• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIzana

GAF, any chance there are some GIF's showcasing the environments or Eorzea kinda like the ones found for Monolith Soft's "X" or The Witcher 3 floating around?

Tried checking around the net on various places but had no such luck... also, being at work for another 3 hours doesn't help much. Not able to do that with my time. Please help, GAF! =)

Finally watching the credits roll on XIV.

I never thought I'd see the day where I "finish" XIV in any shape or form. A few years ago I would have laughed at the idea of coming back to this game.

Great finale and played through with a really cool party of super nice JP folks. Now I can finally start the hard mode stuff and get better gear.

Sophia

As much as a trainwreck as it was, I kinda wish I had played 1.0 and not merely stopped at the beta. Watching footage of the original game is interesting. How things are so similar and yet there's a world of difference in quality.

Ferr986

Yoshi's logic of Legacy people being rich is unfair.

He's saying cheapest house in the cheapest world is 4millions, if im not mistaken...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wow. They are kind of punishing Legacy players on this housing/land thing huh? Doubly punishing their friends who were not legacy who rolled/transferred over to play with their friends. Our little FC on Excalibur has no shot.

Aeana

Yoshi's logic of Legacy people being rich is unfair.

He's saying cheapest house in the cheapest world is 4millions, if im not mistaken...
It's based on real data they gathered from world economies. Besides, housing is for free companies only right now, so it isn't individual wealth that matters. In aggregate, an FC on a legacy world should have more money.
And it isn't like poorer FCs have no shot, because the price decays over time.

Kintaro

It's based on real data they gathered from world economies. Besides, housing is for free companies only right now, so it isn't individual wealth that matters. In aggregate, an FC on a legacy world should have more money.

Yeaahhhhhhh we'll see. Would love to see that data and how much gil sellers influenced economies to this day.

Aeana

Yeaahhhhhhh we'll see. Would love to see that data and how much gil sellers influenced economies to this day.
Going by the price they mentioned, 4 million, probably not much? Our FC on a nonlegacy world has managed to raise over 20 million for housing, and I think a lot of people in the FC have several million on them.

Ferr986

Having more gil circulating on a Legacy server just means that rich people are richer, but theres also new players with not much money or even poor Legacy players.
For example, my FC is on a Legacy server but theres a lot of new players.

I know prices will decay over time but I guess it will take some long time because the demand will be really high and theres people with tons of money who can afford anything.

I guess what Yoshi really wants to do here is take some big money from the richest people. Theres probably a lot of people with insane amounts of money right now.

Kintaro

Going by the price they mentioned, 4 million, probably not much? Our FC on a nonlegacy world has managed to raise over 20 million for housing, and I think a lot of people in the FC have several million on them.

4 million for the smallest plot on the cheapest worlds. Ultros won't be cheap. It's one of the most popular non legecy servers. Now imagine the most popular legacy server which will be a bump over that. =/ Now imagine a poor 8 person FC guild. =( lol

Aeana

Having more gil circulating on a Legacy server just means that rich people are richer, but theres also new players with not much money or even poor Legacy players.
For example, my FC is on a Legacy server but theres a lot of new players.

I know prices will decay over time but I guess it will take some long time because the demand will be really high and theres people with tons of money who can afford anything.

I guess what Yoshi really wants to do here is take some big money from the richest people. Theres probably a lot of people with insane amounts of money right now.
Right, and pulling money out of the economy is a very good thing so we can avoid FF11 circa 2006 levels of inflation.
That said, he said legacy prices are about double nonlegacy so it doesn't sound Iike it'll put a major dent in what some people on legacy servers have.

Rize_21

So PVP ARR GAF... arena team formations? Anyone want to join my PLD? :D

Sure,I'll be playing with my scholar(and maybe monk,if the shoulder tackle skill is fixed),I'm so pumped about it,do we know if we'll have to repair our stuff?
I've burned most of my gils with a ton of(unsuccessful) df titan hm.

edgefusion

Holy god damn! I think I can rule out ever being able to afford a house then since I've never seen over 200K. Even 4 million, which I doubt Ultros will get, seems totally unobtainable to me.

Aeana

Holy god damn! I think I can rule out ever being able to afford a house then since I've never seen over 200K. Even 4 million, which I doubt Ultros will get, seems totally unobtainable to me.
But you don't have to afford it on your own. It's FC housing.

UrSuLeTzU

Dark times in Titan HM.

j1gLe85YgWigY.png

Grimm jumping naked into the fiery pit becuz no Titan shield...

Ultros GAF has gathered 34063000 Gil(so far) for housing and about 15 primal and coil housing mats xD.

It seems like latency will be an issue in things like EM Primals on Vita due to the networking architecture but most other things should be fine. I bet it looks gorgeous on that OLED.

Kintaro

Huh... wasn't the DX11 upgrade supposed to hit with the PS4 version? Or was that later? Wish someone would ask that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom