• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did Aurum Vale last night with a couple of gaffers and a random tank.

Never. Again.

I will never step foot into that hellish place again.

I think that was me (Ptolemy on Scholar). I hate that place so much, but we actually did it really well. No wipes until the final boss, and then I think we killed her with 3 of us dead and about 15% left on the summoner. It was pretty epic.

gryvan

ifPViziBF9sqZ.png
When did mira join D:

Teknoman

Am I the only one that likes to queue up to a bunch of low level story dungeons as a healer at the end of the night? If I select enough one will typically pop instantly (so I don't feel like I'm taking the spot of a healer who needs the run). They are usually easy, and I like the idea of doing a small part to help the early game to be more fun for new players. Plus the Sarg FC doesn't appear to have any low level players running the story (or if there are any, you need to speak up more!)

I know the roulette will ease some of these issues in 2.1, but honestly, doing a story Primal is super fast, and often you're saving people from some frustration.

I might do that once I hit 50 Paladin (ultros).

creid

Joined a Coil T1 PUG last night. After a few short wipes against Caduceus, we were in a situation where the split snakes rejoined, and the tank was kiting him around in a circle. When this has happened in the past, it's usually just a wipe.... but as he kept circling, we kept doing damage. As a dragoon it was fun keeping up with him, while hopping up on the platforms to stay in attack range yet out of tail swipe range. It was so much fun!
5 or 6 minutes later, he was dead, DRG pants dropped, and I out-rolled the other DRG for them. My first Allagan drop \o/

Wilsongt

I think that was me (Ptolemy on Scholar). I hate that place so much, but we actually did it really well. No wipes until the final boss, and then I think we killed her with 3 of us dead and about 15% left on the summoner. It was pretty epic.

So I was the only one left alive? I was spamming fester as fast as I could. XD

So, who is on Ultros? I'm new to the game, and I joined the GAF FC there.

Also, any tips for a level 21 THM?

Put up Thunder and then spam fire until low on mp, then spam Blizzard to gain Astral Ice to regain mp, put up Thunder again, use Transpose to switch to Astral Fire when full, soam fire until low on mp. Rinse and repeat

If anyone asks you to revive them, tell them tough luck, you can only pew pew

Sorian

Banned
So, I hit level 50 last night. I'm wearing all my class quest armor (BLM) and I am at Cape Westwind so I have 3 "raids" to do to finish the story. What do I do from here? Can I start doing WP (haven't even unlocked AK if I'm able to) or would people not want me yet? My earrings/wrists/rings really aren't optimal at all, I believe they are all in the low 40s/high 30s range.

Edit: I also have about 330 tomes of whatever was dropping from vigil, DD, aurum vale. Don't know what I should be saving those toward at the moment.

Mononoke

Banned
Damn, so it's best to wait until Level 30 before hitting a second class (because of the class bonus scaling)?

Kind of wish it was a little lower (like 20). Just because so far, I've felt classes have basically become less interesting around level 20. Would like to shake it up and expand my character. I'm only level 12 now though, so I guess I just need to grind.

So, I hit level 50 last night. I'm wearing all my class quest armor (BLM) and I am at Cape Westwind so I have 3 "raids" to do to finish the story. What do I do from here? Can I start doing WP (haven't even unlocked AK if I'm able to) or would people not want me yet? My earrings/wrists/rings really aren't optimal at all, I believe they are all in the low 40s/high 30s range.

Edit: I also have about 330 tomes of whatever was dropping from vigil, DD, aurum vale. Don't know what I should be saving those toward at the moment.

You can do WP but you can't do AK until you beat Aurum Vale and beat the story. WP is doable in AF gear but it's best you just get the story out of the way first.

The tomes you got are tomes of Philosophy, which can be used to buy i70 gear (Darklight)

Sorian

Banned
You can do WP but you can't do AK until you beat Aurum Vale and beat the story. WP is doable in AF gear but it's best you just get the story out of the way first.

The tomes you got are tomes of Philosophy, which can be used to buy i70 gear (Darklight)

Yeah, knew the bolded part, wasn't sure if I should be saving for anything in particular or just upgrade what I feel when it comes to darklight. And yeah, I plan to beat the story asap but does the story itself help me upgrade at all? I assume the relic quest will start after I beat the story?

Edit: Also, am I going to have to beat AV again to get into AK? I'd like to avoid the place if possible (though it isn't terrible)

Yeah, knew the bolded part, wasn't sure if I should be saving for anything in particular or just upgrade what I feel when it comes to darklight. And yeah, I plan to beat the story asap but does the story itself help me upgrade at all? I assume the relic quest will start after I beat the story?

Edit: Also, am I going to have to beat AV again to get into AK? I'd like to avoid the place if possible (though it isn't terrible)

You do have to save 900 philosophy tomes for your relic quest so keep that in mind. Otherwise you'll probably spend them to upgrade your equipment to Darklight

If you beat AV once, you don't have to go there again, thankfully.

Sorian

Banned
You do have to save 900 philosophy tomes for your relic quest so keep that in mind. Otherwise you'll probably spend them to upgrade your equipment to Darklight

If you beat AV once, you don't have to go there again, thankfully.

Ah, so I need 900 philo for the relic and then 900 of the other one for relic +1?

Put up Thunder and then spam fire until low on mp, then spam Blizzard to gain Astral Ice to regain mp, put up Thunder again, use Transpose to switch to Astral Fire when full, soam fire until low on mp. Rinse and repeat

If anyone asks you to revive them, tell them tough luck, you can only pew pew

That's about what I've been doing, except I leveled Archer and White Mage a bit.

So, I'm doing: Blizzard to pull, Thunder then Aero for DoT stack, Transpose, spam Fire until MP depletes, Transpose, repeat. On stronger mobs, I use the archer skill that increases damage by 20%.

Sorian

Banned
That's about what I've been doing, except I leveled Archer and White Mage a bit.

So, I'm doing: Blizzard to pull, Thunder then Aero for DoT stack, Transpose, spam Fire until MP depletes, Transpose, repeat. On stronger mobs, I use the archer skill that increases damage by 20%.

Raging Strikes and make sure to be careful if you use it in a dungeon, you will pull off of a tank who doesn't know what they are doing (and some of the tanks that do as well!).

Yup, exactly

Dat grind :p

I shouldn't complain though since it seems they are making the grind slightly easier next week.

Every DPS worth their salt should just level up Archer/BRD for Quelling Strikes so you can go crazy and not tear the mobs away from the tank.

Though it isn't as essential for SMN since our damage is mainly through dots

If you can cross class Quelling Strikes that is

Ferr986

Every DPS worth their salt should just level up Archer/BRD for Quelling Strikes so you can go crazy and not tear the mobs away from the tank.

You cant in all jobs x)

Teknoman

So Grand Company quests eventually send you to Aurum right? Because I just got one for Darkhold...and this was right after I dragged a few members down with me lol.

We won no problem of course, but still.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I think BLM/SMN only get access to it

So yeah, unless you drop your job and go the class route, then you can use it on any class

I really wanna see what happens if I do AK as GLD and not PLD... hmmm...
See if I add a huge assload of cross skills and see if I can survive lol

GraveRobberX

So Grand Company quests eventually send you to Aurum right? Because I just got one for Darkhold...and this was right after I dragged a few members down with me lol.

We won no problem of course, but still.

You talked to NPC out in from of the dungeon area before you started right....

If not, I've got some bad new for you...

=X

Also for AV, enjoy the bosses, tee hee, oh if you have SCH or SMN, my condolences

Raging Strikes and make sure to be careful if you use it in a dungeon, you will pull off of a tank who doesn't know what they are doing (and some of the tanks that do as well!).

I learned this lesson the hard way yesterday in the Copper Mines. Tank couldn't hold the boss agro. Luckily, I also have Cure. :)

I just joined my Grand Company (Maelstrom), and I'm working toward my Chocobo License now. Excite!

Resilient

Your leader doesn't have dreadlocks.

Who wants to run Dzademol Darkhold with me in like 10 hours?? And Castrum Centri? I think those are both spelt wrong. But I need em to progress with my story and hate DF!

Wilsongt

Your leader doesn't have dreadlocks.

Who wants to run Dzademol Darkhold with me in like 10 hours?? And Castrum Centri? I think those are both spelt wrong. But I need em to progress with my story and hate DF!

Castrum Centri is solo, actually.

Good look with DD. Have a good tank. That place is a bitch.

Trying to beat AV with a PLD/SCH/SMN/SMN...was ugh. We were all capable but pets really should lose debuffs once you eat a fruit.

After using Garuda like three times and Ifrit once, I realized it wasn't worth all of that effort to keep the pet alive and all. Garuda survived longer than Ifrit, but was only useful until the first set of adds. Once that was done, it became less about controlling her and more about dealing with the mobs. Spur/Rouse helped burn through the final boss' first ~25% of HP, though.

edgefusion

I've taken a few screen caps since I figured out how to do it on PS3, so I thought I'd share some of them. Got nothing better to do as it looks like I'm out of the game for the evening due to SEN maintenance.

1167477_10152028197968726_790677234_o_zpscdb73e30.jpg

I <3 you Eden

1497956_10152028199868726_1654611613_o_zpsb56afefa.jpg

Congratulations Haman, your prize is ME!

1412527_10152028201443726_869968834_o_zpsd0704de2.jpg

Umm, there's something not right about this...

1412561_10152028203633726_1604233352_o_zps52c97afe.jpg

Prellis returning to his home planet.

I thought Castrum was one of the end game 8 mans for the story?

You're thinking of Castrum Meridianum and Castrum Praetorium. Castrum Centri is an instanced solo mission.

GraveRobberX

Empire needs a better naming system.

Empire too busy chasing Primals, ain't got time for that shit

I mean Cape Westwind, am I doing an Instance or going on a retreat to Martha's Vineyard?

Also the Centri storyline is the most ridiculous quest chain ever conceived by a dev
After all that shit was done, I was like Da Fuck?

You made me do this, then that, then that other thing, then back to that, and then that was the damn payoff... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Wilsongt

Empire too busy chasing Primals, ain't got time for that shit

I mean Cape Westwind, am I doing an Instance or going on a retreat to Martha's Vineyard?

Also the Centri storyline is the most ridiculous quest chain ever conceived by a dev
After all that shit was done, I was like Da Fuck?

You made me do this, then that, then that other thing, then back to that, and then that was the damn payoff... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I thought it was fun... ._. Though, a little more direction on how to break the vanguards' shields would have been nice.

Mononoke

Banned
Silly question. I have a levequest I abandoned, and I want to remove it all together. Right now it's stuck on my active missions on my screen. Will it be there forever until I complete it?

zeitgeist

Since people were talking about relic weapons a bit earlier...

I have accepted the quest and I need to trade in a book with materia enhancements. Do I myself have to add materia to the book? I've never used Materia before so what crafting class do I need to do it? Or can I just buy the book with the right materia attached?

I have accepted the quest and I need to trade in a book with materia enhancements. Do I myself have to add materia to the book? I've never used Materia before so what crafting class do I need to do it? Or can I just buy the book with the right materia attached?

Sometimes the person who makes it might sell it with the materia attached on the market already, but most times you will have to buy/make the weapon and attach it with a specific craft. Which I think Alchemist does both books.

Pretty sure someone can do it for you.

GraveRobberX

Silly question. I have a levequest I abandoned, and I want to remove it all together. Right now it's stuck on my active missions on my screen. Will it be there forever until I complete it?

Click on said quest leve or go into journal and find it
There should be abandon and remove option, it will tell you removing it means you lose 1 leve allowance for discarding it

Nakazato

I did Aurum Vale last night with a couple of gaffers and a random tank.

Never. Again.

I will never step foot into that hellish place again.

Isamu(Drg) lol +1 that shit last night was crazy Im surprised we got it done. Now for farming tonight wanna get 1st piece of DL

Shouta

An Alchemist can meld the materia to it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom