meat and impossible.

Ken

The lack of a true short CD taunt limits the kind of things they can do from a tanking perspective for the encounters in this game. No tank swaps or things of that nature. I haven't done coil but in the content I have done that other tank just seems to be a DD until adds come out or are on some task that while important is boring. The encounter design so far doesn't really make me want to rush out to level a tank or main one to be honest.

turn2 requires tank swaps with provoke which is thankfully xclass

i got my WAR to 50!!

50 potency reflect shield on physical vs 6 seconds of godmode

lulz

Tash

I dunno. I'm leveling Conjurer right now cause 50 minute DPS wait times on dungeons makes not accomplish much in a day. I'm starting to just love the fact of getting into dungeons at worst 3 minute waits. I think others would to if they actually had a reason to try out tank. I don't have any other ideas to fix the low tank issue.

Enjoy it while it lasts..after you hit lvl 30 all will change..

Ken

How do you figure? I had near instant queue times (avg less than 5min) as a WHM up to and including 50

she means you get competition from scholars

i did feel longer queues around launch at 30+ but then it returned to near instant at 40+

Well I got my password problem figured out, so now I am wondering if there is a guide for returning 1.0 players somewhere who are completely lost. I have every job at 50 and yet I have no idea how to play any of them anymore haha.

I have 17m left over from 1.0, is that still a lot of money? What do I do with all this cracked materia?

I had a similar problem but have jobs that I haven't leveled, however, I would recommend you to do guildhest and the dungeons starting at the lowest level which will limit your skills so that you can focus on re-learning the job bit by bit. That's what I plan to do with my 50 whm.

This doesn't solve the problem of PLD vs. WAR imbalance, lack of reward from tanking, clumsy emnity mechanics where you just have to sneeze hard enough at a mob to rip aggro off the tank, and the fact that dungeons are haphazardly designed to require 1 tank in one case, 2 tanks in another case, with no consistency.

People aren't tanks in FFXIV because I'm going to be honest, you're either playing EZmode PLD and bored to tears or you're playing original Halo Legendary difficulty WAR and it's literally impossible to be main tank once you reach a certain point in endgame. There's no in between, so people who actually like a challenge but who don't want to face mathematically impossible difficulty have nothing else to do but roll a DPS or healer class. The two tank classes don't have anything resembling rewarding play right now.

Did you know you can Flash at the right moment and blind Titan HM, negating the only thing that might even remotely threaten a PLD tanking him right now? It's possible to avoid Mountain Buster 100% with the right timing. So PLD literally can't be harmed by Titan HM. Meanwhile WAR gets killed so bad by Titan HM that most people who play WAR take him to Titan HM as a DPS and let a PLD tank him just to pass the fight and get their relic. That's how balanced PLD and WAR are right now. And neither are that much fun to play at endgame, one class is OP and boring and the other is dead meat and impossible.

I've been flashing titan just after landslides in phase 5 but it's certainly not 100% effective it's just improved chance. I was main warrior in 1.0 though and I am disappointed in the current state of what used to be an awesome job.

Ferr986

I know its not going to happen but I wish they would increase the myth tomestones cap on 2.1. 500 would feel enough.

What does it takes to get a fulll AF2 armor, around 3 months, right? I feel like by the time I can afford all the set we will be around 2.2 and probably the gear will be outclassed (let alone getting the gear for your second class). I cant even have an accesory in a week of farming right now.

I know theres the Allagan stuff too, but I want to complete the AF2..

Rising_Hei

I know its not going to happen but I wish they would increase the myth tomestones cap on 2.1. 500 would feel enough.

What does it takes to get a fulll AF2 armor, around 3 months, right? I feel like by the time I can afford all the set we will be around 2.2 and probably the gear will be outclassed (let alone getting the gear for your second class). I cant even have an accesory in a week of farming right now.

I know theres the Allagan stuff too, but I want to complete the AF2..

They definitely should increase it, its too slow as it is now, that's why some of us alternate between AF2 and allagan drops... you should do the same if you get an spot as DRG in AV's 1st set party or in a new set :p

Coldsun

Banned
They definitely should increase it, its too slow as it is now, that's why some of us alternate between AF2 and allagan drops... you should do the same if you get an spot as DRG in AV's 1st set party or in a new set :p

At the very least I'd love to see the caps be job based instead of character based. Being limited to 300 a week effectively makes it so I'll never get my other classes geared up with AF2

Caj814

Aren't new difficulties being added? I would imagine direct drops of said items could be included to make the challenge worth the trouble.

Rising_Hei

At the very least I'd love to see the caps be job based instead of character based. Being limited to 300 a week effectively makes it so I'll never get my other classes geared up with AF2

I can understand that point, thought, that way each person has only 1 powerful job, and people that plays 24/7 will never be able to surpass other people by that much

Also everyone has 1 main this way and there can't be that many loot whores :)

Lot whores, hate them

Coldsun

Banned
I can understand that point, thought, that way each person has only 1 powerful job, and people that plays 24/7 will never be able to surpass other people by that much

Also everyone has 1 main this way and there can't be that many loot whores :)

Lot whores, hate them

Eh, doesn't really stop someone from making a 2nd and 3rd char :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom