• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Huh.

125,000,000gil for a Large 1st Class plot on Ultros.

Dang, here I was thinking the 35Mil odd Gil we'd saved for Housing was going to be more than enough to secure the best spots. Granted, if OUR FC doesn't have that much money laying around, chances are others won't either.

So, I guess we'll be waiting a few days for one of those large 1st class plots to come down in price?

Sorian

Banned
Huh.

Dang, here I was thinking the 35Mil odd Gil we'd saved for Housing was going to be more than enough to secure the best spots. Granted, if OUR FC doesn't have that much money laying around, chances are others won't either.

So, I guess we'll be waiting a few days for one of those large 1st class plots to come down in price?

I hate that I'm so poor, would have liked to contribute.

Huh.

We just go rob the rich

I just checked the Japanese patch notes and it says the price drops 0.14% per 6 hours and not 14%. There is a typo in the NA patch notes. It really will take 90 days to reach 50% of the original price. :(

Should we just aim for the first class, medium size or wait it out? If we wait, patch 2.2 will be out by the time we can afford the large one.

We just go rob the rich

You'll have to pry my
from my cold dead little hands.

I just checked the Japanese patch notes and it says the price drops 0.14% per 6 hours and not 14%. There is a typo in the NA patch notes. It really will take 90 days to reach 50% of the original price. :(

Should we just aim for the first class, medium size or wait it out? If we wait, patch 2.2 will be out by the time we can afford the large one.

We'll if Xelios hadn't been slacking the past few weeks he could have made us that 100 million by now!

Ferr986

Huh.

Take into acount the prices will go down for a maximum of 50%, and thats after 90 days.
It was something like 0,20% decrease every 6 hours or so, if Im not mistaken.

WolvenOne

Take into acount the prices will go down for a maximum of 50%, and thats after 90 days.
It was something like 0,20% decrease every 6 hours or so, if Im not mistaken.

Ah, North American release notes had a typo it seems.

Well this is actually a good thing, since it'll give us a few weeks to survey the lots and try to come to a semi-general consensus on which lot we'd like to go after. It also gives people a larger window to contribute, meaning that more people can share in dat, "sense of ownership."

Though, I just tried counting up the donations, and started losing track around 36mil Gil. That was less then halfway through the list, so I think we have at least 40 million to use at this point.

Hopefully some good farm items become available as of 2.1, because it'll take forever for me to contribute again if all I have are Phil Tomes and Materia to work with.

yaffi

I just registered on Ultros GAF's website. Am I supposed to contact the officers myself to get an invite (if possible)?

Name's Chi'ka Rah.

edit: No, wait. I actually have to fill out an application. Nevermind.

edit2: And done.

WolvenOne

How likely is it that Phil Tomes are going to go back up in price after the patch hits? Do we know how many of the PVP items and furnishings require them?

Khatoz

How likely is it that Phil Tomes are going to go back up in price after the patch hits? Do we know how many of the PVP items and furnishings require them?

No idea, we would have to wait for someone to get a hold of the patch and datamine that information.

Now if you want to take the risk, I think the prices of the tomes items are at 10k each, so in case there's even just a couple of furniture's that use it, then it might be worth it to invest in them as the price is likely to go up.

But there's always the risk that:

a) No new items use them.
b) There's new items that use them, but nobody really wants them.

WolvenOne

No idea, we would have to wait for someone to get a hold of the patch and datamine that information.

Now if you want to take the risk, I think the prices of the tomes items are at 10k each, so in case there's even just a couple of furniture's that use it, then it might be worth it to invest in them as the price is likely to go up.

But there's always the risk that:

a) No new items use them.
b) There's new items that use them, but nobody really wants them.

Well, I think in the short term I'll just cap my Phil tomes, then form a battle plan Monday, when presumably the patch will be data-mined. As is, with Phil Mats at their current price, I'd have to run WP 12 times to make 100K.

It's a fine price if I just want to keep up on teleport and repair fees, but not if I want to make another significant FC housing contribution in fairly short order.

Edit: I'm assuming, that even if no new items use the existing Phil Tome Mats, new Phil Tome mats are likely to be made available that can be used for such crafting. They have to do something to expand use of Phil Tomes after all, since for many players their potential use is being exhausted, and they're a major part of the end-game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
<Looks at the housing plot list>

And all my hype is gone. All it tells me if that I better save like a mother fucker for personal housing.

Wow ok, what's the deal with nerfing Qarn, the most fun of the leveling dungeons?

And people don't realize that nerfing Rain of Death doesn't hurt the BRD, it hurts the tanks in the party. Lots of parties used RoD to reduce tank damage taken, and that's gone now. It's effectively a difficulty increase in endgame encounters for everybody.

MMMMONSTRKIL and TheJollyCorner, check your application status! Need your full character name before we can accept.

I just registered on Ultros GAF's website. Am I supposed to contact the officers myself to get an invite (if possible)?

Name's Chi'ka Rah.

edit: No, wait. I actually have to fill out an application. Nevermind.

edit2: And done.

Accepted and invite sent!

Wow ok, what's the deal with nerfing Qarn, the most fun of the leveling dungeons?

And people don't realize that nerfing Rain of Death doesn't hurt the BRD, it hurts the tanks in the party. Lots of parties used RoD to reduce tank damage taken, and that's gone now. It's effectively a difficulty increase in endgame encounters for everybody.

I thought the damage reduction effect from RoD is now going to be supplied by WAR tanks, or did I read that wrong?

Maybe all of the new ways to get gil will boost our housing funds exponentially!

I'm not holding my breath lol :(

Apparently they added the damage reduction ability to warriors, along with the slower limit breaks when you stack jobs (dual pld, etc.) maybe we'll see more people welcoming warrior tanks.

Ferr986

with the RoD and Virus nerf, I wonder how we will hold against Twintania...

WolvenOne

<Looks at the housing plot list>

And all my hype is gone. All it tells me if that I better save like a mother fucker for personal housing.

Personally I'm hopeful Personal Housing hits in 2.2, though I think I heard somewhere that it was more a 2.3 thing.

Still, I can hope! I'd love to get my own little personal place to decorate up.

Sophia

Heh, some guilds are holding pre-patch celebrations at the Amphitheater on Adamantoise.

ffxiv_12142013_163759eqkxh.jpg

Correct. I spent over 150+ days worth of playtime into FFXI and swore I would never play an MMO again. When I found out this game is very solo friendly or quick hour or 2 hour events is when I took a break from that promise.

1-2 hours was considered a waste of time in a party in FFXI and it was more like 3+ hours required every time (not including the waiting time looking for a party.

Yeah, like I said, I'm envious. So jaded from many mmorpgs that have come out and were better since FF11 that I find it harder and harder to enjoy ones like this game.

I think I'm getting the hang of tanking. Got my macros set up. I'm able to manage multiple mobs and switch easily. And I'm not losing hate.

Just don't macro multiple skills together. The wait command always rounds off to the next full number so you end up losing time you could be using skills. It's good for things like marking targets or announcing certain actions to the group, but not to automize skill usage.

They're 'adjusting' Final Sting from the bees so this dungeon could get more annoying. Watch Final Sting hit everyone in the party now.

I thought the damage reduction effect from RoD is now going to be supplied by WAR tanks, or did I read that wrong?

I'm looking at the patch notes and the 10% reduction in damage taken is from Storm's Path which is a single target attack combo. So unlike RoD which reduced damage taken from all mobs in an AoE, it's single target and therefore only useful for the WAR himself who is tanking whatever it is he is tanking.

In a situation where I have to circle-kite around 3 Clockworks in Turn 4, unless I stop and perform the Storm's Path combo on each Clockwork in turn, I won't get the same effective bonus as I did when the BRD just put a single RoD on the group. Stopping is not advisable while circle-kiting the Clockworks in Turn 4, for people who don't OT that fight. I have a video which I'll post later after I'm done reading these patch notes.

They also nerfed Virus, which parties used to reduce damage taken by the tank from bosses. Now after Virus wears off the enemy is 'immune' from another Virus for 60 seconds.

Wow, they increased the item level for Titan HM's drops to 80. People now have a reason to farm Titan HM to get weapons for their alts.

Shit just got real.

zeitgeist

I can't believe they made Lustrate even better. I always felt like it was OP as a SCH. Cool to hear about the Blizzard 2 thing but too bad about Thunder.

So for the hot bars, right now we have it so L2 and R2 have separate commands but now there will be a third set of commands if we press L2 and R2? That sounds awesome if I read it right.

I would have loved to been able to edit pet command bars since it makes total sense to have Spur and Rouse on the Pet Bar instead of the main ones.

WolvenOne

Wow, they increased the item level for Titan HM's drops to 80. People now have a reason to farm Titan HM to get weapons for their alts.

Shit just got real.

Oh sweet, that means as of Tuesday I'll automatically have a lvl80 shield for my PLD. Still stuck with a lvl55 Sword though, really hope the Ifrit Sword drops soon. :p

A lot of really nice QoL improvements from the looks of it. Item Sort is the big one, but stuff like right click in chat log to Blacklist gilsillers and camera no longer automatically zooms in close and refuses to zoom out again when obstructed are things which are really, really nice and long awaited.

Halving the potency of Blizzard II kind of sucks. I really came to appreciate Blizzard II while I was farming the apkallus for their eggs, it made doing it on BLM really easy and not a waste of time and effort.

WolvenOne

So, I need a gather job to both earn some Gil, and to have a shot at getting those Treasure Maps.

I've pretty much ruled out Botonist for now, because I spent so much time in the Black Shroud already, between the main game and the two Beta phases I participated in.

I think I'd enjoy Fishing more, but, is it a job that earns you any real decent Gil?

Edit: Yes I know, each job takes you everywhere eventually. But you still tend to spend a lot of time where you started out, until you've leveled up to a certain point.

LowParry

I can't believe they made Lustrate even better. I always felt like it was OP as a SCH. Cool to hear about the Blizzard 2 thing but too bad about Thunder.

I don't think the Lustrate is that big of a deal.

HOWEVER!

The faerie Selene will now use Fey Light when set to Sic.

That is a big deal :D Meaning less managing on keeping cycles up with Selene and more on healing with her and yourself.

Also:

When set to Obey and Steady, pets will only execute actions when commanded, and will remain in the Steady stance.

If that's what I think that means, I will get to choose what abilities I want for Eos to go out without having to stop her from blowing her load with everything at once.

Edit: And I think the biggest take away from 2.1 is this

Players will no longer lose the effects of food items upon being incapacitated.

Thank youuuuuu!

So, I need a gather job to both earn some Gil, and to have a shot at getting those Treasure Maps.

I've pretty much ruled out Botonist for now, because I spent so much time in the Black Shroud already, between the main game and the two Beta phases I participated in.

I think I'd enjoy Fishing more, but, is it a job that earns you any real decent Gil?

Edit: Yes I know, each job takes you everywhere eventually. But you still tend to spend a lot of time where you started out, until you've leveled up to a certain point.

Suck up that catboy pride and level BTN/MIN. They can net you decent gil. FSH isn't as easy to earn gil in.

Sorian

Banned
Darn, Miner it is then. Though I will level Fisherman eventually. Fishing has a special spot in my heart, because childhood nostalgia.

I think it has been the universal sentiment that fishing has been way easier to level up than MIN/BTN which probably causes the level 50 fishing stuff to be cheaper.

Sophia

&#12539;Hotbars that are called by simultaneously holding LT + RT, or L2 + R2, can now be registered.

&#12539;If the XHB control setting is set to "Toggle," XHB will become inactrivae when the new window pops.

&#12539;You can now scroll through the enmity list using LB/L1 + up/down on the direction buttons.

Holy crap. GAME CHANGERS O_O

My controller is feeling the love....

Bootshine Potency has been increased from 130 to 150.
True Strike Delivering the attack from behind will no longer increase critical hit chance, but will instead deliver an attack with a potency of 190.
Internal Release Critical hit rate increase has been reduced from 20% to 10%. However, this change does not affect benefits granted by the trait Enhanced Internal Release.
Twin Snakes Increased damage duration has been extended from 12 to 15 seconds.
Demolish In addition to dealing damage over time, now delivers an attack with a potency of 30. 70 potency when attacking from behind.
Greased Lightning Damage bonus has been increased from 7% to 9%.
Greased Lightning II Damage bonus has been increased from 14% to 18%.
Greased Lightning III Damage bonus has been increased from 21% to 27%.
Shoulder Tackle Recast time has been reduced from 90 to 30 seconds.
One Ilm Punch Potency has been increased from 80 to 120.

Heavy Thrust Increased damage when attacking from a target's flank has been increased from 10% to 15%.
Phlebotomize Potency of the damage over time effect has been increased from 20 to 25.
Blood for Blood Damage bonus has been reduced from 20% to 10%. However, this change does not affect benefits granted by the trait Enhanced Blood for Blood.
Chaos Thrust Potency when used as a combo action has been increased from 160 to 200. Potency of damage over time effect has been increased from 20 to 30.
Jump The animation has been changed, and the animation lock shortened.
Spineshatter Dive The animation has been changed, and the animation lock shortened.
Power Surge Recast time has been reduced from 90 to 60 seconds.
Dragonfire Dive The animation has been changed, and the animation lock shortened.

I'm okay with this.

Oh and one more thing that was missed from the JP forums/changelog:

Full Thrust is now 330 potency. :D

2.1 is gonna be a happy day for DRG and MNK.

Sophia

Oh, hadn't noticed those before. Hmm, I have a pretty good set-up now, so this might not change things much for me. Still, I can think of a few small uses for this sort of thing.

I can think of an immediate use as a tank. Mainly, Chocobo, Cover, and cross-class abilities that I can't fit into the main bar but don't want on another set.

WolvenOne

I can think of an immediate use as a tank. Mainly, Chocobo and cross-class abilities that I can't fit into the main bar but don't want on another set.

Well, I mostly just click through cross bars, keeping most of them identical save for rotations, which are all set to RT+Face Buttons. CDs are set to my keyboard, because I only need them occasionally.

I haven't bothered with Chocobo skillz yet. I just don't see much point in leveling them up as of yet.

Sophia

Well, I mostly just click through cross bars, keeping most of them identical save for rotations, which are all set to RT+Face Buttons. CDs are set to my keyboard, because I only need them occasionally.

I haven't bothered with Chocobo skillz yet. I just don't see much point in leveling them up as of yet.

I was actually talking about mounting a chocobo, lol, not their skills. :p

Paprikka

Glad to see they're buffing battlecraft leves. Extra XP for completion, bonuses, and having the armory bonus apply means they should be nice for filling in the gaps while waiting on a dungeon queue.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I may be blind but I don't see any changes to the Myth cap in these notes. Did they change their mind?

Edit; As soon as I post, I saw it. NVM!

WolvenOne

I was actually talking about mounting a chocobo, lol, not their skills. :p

I have a fourth Cross Bar I can click to, that only appears when I don't have my weapon drawn. That Crossbar has my Mount, Run, and a bunch of commonly used Emotes.

I might switch that CB to L+R Bumper, but that's the only use I can think of so far. I'll likely be able to think of more uses later though.

adixon

Holy nerf :/

They also say they're changing the visual effects on Holy and Shadow Flare. If they mess up Holy's effect I want a full refund.

The maximum number of statuses that can be inflicted upon notorious monsters and dungeon bosses has been raised to 60.

YES. So good for summoners, this is the one thing I've always complained about... so tired of not doing damage on big fate bosses. Crystal Tower would have probably been completely unplayable with the old cap -- maybe they noticed in playtesting.

hahahahahahahahahaha.... That lustrate buff is so random. I'll take it.

/petaction(/pac) -- This is going to be really, really, really nice.

And they even fixed those unruly, capricious fairies? Basically, pets seem potentially fixed now. All praise SE!

There are some weird changes which will affect summoners, though:

The lack of cross class skills from Thaumaturge always seemed like a fairly dumb omission while I was leveling up all the casting classes (aside from quickcast of course, the best cross skill in the game). When I saw they were making bliz 2 cross class, I thought they were finally fixing this. But it seems instead of adding a new Thaumaturge cross class skill, they've simply taken out thunder and added in nerfed bliz 2 to compensate. Taking out thunder is a pretty nasty nerf to summoners, I would think. That's like -25% dot damage, isn't it?

The changes to virus are bad for scholar/summoner parties as well (or anyone cross-classing virus). You already had to have good group coordination to do a virus rotation, now having more than one person casting virus is basically pointless? The immunity could be 20 seconds instead of 60 and still accomplish the same thing by shutting down virus rotations, without making a second virus caster wayyy less useful, and a third completely useless. Seems like the duration on the immunity being almost as long as the cooldown on the spell itself really cuts down on the usefulness of another summoner spell (since most 8 person parties already have a scholar).

BadRNG

Shit just got real.
This is just a guess based off the live letter interview and the item list in the patch notes, but completing the extreme primals each week will likely get you the "Rowena's Token" to trade in for any of the new ilevel90 weapons. I assumed it'd be like the relic quest and you have to complete the primal line with each job, but if the token is given like I think it is then this will make gearing other classes weapons fairly easy.

By the way, anyone know if they are nerfing Titan HM too? I didn't see anything about it, but the ilevel requirement for it is listed as i60. That seems so low, most groups need a decent amount of DL.

If they are not nerfing then it makes me wonder just how far above the required ilevel the Extreme modes will "realistically" be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom