• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

I still can't believe that they decided to charge more the players on the legacy worlds... This is just insulting.

I really hope they will backtrack on that one. This 2.1 was supposed to make the game more interesting, but instead we got recycled fights, the first alliance dungeon which must be done with complete strangers, and now a thin-veiled measure against the money in circulation on some worlds (they should delete RMT characters, not penalyze the entire population).

Of course, there are some (very) good things in that patch, but gosh, the bad ones are difficult to ignore.

Sorian

Banned
I still can't believe that they decided to charge more the players on the legacy worlds... This is just insulting.

I really hope they will backtrack on that one. This 2.1 was supposed to make the game more interesting, but instead we got recycled fights, the first alliance dungeon which must be done with complete strangers, and now a thin-veiled measure against the money in circulation on some worlds (they should delete RMT characters, not penalyze the entire population).

Of course, there are some (very) good things in that patch, but gosh, the bad ones are difficult to ignore.

Be happy they added anything else in the patch. MMOs can easily get away with a big patch using "recycled" content.

Nohar

Be happy they added anything else in the patch. MMOs can easily get away with a big patch using "recycled" content.

I'm happy that we get some new content, but it's difficult to ignore that they are recycling assets already in place. I'm not against the "Hard Mode", but we have 3 differents degree of difficulty against the primals. This is a bit much to my taste.

Sorian

Banned
I'm happy that we get some new content, but it's difficult to ignore that they are recycling assets already in place. I'm not against the "Hard Mode", but we have 3 differents degree of difficulty against the primals. This is a bit much to my taste.

And two dungeons scaled up to HM as well. It's MMO 101, as long as they are offering new experiences as well, these recycled assets need to be thrown in as well to give more bang for your buck.

Ferr986

Seriously, Im still angry about the housing stuff. Its just so stupid... new players on Legacy servers have to pay because a couple of people from 1.0 are so rich.

If it werent because I have some good friends ingame , I might aswell unsub... Its just housing, I know, but I have the feeling that SE doesnt even want me to play the game. Theres just lockouts everywhere, either from drops or from gil sinks.

Hyperbole much, I know.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Seriously, Im still angry about the housing stuff. Its just so stupid... new players on Legacy servers have to pay because a couple of people from 1.0 are so rich.

If it werent because I have some good friends ingame , I might aswell unsub... Its just housing, I know, but I have the feeling that SE doesnt even want me to play the game. Theres just lockouts everywhere, either from drops or from gil sinks.

Hyperbole much, I know.

I don't get the outrage, honestly. Server statistics have been compiled: There's 5x more gil/player in the Legacy servers, so housing costs 5x more. I fail to see the hole in the thought process.
Big houses are SUPPOSED to be rare.

Hyperbole much, I know.

Oh what? New players being at a disadvantage on legacy servers? If only there were people in these threads that could have warned others of that eventuality before the game launched.

Ferr986

I don't get the outrage, honestly. Server statistics have been compiled: There's 5x more gil/player in the Legacy servers, so housing costs 5x more. I fail to see the hole in the thought process.

Yeah, but small houses are 20M here. Taking into account that s,aññ houses are almost like the size of a FFXI's mog house (and that was for free), its a ridiculous price. Legacy servers have more money circulating because theres players who came from 1.0. with maxed crafts and played the "boards game" since day one, but not everyone did that. Hell, theres also new non Legacy players on those servers, and they are fucking screwed.
Housing is like the most casual content in the game, it should be affordable to everyone (atleast the smaller house).

Sorian

Banned
Oh what? New players being at a disadvantage on legacy servers? If only there were people in these threads that could have warned others of that eventuality before the game launched.

79984-fifth-element-OH-SNAP-gif-pEMZ.gif

Housing is like the most casual content in the game, it should be affordable to everyone (atleast the smaller house).

Personal housing? sure. Guild housing is a different business though and should be something that marks bigger and more active guilds.

Ferr986

I dont think they are to blame but SE, for not having into account new platyers would join Legacy servers.

Personal housing? sure. Guild housing is a different business though and should be something that marks bigger and more active guilds.

Biggest house? sure, but even the smallest house is expensive as fuck. i think every FC should have the right to own a house, even if its a small one. My FC could afford a small one (although is just too small for us) but I know some dudes from smalls FCs that just cant afford it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

I want to see that data. I want to see how big of an influence RMT was on this data because after seeing these housing (and the fact Yoshida was physically apologizing throughout the entire process on the live letter) prices, you can not convince me that they didn't have an effect.

Now they will continue to make an even bigger effect because they will come back.

creid

Hasn't Yoshi-P said they would adjust prices if necessary? If Sargatanas is anything to go by, I don't think there's going to be a whole lot of house-purchasing going on at these prices, so hopefully they'll adjust quickly.

To be fair, Legacy players can't afford this either.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I want to see that data. I want to see how big of an influence RMT was on this data because after seeing these housing (and the fact Yoshida was physically apologizing throughout the entire process on the live letter) prices, you can not convince me that they didn't have an effect.

Now they will continue to make an even bigger effect because they will come back.

RMT hardly supplied gil to the economy, just shuffled it around by creating shards\etc.
There aren't many bottable activities which give a decent amount of gil ingame.

TheWriter

I'm eagerly awaiting screenshots of the smallest houses when they are filled up with like 20-30 FC members. Place 4-5 beds in there, maybe a table and some seats or a couch and some lamps and it's going to be crowded in there like in a toolshed.
Totally worth it to collectively spend 40 million on a "house" that is as big as the inn room.

Sophia

The prices for Legacy are pretty absurd. Even if you had tons of money left over from 1.0....

Betcha anything they drop the price in Patch 2.1.5

Aeana

The prices for Legacy are pretty absurd. Even if you had tons of money left over from 1.0....

Betcha anything they drop the price in Patch 2.1.5
They don't need to do that because the prices drop over time. They're more likely to increase the rate at which the prices decay than anything.

tenchir

We should throw some incentives to get people to donate more. Like a raffling system where every 50K-200K Gil donated will give you a ticket for a chance to win a prize.

Or if we can convince one of the more infamous FC members into changing their race if we hit a mile stone like 60 million gils.

Sophia

They don't need to do that because the prices drop over time. They're more likely to increase the rate at which the prices decay than anything.

Legacy server prices probably won't drop to acceptable (by the player standards) levels tho. Hence why I feel why they'll adjust it manually when they realize it's too much.

Sorian

Banned
Legacy server prices probably won't drop to acceptable (by the player standards) levels tho. Hence why I feel why they'll adjust it manually when they realize it's too much.

Well nothing will be acceptable by player standards, this is an MMO, every change will bring mass whining for no reason. Regardless, the decay is % based so legacy servers will see much larger decreases over time anyway.

Sophia

Well nothing will be acceptable by player standards, this is an MMO, every change will bring mass whining for no reason. Regardless, the decay is % based so legacy servers will see much larger decreases over time anyway.

The price doesn't seem too outrageous to me on Adamantoise, but most of the individuals in my guild seem to disagree. Despite the fact that if each of them piled a half a million gil in we'd have the cheapest one easily. >_>;

Only 20% away from finally hitting the level cap. C'mon FATEs, spawn faster.

J-Rod

I think the whining is justified. Players are hungry for new stuff, they took a year to make it, but quite a lot can't participate even 3 months down the road.

Sorian

Banned
I think the whining is justified. Players are hungry for new stuff, they took a year to make it, but quite a lot can't participate even 3 months down the road.

Whining is usually never justified IMO. FFXIV is a special case because they did create such a shit game the first time around but 2.0 reinvented the game completely and it launched pretty damn well with a lot of content (yes, a lot, I know they had 1.0 to work with but this needs tobe treated like a brand new game at this point because it is). 2.1 seems like a huge amount of new content as well for just 2.X patch and they would be smarter to do patches at a higher frequency with smaller bits of content but that is a philosophy debate.

Kintaro

Oh come on. There is acceptable then there is what they just rolled out.

Is GAF still the largest FC on Ultros? They raised like 35 million...which is like 100 million short of like the largest 1st class plot. You don't think the prices are a bit out of control with that being the case?

Sorian

Banned

Is GAF still the largest FC on Ultros? They raised like 35 million...which is like 100 million short of like the largest 1st class plot. You don't think the prices are a bit out of control with that being the case?

We raised 40 million so far but, regardless, I'd be more inclined to agree with you if these prices were set in stone, however, they already have a system in place where the pricing is automatically going to decay over time. The largest guild housing should be something that people still have to work towards and not just have right out of the gate once 2.1 hits. Make people actually care about it and feel like its a real accomplishment and a real group effort.

It maters on the intention. I really don't think they want people having enough money to just flat out buy the biggest and best right away, and instead have it something to work towards. Is this not what people were expecting? Did everyone think that day one you would have the cash to buy the best housing and then just not have to worry about it anymore? What is the point of that from a development standpoint? Do a bunch of work to create something that the best of will be gotten the first day it's in the game?

Ferr986

Housing should be about getting the stuff from your house, not about getting the plot (IMO thats where the content from housing is). Make the gil sink be the furniture and stuff, that would benefit the crafters.

Anyways, my FC is rather big (like 60 active members) and we cant even afford the medium house. We will probably get the small one, but the small house for 60 dudes... yeah.

Kintaro

It maters on the intention. I really don't think they want people having enough money to just flat out buy the biggest and best right away, and instead have it something to work towards. Is this not what people were expecting? Did everyone think that day one you would have the cash to buy the best housing and then just not have to worry about it anymore? What is the point of that from a development standpoint? Do a bunch of work to create something that the best of will be gotten the first day it's in the game?

I agree with that to an extent. In this case, SE has gone on the offensive against gil hording. They punished crafters who made a lot of gil by handing out bans just a few months ago. They tickle out gil through the system very, very slowly. Everything they have done has told players that gil isn't that important. RMT believed otherwise and we saw how big of a problem that was. We had our own FC members get hacked.

Then the housing prices came out. The sticker shock is crazy considering what they have told and shown us in the game itself.

I would be with you if they haven't done everything in the game to tell and show us otherwise. Now they're flipping the script? I don't know about that.

Am I saying it should be cheap? No. Am I saying it should be 312 million gil after 3 months at 50% off? Fuck no.

tenchir

Housing should be about getting the stuff from your house, not about getting the plot (IMO thats where the content from housing is). Make the gil sink be the furniture and stuff, that would benefit the crafters.

Anyways, my FC is rather big (like 60 active members) and we cant even afford the medium house. We will probably get the small one, but the small house for 60 dudes... yeah.

A small house is fine for your FC because it has like at most 30 active member online at once? And not all of them will be hanging around the house all day, they would be out leveling gathering, questing, raiding, etc.... So it's likely you will usually see 10 members in the house.

Paprikka

To anyone from my coil group reading this, I'm really sorry but I wont be able to make it tonight. I'm going to be stuck at work till almost 9 est if not later.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
How do I go about attaching materia to weapons/gear? I broke some items down into it, but do not see where or how to attach it.

You have to hit level 19 or above in Armorer, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Goldsmith, Leatherworker or Weaver, then go to The Bonfire in Central Thanalan and take a quest from F'hobhas to be able to do that.

Sorian

Banned
You're in Ultros aren't you? Time to run ak/wp together till we die and then form a cool group with some of the other new 50s like Lux.

It's only been a week and WP/AK are already so tiring to me. At least I finally got a new weapon (Garuda) and have put in some time with titan though he was enjoying fucking us up last night.

ironcreed

Banned
You have to hit level 19 or above in Armorer, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Goldsmith, Leatherworker or Weaver, then go to The Bonfire in Central Thanalan and take a quest from F'hobhas to be able to do that.

Yeah, I saw that she had a locked quest the first time I went there, but figured there was a way I could attach materia beings I can create it. Guess I am a ways off from being able to do that, so I'll just continue leveling my Marauder on up to 30 for now. Thanks.

It's only been a week and WP/AK are already so tiring to me. At least I finally got a new weapon (Garuda) and have put in some time with titan though he was enjoying fucking us up last night.

Don't worry, in a few days, you'll have more options.

And the FC must start the fundraising and nao!

Sophia

You're in Ultros aren't you? Time to run ak/wp together till we die and then form a cool group with some of the other new 50s like Lux.

Sadly no I'm not on Ultros. I'm on Adamantoise playing with WoW friends. And they intend to run me ragged through AK/WP seeing as I'm a tank.

Tabris

As a new player mainly getting Gil from quests, I think the housing thing is amazing as it will take so much Gil out of the economy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As a new player mainly getting Gil from quests, I think the housing thing is amazing as it will take so much Gil out of the economy.

Problem is fresh Gil isn't being made, to keep the cycle continuing

FC housing is going to cause mass deflation, cause all that gil is gone

At the moment players are trading w/e gil they earned from the first 2 months and that gil is just moving around from player to player

Dungeons only give you so much, crafting got massacred just like gathering by making it too easy to get to the top

Let's say 3+ FC's buy the 125mil plot for say 50mil down the line (after 30 days), that's 150mil removed from the economy, it will take forever for the server to recoup that
If people don't have the gil to buy, sellers cant sell, and we are stuck with a horrible option were gil-sellers look legit, which in the end SE should've seen coming

GAF is tops with FC housing, a few in the mid-teens of millions, most are at the 5-10 mil range

They have to create new avenues for gil to be shuffled in

Sorian

Banned
Problem is fresh Gil isn't being made, to keep the cycle continuing

FC housing is going to cause mass deflation, cause all that gil is gone

At the moment players are trading w/e gil they earned from the first 2 months and that gil is just moving around from player to player

Dungeons only give you so much, crafting got massacred just like gathering by making it too easy to get to the top

Let's say 3+ FC's buy the 125mil plot for say 50mil down the line (after 30 days), that's 150mil removed from the economy, it will take forever for the server to recoup that
If people don't have the gil to buy, sellers cant sell, and we are stuck with a horrible option were gil-sellers look legit, which in the end SE should've seen coming

GAF is tops with FC housing, a few in the mid-teens of millions, most are at the 5-10 mil range

They have to create new avenues for gil to be shuffled in

These beast tribe quests and random dungeon ques are going to be daily content now, are those at least going to be injecting some gil into the economy? I hadn't even thought about it because any sane MMO would have these dailies as viable ways to make money but I forgot that SE likes to pretend they have no experience with MMOs at all.

Kintaro

These beast tribe quests and random dungeon ques are going to be daily content now, are those at least going to be injecting some gil into the economy? I hadn't even thought about it because any sane MMO would have these dailies as viable ways to make money but I forgot that SE likes to pretend they have no experience with MMOs at all.

Depends on how much gil is rewarded I guess. I think they are upping the amount given by Leves (which should have been the "dailies" but were basically nothing and xp fodder for crafts) too. But...well, we'll see.

Resilient

Don't falter now. I capped myth and I'm waiting for the patch and then I'm going ham. We need to be coil buddies.

Cmagus

This kind of worries our group about buying housing.

* Purchasing land or housing using gil obtained from RMT (real money trading) or other illicit means is strictily prohibited. Any land or estate hall deemed to have been purchased through such means is subject to seizure.

Our group has enough to buy the best house day one and we are completely legit but we are worried because of the stuff they did last time with the markets. Will people be punished if stuff we put on markets or purchased from the markets might be dinged because it may be bought from someone who uses RMT?

We are gonna wait for the price to drop abit anyways but still I hope SE doesn't pull anything stupid especially with the ever growing amount of bots popping up.

GraveRobberX

It will be a minimal amount from the looks of it
This is the company who thought adding 1gil to each mob in a dungeon would be sufficient...

How RMT and their botting has destroyed shards/crystal market, which makes crafting easier, which in turn makes items on the market get cut/undersold, too much suplpy, not much demand
Same goes for Gathering, crafters come in waves when leveling up, sometimes items sell like no tomorrow, then a few days later, nothing sells at all, cause no one needs said mat anymore until next batch of crafters want to level up said craft + mat
So shit stagnates for awhile, which creates market chaos and everything gets undercut

I have seen a stack of 99 HQ Mirror Apples sell for 40 gil, while the NQ sell for 60+....
Fucking confusing...
They couldn't sell there goods, had to fucking drastically undercut by a huge margin, just to receive gil for their efforts

Hell if items sold for a decent amount to vendors (nothing crazy mind you, it would alleviate some of the gil burden that will happen)

This kind of worries our group about buying housing.

This is most likely for those who are thinking of buying 50-100mil+ from RMT and just having a FC Day 1

RMT gil is circulating in the economy, you can't punish the player-base just cause you followed the paper trail
It would be the "Blood Diamond" scenario, which diamond isn't dug up by slave labor which isn't
Same goes for Gil, how the hell are we suppose to know that a buyer purchased good from the market with RMT gil and the seller should've known better....

Cmagus

This is most likely for those who are thinking of buying 50-100mil+ from RMT and just having a FC Day 1

RMT gil is circulating in the economy, you can't punish the player-base just cause you followed the paper trail
It would be the "Blood Diamond" scenario, which diamond isn't dug up by slave labor which isn't
Same goes for Gil, how the hell are we suppose to know that a buyer purchased good from the market with RMT gil and the seller should've known better....

That's what we hope but we are gonna waiting abit just to make sure. I almost wanna make my own FC just o get a small house for myself lol.

GraveRobberX

That's what we hope but we are gonna waiting abit just to make sure. I almost wanna make my own FC just o get a small house for myself lol.

Need 3 or 4 people to start a FC no?

Also if you don't use FC house enough, it might get booted, so all that gil literally down the drain and nothing to show for it

It will be crazy if FC's fracture and newer groups are formed, what happens to the housing then lol...

It's too much gil to be invested or asked by the player-base to put up, a multitude of things can sour the whole experience
You want to make MMO's so your player-base keeps subscribing, not be FOTM (flavor of the month)

How do I sell on the market boards?

You get retainers yet?

Should get them right after figting Ifrit around 20-25 if I remember correctly

Ploid 3.0

How do I sell on the market boards?

You have to get pretty far in the story quests to get access to retainer (slaves that hold your loot which you can call with a bell ring). When you get them you can sell stuff on the board. Why they locked away something like this? I can only imagine to keep rmt people out, but I think it's to get people to do their dungeons, like getting chocobos, getting better ranks in grand company (20+ respec papers), or getting to the endgame content.

Sorian

Banned
Don't falter now. I capped myth and I'm waiting for the patch and then I'm going ham. We need to be coil buddies.

Oh, no worries, I'm used to the grind. I think I ran double the amount of WP/AK that I needed this week for the myth cap because I was stocking up my philo as well. I have all the DL real gear (read as not the accessories) except for my head/body (BLM) and I'm about halfway to that as well though I may save my philo this time since a titan kill may be in my future and I'd rather get relic first.

chrono01

Oh, no worries, I'm used to the grind. I think I ran double the amount of WP/AK that I needed this week for the myth cap because I was stocking up my philo as well. I have all the DL real gear (read as not the accessories) except for my head/body (BLM) and I'm about halfway to that as well though I may save my philo this time since a titan kill may be in my future and I'd rather get relic first.
You are wise to hold off on buying the DL Head/Body as long as possible. I hate the way the Cowl looks, it's awful! You have no idea how happy/relieved I was to purchase my AF+1 Head/Body. >_<

When you're ready for HM Titan, I would be more than happy to assist you. I'm a DPS, and not a tank/healer, so I know how easy it is to find slots for this, but regardless if you need my blade...er...staff, I am there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom