• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden use for DET is doing more damage to hold hate off us monks who will be stealing hate from you.

Shield Oath has already incrased enmity, MNK will never see their enmity bars reach to the end!

・Hotbars that are called by simultaneously holding LT + RT, or L2 + R2, can now be registered.
These hotbars can be set by selecting the Expanded Hold Controls option on the Cross tab of the Hotbar Settings menu found within Character Configuration.

The following changes have been made to gamepad/controller controls:
You can now scroll through the enmity list using LB/L1 + up/down on the direction buttons.
You can now scroll through the alliance list using LB/L1 + right/left on the direction buttons.

tumblr_lgw75f67ex1qbaam8.gif

Yep, DF is full of idiots and it's already bad enough to wait 30 mins for a extreme bad group that you might just have to leave with a 30min penalty ...

Works both ways to be honest.

Now tanks that don't get a group that meet their elitish bs criteria will think twice.

Or maybe the'll just fake d/c....

WolvenOne

Storm's Path does what RoD did before (not AoE though), just bring a WAR instead of 2 BRD :)

Oh, I'd forgotten about that particular buff. It's probably going to take several days to fully adjust my gameplay strats to all the various changes made to WAR. XD

Still going to miss Inner Beast Leech though.

Sorian

Banned
Works both ways to be honest.

Now tanks that don't get a group that meet their elitish bs criteria will think twice.

Or maybe the'll just fake d/c....

I've never gotten this but, then again, I don't DF level 50 content, I either wait for a guild group or form one myself in Rev.

I've never gotten this but, then again, I don't DF level 50 content, I either wait for a guild group or form one myself in Rev.

Well, you don't even need DF to see shit like "Oh, we wiped and we'll take 4 more min to complete WP! N00BS I'm leaving".

I got shitty groups that I wished I could leave after a while. But is a necessary evil.

wrongway

Holy nerf? LB generation nerf? AK difficulty and myth nerf? dafuq?

And Blood for Blood cross-class nerf? Welp... guess I'll continue not leveling my lancer. :x

At least I got monk buffs :D

Ala Alba

25% Lustrate is nice, too bad about the virus nerf, though. Pet changes look good, too.

Blizzard II was also nerfed, and now cross-classed instead of Thunder. Not sure how I feel about that. As a BLM, guess it just means using Freeze for Umbral filler during AOE casts. As a SCH, I guess it means I'll be replacing Thunder with Stoneskin.

Holy nerf? LB generation nerf? AK difficulty and myth nerf? dafuq?

And Blood for Blood cross-class nerf? Welp... guess I'll continue not leveling my lancer. :x

At least I got monk buffs :D

- With the noticiable buff on melee classes is a Holy nerf that bad?

- Now that there are more way to obtain myth AK can serve it's main purpose: getting new gear for AF duders without getting shouted for being "undergeared".

- 10% might not be much, but still worth as a cross class.

I want to try my DRG in 2.1, I think MNK got the upper hand is buff, but we'll see. Hope I can use it more.

25% Lustrate is nice, too bad about the virus nerf, though.

Blizzard II was also nerfed, and now cross-classed instead of Thunder. Not sure how I feel about that. As a BLM, guess it just means using Freeze for Umbral filler during AOE casts. As a SCH, I guess it means I'll be replacing Thunder with Stoneskin.

Everyone and his mother spamming Blizzard II on FATE. That's bad.

Jayhawk

I remember reading that AK gear would get nerfed, I see no mention in the patch notes. All I see is the reduced amount of myth tomes and fewer trash mobs.

Teknoman

Yay for sort action, screenshots during cutscenes, and company chest deposit/withdrawal log.

Lots of other changes are looking good, and would be nice if the PVP items ended up being useful.

TheWriter

FC house prices are sick. 300/600 million for the biggest one, depending on the Legacy servers. How many rockefeller players do Legacy servers have?

WolvenOne

Well, AK is now considered a, "Fresh 50," Dungeon, like WP. The dungeons meant to offer greater challenge now are Pharos Sirous (sp?) Haukke Manor HM, and Copperbell Mine HM.

Kinda curious which one of the new (or newish) Dungeons is going to be the most difficult.

Sorian

Banned
Well, AK is now considered a, "Fresh 50," Dungeon, like WP. The dungeons meant to offer greater challenge now are Pharos Sirous (sp?) Haukke Manor HM, and Copperbell Mine HM.

Kinda curious which one of the new (or newish) Dungeons is going to be the most difficult.

I'm banking on Haukke being the one that they tune too hard accidently.

Tabris

The following changes have been made to gamepad/controller controls:
You can now scroll through the enmity list using LB/L1 + up/down on the direction buttons.
You can now scroll through the alliance list using LB/L1 + right/left on the direction buttons.

There goes my targeting challenges on PS3. Now my only issue is draw rate.

Teknoman

So im still a little unclear on houses. Free Companies buy a plot of land, and can have an estate hall (which is pretty much like clan halls in FFXII i'm guessing), but do we also get personal homes on our FC plot of land?

TheWriter

So im still a little unclear on houses. Free Companies buy a plot of land, and can have an estate hall (which is pretty much like clan halls in FFXII i'm guessing), but do we also get personal homes on our FC plot of land?

No, as of 2.1, it's just FC, no private housing at all. Unless you make a FC for yourself and have the gil to buy a house alone.

Ala Alba

Also nice: Focus Target using the target submenu, which allows people on PS3 and controller-using pc-gamers to actually use Focus Target.

No mention of Flare nerfs, though?

WolvenOne

I approve of the 30 Minute DF lockout.

I pug a lot, to help out lower level players, and honestly I think a lot of the so-called bad players, are simply without a FC, or are otherwise stuck in a small or dysfunctional free company.

I've been in a lot of pug groups that improved, simply with a little patience, encouragement, and communication. So anything that's going to encourage any of these things, gets my instant approval.

Tabris

If you mean in fates, the fate targets now have the highest priority in 2.1 so should appear first.

Nah, just in general. The draw rates affect the following:

1) Immersion. You run into a building and it's completely empty until the characters draw.
2) Fates, but looks like that's fixed.
3) Large Alliances - Crystal Tower / Coil?. I haven't experienced this but I heard it's the case.

Number #1 is an issue for me as I'm exploring new areas and such. I may need to re-explore again when PS4 version comes out.

WolvenOne

I'm banking on Haukke being the one that they tune too hard accidently.

I suspect you're right, Pharos, "might," be the most difficult, but the mechanics they showed in the preview for HM Haukke, make it look like a very very involved dungeon, which potentially makes it really difficult.

scosher

Thunder no longer being a cross-class skill is a pretty sizable nerf to SMN. Especially sucks since SMN's have tridisaster and really don't need Blizzard 2.

WolvenOne

Wow, Beast Tribe Quests look like they could be a major time sink in and of themselves. They honestly sound more involving then what I suspected.

Teknoman

I was hoping those beast tribe quests would let you know more about the other side of Eorzea. There should definitely be some friendly factions after what happened with the Primals.

Wish the items were more than just minions, mounts, and furniture.

Sorian

Banned
I approve of the 30 Minute DF lockout.

I pug a lot, to help out lower level players, and honestly I think a lot of the so-called bad players, are simply without a FC, or are otherwise stuck in a small or dysfunctional free company.

I've been in a lot of pug groups that improved, simply with a little patience, encouragement, and communication. So anything that's going to encourage any of these things, gets my instant approval.

Until you get someone who doesn't bother to read what you say (these people exist). Oh well, I was willing to just wait out 15min but I guess I'll have to alt+f4 if that situation arises again (unless that instills a lock-out as well, in which case, thats ass if you have to wait a half hour just because your internet stuttered for a little too long).

WolvenOne

Bad news on Wanders Towers.

Regardless of whether you try to Need, Greed, or an item Defaults to you, it sounds like you are indeed hard locked at 1 Item per week.

It sounds like the offshot may be that, each chest is going to carry an unusually large amount of items, so there's an excellent chance you'll actually see the item you want in any given CT run.

That's not a big deal for me, since I mostly have lvl90 gear already, and don't have any lvl50 Non Tank classes yet. It just means that I'll either focus on the Tank gear to have as a cosmetic set come 2.2 (when they'll likely remove the cap,) or I'll start collecting DPS gear for the class I intend to level next.

It'll be a huge deal to completionists, but, again they'll probably remove that cap in future revisions, and make it easily farmable.

WolvenOne

Has there always been item level requirements for higher areas, or is that new too?

I think that's new. That said, completing the main story and your Class Quests will get you most the way to averaging 48 already. You might need to buy some newer jewelry if you haven't replaced it in awhile, but other then that, the requirement looks easy peasy.

WolvenOne

Slight disappointment!

The Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane 61 or above

I was hopeful that it'd go, Moggle Mog <----EM Primals, <--HM Ultima Weapon.

Instead its.

Moggle Mog <---- HM Ultima Weapon <-- EM Primals.

That's hardly the end of the world, but to me it seemed like Ultima would've been an excellent choice to act as 2.1's Twintania until 2.2 hit. That's probably a little unreasonable, given that these fights can be accessed immediately via Duty Finder, but still.

I just hope EM Ifrit can keep dem hardcore groups occupied for awhile. XD

WolvenOne

Going to start patch day or next weekend.
Is Ultros somewhat populated at low-mid levels ?

There's usually a decent number of people leveling sub-classes at any given time. It won't really matter what server you pick though, since using the Duty Finder to get into dungeons means you'll be placed with people from numerous different servers.

Tash

Besides the stupid WHM changes and making SCH even more powerful:

Allagan Circlet of Healing
Before: MND+18, VIT+18, Determination+15, PIE+11
After: MND+18, VIT+18, PIE+16, Critical Hit Rate+15

GG SE - now non of the ilevel90 head pieces available to a WHM have determination.

Also:
When multiple characters are playing the same class/job in a party, the gauge for level 2 and level 3 limit breaks will now fill more slowly than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom