• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Where is the 20 mil figure coming from for the guild housing? Because seriously, that's messed up.

Xelios donated 20 million to the Ultros FC for the housing fund. I just made that comment because I'd be surprised if they didn't already have enough money for the house (i.e. I don't expect it to cost more than that; I'd be surprised if it did). Not that I want to stop anybody else from donating.

Ken

grats to gryvan, loxas, and bookey on getting their first relic weapons

shout outs to 9 stomps making life surge utterly useless

jiien

grats to gryvan, loxas, and bookey on getting their first relic weapons

shout outs to 9 stomps making life surge utterly useless

Didn't Bookey already have a relic? Pretty sure we took him through Titan a week ago or so...

suzu

That animation glitch is probably the best thing from ffxiv.. maybe on par with the gif of the male hyur laughing.

Kenai

If this isn't headlining OT4 alongside the you-know-who-laugh gif there will be blood to pay.

Where is the 20 mil figure coming from for the guild housing? Because seriously, that's messed up.

Don't quote me on this because I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard that the biggest properties go to the highest bidders in some kinda system where the asking price starts at a ridiculously high amount (which obv you don't have to pay) and then steadily drops until someone buys it.

kierwynn

I should stop making those gifs and encouraging you guys...
I have one of Strawberry doing her slave for you thing, but I know better than to share it now!

Khatoz

I should stop making those gifs and encouraging you guys...
I have one of Strawberry doing her slave for you thing, but I know better than to share it now!

You know you have to share it now, you can't just "mention" it and then leave us hanging.

neither

Join the GAF guild if you're on Ultros! The FC is friendly, helpful, and welcoming to new players. The member forum is also a good resource. I started creating and compiling guides a while back and though they haven't been updated much recently there is some good information there for new players.

http://neogaf.guildwork.com
Thank you, will do!
And how do I get added to the FC?
I'm really enjoying the game but playing alone is not much fun..

WolvenOne

So, I have an irrational desire to work my donation up to an even Mil before 2.1 hits. Now that Phil Mat's have lost more of their value, what'd be the most reasonable thing to farm?

I've lucked out a couple times with decent materia, but they're such a gamble that the inordinate time spent Spiritbinding hardly seems worth it.

So, I have an irrational desire to work my donation up to an even Mil before 2.1 hits. Now that Phil Mat's have lost more of their value, what'd be the most reasonable thing to farm?

I've lucked out a couple times with decent materia, but they're such a gamble that the inordinate time spent Spiritbinding hardly seems worth it.

Check the markets to see what is selling and see if you can farm or gather it.

Crossposting it from the FC forum:

Takato Pakato (me) said:
Hello, peeps!

We are currently looking for members for GAF's newest coil group, not yet named.

Our current setup is:
Takato Pakato - BLM
Mei Hatori - MNK
Zan Samuel - WHM
Mael Almaceda - SCH

So, we need two tanks, preferably both jobs, and two DPSes, one of them BRD. First come, first served!

No previous experience is required, and neither intensive youtubing. Most of us never even entered the coil, and we will try to learn it like bosses before resorting to guides :)

Prefered times, schedule and mumble availability are to be discussed tonight or tomorrow night, around 10PM GMT+0 most likely, not guaranteed. If we can get enough members by this weekend, we'll start immediately.

edgefusion

Good luck filling out the rest of the group. I would've loved to join as I've been waiting and asking for weeks but the only space for me has been filled by someone else.

aceface

Does anybody have a PC copy they're willing to sell from the sale? Have a friend who wants to sub but missed out. PM me!!

Yeah this is also me. I decided I want to start a new account so I can play simultaneously with my wife but apparently to do that you have to buy the game again? Annoying, and I missed the sales.

Zaptruder

Banned
So what's the go on the in game bulletin board recruitment system? Didn't see it mentioned yet in any of the 2.1 promo materials.

Soroc

Is 2.1 introducing the sorting mechanic on inventory and hopefully FC member lists?

Also has anyone seen any acknowledgement of adding a way to craft from retainer inventory? Instead of me running back to my retainers and sifting through their bags to see if I have the items, it will automatically just pool any items I have on me or on my retainer and let me craft away?

Aeroangel

Banned
Man I wanted to level a SCH/SMN to level 50 first, but it looks like the FC (and possibly the whole game) Is in desperate need of tanks?

I registered on the free company website and clicked on the link to learn more for the newest story, and kept getting an error =3

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have around 36k to my name. And I'm a level 50 botanist. I just suck at farming shit for hours.

Then you're a horrible botanist =D

There's 10 items alone that can make you bank, easily

Seriously if you leveled your gathering class up to 50 and can't make gil... Jesus!

Right now E. Thanalan there are 2 items that make you boatloads
In South Shroud you have 1 that every WVR longs for
Coerthas has a nice item, that can be a fast seller, you burn through stacks of it quickly on your retainer
Mor Dohna gives you the chance to grab 45 clusters of an element
Middle La Noscea gives you an item at level 50, which a lot of crafters require and top of that you have fire shard/crystals in the mix too
If you chase for the gold axe for botany, your node hit on the lvl 50 node give you so many shards/crystals, Wind Shards from South Shroud, Lightning shards/crystals from Central Thanalan, Fire shards/crystals from Middle La Noscea
You also have the 1 hour nodes that can be helpful if you keep hoarding them, then unleashing them when the market prices is just right

I think 3.5mil of my 4.5mil gil is just from Botany/Mining, I have 30+ items in rotations
If markets starts dipping I pull out, put something in its place
Hell I now mine/botany for a hour or two, put 40 retainer slots worth of stuff, then go kill mobs for their drops, while I'm killing, I see my shit selling, by the time I get back, I put up the loot I gathered, then I go mine/botany till that sells

You have to put in time & effort to make gil
Rather make slow & steady gil over time than chunks and then wait till next big hit
Sometimes gil is needed for certain things that may arise

aceface

Then you're a horrible botanist =D

There's 10 items alone that can make you bank, easily

Seriously if you leveled your gathering class up to 50 and can't make gil... Jesus!

Right now E. Thanalan there are 2 items that make you boatloads
In South Shroud you have 1 that every WVR longs for
Coerthas has a nice item, that can be a fast seller, you burn through stacks of it quickly on your retainer
Mor Dohna gives you the chance to grab 45 clusters of an element
Middle La Noscea gives you an item at level 50, which a lot of crafters require and top of that you have fire shard/crystals in the mix too
If you chase for the gold axe for botany, your node hit on the lvl 50 node give you so many shards/crystals, Wind Shards from South Shroud, Lightning shards/crystals from Central Thanalan, Fire shards/crystals from Middle La Noscea
You also have the 1 hour nodes that can be helpful if you keep hoarding them, then unleashing them when the market prices is just right

I think 3.5mil of my 4.5mil gil is just from Botany/Mining, I have 30+ items in rotations
If markets starts dipping I pull out, put something in its place
Hell I now mine/botany for a hour or two, put 40 retainer slots worth of stuff, then go kill mobs for their drops, while I'm killing, I see my shit selling, by the time I get back, I put up the loot I gathered, then I go mine/botany till that sells

You have to put in time & effort to make gil
Rather make slow & steady gil over time than chunks and then wait till next big hit
Sometimes gil is needed for certain things that may arise

Hey grave robber, my wife just got level 50 Fisher mainly cause she just enjoys fishing, any insight on what fish you can sell for good money if any?

omlet

Hey grave robber, my wife just got level 50 Fisher mainly cause she just enjoys fishing, any insight on what fish you can sell for good money if any?

Silver sharks and hammerhead sharks for shark oil. Fullmoon sardines. Fish for levequests to sell to other fishers leveling.

WolvenOne

I'd like to get back into Gathering sometime. I tried it in the Beta, and it was a nice, fun, calming distraction. Problem is that the Combat Class quests take up so much of my time, that I never feel like I can give Gathering or Crafting proper attention. XD

Maybe after our group gets Coil 1-4 onto Farm Mode. We cleared turns 2 and 3 last night, though we used an alt-strat for ADS that's a bit odd.

gatti-man

I'd like to get back into Gathering sometime. I tried it in the Beta, and it was a nice, fun, calming distraction. Problem is that the Combat Class quests take up so much of my time, that I never feel like I can give Gathering or Crafting proper attention. XD

Maybe after our group gets Coil 1-4 onto Farm Mode. We cleared turns 2 and 3 last night, though we used an alt-strat for ADS that's a bit odd.

My group can farm 1&2 but 4's last group gives us trouble.

WolvenOne

My group can farm 1&2 but 4's last group gives us trouble.

Our groups may be sliiiightly below the DPS-Check thresh-hold on that fight. We easily have enough DPS collectivly, but the fight seems to force the party to split at certain portions, and it looks like those splits may be exposing one or two members of the party whom can't keep up DPS-wise.

One of which happens to be myself, I'm sad to say. To be fair, I'm a Tank, not a DPS. Regardless, I'm a bit slow to get my groups taken care of, so it's hard for me to join back up with the main group when they need everyone dealing damage altogether.

Going to grab my Relic+1 Axe early next week though. Hopefully that will help.

Where is this forum? I don't see anything about it on neogaf.guildwork.com.

Once you have a guildwork account you need to either:

A. Link your Lodestone character to your profile

or

B. Submit an application on the 'Recruitment' page

Once added, you will gain full member access to the site.

Good lord, I spent several hours yesterday and today customizing the HUD, hotbar, and target configurations. It took me forever to figure out I could target while holding L2/R2 and pressing R1, but since I did, its much easier to control what I'm locking on to. And I got to lvl 10, so a lot has opened up. 'course, now I gotta figure out what I want to do.

Ferr986

But when you get T4 on farm mode your set will probably want to do T5 almost everyday too (atleast thats what is happening to me right now lol I dont have much time to level other classes now..)

Would love to join but I'm severely undergeared. I have a relic, an overmelded Vanya robe and...yuup, not a whole lot else. Hopefully this will change here soon

but that should be enough for Coil.

Ferr986

I though it would be a good idea to make Weaver my second 50 craft (because I have a lvl 50 Botanist). Then I saw the lvl 20 thread is made by Diremite webs.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom