• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
You get retainers yet?

Should get them right after figting Ifrit around 20-25 if I remember correctly

Yes, but I have not used one yet. After I beat Ifrit, I just ignored that option and kept on doing quests. Guess I need to go do that. I'm only level 24 and am at saving the Sylph Elder.

Cmagus

Need 3 or 4 people to start a FC no?

Also if you don't use FC house enough, it might get booted, so all that gil literally down the drain and nothing to show for it

It will be crazy if FC's fracture and newer groups are formed, what happens to the housing then lol...

It's too much gil to be invested or asked by the player-base to put up, a multitude of things can sour the whole experience
You want to make MMO's so your player-base keeps subscribing, not be FOTM (flavor of the month)
I won't be doing that but I thought about it lol. Honestly when I play a game like PSO2 the rooms and stuff is always my favourite parts I don't know why I just enjoy acquiring stuff like that.

The prices are insane overall though. We're lucky because we had alot of gil from 1.0 and we've made alot on the markets and other things like when things like potash and what not was selling well. All I know is that for these prices you better be ready to commit to the FC you're about to dump alot of money into lol.

Sorian

Banned
You are wise to hold off on buying the DL Head/Body as long as possible. I hate the way the Cowl looks, it's awful! You have no idea how happy/relieved I was to purchase my AF+1 Head/Body. >_<

When you're ready for HM Titan, I would be more than happy to assist you. I'm a DPS, and not a tank/healer, so I know how easy it is to find slots for this, but regardless if you need my blade...er...staff, I am there.

Someone in guild was willing to get a carry going next time both of us are on so I'll take that. I ran titan for a good amount of time last night and I picked up on everything quick. The only thing that was touching me that shouldn't have been was WotL and that was less than half of the time once I was memorizing the pattern better.

ironcreed

Banned
I appreciate that this game does not hold your hand in regards to all of it's features, but I think it definitely could do a better job of explaining certain things.

N.A

Banned
Legacy prices are stupid. I played 1.0 for over a year and never had much gil. I play in a really small FC on Excalibur and we have no chance of raising that amount of gil.

Tabris

I appreciate that this game does not hold your hand in regards to all of it's features, but I think it definitely could do a better job of explaining certain things.

Really? I found the opposite. The quest ramp is amazing to introduce game mechanics to you.

Yeah, I'm up to level 11 now as a lancer, and I've found the way systems are introduced and taught to be fairly easy to grasp as someone new to MMOs. Now I really understand why FF XII and Xenoblade get called "offline MMOs".

The main annoyance I've found so far is when a FATE is going on at the location of a quest objective, so you have to put your quest on hold and either deal with the FATE or come back later. I don't mind it so much when there are others working on the FATE with you, but when you happen to be the only one there it's just an unwanted nuisance.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I'm up to level 11 now as a lancer, and I've found the way systems are introduced and taught to be fairly easy to grasp as someone new to MMOs. Now I really understand why FF XII and Xenoblade get called "offline MMOs".

The main annoyance I've found so far is when a FATE is going on at the location of a quest objective, so you have to put your quest on hold and either deal with the FATE or come back later. I don't mind it so much when there are others working on the FATE with you, but when you happen to be the only one there it's just an unwanted nuisance.

They did a really terrible job with the FATE system. It should scale to the number of peopel participating.

They did a really terrible job with the FATE system. It should scale to the number of peopel participating.
It will. On 2.1, the FATE difficulty will be scaled to the number of people that did its latest instance. So, if you happen to get caught in a FATE on a deserted place, it will be possible to clear it alone.

Alucrid

Banned
6635F219CCEFC4CC9AAA071C993CCB870DC18C60

Got it before the patch.

I went ahead and got a pc key on ebay for 20 buck well at least I'm set up to freely play between the pc and ps4 version now when the game is oozing with content

Legacy prices are stupid. I played 1.0 for over a year and never had much gil. I play in a really small FC on Excalibur and we have no chance of raising that amount of gil.

Same here. Even if we had brought over a large amount of gil it still would of been reduced to 1/10 its value. Most of the money on the legacy servers is held by RMTs making this even more ridiculous. The 5 million that I have saved up should be more than enough for FC housing.... :l

Luigi87

Managed to finish up through the Lord of the Inferno quest in the story, and also got my friend and his gf to buy the game.

This is good news for me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ahhhh all the gil sellers are starting to return again. Just in time! I sure missed you guys

Getting ready to feed that lust for FC housing and its ridiculous prices. They know a lot of FCs will have a moment of weakness.

It's hard for me to believe RMT hasn't had any effect on that 125m figure, yet they're watching closely to see if people buy it with RMT money. I halfway expect them to increase the rate the price decays at, but that would make too much sense.

Sophia

I'm glad I learned about the "/blist add <r>" command for blocking gold spammers. They're relentless. And they have a tendency to pop up at the worst times as a distraction.

Cmagus

Getting ready to feed that lust for FC housing and its ridiculous prices. They know a lot of FCs will have a moment of weakness.

It's hard for me to believe RMT hasn't had any effect on that 125m figure, yet they're watching closely to see if people buy it with RMT money. I halfway expect them to increase the rate the price decays at, but that would make too much sense.

Well hopefully there is a good market for furniture and stuff. I really hope they make some of the furniture really difficult to obtain. Me personally if this is any indication of prices I am gonna start saving for personal housing now. I wonder though when a FC buys a house who can edit it? can everyone or just the FC leader? I think that would be the only downside as it doesn't feel personal enough.

Did they not mention awhile back though that the housing would have buffs like for crafting and what not. I remember reading that crafting inside the houses would bring a boost of some sort but I could be wrong.

kierwynn

Sorry you guys missed it. It was really spur of the moment. We def have to do it again, though, since people seemed to have fun. Maybe make an event of it or something so people know ahead of time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well hopefully there is a good market for furniture and stuff. I really hope they make some of the furniture really difficult to obtain. Me personally if this is any indication of prices I am gonna start saving for personal housing now. I wonder though when a FC buys a house who can edit it? can everyone or just the FC leader? I think that would be the only downside as it doesn't feel personal enough.

Market for furniture will depend on if anyone buys any houses or not. =P

Sorry you guys missed it. It was really spur of the moment. We def have to do it again, though, since people seemed to have fun. Maybe make an event of it or something so people know ahead of time.

Planning it out would be a good idea too. Maybe something for after the patch or something?

And sorry to the others for my abrupt exit. We got kinda close at times to beating Titan. Sorry for being a subpar healer...this is why I rerolled as SMN. One of these days I'll get that relic...somehow.

I took a few pics too.
fc1.jpg

Spending some quality time with our fearless FC leader.
mc.jpg

We had over 80 people on the day before the patch. I'm guessing we'll be back to having 100+ people on all the time after the patch drops.

Tabris

Man I wonder how SE is going to handle the PS4 controller since there's no select button. It would be annoying to hit the touchpad button every time you need to cycle to a section on the screen.

Aeana

Man I wonder how SE is going to handle the PS4 controller since there's no select button. It would be annoying to hit the touchpad button every time you need to cycle to a section on the screen.

You can also drag on the touchpad to move a mouse cursor on the screen, which can also help for selecting things, and might end up being more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom