• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

So our Coil group one-shotted Turns 1-4 for the time this week. Took us about an hour to clear the whole thing.

Then a number of us went over to Titan and proceeded to wipe 4 times before we killed him.

Titan harder than Coil confirmed.

Oh, and I know Qhon's looking forward to my next video, I'll hopefully have it ready in the next few days. :3

LOL, seriously? tsktsk
Well, you can get a bit unlucky with bomb+landslide placement and with some weird server lag I have recently I would be totally dead on Titan with bad timing.

Also, not sure how to fix it:
Ever since I got battleping I have no delays at all any more but recently I started having proper game freezes for up to 20 seconds - chat still works totally normal and I can cast and move but everyone else doesn't move at all. Then the game speeds/catches up in high speed after that. Really annoying. Doesn't happen that often but often enough and in bad situations.

Ferr986

So our Coil group one-shotted Turns 1-4 for the time this week. Took us about an hour to clear the whole thing.

Then a number of us went over to Titan and proceeded to wipe 4 times before we killed him.

Titan harder than Coil confirmed.

The same happened to us last week... lol

btw, that video of easy mode ADS, I noticed they had 3 healers, do you need that or is just their setup? tempted to try it next week.

desu

Also, not sure how to fix it:
Ever since I got battleping I have no delays at all any more but recently I started having proper game freezes for up to 20 seconds - chat still works totally normal and I can cast and move but everyone else doesn't move at all. Then the game speeds/catches up in high speed after that. Really annoying. Doesn't happen that often but often enough and in bad situations.

I seem to have weird micro lag from time to time. Can't really nail it to anything. Had it on Divebombs and Twisters at Twintania yesterday, pretty annoying.

btw, that video of easy mode ADS, I noticed they had 3 healers, do you need that or is just their setup? tempted to try it next week.

I guess 3 is recommended due to the massive damage.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Looks like ScrewAttack has nominated ARR as "worst PS3/PS4 game of the year".

So... yeah. Video.

In the "About" section of the video it says that all nominations were decided by the ScrewAttack community or something.

So...bitter 1.0 players? Or bitter "I'm just pissed XIV is another MMO" people?

Or people who just don't know there's a difference between ARR and 1.0?

Looks like ScrewAttack has nominated ARR as "worst PS3/PS4 game of the year".

So... yeah. Video.

Really none of the choices were terrible either. Looking at the comments I see a bunch of people who have never played it voting for it because "there are too many Final Fantasies" and "heli-bikes".

Doesn't matter to me cause FFXIV is really fun and by no means the worse PS3/4 exclusive this year. On the other hand it could mean that the exclusive games were pretty strong this year and someone had to nominate something lol

Ploid 3.0

Maybe it's because they played a lot of FFXI and are not digging the focus on dungeons, and it's duty finder. It could just be that there's no Assassin class + thief job though.

Taruranto

Bb206BU.jpg

Meh.

aceface

Last night I had my first "I have no idea what I'm doing" moment in the game (first of many I'm sure :p). I'm level 38 and I keep hitting the stop sign in the story so decided to go back and do Brayflox. Bosses went fine and everything but some friendly GAF folks were trying to show me a quicker way to get through it. Apparently before the second and third bosses the tank can pull all the enemies over to the right while everyone runs into the boss room. The tank then dies and gets rezzed after the enemies deaggro. That's how I understood it anyways, I don't think I was completely getting it. Anyways, it seemed like every time I was grabbing aggro somehow as I ran by the tank even though he was still alive, no idea what was going on. I wasn't doing any heals on the way so it seemed like there was no reason I should be getting the aggro there. Anyways, got killed about 4 times trying to do it and slowed the whole run down, felt bad man.

Tash

Kinda annoyed about this tbh - it just means it's a raw dps check without really having hard mechanic rotations like Titan does.

Also, yeah, true about removing someone permanently from the fight, however, the charges and plumes look like it's impossible to raise someone. The only time you probably will be able to raise someone would be during nails.

dramatis

So since people are complaining I'm going to turn down the snide comments and sarcasm by 100%; hopefully this helps create a more friendly and sociable community in the Ultros FC.
I can't help but be suspicious, but at the same time you were quite quiet last night.

Last night I had my first "I have no idea what I'm doing" moment in the game (first of many I'm sure :p). I'm level 38 and I keep hitting the stop sign in the story so decided to go back and do Brayflox. Bosses went fine and everything but some friendly GAF folks were trying to show me a quicker way to get through it. Apparently before the second and third bosses the tank can pull all the enemies over to the right while everyone runs into the boss room. The tank then dies and gets rezzed after the enemies deaggro. That's how I understood it anyways, I don't think I was completely getting it. Anyways, it seemed like every time I was grabbing aggro somehow as I ran by the tank even though he was still alive, no idea what was going on. I wasn't doing any heals on the way so it seemed like there was no reason I should be getting the aggro there. Anyways, got killed about 4 times trying to do it and slowed the whole run down, felt bad man.
If you were scholar, it was your fairy.

Kinda annoyed about this tbh - it just means it's a raw dps check without really having hard mechanic rotations like Titan does.

Also, yeah, true about removing someone permanently from the fight, however, the charges and plumes look like it's impossible to raise someone. The only time you probably will be able to raise someone would be during nails.

well, we don't know for sure yet. There may be more to EM Ifrit than what we've seen so far. I do hope it's not just a major dps check, but I don't think there's any denying that there is a dps check in it.

She was on heel and not doing anything! Can I still get aggro in that case?

Yeah, mobs seem to hate the fairy in particular, especially if the tank isn't actively trying to build emnity. Whenever I'm trying to sneak around on SCH I will dismiss the fairy because the lag alone on her movement can cause aggro unexpectedly.

aceface

Yeah, mobs seem to hate the fairy in particular, especially if the tank isn't actively trying to build emnity. Whenever I'm trying to sneak around on SCH I will dismiss the fairy because the lag alone on her movement can cause aggro unexpectedly.

Huh, well good to know, I'll just dismiss her next time. My scholar education continues.

dramatis

She was on heel and not doing anything! Can I still get aggro in that case?
Thing about Heel, you think it means "sit and don't do anything", but actually the summon just sticks close to you and still does things. I was confused about this before when my summon was doing things even though I told it to Heel.

The command to make summon do nothing is Steady. Grabbed from reddit:
Away: Banishes (unsummons) your pet
Heel: Commands your pet to follow you and stay close
Place: Commands your pet to move to a location specified by you [ground target].
Sic: Commands your pet to attack a target
Steady [toggle]: Commands your pet to do nothing until commanded
Guard [toggle]: Toggle on to have your pet attack anything that attacks it or you, or to attack anything that you attack.
Obey: Like Sic except when commanded to attack, it will only use its base attack unless you command it to use a specific skill.

aceface

Thing about Heel, you think it means "sit and don't do anything", but actually the summon just sticks close to you and still does things. I was confused about this before when my summon was doing things even though I told it to Heel.

The command to make summon do nothing is Steady. Grabbed from reddit:

Thanks for the clarification, should have had her on steady on instead of heel.

Cmagus

I'm about ready to give up on coil at this point. Its been over a month and a half and I can't get any party or static its almost beyond hopeless at this point. Between shouting and responding for tells I just can't land anything. Like I'm so bored out of my mind I just don't get it.I think its time to sell off this character and re-roll on a different server. I'll probably have more luck there certainly not on Sargatanas.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm about ready to give up on coil at this point. Its been over a month and a half and I can't get any party or static its almost beyond hopeless at this point. Between shouting and responding for tells I just can't land anything. Like I'm so bored out of my mind I just don't get it.I think its time to sell off this character and re-roll on a different server. I'll probably have more luck there certainly not on Sargatanas.

If you can't get into a coil group, then make a coil group and start sifting though the applicants yourself.

Paprikka

So when our coil group has been trying Twintania, after the offtank body pulls and right before the main tank shield lobs Twintania, I've been getting agro for a split second despite doing absolutely nothing. I've even had Twintania smack me once or twice.

Today I saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1sjm20/
and since my last name is Amariyo it would explain it. Pretty funny if true. Anyone else have this happen? It only seems to happen on bosses since I assume they have some kind of pulse to put everyone in the room in combat.

Cmagus

If you can't get into a coil group, then make a coil group and start sifting though the applicants yourself.

Already tried that I got about 3 blm and 1 smn who was interested one was interested but not fully leveled yet and I couldn't find any tanks or healers. I've been everywhere even on the official forums joining LS that are specific for this and they all died out so fast.

So when our coil group has been trying Twintania, after the offtank body pulls and right before the main tank shield lobs Twintania, I've been getting agro for a split second despite doing absolutely nothing. I've even had Twintania smack me once or twice.

and since my last name is Amariyo it would explain it. Pretty funny if true. Anyone else have this happen? It only seems to happen on bosses since I assume they have some kind of pulse to put everyone in the room in combat.
Happens all the time in WP, but not long enough to get any hits. The king/slime walks a few steps towards one of us, then goes back to the tank in the middle.

Taruranto

Already tried that I got about 3 blm and 1 smn who was interested one was interested but not fully leveled yet and I couldn't find any tanks or healers. I've been everywhere even on the official forums joining LS that are specific for this and they all died out so fast.

Even for T1? Weird.

Had this happen quite a few times to me in WP, tank goes in first, yet the boss goes after me first even though I'm hanging back and my pet is on heel.

This is hilarious if true. So the default aggro table at the start of an encounter may be sorted alphabetically by name?

Wilsongt

In the "About" section of the video it says that all nominations were decided by the ScrewAttack community or something.

So...bitter 1.0 players? Or bitter "I'm just pissed XIV is another MMO" people?

Or people who just don't know there's a difference between ARR and 1.0?

Bitter dudebros?

pitbull

Banned

ill join your group, im sick and tired of puppy singing before every boss

nevermind we'll send him to you instead

I feel bad when I get these invites to other FCs and I have to turn them down. Currently a lvl 17 LCR and lvl 12 MRD (I'm planning to go the Dragoon route). Been mostly soloing, but I'm inching closer to lvl 20 so I figure it's about time. I'm Ty Graa on Ultros.

Meanwhile on Ultros, the GAF FC has 6 groups in Coil and some people have just formed a 7th and I think they went in for the first time yesterday.

omlet

Not sure what you're doing wrong. Red Dot has people doing coil and I see lots of groups at RT/Wineport shouting for pickup members or for members interested in forming statics. Heck, for the past three weeks I've even found pickup groups to do coil on my alt that I don't have a static for.

Ferr986

Meanwhile on Ultros, the GAF FC has 6 groups in Coil and some people have just formed a 7th and I think they went in for the first time yesterday.

Sometimes shit happens and makes joining a static really hard.
Theres like 8 Coil statics in my FC yet Im doing Coil with people outside of my FC, because the only sets that needed a melee DD were raiding in schedules I couldnt afford (due to work). It took me more than a month to finally find a static that suited my playtimes (found them by shouts).

It would be certainly easier if there was no lockout(even if they impose a lockout of looting like CT).

Unfortunately, we didn't.
Some people were busy and Dingle was nowhere to be seen.

That was sunday, actually. Unless they went in without me yesterday D:

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
No one in Ultros GAF has killed her yet either, though I hear one group is very close. Fuckin ZR had a group kill her a few weeks ago.

Our group got to the snakes phase before Mahou's internet shit out. We haven't really been spending much time in there though.

I honestly think we have the people to do it in GAF, they are just separated into different Statics.

Our FC will either have to form an "all-star" team to down TT or just wait until their respective groups are geared enough.

pitbull

Banned
Our group got to the snakes phase before Mahou's internet shit out. We haven't really been spending much time in there though.

I honestly think we have the people to do it in GAF, they are just separated into different Statics.

Our FC will either have to form an "all-star" team to down TT or just wait until their respective groups are geared enough.

for the sake of just saying gaf cleared it....but i think its more of a practice issue than a gear issue. Lets just hope qhon doesn't implode from the dbag perv withholding.

Aeana

For our group, we definitely have the gear, but it seems like every time we go in, there's some issue. Someone or another having connection problems is the most common issue.

HBroward

My group (Overdose on Goblin) killed Twintania last night for the first time, and I got the WHM Allagan Cane! You can look up my awesome boxers look I rock as a WHM, my character is Ishamael Nae'blis. We got a pretty late start in coils as our main tank didn't pick up the game until three weeks after launch, but we finally squeaked in a kill right before the patch next week. The biggest issue with the fight for us was the lag people would encounter, and the ensuing dive-bomb/twisters to the face. But fortunately most of that will be addressed next week with the server rebalancing.

omlet

My group (Overdose on Goblin) killed Twintania last night for the first time, and I got the WHM Allagan Cane! You can look up my awesome boxers look I rock as a WHM, my character is Ishamael Nae'blis. We got a pretty late start in coils as our main tank didn't pick up the game until three weeks after launch, but we finally squeaked in a kill right before the patch next week. The biggest issue with the fight for us was the lag people would encounter, and the ensuing dive-bomb/twisters to the face. But fortunately most of that will be addressed next week with the server rebalancing.

Grats. Our group is going to be in crunch mode this week/weekend trying to get a kill before patch. We're definitely overgeared for it by now, we just need to practice getting a consistently clean divebomb/snake transition and then I think we'll have it in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom