• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

I didn't even know that was a thing!

.....but I don't want that necklace, holy crap that is hideous.

I just happened to stumble upon it through a different thread. lol

Oh, it's super ugly. lol I think it'd be super fun to enter, though. I bet we could come up with something super funny, and it would give us something to do as a FC. And I'm sure some people would like the exclusive necklace or whatever. Apparently, they're going to pick up to 10 FCs per world.

Aeana

So people had been saying that the FATE areas were really dead, but I didn't really believe them. I just went to Costa and joined what was seemingly the only FATE group (no competition), and I was 1 of 3 members. I guess I can't level paladin until 2.1.

Sophia

So people had been saying that the FATE areas were really dead, but I didn't really believe them. I just went to Costa and joined what was seemingly the only FATE group (no competition), and I was 1 of 3 members. I guess I can't level paladin until 2.1.

None of the FATE areas on Adamantoise are thankfully dead. There's always one or two full groups. :D

I hope we get cross-server party invites. I'd love to invite people from Ultros and do dungeon runs in 2.1....

Don't worry, Quarrymill is still populated to hell and back.

And that choker is ugly as sin.

Manu

FFXIV Official Forums said:
Greetings,

Many of you have already been commenting on the news as well as sharing the details from various sources about Akihiko Yoshida leaving Square Enix.

Don't worry, however! Even though he will be leaving Square Enix, he will still continue to work on FFXIV as usual, and you can expect the same great illustrations in the future. :D

If you're the type to shout out "pics or it didn't happen!" well... pics! Here's everyone checking out a new illustration by him. I wonder what it will be! ;)

attachment.php

Akihiko Yoshida also sketched a picture with a message to everyone. :D
attachment.php

"Thank you for your continued support <3"

Great news.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Told ya'

I run around everywhere, you get a feel of the zones, how the FATE's are and how people are rushing for them

It's better to wait till the weekend, that's when you get bodies to assist

It's the main reason why a lot of the troubles this game is having is the voids in place

Don't worry, Quarrymill is still populated to hell and back.

And that choker is ugly as sin.

That's because half of the people there are turning in level 20, 25, 30 Triple Turn-Ins like mad

The rest are at the crossroads portion of the main/side storyline + crafting/gathering 20-30 + some doing FATE's

Quarry is just the Times Square for Eorzea

WolvenOne

Getting tired of the, "servers dying," comments.

Compared to launch, yeah the populations a bit lower. But, jeeze people, at launch I was seeing half a dozen people competing over the same enemy spawns needed for quest completions. A month ago Fates finished so quickly that if you were twenty seconds behind the main rush there was an excellent chance you'd be cut out of the XP bonus entirely.

The server, if anything, was overpopulated for awhile, and now it feels like the population is about at what they initially expected. It's rare to compete for Adds, you can get to fates a little late and still get good XP, etc etc, and so on and so forth.

Now, this isn't to say that I'm entirely unconcerned with the population decreasing from those highs. A large chunk of that was inevitable though, and so long as there's a decent trickle of new incoming players the server should stay healthy.

It just seems, a bit hyperbolic, and I've recently had my fill of hyperbole. It just seems to lead to melodrama and poor decision making, and there's way too much of both of those already.

pitbull

Banned

Compared to launch, yeah the populations a bit lower. But, jeeze people, at launch I was seeing half a dozen people competing over the same enemy spawns needed for quest completions. A month ago Fates finished so quickly that if you were twenty seconds behind the main rush there was an excellent chance you'd be cut out of the XP bonus entirely.

The server, if anything, was overpopulated for awhile, and now it feels like the population is about at what they initially expected. It's rare to compete for Adds, you can get to fates a little late and still get good XP, etc etc, and so on and so forth.

Now, this isn't to say that I'm entirely unconcerned with the population decreasing from those highs. A large chunk of that was inevitable though, and so long as there's a decent trickle of new incoming players the server should stay healthy.

It just seems, a bit hyperbolic, and I've recently had my fill of hyperbole. It just seems to lead to melodrama and poor decision making, and there's way too much of both of those already.

i think ur gettin a lil paranoid tia, calm down, back away from the meth.

I was saying the server would shut down if all of gaf showed up for a video

Aeana

I'm tired of not being able to level because there are no people doing FATEs. So we're even? Go try it and report back.

frequency

I don't mean to be confrontational but...
Isn't this your first MMORPG?

Many of the people saying the servers are dying are doing so from experience and watching it happen several times over the years in many other games.

It doesn't mean the game overall is dying. Just that server populations for concurrent users are decreasing.

Many WoW servers are considered dying and that game still has like 7 million subscribers or something.

I'm tired of not being able to level because there are no people doing FATEs. So we're even? Go try it and report back.

Well, I actually just leveled my BLM from 1 to 50 over the past week, hitting 50 in the dead of night earlier this morning. I have had no problems getting from 1 to 50 during these past 8 or so days I was doing this. There weren't very many people in Aleport but it was swarming in Quarrymill, Coerthas, and Northern Thanalan. Even at 3 am PST this Wednesday morning there were still 2 full parties going at it in Northern Thanalan when I was making my final push for 50.

Now Costa has been a bit of an issue for a few months now, because of how little time you spend there after arriving from Quarrymill and before moving on to Coerthas. I actually spent a fair amount of time in my 30's farming Brayflox instead to get the Battlemage gear so I could continue on to 50 on BLM. That let me sidestep the Costa problem where for whatever reason there are fewer parties.

However I did spent about levels 28-34 in Costa before heading for Brayflox and during peak hours there was still a good sized mob of players chasing the FATEs and we had no problems zerging Cancer during those hours.

Ploid 3.0

Told ya'

I run around everywhere, you get a feel of the zones, how the FATE's are and how people are rushing for them

It's better to wait till the weekend, that's when you get bodies to assist

It's the main reason why a lot of the troubles this game is having is the voids in place

That's weird, I still get fates fine, though I'm on Excalibur. Also Fates are all I do, I don't touch endgame. Leveling monk now, logged in did the "<Fate> invite meh'" got snapped up before 2 seconds passed. The only times the numbers are very low for me is in the 3am like times. The shouts are polluted with invite requests, and party advertisements, but even more with the endgamers doing their dungeon shouts.

In the month since I started I got bard to 33, SCH to 50, War to 45, blm to 46, a few more in the 30s, taking up monk to pass more time and for the AF like war and blm. I'll still be fathing even after the dungeon buff. I prefer fates, pretty much 0 wait times, and I can stop when I want.

I usually don't bother with Costa, just stay at Quarry until 35 then move onto Cortheas.

I like to abuse Quarry leves for that lovely web rewards

Tash

Phoenix is brimming with people everywhere but someone in the FC mentioned that he saw some stats and that Phoenix is actually the most active server for whatever reason.

Oh yeah, we finally made it to T5 in coil (well finally..we switched a lot of people around in our attempts and we made a second static now which just managed to get to T5 in two weeks. Kinda proud about that :))

Also, I am a total healer loot magnet..there was not ONE single run where I joined where there was no healer loot dropping..today in T4 (did T1 to T3 yesterday) double healer loot dropped (no chest though unfortunately)

Valus

In the FC? No, because most people aren't leveling anymore. The ones that are are usually still on the main quest.

Oh I see. My FC runs 4-man alt class parties with chocobos and full fate parties as well. Sorry to hear you're having issues, hopefully it will be better next week for you.

Apoptomon

So Ultros-GAF, gonna jump in or skip out on an opportunity for blatant self promotion even if the reward is bleh and our recruitment policy is rather closed?

On FATEs, I was doing a few low level ones in Central and South Shroud zones last night and there were only a few other people there besides, but I thought that might be more a function of the time of day. That said is does feel like the starting zones only really have through-traffic now (and the same can be said for the cities too, outside the marketplaces).

Re 2.1, the new activities (beast tribes, treasure hunts), they give tomes, right? I do hardly any WP/AK as it is ( I get like 140 myth/week), partly perhaps due to timezones meaning that when I'm all "yeah!" others are more "bleh", but some variety in tome farming (other than running the same dungeons however many times over) would be nice.

WolvenOne

Did it a few days ago, wasn't difficult. There are two places I can go for level 40 Fates, if one was underpopulated at a given moment, I just ported to the other and usually found a fair number of people running Fates.

I don't mean to be confrontational but...
Isn't this your first MMORPG?

Many of the people saying the servers are dying are doing so from experience and watching it happen several times over the years in many other games.

It doesn't mean the game overall is dying. Just that server populations for concurrent users are decreasing.

Many WoW servers are considered dying and that game still has like 7 million subscribers or something.

Yes, I realize that. However, when people casually throw around comments like, "Games dead, lol!" that has repercussions. I've come across people who considered picking up this title, that didn't because, "I heard it was dying," or repeating some other overly dramatic statement I've heard casually thrown about a dozen times before.

Basically, having concerns is okay, but they should be discussed rationally, so that people overhearing these statements can make rational decisions.

klee123

Yeah I'm in Adamantoise and the only populated Fate areas are Quarrymill, Dragonhead and Processing Plant.

It really makes leveling your sub classes a pain. I seriously can't wait for the 2.1 patch in this regard.

Sophia

Yeah I'm in Adamantoise and the only populated Fate areas are Quarrymill, Dragonhead and Processing Plant.

It really makes leveling your sub classes a pain. I seriously can't wait for the 2.1 patch in this regard.

I'm on Adamantoise and know first hand you're wrong about this. Costa del Sol was lit up with players doing FATEs just a few hours ago. There were at least three groups (counting my own.)

Screenshot. Note the chat log.

WolvenOne

Something else I feel inclined to point out, some area's seem to be especially high in Fates that don't need large numbers to complete. The Hawthorne Hut area fates for example, there tend to be fairly few "Boss," style fates, and I've tackled almost all of the Add heavy Fates with 2-3 people.

It feels like, at some point they introduced a feature to scale the number of adds to the number of people in an area. Though, I admit, that could just be my imagination. The one downside to this, is that the Fates take a little longer to complete, and you won't get as much XP, since fewer adds are spawning.

Aeana

Did it a few days ago, wasn't difficult. There are two places I can go for level 40 Fates, if one was underpopulated at a given moment, I just ported to the other and usually found a fair number of people running Fates.

It's been well-established that the high end FATEs are still populated, for now. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

klee123

I'm on Adamantoise and know first hand you're wrong about this. Costa del Sol was lit up with players doing FATEs just a few hours ago. There were at least three groups (counting my own.)

Screenshot. Note the chat log.

I suppose it doesn't help that my time zone is completely opposite to the US and EU players I guess. When I get on, it's pretty much way past midnight in the US.

Sophia

I suppose it doesn't help that my time zone is completely opposite to the US and EU players I guess. When I get on, it's pretty much the middle of the night for the US.

Yeah. If you're playing at like 4 AM Eastern, it's only natural that most zones would be dead.

Even still tho, Adamantoise is a European server, so it's never completely dead. The most populated zones always have players.

FATEs aren't a good measure of server player count anyhow. Just a loose measure of how many players are at the level cap. Personally, I'm probably not going to touch FATEs again after 2.1. Dungeons are much more enjoyable, and I get near instant queues as I only play tanks and healers usually. Or I have guildmates.

klee123

Yeah. If you're playing at like 4 AM Eastern, it's only natural that most zones would be dead.

Even still tho, Adamantoise is a European server, so it's never completely dead. The most populated zones always have players.

FATEs aren't a good measure of server player count anyhow. Just a loose measure of how many players are at the level cap. Personally, I'm probably not going to touch FATEs again after 2.1 Dungeons are much more enjoyable, and I get near instant queues as I only play tanks and healers usually. Or I have guildmates.

Yeah I really got sick and tired of grinding fates from lvl 40-50 as a PLD.

I agree dungeons are much more enjoyable and it really helps being a tank. I pretty much never have to wait for a dungeon. I plan to get to get my WHM to 50 asap as well so I guess we're in the same boat.

gatti-man

I was just doing Fates at midnight last night. To complete them all you need is 1 other person usually. Haven't had any issues lvl 1-25.

WolvenOne

It's been well-established that the high end FATEs are still populated, for now. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

Okay, well if you're talking about areas where it's been established fates are still alive.

Quarrymill 20-30.

Dragonhead 30-40.

Mor Dhona - North Thanalan 40-50.

So, you have active, frequently highly populated Fate Areas, for every level from 20 to 30. I will admit that 15-20 is underpopulated, but that's probably because for levels before 15, Your Hunting Log is just about as effective as running Fates. This is especially true between 1-10, when you have a XP Boosting Hat equipped. You can level up in fairly short order just shooting random mobs, under those conditions.

Costa, is definitely less populated then it used to be. However, I stopped running there, because it was annoying to have to constantly warp between Wineport and Costa, to effectively farm Fates in that region. I presume a lot of people avoid it for the same reason.

WolvenOne

FATEs aren't a good measure of server player count anyhow. Just a loose measure of how many players are at the level cap. Personally, I'm probably not going to touch FATEs again after 2.1. Dungeons are much more enjoyable, and I get near instant queues as I only play tanks and healers usually. Or I have guildmates.

I'll probably run Fates from time to time, but they'll be for instances when I'm within 2-3 Fates of leveling up, after running a dungeon. I actually do like Fates, but only when the population of people running them matches the Fates general difficulty level.

Sophia

I'll probably run Fates from time to time, but they'll be for instances when I'm within 2-3 Fates of leveling up, after running a dungeon. I actually do like Fates, but only when the population of people running them matches the Fates general difficulty level.

Heh. I like trying to solo boss FATEs. It's not fast, but if I start tanking it and say that I am, other players will come for E-Z XP. :D

suzu

Hopefully the patch brings back some people and the dungeon exp helps. I'd like to level another class or two (only have 1 lvl 50).

WolvenOne

Heh. I like trying to solo boss FATEs. It's not fast, but if I start tanking it and say that I am, other players will come for E-Z XP. :D

That's happened a couple times with me. Though I few times it didn't work out, usually in am amusing manner.

I remember once, only getting one other person while I Solo tanked the Golem Boss Fate near Camp Tranquil. It was a healer, and together we got within maybe a minute of taking down that Boss, when said healers MP finally exhausted out. XD

Sophia

That's happened a couple times with me. Though I few times it didn't work out, usually in am amusing manner.

I remember once, only getting one other person while I Solo tanked the Golem Boss Fate near Camp Tranquil. It was a healer, and together we got within maybe a minute of taking down that Boss, when said healers MP finally exhausted out. XD

I play a Paladin, so I can usually survive forever. Problem is I can't kill most of them before the time limit runs out. (Yay tank DPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom