• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvash

Neo Member
Dang was hoping could finagle same housing instance as GAF FC. I don't get to play much, but thought being around GAF HQ would help motivation [like hanging round these forums got me pumped for the game at release :].

Been totally out of commission couple months because dumb mortality; doubtful my teensy FC has enough gil to buy house outright next week—and neighborhoods will surely fill fast.

Alas fellows. See you out there some way ;)

chrono01

I have 100,000 Gil ready to be donated to the housing incentive, I'm just waiting until I'm on during a time that Maple Cookie is to hand it to her. I know, it's not a lot, but I'm not a wealthy individual since I don't have my gathering/crafting classes leveled to 50 yet. Every little bit helps, though!

As for the area, I'm fine with either Limsa Lominsa or Ul'dah. I'll probably be choosing Ul'dah for myself, since that's the city I started in, so maybe I'll side towards Limsa Lominsa just for a change of scenery.

Has there been any word on how much dungeon XP is getting increased? I've been playing again, but damn there's no real reason to do dungeons outside of the story. The loot doesn't last that long and there's no good XP reward. I love the dungeons otherwise.

aceface

Has there been any word on how much dungeon XP is getting increased? I've been playing again, but damn there's no real reason to do dungeons outside of the story. The loot doesn't last that long and there's no good XP reward. I love the dungeons otherwise.

Pretty sure Yoshi P said in the last live letter that they are tripling all experience in dungeons.

HBroward

Grats. Our group is going to be in crunch mode this week/weekend trying to get a kill before patch. We're definitely overgeared for it by now, we just need to practice getting a consistently clean divebomb/snake transition and then I think we'll have it in the bag.

Thanks. Once you get to the twister phase consistently the rest is relatively easy at that point. It's mostly just positioning in the later phases, and handling the death sentences with good mitigation rotations. Good luck to you guys, it's so frustrating wiping as much as you have to to learn the fight, but the payoff is worth it. It ranks among the most rewarding kills I have had in an MMO.

BLCKATK

My Free Company (Adventure Time on Balmung) hasn't killed Twintania either and we've been at Turn 5 for about 6 weeks now. We just don't dedicate the time. We run for an hour and a half 3-4 times a week on a good week, and we've only had 2 good weeks out of the 6. Usually someone will forget to tell us that they have work, or have homework, or something comes up, and we sit around waiting for them to show up. Either they don't show or they show too late so our healer has already gone to bed. It is very frustrating. Me and several others in our static had a goal of defeating Twintania before patch 2.1, and randomly our black mage said that he was going to spend the week at this girlfriends parents and was leaving that night so were not able to get any practice in at all. So alas I will not be completing my goal. I've got the gear and I've got the mechanics down, we just waste way too much time outside of the instance so what we practice doesn't stick. I'd rather raid for 3-4 hours 2 nights a week then an hour and a half 4 nights, cause it just doesn't stick in peoples mind very well. And most of the time we have people getting tired near the end of our runs, so we only get a good hour of work and then a half hour of "man I'm too tired to do this" and "This fight is impossible". Very frustrating.

Ken

150% last I heard.

Item Box

So our Coil group one-shotted Turns 1-4 for the time this week. Took us about an hour to clear the whole thing.

Then a number of us went over to Titan and proceeded to wipe 4 times before we killed him.

Titan harder than Coil confirmed.

Oh, and I know Qhon's looking forward to my next video, I'll hopefully have it ready in the next few days. :3
damn you guys are slipping

I'll be back to carry y'all soon enough

Alucrid

Banned
Our group got to the snakes phase before Mahou's internet shit out. We haven't really been spending much time in there though.

I honestly think we have the people to do it in GAF, they are just separated into different Statics.

Our FC will either have to form an "all-star" team to down TT or just wait until their respective groups are geared enough.

Sounds good, my group is clearly holding back my potential.

dcye

I'm having real trouble finding a coil group myself, I've subbed for a few and done well (turn 4 both times) but the combination of maining DRG and being Australian puts me at a disadvantage. PUG'ing just doesn't work very well. All I want is some sweet loot you guys :(

Axe of the Luminary done. Now I just need the rod to get all the gathering class luminaries. *faints*

m6JVC7l.png

desu

We had the T5 housing item (ADS Illuminant) drop on us today, I guess it's the rarest item in the game right now. Anyone knows if it was ever sold on a server?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What's the fastest/most efficient way to level CRP from Lv. 12 on?

Logs > Lumber can be your direct route to 50

Enjoy burning through Wind Shards like no tomorrow

Can use triple turn ins also, but I haven't seen the item requirements for it

We had the T5 housing item (ADS Illuminant) drop on us today, I guess it's the rarest item in the game right now. Anyone knows if it was ever sold on a server?

Someone was selling one of those things by shouting in MD

Asking price was 450K last I remember

Synless

Any gaffers wanna help this lowly lvl.15 lancer become something great? I really have no idea what I'm doing besides solo questing.

Sophia

Any gaffers wanna help this lowly lvl.15 lancer become something great? I really have no idea what I'm doing besides solo questing.

Firstly, you should be progressing the story quest as much as possible. Many of the game's secondary features (Airship travel between cities, Owning a Chocobo, Hiring a retainer so you can post to the market, etc, etc) are all unlocked from that.Secondly, make sure you're doing your class quests. These will teach you practical skills that work in actual end-game environments, as well as in-game skills for your character to learn. Plus you get some good gear from them. Both of these have a special marker in your log that looks like a flame icon.

Lots of people opt to farm events called FATEs, which appear on the world map at random locations and allow anyone nearby to participate. You'll see them as big blue circle markers on the map should they be currently happening, and they last usually around five to fifteen minutes. Currently, it's the fastest means of XP if you travel out to a populated zone, join a FATE party, and go from one event to the other trying to complete them. But it's also arguably boring after 30 or so minutes. If you wish to level this way, Western La Noscea is in your level range (15-20) and usually has one or two parties at any given time of the date. Just do a /shout, ask for a group, and follow them around.

Lastly, if you need practice with your skills, do the Guildhests in the Duty Finder. These are designed to teach players, and you get bonus XP for doing them the first time. Eventually the story quest will require you to use the Duty finder and go into dungeons, so this is a good way to get prepared beforehand. Sadly, I don't play a lancer (yet...) so I can't give you any real class-specific advice.

Tash

The luminary tools are super bad though. Really NOT worth the effort. Not to mention there is a bug with the crafting tables and luminary tools for some crafts iirc?

The luminary tools are super bad though. Really NOT worth the effort. Not to mention there is a bug with the crafting tables and luminary tools for some crafts iirc?

Luminary tools have the same exact stats as the level 50 main hand, so I don't know where you're getting "super bad" from. It's a vanity item, and I'm fine with that.

Tash

Luminary tools have the same exact stats as the level 50 main hand, so I don't know where you're getting "super bad" from. It's a vanity item, and I'm fine with that.

For the effort they shouldn't be vanity items. They should net you something for your craft as well. It's not like Coil is giving Vanity items..
Or your relic quest giving you a vanity weapon. So yeah, super bad in context.

desu

Or your relic quest giving you a vanity weapon. So yeah, super bad in context.

Crafters/gatherers are more or less useless in the context of the game anyway (except maybe Culinarien for food). And the old reward items are nothing but a relic of the past, I suppose better stats would have been nice but it's not like you really would need better stats on them anyway.

What's the fastest/most efficient way to level CRP from Lv. 12 on?

Crafting as a service has a tool to help find leves by class:

http://craftingasaservice.com/leve#CRP|10|30|Town,Field,Courier|0|||

I focused on things I could gather or get cheap on the market place. I personally don't like doing triple leves because I don't think it's worth the material and time investment just to save on leves.

At 10 I did the Feathered Harpoon leve, at 15 the Square Ash Shield, 20 the mudstone grinding wheel, 25 the Elm Macuahuitl, 30 the Walnut Macuahuitl (which I took all the way to 40) and finished with the Cobalt Halberd to 50.

The last 2 leves are courier leves, so it involves a lot of teleporting, but if you set favorites/home points correctly you still net out positive on gil and the xp is way higher than any other leves at the same level. Plus the items aren't hard to make if you are staying up to date on your gear.

So yeah, super bad in context.

Context is relative to whatever the individual player wants out of FFXIV. Not all of us are in it to run Coil, farm tomes or play it purely as a combat and stats game. Personally, I think the prizes from the Odin FATE aren't worth my time and effort; whenever he spawns, the server makes a mad dash toward him while I continue gathering or crafting. Yet if someone finally gets enough of Odin's Mantles for an item, I'm glad for them because they got what they wanted. Even if I think something wasn't worth going after, it certainly was for them.

Valus

Finally ran Coil for the first time yesterday. Cleared T1 and got pants, woo! Sucks they look terrible with my DL gear, though. We tried T2 a number of times but couldn't clear it. The 2nd bard kept missing her High Voltage silence and the healers couldn't keep the tanks alive.

It was mostly a company run - only two people (1 tank and 1 bard) were not from the FC. Our captain who is a tank couldn't make it so we had to make due. Overall I'm a bit disappointed with Coil so far because I thought
it would be more story oriented but so far it's been nothing worthwhile. And the second turn boss looks really lame, too.

studyguy

Finally ran Coil for the first time yesterday. Cleared T1 and got pants, woo! Sucks they look terrible with my DL gear, though. We tried T2 a number of times but couldn't clear it. The 2nd bard kept missing her High Voltage silence and the healers couldn't keep the tanks alive.

It was mostly a company run - only two people (1 tank and 1 bard) were not from the FC. Our captain who is a tank couldn't make it so we had to make due. Overall I'm a bit disappointed with Coil so far because I thought
it would be more story oriented but so far it's been nothing worthwhile. And the second turn boss looks really lame, too.

Coil has a big payoff at the end, assuming you can clear Twin.

studyguy

Man, these divebombs are bananas.

Divebombs are super misleading.
By the time the icon has been on you and the sound has gone off, it's more than enough time to move up a few steps and walk back. The biggest issues I see is people rushing too far out, then coming back only to get slapped because the delay of getting into position.

By the time you see Twin hovering, you can walk back already.
That being said, it caused us a ton of problems too initially, so I completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom