• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

And now I'm running Tam-Tara with a pug...
Holy crap this is a nightmare. A tank and a healer that seem to be trying to play like they're DPS, so the tank is never holding aggro, and the heals... aren't.

I know its late, but if you still need a tank I can jump on real quick.

Hang on to that materia. The lower level stuff is important for over melding. You probably already know, but that's when you meld more materia than the gear has slots. Each piece of gear has a limit of how much of a particular stat can be added. A lot of people start out with a level IV materia in the first slot, maxing out the particular stat the gear has the capacity for, then use the lower level materia for slots 3, 4, & 5. Two reasons they do this, because they may be close to maxing out the stat and only need 1-2 points to cap it, and because failure rates go up for the extra slots and you would go broke trying to fill those later slots with expensive materia.

Actually I had no idea you could overmeld an item, so im glad i've hung onto all that extra stuff now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
IActually I had no idea you could overmeld an item, so im glad i've hung onto all that extra stuff now.

Well materia is really beneficial only in end game scenarios

Gear you wear through leveling gets trumped within 2-4 levels, most of the time dungeon gear + gc gear can take any job to 50

Materia really matters on the ilvl70 crafted gear or crafting/gathering sets
Don't forget that most materia is just slotted into the guaranteed slot on militia+ gear and converted into IV's, you can get trolled lovely though

GraveRobberX

It's alright. I might try again in a little while.
Think I'm gonna go watch an hour of LotR: Fellowship of the Ring to cool my mind x_x

I'll be logging in 30 minutes

Send me a tell if I'm available, can come on PLD with myth gear or my 35 WAR
If you need pew pew can come on BLM

GraveRobberX

How do you level from 8-15?

From which area?

If Ul'dah, go near Horizon and keep killing Peistes till 11, then move to the pond area and stay there till 15
Nice FATEs pop in those areas and are very solo friendly

Gridania = East Shroud

Limsa = Middle + Western La Noscea

Ken

From which area?

If Ul'dah, go near Horizon and keep killing Peistes till 11, then move to the pond area and stay there till 15
Nice FATEs pop in those areas and are very solo friendly

Gridania = East Shroud

Limsa = Middle + Western La Noscea

Thanks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm glad CT is around the corner because this Darklight business must be stopped.

Is9AaUW.png

Really? This is for Monks? >=(

Ploid 3.0

The subligar shaming in high level and endgame gear continues. What is with SE and subligar? They are supposed to make people want the high end gear. Doing it wrong.

It's alright. I might try again in a little while.
Think I'm gonna go watch an hour of LotR: Fellowship of the Ring to cool my mind x_x

If you still need anyone to fill in more spots, I can do DPS, tank or healing. I'm not in the GAF FC, but I'm on Ultros and I like running random people through dungeons when they need it. Remi'to Erra is my character's name, so send a tell or friend request if you feel up for anything. :)

Sophia

That feeling when you successfully tank Dzemael Darkhold against max level players fully geared out, and then find out afterwords that you didn't have Shield Oath on. >_>;

Tabris

Asides from the dungeons, is there anything else you need to party for within the story / class quests / normal quests?

Luigi87

After a third attempt managed to finally run Tam-Tara in a pug.
Lost healer at the start, but pressed on as a 3-man, and the Arcanist in the party just obliterated (well, Topaz Carbuncle tanked for tank)

Yondy604

Banned
Not sure if you guys heard, but I have indeed quit the game.

I do plan to buy another copy when it comes out on the PS4 and return

And now I'm running Tam-Tara with a pug...
Holy crap this is a nightmare. A tank and a healer that seem to be trying to play like they're DPS, so the tank is never holding aggro, and the heals... aren't.

Edit: And we gave up. ... I just... I don't even

LTTP(ost), the first time I tried Sastasha I ended up in a pug with no tank at all, so my LNC self was drawing all the aggro. Didn't take long for that attempt to crash and burn. For Tam-Tara and Copperbell, I gave the duty finder another try and got lucky. Each of the pug I got were darn efficient. Dungeons can be mega fun if you have the right party.

omlet

Mission accomplished! Turn 5 beaten before 2.1!

Man, what a rush. This fight is great (when you're doing it with people who can mechanics) even if it did just eat like 20 more hours of my life this week.

dcye

GAF,

I'm thinking about transferring to Ultros. Things on my server have taken a turn for the dramatic with some of my friends all emotional at each other, one having already transferred to Moogle. These guys were my main reason for wanting to stay with my server and I feel kind of slighted by it all.

I did want to know though, what are my chances of getting a Coil group in the FC? Ive been frozen out of them in my current FC due to poor communication and management, and am desperate to find a static or somewhat static. I main a DRG, which I know aren't super desirable, so that's why I ask. Any feedback would be appreciated. In terms of raid times, unless you started raiding at midnight Eastern I can usually make it. I live in Australia I play primarily during the day and after work, which are 5pm-12am EST and 6am-11am EST respectively.

How do you level from 8-15?

If you want to be lazy, go to Aleport and join a FATE party.

Aleport tends to be pretty dead except during peak hours though.

Mission accomplished! Turn 5 beaten before 2.1!

Man, what a rush. This fight is great (when you're doing it with people who can mechanics) even if it did just eat like 20 more hours of my life this week.

Why did you cover the names of your party members?

So I haven't been keeping up with any 2.1 news. Does anyone know if YoshiP has said anything about resetting your chocobos ability points? I'm not even close, but I want my white mage choco barding and I messed up by putting a point in the dps tree.

Tabris

I think I'm getting the hang of tanking. Got my macros set up. I'm able to manage multiple mobs and switch easily. And I'm not losing hate.

dramatis

GAF,

I'm thinking about transferring to Ultros. Things on my server have taken a turn for the dramatic with some of my friends all emotional at each other, one having already transferred to Moogle. These guys were my main reason for wanting to stay with my server and I feel kind of slighted by it all.

I did want to know though, what are my chances of getting a Coil group in the FC? Ive been frozen out of them in my current FC due to poor communication and management, and am desperate to find a static or somewhat static. I main a DRG, which I know aren't super desirable, so that's why I ask. Any feedback would be appreciated. In terms of raid times, unless you started raiding at midnight Eastern I can usually make it. I live in Australia I play primarily during the day and after work, which are 5pm-12am EST and 6am-11am EST respectively.
If you can transfer to Ultros, I'm sure the FC would welcome you. There are a few people who finally feel geared enough to try Coil (there's a new group this week) and sometimes other people need subbers, so it shouldn't be too hard to get a group together if you are patient.

Thoraxes

omg

Hildibrand Returns
In an effort to unravel the mystery of Dalamud, the esteemed Hildibrand—agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire—was thrust to the heavens, never to be seen again. Carrying on the great detective's legacy, Nashu Mhakaracca works tirelessly to unravel the many mysteries which beleaguer Eorzea. With taverns throughout Ul’dah abuzz with talk of unusual zombie activity, her powers of deduction will soon be tested.

Hildibrand Manderville
If ever there was a crime to be solved, Hildibrand would surely be there to crack the case. Perhaps the greatest case of his time was Dalamud, and the prophecy foretelling its descent. Believing himself a hero of destiny, Hildibrand did bravely propel himself into the moon's path, but, alas, was never heard from again.

Nashu Mhakaracca
Nashu was Hildibrand’s faithful assistant up until his disappearance five years ago. Today, she carries on in the gentleman hero’s stead, offering the people of Eorzea her sleuthing services.
s1dMTQX.gif

Maybe i'm late, maybe i'm not, but it's new news to me dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom