• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

2.1 trailer got me hyped. I didn't know about that Ultima's Bane thing! Looks awesome.

Yeah, I'm really hopeful that HM Ultima Weapon is going to provide a real challenge. As frustrating as it can be, beating bosses like HM Titan, and the Coil Bosses, have been some of the most rewarding moments in this game.

Besides, assuming .5 to 2 weeks per new Boss, those alone could keep me occupied till we're close to Febuary. XD

Yu Narukami

Someone should make a Gaming side thread about 2.1 trailer news? I'd do it myself...but i'm about to crash.

That would be great. I'm at work and can't see the video.

As my gaming time is limited, I don't know what I schould prioritize in 2.1? What are you doing first Ultros GAF?

WolvenOne

That would be great. I'm at work and can't see the video.

As my gaming time is limited, I don't know what I schould prioritize in 2.1? What are you doing first Ultros GAF?

Well, I'll probably do Crystal Tower first, then go to work on the Relic+2 Quest.

Seeing as I'll be splitting my time between those new tasks, capping Myth, and working on Coil, I expect my schedule to be absolutely packed for the first 3-4 weeks. XD

Ferr986

Well, I'll probably do Crystal Tower first, then go to work on the Relic+2 Quest.

Seeing as I'll be splitting my time between those new tasks, capping Myth, and working on Coil, I expect my schedule to be absolutely packed for the first 3-4 weeks. XD

Relic+2? Do you mean Extreme Primals? Wasnt that a new weapon?

Anyways, trailer sure looks good. Even with the CT lockout, Im eager to try all the new stuff.

genbatzu

looks like they hinted to a new Class/Job - Musketeer!

http://mediaminions.de/realm-awoken-ffxiv-patch-2-1-geht-17-12-live/

5:21
musketeer.jpg

Tash

ooooooooooh interesting!
Looks like PvP skills can be customized and are linked to GCs. I really hope it will make for some cool personal templates and not lead to "you must have these 5 and nothing else" type-of-stuff.

ss_04.png

Totakeke

ooooooooooh interesting!
Looks like PvP skills can be customized and are linked to GCs. I really hope it will make for some cool personal templates and not lead to "you must have these 5 and nothing else" type-of-stuff.

ss_04.png

Best screen from 2.1 so far.

WolvenOne

Relic+2? Do you mean Extreme Primals? Wasnt that a new weapon?

Anyways, trailer sure looks good. Even with the CT lockout, Im eager to try all the new stuff.

There is apparently going to be a way to upgrade your Relics a second time, probably to lvl95 of I had to guess. It sounds like beating the Extreme Primals are a prerequisite.

Tash

There is apparently going to be a way to upgrade your Relics a second time, probably to lvl95 of I had to guess. It sounds like beating the Extreme Primals are a prerequisite.

They already answered that:

Q56: Will the extreme primal battles be part of the main story and/or be tied with the relic quest?

A56: Yes.

EM Titan looks insane.

Who is Hildebrand?

Goofy character from 1.0. He is a self-proclaimed detective that never does anything right. His final investigation was trying to decipher the mistery of Dalamud through ancient prophecies, that wrongly made him believe he was the hero that would save Eorzea from the impact, and accidentally went (literally XD) to the "moon" to "save" us.

Angelcurio

There is a deal on PSN that has this game for $10.00, but there is also a Collector Edition that is only $5.00 more, so i want to know if it's worth it to go for the CE.

I don't plan to play the game on PS3 since my HDD is already full, i just want to buy it for the future free PS4 upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Nakazato

If some people had gotten their way a couple months ago you and everyone else who hadn't logged in lately (despite the fact that we still have a couple hundred free slots) would have been logging back in with no FC at all.
Point taken but when real life calls things have to be put on the back burner lol

ooooooooooh interesting!

ss_04.png

I'm actually getting excited about the PVP implementation now. They mentioned it before, but it definitely looks like each class will have all new specific skills for PVP. I'm not a big fan of Arena style PVP but I'm looking forward to the faction based PVP with objectives which they talked about adding around 2.3 (6 months from launch).

Soo I bought this game on recently and am really enjoying my experience!
Do you guys have any tips for newbies?

Join the GAF guild if you're on Ultros! The FC is friendly, helpful, and welcoming to new players. The member forum is also a good resource. I started creating and compiling guides a while back and though they haven't been updated much recently there is some good information there for new players.

http://neogaf.guildwork.com

kierwynn

What's with you guys and the no shirt policy?

Lewd.

What's the point of playing a guy character if I don't make him keep his shirt off 90% of the time? Isn't that why guys play girl characters? ;x

;D

Hildibrand and a spriggan riding a golem?! Yeah sure SE I guess I'm in for another month. If I must.

By another month you mean forever, right? Right?!

I just woke up, but time to watch the trailer. :O

OK.... That trailer has my hyped. Dat FFIII Remix, Dat Pharos, Dat Hard Mode Haukke, Dat Titan Extreme. Still not sure about PVP, though. Moogle Mog looks fun.

Also when they were showing Beast tribe quests, looks like someone was on a goobue mount. Possible new mount confirmed for non-legacey?

Does anyone know if you retain your accumulated Free Company credits if you change Grand Company allegiance? Are there three people on Ultros willing to test this theory by setting up a new FC?

I'm planning to hold a poll and let people vote on where we setup our base of operations and was thinking about changing our Free Company affiliation to the Grand Company that matches this location.

dcye

That video has me so hyped holy shit. Extreme primals terrify me. Hard mode Ultima looks droolworthy. can't wait can't wait.

BLCKATK

Does anyone know if you retain your accumulated Free Company credits if you change Grand Company allegiance? Are there three people on Ultros willing to test this theory by setting up a new FC?

I'm planning to hold a poll and let people vote on where we setup our base of operations and was thinking about changing our Free Company affiliation to the Grand Company that matches this location.

You keep your Free Company credits if you change. My FC has changed 3 times at this point.

pitbull

Banned
You keep your Free Company credits if you change. My FC has changed 3 times at this point.

Grand Company, not free company.

And I believe each GC uses their own currency so even if you keep them you cant use them at your new GC.

Also there's a 1 month cooldown on changing i believe.

Great idea to have the FC go to all the same GC though, that way i can pick a different one :) I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one

Exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks!

And I believe each GC uses their own currency so even if you keep them you cant use them at your new GC.

Great idea to have the FC go to all the same GC though, that way i can pick a different one :) I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one

I meant the FC. The FC is currently allied with Limsa Lominsa but thought it might be a good idea to change the alliance to wherever the FC house ends up. Each individual Grand Company member's affiliation doesn't matter. I wouldn't want to force that on anyone.

Maybe if there is some benefit later on down the road in PVP or some such, we could all switch GCs, but again, I wouldn't want to make that an enforced rule or anything.

Reknoc

It's about changing the GC your FC is allied to e.g. GAF is currently allied to Maelstrom. RBZ wants to change the FC's alliance to whoever is in control of where the guild house will be, if I'm understanding correctly.

though I'd vote for la noscea, since that housing area looks the best.

Mupod

Oh wow. I was expecting one or two class-specific PVP skills, not a whole array of them. Suddenly not quite so down on playing a melee class in PVP, but we'll see.

Oh wow. I was expecting one or two class-specific PVP skills, not a whole array of them. Suddenly not quite so down on playing a melee class in PVP, but we'll see.

Seriously, I'm gonna check PvP more seriously now that I know this. As long as is midly fun could be a nice timewaster between coil, CT and EM Primals.

gatti-man

Did anyone else laugh watching titan extreme where he had the bombs and triple avalanche go off at the same time? Lol titan is back to haunt my dreams once more!

QUOTE=jagaman;92621809]It's ridiculous that EM Primals are part of the MS Quest. How many have beaten Titan? 50%?[/QUOTE]

No its not. I like that this game gives incentives for people to know how to play their class. Titan extreme will bring the best out of my FC I can't wait.

Khatoz

Did anyone else laugh watching titan extreme where he had the bombs and triple avalanche go off at the same time? Lol titan is back to haunt my dreams once more!

They didn't go off at the same time, it had a 2 second delay, enough time >_>

.....To die horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom