• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

idEqKBfxIKzC.png

Thank you guys for the help! :eek:

Well, didn't get the chocobo mount before maintenance, but I beat Ifrit, joined a GC (after many minutes of indecisive agonizing), and got some exploration exp.

Now let's hope the inevitable 2.1 kinks don't keep us all out for far too long.

It was cool seeing so many people from the GAF company in one location! I like the pictures that were taken.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the update brings, but more than that, I'm eager to continue doing the story quests.

Reknoc

Did my first WP and AK runs last night \o/ Thanks Ravi et al

Probably gonna use this down time tonight to try and grind some of the FFXIV and DQX on FFXI whilst it's free.

Mupod

Am I missing something? Where are these bard and paladin nerfs that are making everyone reroll?

There are no paladin nerfs. Shield oath's threat generation is getting fixed (it currently doesn't really do anything, so that's good) and cover's range is being almost doubled.

If you mean why so many are switching to warrior, it's because warrior was absolutely godfuckingawful and some were only playing PLD out of necessity. I originally started as a marauder but switched before I hit 50, and having also leveled warrior since then I gotta say that was the smarter course of action. I don't care what class I play as long as I get to tank, so there's no attachment there either way. The warrior buffs may look pretty overpowered at first glance but the class was simply missing that much.

I plan to play both tanks situationally (warrior would be a pain in the butt as a turn 4 offtank), but with the changes to limit breaks and storm's path it's going to be more beneficial to have one warrior and one paladin on most fights.

Warrior is also a lot more complex mechanically and a nice change of pace. So I'm looking forward to my 'reroll' even if it's not that at all.

Sophia

There are no paladin nerfs. Shield oath's threat generation is getting fixed (it currently doesn't really do anything, so that's good) and cover's range is being almost doubled.

I wouldn't say it doesn't do anything. You do get a threat gen increase. But the effects of it's increased threat generation are pretty muted as I discovered the hilarious way.

Cover is still awkward and situational tho. I can't think of a situation where I've had to use it, or where using it would have significantly helped a party.

Those legacy prices are hilarious. A large amount of gil in circulation is only harmful if it results in inflation that causes brokenly high prices. So SE directly implemented brokenly high prices in an attempt to fix a problem that might cause brokenly high prices. It's the 'burn the village to save it' approach to game design.

I wouldn't say it doesn't do anything. You do get a threat gen increase. But the effects of it's increased threat generation are pretty muted as I discovered the hilarious way.

Cover is still awkward and situational tho. I can't think of a situation where I've had to use it, or where using it would have significantly helped a party.

I've saved my healer enough times with Cover until I could get my aggro back from him that I wouldn't say there are no situations where I haven't significantly helped a party.

Here's a perfect example of how using Cover saves a raid. I messed up on the snap aggro required to grab the 2 Clockworks at 4:16 and our WHM had them on him. I couldn't get them off and his HP was dropping so I put Cover on him, that gave him breathing room so I could get aggro off him and we finished Turn 4.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I will equip my DRG ... with the....

ONION SET!

WolvenOne

Also, level 90 PVP gear is, "Not," Unique/Untradeable, and can be used outside PVP, though Materia effects won't work out of PVP.

Which means it's almost certainly all craftable gear as well. So Crafters are going to be in full demand again! Woot, that means stuff for me to farm for crafters, yay! XD

Sophia

I've saved my healer enough times with Cover until I could get my aggro back from him that I wouldn't say there are no situations where I haven't significantly helped a party.

Here's a perfect example of how using Cover saves a raid. I messed up on the snap aggro required to grab the 2 Clockworks at 4:16 and our WHM had them on him. I couldn't get them off and his HP was dropping so I put Cover on him, that gave him breathing room so I could get aggro off him and we finished Turn 4.

I might see about introducing it into my gameplay now, but it's awkward to use on a controller without a macro. Seeing as we're getting an additional eight slots, however, I have no reason not to at least try to use it. It won't be regulated to the second set of abilities to be forever unused. :p

Yu Narukami

I might see about introducing it into my gameplay now, but it's awkward to use on a controller without a macro. Seeing as we're getting an additional eight slots, however, I have no reason not to at least try to use it. It won't be regulated to the second set of abilities to be forever unused. :p

I have the same problem dealing with all the skill while playing on a controller. And now they are adding PVP skills aswell? How am I going to handle this with a controller on PS3 lol?

Sophia

I have the same problem dealing with all the skill while playing on a controller. And now they are adding PVP skills aswell? How am I going to handle this with a controller on PS3 lol?

Oh don't get me wrong. I have no problem using every other skill on a controller, and I tank like a champ on one. It's just Cover. A macro to make it target the target's target makes it much easier to use.

Naar

Oh don't get me wrong. I have no problem using every other skill on a controller, and I tank like a champ on one. It's just Cover. A macro to make it target the target's target makes it much easier to use.

Are you trying to say you cant use macros on PS3 or a controller? Because you can.

Really people who think PS3 players are at a severe disadvantage are totally wrong. The only problem I have on PS3 is that i exit cutscenes longer than the rest, but only by no more than a couple of seconds

Sophia

Are you trying to say you cant use macros on PS3 or a controller? Because you can.

Of course not. Do you take me for an idiot? :p

I merely said that a macro makes it much easier to use on a controller.

Really people who think PS3 players are at a severe disadvantage are totally wrong. The only problem I have on PS3 is that i exit cutscenes longer than the rest, but only by no more than a couple of seconds

I'm well aware there's no severe disadvantage on a PS3 controller. Seeing as I play exclusively on a pad on the PC and play better than most players do on KB/M. What little issues exists are being fixed in this patch (THANK YOU BASED THIRD HOTBAR), or can be fixed with macros. Macro support is just really crude right now, so I'm trying not to use them.

Sophia

Odds are that is just the gil cost, and there is a rep requirement to buy it as well. That npc looks to be one of the new rep related things.

Yeah, that explains it's low cost. I may have to work towards that myself however because the idea of riding on a Goobbue sounds amusing.

Tash

Maybe it's just me but I am seriously worried for PvP as a WHM. The Arena is quite small and there is now confirmation that you won't be able to get a spell out if you are under attack. So that leaves one Benediction and a swiftcast+something at the start without any pvp skills yet. You can through out some regens but those won't keep anyone alive.

Pretty impossible to get a Stoneskin off and from what I can see there is hardly any option to hide or get out of range.

In general it sounds like everyone will be more concerned for the other party to not get something off as opposed to actually attack them.

Also, I see myself playing my SCH much more than my WHM. 6x lustrate and shield for the win. it doesn't sound like fights are going to last long. Especially if shields actually prevent you from being interrupted.
Sure, there are kbes being added but me casting a kb means there is no healing going out.

Apoptomon

From the stream re house prices:
Reinheartv said:
YoshiP is saying it was set this way so players don’t buy out all the lands right away and end up in situation where none is available. RMT estimated gil has been removed from their amount, they checked how much gil the FC’s have and got the estimates. with battle alone you should be able to earn 15000-18000, little bit over 20000 gil with role bonus every day. If you farm 7 days that’s good amount X number of members. It’s set so players can buy in 3 month time. He says again he will look at situation and make adjustments. The information posted on the patch notes it the highest amount and most likely not much people will buy, he wants people to use this as example to have players talk over how to gain the gil to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom