• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

This is just a guess based off the live letter interview and the item list in the patch notes, but completing the extreme primals each week will likely get you the "Rowena's Token" to trade in for any of the new ilevel90 weapons. I assumed it'd be like the relic quest and you have to complete the primal line with each job, but if the token is given like I think it is then this will make gearing other classes weapons fairly easy.

By the way, anyone know if they are nerfing Titan HM too? I didn't see anything about it, but the ilevel requirement for it is listed as i60. That seems so low, most groups need a decent amount of DL.

If they are not nerfing then it makes me wonder just how far above the required ilevel the Extreme modes will "realistically" be.

Subtle nerf, they're changing the way the servers update data during Trials/Instances, so that there's a little less latency. It should make almost everything, "marginally," easier. However you have to be cutting things PRETTY darn close in the first place for this to really affect you. We're talking fractions of a second improvement.

adixon

Does it say anywhere that normal resurrection/raise spells won't work in pvp? Can't figure out why white mage would need a pvp skill for it, but they specifically say that all normal abilities are still usable in pvp.

Koeta

Loads of really awesome things going on in 2.1 but honestly 2 things they did wrong, and really kill any hype I had for them.

1. Price on the FC housing is just straight up shit, I know I'm not even going to look at the housing for a few months now, might as well have been in 2.3 in my eyes, and gg SE for giving RMT that gil sink they been needing.

2. one drop a week of ilvl80 gear from Crystal Tower........... one every day or two days or even 3 days but a week? wtf man, I could get 8 ilvl90 items from doing coil in 1 week but OH NO you can only get 1 from crystal tower!

(yes I know getting all 8 drops from coil in 1 week is a stretch but still 1 a week is horseshit and you know it)

WolvenOne

Loads of really awesome things going on in 2.1 but honestly 2 things they did wrong, and really kill any hype I had for them.

1. Price on the FC housing is just straight up shit, I know I'm not even going to look at the housing for a few months now, might as well have been in 2.3 in my eyes, and gg SE for giving RMT that gil sink they been needing.

2. one drop a week of ilvl80 gear from Crystal Tower........... one every day or two days or even 3 days but a week? wtf man, I could get 8 ilvl90 items from doing coil in 1 week but OH NO you can only get 1 from crystal tower!

(yes I know getting all 8 drops from coil in 1 week is a stretch but still 1 a week is horseshit and you know it)

It's really odd, I'll admit. Though I should note, even getting two Coil items in a week is a bit of a stretch. Maybe if you're a Monk, but for the most part the Loot Tables are so large, that you're not likely to see more than one item drop for your class per week.

Free Company pricing isn't that bad. Most the FC's are small enough that small lots will be more than large enough for their needs, and if one Crafter can put together 20 million, then there should be plenty of companies that have smaller houses after 2-3 weeks.

The medium and large lots will probably start going in January, but I'd be shocked to see many large 1st class lots taken before the end of January.

GAF can probably manage that feat though. We have over 40mil Gil already, and there should be a lot of new opportunities for Item farming and such when the patch hits. Between that, and the slowly but steadily declining prices, we should manage.

BadRNG

Does it say anywhere that normal resurrection/raise spells won't work in pvp? Can't figure out why white mage would need a pvp skill for it, but they specifically say that all normal abilities are still usable in pvp.
There are some other "duplicate" skills too, like Night Wing being BLM's Sleep. Maybe normal traits do not work in PvP? So Divine Breath is to make up for lack of improved resurrection, and Night Wing for lack of improved Sleep.

Cross class skills may be out too considering Enliven is basically Invigorate and Equanimity is Surecast.

Judging from the skill sets it seems like WAR/PLD will be incredibly easy to kite, relying mainly on having a MNK or DRG who can lock their target down effectively. Mythril Storm/Thrill of War/Testudo will make tanks pretty awesome support though. Glory Slash however just baffles me. 3min cooldown One Ilm Punch? Even with the small aoe component this feels underwhelming, especially with the amount of buffs in the game.

Sorian

Banned
Unrelated to 2.1 but a question I had now that I'm in end game and can understand the game more as a whole. Are there any good podcasts out there for FFXIV? I'm spoiled by a podcast for SWTOR that actually gets done weekly regardless of whether it is a big news week or not for the game and I know I shouldn't expect that for other MMOs as well but was wondering if anyone had found anything fairly solid.

adixon

There are some other "duplicate" skills too, like Night Wing being BLM's Sleep. Maybe normal traits do not work in PvP? So Divine Breath is to make up for lack of improved resurrection, and Night Wing for lack of improved Sleep.

Cross class skills may be out too considering Enliven is basically Invigorate and Equanimity is Surecast.

Judging from the skill sets it seems like WAR/PLD will be incredibly easy to kite, relying mainly on having a MNK or DRG who can lock their target down effectively. Mythril Storm/Thrill of War/Testudo will make tanks pretty awesome support though. Glory Slash however just baffles me. 3min cooldown One Ilm Punch? Even with the small aoe component this feels underwhelming, especially with the amount of buffs in the game.

If traits don't work, you'd literally have classes without their central mechanic though. Like, the ability to get one stack of aetherflow as an arcanist is a trait. I'd definitely prefer it to be the way you're saying though, if it weren't for that.

It seems to me they're just not saying that each class will have a couple of abilities which are inaccessible in pvp, like sleep for a black mage or raise spells for healers. Then they're replacing those spells in some cases with versions with long cooldowns. Kind of sucks for scholar healers if you can't raise allies in combat, but I guess since I have both jobs capped I'll just go white mage as a healer if raise ends up being a game changer.

WolvenOne

Any word if they'll be getting balance patches coming any more frequently? I know this team prefers saving things up for big patches, but with PVP in the mix now, balance should be a bigger issue from now on.

WolvenOne

Will probably be 10M for a small house on Legacy servers because theres 100 people with insane amounts of gil. Screw new players, their fault for coming to a Legacy server.

Suddenly really glad I didn't roll on a legacy server. Kinda a shame, since I believe one of the legacy servers is also the preferred RP server.

Mind you, I'm not certain I'd really be able to get into RP. Which is why I didn't roll there. XD

Sophia

Any word if they'll be getting balance patches coming any more frequently? I know this team prefers saving things up for big patches, but with PVP in the mix now, balance should be a bigger issue from now on.

They talked about it, some time ago. It sounded like a long term goal, but they need to restructure their teams so they're not stepping on each other's toes.

It seems to me they're just not saying that each class will have a couple of abilities which are inaccessible in pvp, like sleep for a black mage or raise spells for healers. Then they're replacing those spells in some cases with versions with long cooldowns. Kind of sucks for scholar healers if you can't raise allies in combat, but I guess since I have both jobs capped I'll just go white mage as a healer if raise ends up being a game changer.
In an arena system like now this is very very bad. I already feel like SCH is being set back and will be always one up'd in premade groups by WHM. This better be heavily balanced, but I honestly had huge doubts that PVP in FFXIV would be anywhere close to balanced.

We'll have to see how it works when the patch is live though, no need to get alarmed just yet. WHMs may be easier to interrupt/kill, yadda yadda. I don't play these classes so I don't really know.

Sophia

Oh sweet. I won the lottery that the guilds doing the pre-patch celebration were doing. Only 60,000 but hey. Bonus is a bonus.

Wilsongt

Let me see how fucked I am for SMN...

* Can not longer use Thunder. So, down one DoT
* Immune to Virus for 60 seconds. That's not so bad.
* Sustain use MP instead of HP? I'm okay with this. MP is infinite with SMN

Not too bad.

Edit: Greater drops for Diremite webs? Yes lawd

studyguy

Called the DQX style pricing long long ago.
Fucking knew even with our moneybags legacy, no fucking one is getting a home right off the bat. Holy shit those prices are insane.
Excal pricing is fucking bonkers without waiting for timed drops.

Akuosa

Too bad only the 1% will be able to afford houses in Eorzea.

#occupyeorzea
I thought I was part of the 1% on Ragnarok. My FC was actually counting on shamelessly leech of me if we haven't managed to save enough for it.
Those prices almost gave me an heart attack. People complain new players on a legacy server are screwed... legacy players can't afford them either. I really don't know who on my server is raising the average to the point they considered that should be the price, but the amount those people have on them should be obscene, because that's nowhere near being an ammount the people I know form 1.0 would be even near to pony up (I'm aware it's supposed to be a group effort and no one would really need to have that amount themselves).

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I think they forget they make 1/10 money from 1.0 to 2.0

Anyway i have 0 interest on a FC house.

Personal housing should come in 2.3 but they also said in a Live letter they don't know if they will make it.

studyguy

As a PLD, I have nothing to complain about.
Maybe if they took Bind off Tempered Will, I would feel somewhat angry... I don't know, maybe. It'd be something.

No one ever Covers without the 1.0 added effects of regaining MP. Basically I'm never going to lose enmity that I already never lost with the buff to Oath. Thanks?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
We're the only one to have over 400 members but that doesn't mean we have the most active members out of all the FCs.

True enough.

The only FC I could think of that could maybe compete with us is the Giant Bomb FC, but then I'm just going on how frequently I see their members.

HEY GUYS AND GALS.

Cleared the main quest last night and saw the end credits roll. As a BRD, what should be my next goal right about now?

Sorry if that seems like a silly question. v_v

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pugs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Turn 4 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sophia

Pugs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Turn 4 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Stop taking your anger out on the table. The table isn't at fault for the mistakes of pugs.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Pugs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Turn 4 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

わかりません。。。

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
PUGGED Turn 4, took 2.5 hours, but we did it...

Stupid DRG Head and BRD Legs...

Burned through so many Knight's Bread...

FML!

Azrael

So the PVP gear is just white darklight? Really? What happened to the cool Lion, Bear, Swan, etc... armor? Really disappointed in that.

I think they said in today's Live Letter those will be added with Front Lines, the large-scale pvp zone system, in a future patch.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
T4 down, finally!

T4.png

Reubeucent

Neo Member
I think they said in today's Live Letter those will be added with Front Lines, the large-scale pvp zone system, in a future patch.

Welp, there goes any chance I had of PvP. Not doing it to have the ugliest set of armor that's white instead of black. They need to high more people for in game models. The lack of armor designs is appalling in a Final Fantasy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom