• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might take about an hour for the patch notes to go up since they cut it close getting it ready for today. Translation teams still working on it right now. Hahaha.

Kyari

It is somewhat disheartening that housing prices are going to be what they are. As a small FC on a legacy server it's probably going to take us quite some time to even afford a small plot of land.

Sophia

Four million gil doesn't seem like a whole lot to be honest. Easily afforadable if you've got a few guildmates who know how to play the market and craft. I know my guild was expecting much higher and we're not exactly a big guild. >.<;

kierwynn

I need those patch notes so I can go back to sleep. I'm so sleepy... but I must know my fate!
I don't think I'll be able to silence anything in coil today lol

Caelestis

During the Vita showing YoshiP sure loved to jump a lot. xD

Not sure how I feel about the prices on housing. Lately it felt like making money is on par with pulling teeth in this game. Too many people I guess are in save money mode right now.

Mupod

Thought this was interesting in the PVP article:
When registering alone or with a premade party, team composition must adhere to the requirements of one tank, one healer, and two DPS.

So no 4 BLM teams I guess, thank god. I really hope they did something about melee classes though because if they didn't we're never gonna be able to hit anybody.

Seems like there's gonna be separate brackets for soloers and groups of up to 3, and another for 4 man full teams. I'd imagine rewards for the 4 man will be greater, otherwise everyone will just try to pubstomp with groups of 3.

Kinda funny and lame that it hides your name during the match. Guess they want to rein in the impending storm of butthurt.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
-Bug: classes other than Dragoon could jump. This has been fixed.
-Bards: Can no longer do damage. Any attempt to use their relic results in a cacophony of tortured music, and a lecture from a wandering Carpenter on how to craft a real bow.
-Black Mages; BLMs could triple cast Flare. This was not intended; nothing was supposed to survive one Flare. This has been fixed.

Munba

Marriage areas and carriage

51e09ed94af36080bcbfa913448bb1ad.jpg

fa4825a1a21c0236fd5a35019ea302c6.jpg

995fe77aa2f4a932228bbee3daea3fbf.jpg

Misc

6826b57515d7ead529d523520ad10943.jpg

569a7c7f709265f2f9a76d4e50e4edcb.jpg

b8ee419c9866ea1da93552f5db7af812.jpg

Sophia

Nice. If a treasure hunt requires more than one player, anyone who you bring along gets their share of the rewards. :D

Those marriage areas look really pretty.... I wonder if anyone would marry me in game~! Probably not. >_>;

PVP looks way more interesting than I initially thought. Not something to spend all day doing but it will be a nice distraction.

Beast Tribe quests are basically daily quests and the rewards look pretty good. :D

Sorian

Banned
Preview articles are coming up.

Wolves Den.
Treasure Hunt.
Beast Tribe Quests

I must admit, I like the sound of the Beast Tribe Quests. Sure, they're effectively dailies, but they award XP/Gil/Tomes and basically seem to be a more dynamic endless version of the Hunting Log.

Good, this game needed dailies :p

-Bug: classes other than Dragoon could jump. This has been fixed.
-Bards: Can no longer do damage. Any attempt to use their relic results in a cacophony of tortured music, and a lecture from a wandering Carpenter on how to craft a real bow.
-Black Mages; BLMs could triple cast Flare. This was not intended; nothing was supposed to survive one Flare. This has been fixed.

I like you.

Luigi87

Okay stupid question time: So I was wondering, as I progress my first class, should I bother accepting Levesquests, or primarily focus on continuing the story?

Sorian

Banned
Okay stupid question time: So I was wondering, as I progress my first class, should I bother accepting Levesquests, or primarily focus on continuing the story?

I would just do the story and any other quests in the area that are around the same level. I usually sat in a dungeon que at the same time so I ran my fair share of dungeons but just doing regular quests that were availiable, I was always a level or two above the story and I didn't actually have to grind out any levels to catch up to the story until 47.

Luigi87

I would just do the story and any other quests in the area that are around the same level. I usually sat in a dungeon que at the same time so I ran my fair share of dungeons but just doing regular quests that were availiable, I was always a level or two above the story and I didn't actually have to grind out any levels to catch up to the story until 47.

Righty-o. Thanks.

desu

You can see some new weapons in the trailer, the ones they're using while fighting ifrit etc must be the extreme primal weapons. The axe looks pretty cool.

So nothing in the live letter? Saw someone saying they had shown them, that's why I thought someone might have screencapped them.

Bonus EXP awarded for handing in HQ items for tradecraft leves has been decreased.

Looks like capping all of my DoH/DoL last month was the right choice after all.

Ploid 3.0

Bonus EXP awarded for handing in HQ items for tradecraft leves has been decreased.

Looks like capping all of my DoH/DoL last month was the right choice after all.

Well I'm owned, doubt I could make progress in these in a week. I probably wouldn't have crafted anyway.

We need 125,000,000 for a first class, large land plot on Ultros. OUCH!

We can probably gather enough for a medium soon, but maybe we should hold out for price drops on the large plots?

Sorian

Banned
I mean, If someone were to copy and paste the novel into the thread, I certainly wouldn't mind (work computer blocks the final fantasy website).

In other news, since I was reading up above, would I assume that the extreme primal weapons will be better than relic +1?

We need 125,000,000 for a first class, large land plot on Ultros. OUCH!

We can probably gather enough for a medium soon, but maybe we should hold out for price drops on the large plots?

well the plus side would be im not sure how many FC's are going to have that kind of gil up front, so I think devaluation is definitely going to come into play pretty quick.

Alucrid

Banned
Holy shit at those DRG/MNK changes.

LOL rain of death nerf.

NOOO HOLY NERF. :(

Virus nerf, can't reapply until after 60 sec. wut

Nakazato

wow at the Blood for blood and the IR nerfs

I mean WTF. Tell us your going to help out drg and mnk then nerf the 2 best options to get good damage.... ughhhhh

Ploid 3.0

Man so many nerfs and tweaks. Thunder can't be used by anyone else anymore. Dang, sucks for SMNs that used it in their rotations, and some SCH. I actually used it. Less dots.

Croyles

So for Bards:

Blood for Blood is now 10% instead of 20% extra damage, unless you have the Enhanced one which obviously only dragoons can get.

Shadowbind recast is now 40 seconds instead of 12.

Hawks Eye is better than before - 15% extra DEX and all shots guaranteed to hit

Rain of Death - no longer -10% damage, changed to -10% evasion.

Haha and here I was worrying. This is nothing really. I honestly thought they were going to get rid of Blood for Blood and Invigorate all together for Bard.
Worst one is actually Rain of Death as opposed to Blood for Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom