• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on Sargatanas and have had no issues finding FATEs when I need them.

Just last week I was able to take conjurer 1-34 using FATEs. It was also done entirely during the week.

Teknoman

Yeah I think its just a random occurrence when you have high, mid, and low pop for fates. I've even had people show up to fates right outside of Ul'dah when running around for screenshots.

dcye

I'm not sure I believe them 100% with this dungeon xp buff. Won't it break the main storyline for anybody new? They'll be crazy overlevelled for everything, one dungeon will be as much xp as if you've been fating for 45 minutes to an hour. That will unbalance the story, won't it? Unless the xp buff is only for people who've completed the main storyline.

Ken

I'm not sure I believe them 100% with this dungeon xp buff. Won't it break the main storyline for anybody new? They'll be crazy overlevelled for everything, one dungeon will be as much xp as if you've been fating for 45 minutes to an hour. That will unbalance the story, won't it? Unless the xp buff is only for people who've completed the main storyline.

Level sync?

kierwynn

It syncs you down for everything, plus there are several spots where you don't necessarily have enough quests and what not to get you to the next main story line level. I did the majority of my main story at level 50 (I hit 50 whm while I was still on Totorak story wise) and it was never really an issue. Just meant I didn't have to wait to start any quests.

WolvenOne

Its kinda impossible to be over level really. The game will synch your level downward if you're too high for an instance or dungeon. Equipment is synced too, though not quite as completely.

I'm still not certain how they handle equipment, but dungeons definitely are a little easier with high level equipment. Not so much that you can't wipe though.

But bluefog was in pretty bad shape too
I saw like only 1-2 non full parties last night
Gorgimera became so impossible to win we all just gave up

There's a safe spot you can stand for Gorgi which trivializes him in much the same way as the Dhorne Chimera.

We killed Gorgi with just 15 people in the dead of night. It took forever because he has a billion HP but it was pretty easy.

Sophia

There's a safe spot you can stand for Gorgi which trivializes him in much the same way as the Dhorne Chimera.

We killed Gorgi with just 15 people in the dead of night. It took forever because he has a billion HP but it was pretty easy.

Gorgimera would be insanely easy if players didn't panic when they get aggro. It's not a hard fight; It just becomes one if the enemy is flying all over the place and you can never DPS from his side safely.

It's been well-established that the high end FATEs are still populated, for now. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

I was able to get into a costa fate group about a couple weeks ago on ultros, but that was during the day so I can't really comment at other times. Costa did seem more dead than the other places, but quarrymill and wineport seemed pretty okay.

Tabris

So I got to the section in the story where you need to party (Salastana I believe). Tried Duty Finder for a half an hour. I'll try again when I have more time tomorrow or weekend, but sounds like this may be annoying until that random duty feature in 2.1.

I'm at 19 GLA, 13 CJN, 12 PUG, 12 MAR

Question - When I get 30 GLA 15 CJN, and go for the Paladin quest, does Paladin reset to level 1 or is it just 30 PLD from GLA? I'm just curious, because if so, I'll sell my equipment.

dcye

Its kinda impossible to be over level really. The game will synch your level downward if you're too high for an instance or dungeon. Equipment is synced too, though not quite as completely.

I'm still not certain how they handle equipment, but dungeons definitely are a little easier with high level equipment. Not so much that you can't wipe though.

I know they sync down, and that its still possible to wipe, but eh I dunno. Have you guys run a mid-game dungeon (Haukke or Bray or something) with a fully higher level party? Ive been doing it lately to learn how to play my WAR better and honestly its god mode. Maybe that's just because we know how to play now compared to when I first went in but it just feels so ridiculously easy.

LowParry

Can WARs pick up Mantras from Monks as a cross skill? I'm dabbling around with the idea of leveling a WAR and saw this up on a few guides. Also for the Gladiator side, how far into level should I get to? 34 for Awareness?

Can WARs pick up Mantras from Monks as a cross skill? I'm dabbling around with the idea of leveling a WAR and saw this up on a few guides. Also for the Gladiator side, how far into level should I get to? 34 for Awareness?

Mantra sucks if you're not a MNK.

The WAR should get Flash and Provoke from GLD. If he wants to get Awareness he can but until they fix the bug where Awareness also prevents heals from critting on you, it's not the best skill you can cross-class.

Reduced Rates is the official FC buff for Ultrosgaf

and red haired kitties are da best

I'm fond of blonde kitties myself but I wouldn't say no to a dark-haired one.

Tabris

Man I gotta say it's a bit weird starting off an MMO so far behind everyone else. You kind of had that with FFXI but it was just the JP groups that were so far ahead.

I'm doing and talking about all the noob stuff and for everyone else that's a year old.

Gorgimera would be insanely easy if players didn't panic when they get aggro. It's not a hard fight; It just becomes one if the enemy is flying all over the place and you can never DPS from his side safely.

Also BRDs can just kite in back and forth until a tank can get him. Two hits will kill you most of the time, but if he has run for a while right when he gets to you he will stop to do an aoe, letting you change directions easily.

dcye

The same freak out stuff happens with Odin, every idiot kites him and no one can hit him or take back aggro and it fails most of the time. Its so dumb, just take the hit and get a rez ffs, its the only way you'll actually get a reward for fighting him.

Nakazato

So I got to the section in the story where you need to party (Salastana I believe). Tried Duty Finder for a half an hour. I'll try again when I have more time tomorrow or weekend, but sounds like this may be annoying until that random duty feature in 2.1.

I'm at 19 GLA, 13 CJN, 12 PUG, 12 MAR

Question - When I get 30 GLA 15 CJN, and go for the Paladin quest, does Paladin reset to level 1 or is it just 30 PLD from GLA? I'm just curious, because if so, I'll sell my equipment.

Nope pld will be 30

Teknoman

I wish there was a hard mode of Sastasha for 2.1. I love beating up the pirates.

Yeah it sucks that you dont really get to see too much of Sahagin tribe either.

I was at the end of a damned dungeon crawl. just a sliver of health on the Bosses life bar. BOOTED TO START SCREEN. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ouch...reminds me of red connection in XI. My condolences.

That or Amdapor Keep

I could see that.

smashism

Been playing for a couple days with my roommate. Any interest in the GAF clan picking us up? So far I am loving this game, the pacing is perfect for my playstyle.

Edit: Whoops, were on Ultros. My username is Samah Shism.

Luigi87

Yeesh, a friend of mine who started a day before me just over a week ago (but plays on JP servs due to location) has certainly powered through this a lot more than I. I'm only 16 LNC still (and have yet to do the first dungeon, though I think I'm about to accept the quest for it) and only dabbled in fishing and culinary. Meanwhile she's already 30 Arcanist, 20 Conjurer 38 Scholar, and several 20+ in various crafts @_@ -- good to see she's enjoying it, but yikes.

Tabris

Been playing for a couple days with my roommate. Any interest in the GAF clan picking us up? So far I am loving this game, the pacing is perfect for my playstyle.

Edit: Whoops, were on Ultros. My username is Samah Shism.

What level are you? I'm playing a tank and play during afternoons right now. If you're around level 20~ we should join up. Character name Riou Midgard

Sophia

One thing that would probably help with FATEs would be if they adjusted what constitutes as contributing. I just jumped into a boss FATE and tanked it the whole way while another group DPS'd it down. I got silver, and they got gold. Go figure.

Aeana

One thing that would probably help with FATEs would be if they adjusted what constitutes as contributing. I just jumped into a boss FATE and tanked it the whole way while another group DPS'd it down. I got silver, and they got gold. Go figure.
I can't wait until I don't have to do FATEs anymore. I guess it's possible that the stuff in 2.1 still won't beat FATEs, but as long as it's close, I'm so done with them.

Sophia

I can't wait until I don't have to do FATEs anymore. I guess it's possible that the stuff in 2.1 still won't beat FATEs, but as long as it's close, I'm so done with them.

I don't have any general problem with the idea with FATEs, but they run into the same problems as the world events in Guild Wars 2 did. They're not all that challenging nor a good way to learn your character. Plus they tend to discourage proper party mechanics once more than two full parties are in an area.

LowParry

Mantra sucks if you're not a MNK.

The WAR should get Flash and Provoke from GLD. If he wants to get Awareness he can but until they fix the bug where Awareness also prevents heals from critting on you, it's not the best skill you can cross-class.

Thank you for the info. This makes leveling the GLD much more tolerable this week :D

Dark, upload that picture you took lol.

Yeah, this was some weird shit. So, first I see Kagari flashing black and white. I go over, and get a closer look...

LY0EWMt.jpg

Then all of a sudden, she decides to move, and...

Man if you guys need dungeon help in the early afternoon or the afternoon in general, just pester the overly chatty crimson haired kitty on Ultrosgaf.

smashism

Just put up an app on http://neogaf.guildwork.com/ on the recruitment tab and someone will invite you. List of the officers and leaders names are also listed there iirc.

Cool. We both applied just now.

What level are you? I'm playing a tank and play during afternoons right now. If you're around level 20~ we should join up. Character name Riou Midgard

Maybe, if we get to twenty tonight. Both of us just hit 15. Kind of excited to get to the first dungeon.

Well, SE finally gave what a lot of us were asking for, Titan's theme lyrics. AlphaDragoon (Ren) was browsing a few minutes ago and found the official lyrics from the Japanese side of the site:

"Under the Weight"

(Part 1)

Wrought from the rock that stands upon old
With heart of black and a stare that's cold

Cold are the hands that grasp at your soul
'Fore the graves are dug and the death knells toll.

Tempered in the flows of the mountain's core
Where the rage runs red twixt shore and shore

Shorn from the world 'neath the blazing sun
Bound to the dark, for the light I shun

Bow down overdweller (under the weight)
Bow down overdweller (in hell I wait)

Succumb to the hate that corrupts your fate

(Part 2)

Into the dark of an endless night
Where the pulse of the land offers no respite

In spite of the blood that was spilled before
You whet your blades, you thirst for more

Now kneel overdweller, your lord commands
There's no salvation for the sons of man

The skies will tremble and the earth will quake
From the crumbling walls no one escapes

Bow down overdweller (in hell I wait)

I'll drag you right down to the seventh gate

chrono01

Well, SE finally gave what a lot of us were asking for, Titan's theme lyrics. AlphaDragoon (Ren) was browsing a few minutes ago and found the official lyrics from the Japanese side of the site:
I can hear the song in my head as I read these lyrics.

I think I've run HM Titan too much. No, NOT ENOUGH! I have EX Titan to look forward to this coming Monday. >:)

WolvenOne

I can hear the song in my head as I read these lyrics.

I think I've run HM Titan too much. No, NOT ENOUGH! I have EX Titan to look forward to this coming Monday. >:)

Assuming you can immediately run it, that is. We don't yet know how much story quest there is between EX Titan and where we're at. Plus there's EX Garuda, which seems to come first.

Noi

Just about to finish The Eyes Have It with a small group (rezz'in people left and right) when my PS3 freezes with only a sliver left. If I didn't just recently get a haircut I'd be yanking my hair out.

I'm never gonna get the achievement for it. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom