• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I did Aurum Vale last night with a couple of gaffers and a random tank.

Never. Again.

I will never step foot into that hellish place again.

Jokes on you.

One day, you'll use the Duty Roulette, and you'll randomly be tossed straight back in. Worse yet, it'll be with a group of first timers, and a Gold Spammer.

Believe it!!

Ken

So since people are complaining I'm going to turn down the snide comments and sarcasm by 100%; hopefully this helps create a more friendly and sociable community in the Ultros FC.

zeitgeist

An Alchemist can meld the materia to it for you.

Thanks everyone. So all I would need to do is buy the materias and the book off of the Market board and suck up to an FC alchemist I guess.
Oh, and then go through the rest of the Relic weapon torture....

Clipse

A friend and I are going to be transferring to Ultros in the next day or so. Does he need to sign up on the Guildworks site also? I already have an alt in the GAF FC.

tenchir

Sosul here, I have been trying to log in for the last 30 minutes. I get 90000, 101201, 2002 and NA/UE server not loading. I am pretty sure it's not on my end, anyone having the same problem?

edit: Same thing on both PS3 and PC.

edit 2: tethering with my smartphone, it still doesn't work. Did last night maintenance borked something?

Sosul here, I have been trying to log in for the last 30 minutes. I get 90000, 101201, 2002 and NA/UE server not loading. I am pretty sure it's not on my end, anyone having the same problem?

Same here, I was logged in for about 30 minutes around an hour ago and got 90k, whenever I try and log back in it get one of those other errors on NA/EU not available.

Taruranto

k3lvLUt.jpg

Finally!

tenchir

Same here, I was logged in for about 30 minutes around an hour ago and got 90k, whenever I try and log back in it get one of those other errors on NA/EU not available.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/126348-EU-NA-Not-loading-90000-Error-101201-Error/page2

Whelp, it looks like the majority of the people having connection issue today have the same ISP in the same state. The connection problem occurred a bit over an hour ago too. It was working perfectly this weekend too.

This is Sosul here, if I can't get on today, you guys can get a sub tank. I don't know when the issue will be resolved.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/126348-EU-NA-Not-loading-90000-Error-101201-Error/page2

Whelp, it looks like the majority of the people having connection issue today have the same ISP in the same state. The connection problem occurred a bit over an hour ago too. It was working perfectly this weekend too.

This is Sosul here, if I can't get on today, you guys can get a sub tank. I don't know when the issue will be resolved.

Yeah I saw and posted in that thread, I'm in CA with TWC as well. It seemed to start around ~3:00 this afternoon. I logged in around 2:30 PM and was fine for about half an hour until I got the first 90k.

Koeta

not sure if this is a known thing, I only heard about it today myself but!

Seems you can make turn 2 really easy if you just let ADS go rage mode, I recorded video of my group doing it today, super easy win lol

ADS Easy Mode

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yo Ironcreed, you on?

I got you your stuff brah, send me a message

I'm in MD, send me a tell, I'll port to ya'

Dinner >_<

Naar

Seems you can make turn 2 really easy if you just let ADS go rage mode, I recorded video of my group doing it today, super easy win lol

ADS Easy Mode

You guys killed the node that gives ADS 75% haste and no casting of rot right? I always suggest that to people, but they dont wanna try it.

Whats the move he keeps spamming in the video? Didnt see a name for it when ADS was casting it

Aeana

You guys killed the node that gives ADS 75% haste and no casting of rot right? I always suggest that to people, but they dont wanna try it.

Whats the move he keeps spamming in the video? Didnt see a name for it when ADS was casting it

No, what they're demonstrating in that video is that when you let the countdown go down, ADS goes insane spamming a huge AoE, but the thing is that while it does this, it does NOT use things like rot, nor does it accumulate stacks on the tank. So you just have to mass heal AoE damage. In some ways, it's quite a bit easier.

Why? Haste means High Voltage casts way faster, unless your BRD are really good/lag free seems a crazy thing to do.

That easy video is cool. I don't think is viable for a lot of parties, but definetly is something devs should look into it.

ADS Easy Mode

seems like a hassle. easier and quicker to just do it normally. usually finish it before click 3

WolvenOne

I can confirm that this tactic works, but, even though it's not a cheat, I'd still practice doing it normally at least once per week. It seems likely that Square will patch this tactic out at some point, as you're obviously not meant to survive Ads going into rage.

Aeana

I can confirm that this tactic works, but, even though it's not a cheat, I'd still practice doing it normally at least once per week. It seems likely that Square will patch this tactic out at some point, as you're obviously not meant to survive Ads going into rage.

Doubt it. If they wanted you to wipe, it could be an instant insane amount of damage, like when you don't manage to kill the heart in Titan HM.

WolvenOne

Doubt it. If they wanted you to wipe, it could be an instant insane amount of damage, like when you don't manage to kill the heart in Titan HM.

Maybe, I could still picture them buffing the rage slightly, to make it long term unsurvivable. As is, with that party makeup, you can survive almost indefinitely with rage on.

Ultrabum

Whelp, I got my last piece tonight. I now have full ilvl90 monk gear.

I guess I'll start working on alts. Maybe I'll take a break for 4 months till they add new endgame content.

Naar

No, what they're demonstrating in that video is that when you let the countdown go down, ADS goes insane spamming a huge AoE, but the thing is that while it does this, it does NOT use things like rot, nor does it accumulate stacks on the tank. So you just have to mass heal AoE damage. In some ways, it's quite a bit easier.

Ok i just saw the video again and realized they went in at click 1. and at click 0 it says program commences. I thought ADS just blew up at click 0? Thats what i was led to believe anyways.

That is easier. So the only "negative" is you have to wait a few minute to engage him, then hope the healers can keep up

omlet

I am now a Monk.

I was wondering how long it would take you to see the
banananeon
light.

Ok i just saw the video again and realized they went in at click 1. and at click 0 it says program commences. I thought ADS just blew up at click 0? Thats what i was led to believe anyways.

That is easier. So the only "negative" is you have to wait a few minute to engage him, then hope the healers can keep up

We did it tonight. I healed instead of MNKing. It was hilarious and really easy. We even had a DPS dead almost the entire fight and it was still cheese mode.

Ploid 3.0

Another day at Wineport

lNSmhbD.jpg

I keep saying this, these end game camping spots in FFXIV is just like endgame camps in FFXI, only instead of waiting on a monster to spawn you are shouting for members, or camping shouts that fit you. You do crazy stuff to pass the time. For Wineport campers, they sometime go to the "It's Not Lupus" fate to see if Cancer is low manned, it's a good fight when there's few people.

Tash

Are the new primal battles a quest line to upgrade your relic, or a different weapon better than a relic? I haven't seen anything that explicitly says that, but I've read there is a weapon reward at the end of the extreme mode battles, and it would seem strange if the reward is lesser than what is the reward for the hard mode primals.

Both, they drop ilvl90 weapons but it's confirmed that the ex modes are also for the relic and story questlines.

Downside is that you can't heal a lot of HP quickly. 2 SCH Titan can be really tough on that front.

Anyway, got off my ass and finished my SCH Relic this weekend. Gave me a pretty solid boost to me Adloquiam (about 50 HP average) and got my +1 Monk pants from Myth tomes. Now I'm quite yellow, lol.

Oh yeah, I was mostly talking farming dungeon content :)
I prefer WHM/SCH on Titan.

What does ADS stand for?

Allagan Defense System
edit: beaten to the punch like a MMA newbie.

Been soloing for 5 days now and loving it. Nearly at lvl 27 and finally getting the feeling of being overwhelmed now that I start really noticing people spamming for certain events and wondering how to most effectively accomplish things now that I'm a little less focused on pushing the story foward.. Right now I'm having trouble deciding if grinding seals for the company's armor is a right move or not because I'm tired of wearing the same stuff from 4 levels prior.

Any tips for me? Should I just jeep pushing forward and hope quest rewards help me upgrade? I'm right at helping the fairy creatures in the plot and hoping a dungeon comes up soon that I can grind.

Been soloing for 5 days now and loving it. Nearly at lvl 27 and finally getting the feeling of being overwhelmed now that I start really noticing people spamming for certain events and wondering how to most effectively accomplish things now that I'm a little less focused on pushing the story foward.. Right now I'm having trouble deciding if grinding seals for the company's armor is a right move or not because I'm tired of wearing the same stuff from 4 levels prior.

Any tips for me? Should I just jeep pushing forward and hope quest rewards help me upgrade? I'm right at helping the fairy creatures in the plot and hoping a dungeon comes up soon that I can grind.

You have a dungeon coming up real soon actually, Toto Rak. Not the best dungeon to grind in but it can do if you have enough rested exp and are around that level (25)

Teknoman

Dont forget to check the market boards every so often.

Sophia

If you're running all the dungeons (mandatory and optional) and successfully completing them at least once, then the company armor probably isn't a huge upgrade. Especially for your first class who is getting supplemented by story quest rewards.

You have a dungeon coming up real soon actually, Toto Rak. Not the best dungeon to grind in but it can do if you have enough rested exp and are around that level (25)

If they're level 27, Toto-Rak should already be available to them. The next dungeon would be Haukke Manor at level 28, which comes as part of the story.

If you're running all the dungeons (mandatory and optional) and successfully completing them, then the company armor probably isn't a huge upgrade. Especially for your first class who is getting supplemented by story quest rewards.

If they're level 27, Toto-Rak should already be available to them. The next dungeon would be Haukke Manor at level 28, which comes as part of the story.

True, unless you got a little too FATE happy, it's possible to be crazy overleved for the dungeons by the time you get to them. I was at level 36 before I even entered Toto Tak

Tash

The thing is you need the right setup for this - GL healing through this with less than 3 healers and no MP song. Too much hassle and not really viable for most group imo. Also, the tank has to be on the spot with so much AoE heals - impressed he didn't lose aggro :)

WolvenOne

Got a reminder today, that Garuda HM, can be a gigantic pain in the neck. Well, to be fair, almost everyone was running as their secondary class. So they weren't as practiced at their jobs, weren't geared as well as usual, etc etc.

I know a lot of people like to call the HM primals easy, but, I think it's really easy to forget how difficult these fights can be under certain circumstances.

Khatoz

The thing is you need the right setup for this - GL healing through this with less than 3 healers and no MP song. Too much hassle and not really viable for most group imo. Also, the tank has to be on the spot with so much AoE heals - impressed he didn't lose aggro :)

Aggro shouldn't be an issue as the tank has a good lead before the aoe healing spamfest begins.

Soroc

Got a reminder today, that Garuda HM, can be a gigantic pain in the neck. Well, to be fair, almost everyone was running as their secondary class. So they weren't as practiced at their jobs, weren't geared as well as usual, etc etc.

I know a lot of people like to call the HM primals easy, but, I think it's really easy to forget how difficult these fights can be under certain circumstances.

Indeed, especially first experience, looking forward to starting them later this week!

Tash

Yeah, like when you do it the first time. Still getting annoyed if people just leave immediately or scream at new people in Titan HM. (or even worse, leave as soon as someone says: "first time".) Pisses me off that they forget they started somewhere, too. I know, I know..it's annoying if you have done it 100 times and people don't know the fight but come-on...The reason I find it cool to join Titan HM DF whenever I am bored. Granted we don't make it most of the time but people are getting excited for getting further in pugs and after all it gives them more options to practice later phases.

I don't think Aggro is an issue at that point, as, and I'm just going on memory here, it simply uses the same massive AoE attack over and over.

Ah right good point. It basically doesn't generate aggro and just uses the AoE mechanics only.

So our Coil group one-shotted Turns 1-4 for the time this week. Took us about an hour to clear the whole thing.

Then a number of us went over to Titan and proceeded to wipe 4 times before we killed him.

Titan harder than Coil confirmed.

Oh, and I know Qhon's looking forward to my next video, I'll hopefully have it ready in the next few days. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom