• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Did SE said they would allow the making of mods for the UI of the game, or am I misremembering? In case I'm not misremembering, someone remembers when, down the road, that's supposed to become possible?

Scheduled 6months at least down the road last they talked about it.
Won't expect it till the second patch maybe.

PC

PS3 version is atrocious and you will likely get kicked from some speedruns for loading slow as shit.

Ps4 version I believe has keyboard and mouse suppport like actual pc version. So that may be best way if you're getting a ps4 anyway.

You can use your account on both pc and console.

buy pc and wait for the inevitable 9$ ps3 copy

So my PC character would transfer to the PS4 version?

I'm just thinking that if I buy a PS3 copy (for $40) that I'm going to get both the PS3 version and the PS4 version for $40.

If I don't wait for the PS4 version and jump into the PC version now ($30) then I have to buy the PC version and the PS4 version ($60). More than twice the price just for the game, plus the subscription costs.

There is definitely some misinformation being spewn about up there...
PS3 version supports KB+M. That option is available from the menu (Start button) in game.
It is impossible to be kicked from an instance for loading slow or any other reason, simply because that is not a feature that is in the game as of the time of this post.

Kokonoe

Banned
Decided to try Tam Tara.

iBaLDoOPaFAW6.jpg

About time! I love how I got 12 and he got 11. I never get high lots no matter what...lol

Torquill

So my PC character would transfer to the PS4 version?.
Short answer yes.
Long answer, no.

Don't think of it as a separate version that would require any kind of transfer. Nothing is transferred.

There is a single Final Fantasy XIV service. The service is accessible from several types of devices: PS3, PS4, PC, etc. what you're paying for is the right to access the service on that device.

studyguy

PS3 version supports KB+M. That option is available from the menu (Start button) in game.
It is impossible to be kicked from an instance for loading slow or any other reason, simply because that is not a feature that is in the game as of the time of this post.

B...but
LFG SR RELIC+1 MYTH/ALLAGAN ONLY NO... NO PS3? Farming Ifrit D:

I agree, people seem to hate on PS3 for reasons beyond necessary.
I have an FCmate in coil on PS3 doing fine.

DrDogg

PS3 FFXIV has Mouse and Keyboard Support as well. The loading isn't that slow, actually it's not slow at all.

- The KB/M support on the PS3 is not to the same extent that it is on PC. The PS4 version will be identical to PC KB/M controls.

- The zone loading is considerable slower on the PS3 version. This is fact. It's not "terrible", but I'd say there's easily at least a 5 second difference in many cases, and more when we're talking instances and things of that nature.

That said, I still prefer playing on my PS3 version (compared to PC), but that's mainly because I get music glitches and other minor issues on PC that I don't have to worry about on PS3. The PS4 version will be far superior in every way, and much closer to how the game runs on a high-end PC (if not better).

Short answer yes.
Long answer, no.

Don't think of it as a separate version that would require any kind of transfer. Nothing is transferred.

There is a single Final Fantasy XIV service. The service is accessible from several types of devices: PS3, PS4, PC, etc. what you're paying for is the right to access the service on that device.

Gotcha. That was what I was gathering from all my reading.

So basically;

If my progression path was PS3 then PS4 I'd have to buy only access to the PS3 version (and then would receive access to it FFXIV via the PS4 for free when that version released) --- $40

If my progression path was PC then PS4 (and I didn't wait for the PS4 version to come out first) then I'd have to first buy the PC version and then also buy the PS4 version. --- $90

Don't know why it took me until yesterday to do this. Tanked AK yesterday only using shield arts when adds spawned on Demon Wall and on last boss, and sword arts for everything else. Our static finished it about 10 minutes faster. Kicking myself for keeping Shield Arts on 100% of the time in all our previous runs :/

SE has detailed the specifics of the World Transfer Service. Clicky!

Thanks!

DrDogg

Gotcha. That was what I was gathering from all my reading.

So basically;

If my progression path was PS3 then PS4 I'd have to buy only access to the PS3 version (and then would receive access to it FFXIV via the PS4 for free when that version released) --- $40

If my progression path was PC then PS4 (and I didn't wait for the PS4 version to come out first) then I'd have to first buy the PC version and then also buy the PS4 version. --- $90

A couple notes... when you use the free upgrade from PS3 to PS4, you lose the ability to play on the PS3 version.

Also, it wouldn't matter if you waited for the PS4 version or not, you'd still have to buy the PC and PS4 versions of the game if you want to play on both platforms.

studyguy

Gil (3 million gil per character, 1 million gil per retainer)
* Please note that any gil exceeding the above limit will be lost.

Ouch

Well from me playing Guild Wars on PC and stuff like that, customizable keybinds is all that makes a difference, but they have that option in FFXIV PS3 aswell. So to me, it's pretty much the same experience.

Except this time it's Final Fantasy. :D

Anteater

my controller went apeshit after fighting a boss at CC but good thing my party teleported to the next zone and there were no mobs around :lol

I was like running around in circles repeatedly.

Unplugging my ds3 solved it.

DrDogg

my controller went apeshit after fighting a boss at CC but good thing my party teleported to the next zone and there were no mobs around :lol

I was like running around in circles repeatedly.

Unplugging my ds3 solved it.

This is a somewhat frequent problem for me. I'd say it happens at least once every couple of days for me. I actually just thought it was my controller, but I've been too lazy to get another.

A couple notes... when you use the free upgrade from PS3 to PS4, you lose the ability to play on the PS3 version.

Also, it wouldn't matter if you waited for the PS4 version or not, you'd still have to buy the PC and PS4 versions of the game if you want to play on both platforms.

Ok, thanks for that.

I had read that about the PS3 version becoming unusable after switching to the PS4 version.

Wasn't sure about the PC/PS4 note though.

reson8or

PC

PS3 version is atrocious and you will likely get kicked from some speedruns for loading slow as shit.

PS3 version is not atrocious stop spreading that shit. I do speed runs all the time, never had a complaint stop spreading misinformation. PS3 version has its problems, but is by no means as bad as you make it out to be.

Mileena

Banned
PS3 version is not atrocious stop spreading that shit. I do speed runs all the time, never had a complaint stop spreading misinformation. PS3 version has its problems, but is by no means as bad as you make it out to be.
Literally every Prae/CM speedrun I've done with a PS3er someone has said something about the ridiculous loading times. But congrats on never having that problem I guess? I've seen plentyt of NO PS3 in shouts for various shit too I promise I'm not making it up.

It's also a fact that the PC version is superior so there's no reason for PS3 if your PC can run it.

Am I reading the server transfer restrictions right? If you bought both the PS3 and Pc versions of the game (60 day free trial cumulative) then you are ineligible for the free transfer?

Literally every Prae/CM speedrun I've done with a PS3er someone has said something about the ridiculous loading times. But congrats on never having that problem I guess? I've seen plentyt of NO PS3 in shouts for various shit too I promise I'm not making it up.

It's also a fact that the PC version is superior so there's no reason for PS3 if your PC can run it.

I think people just have ridiculous expectations if they can't wait for people to load. Cutscenes in a speedrun is one thing, but load times is just bitching for the sake of it.

daveo42

Banned
The reactions in the FC about this news are entertaining.

My botanist has yet to hit 30, but it's a nice distraction when waiting on a group or df for a dungeon and mostly I've been clearing out the log. Even though I know some people will be upset over the news, this just makes it easier for other to at least reach cap on these jobs.

I do think that prices will, however, drop off as the market becomes flooded with higher level mats. Those at the top are lucky if they've already ground out their gathering jobs and made a good deal of money from it.

depward

Decided to try Tam Tara.

iBaLDoOPaFAW6.jpg

About time! I love how I got 12 and he got 11. I never get high lots no matter what...lol

Same thing happened with me and a Battlemage Robe drop. BLM was saying all throughout that it hasn't ever dropped for him and this is his thousandth time running. It drops. I was a WHM but do level a BLM so while everyone was like, "Nice! Congrats dude!" I rolled and won it.

Felt bad but really - can't assume that since you're the job for the specific instance it's automatically yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom