• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

From the stream re house prices:

YoshiP is saying it was set this way so players don’t buy out all the lands right away and end up in situation where none is available. RMT estimated gil has been removed from their amount, they checked how much gil the FC’s have and got the estimates. with battle alone you should be able to earn 15000-18000, little bit over 20000 gil with role bonus every day. If you farm 7 days that’s good amount X number of members. It’s set so players can buy in 3 month time. He says again he will look at situation and make adjustments. The information posted on the patch notes it the highest amount and most likely not much people will buy, he wants people to use this as example to have players talk over how to gain the gil to purchase

Wait... the game doesnt add more housing instances after one is full?

Uthred

2.1 looks great, though there is the faintest hint of bait and switch about some of the stuff, "Look player housing!" (Actually its only for FC's), "Look, cool animal themed PvP armour!" (Actually thats not in and the PvP armour is mostly re-colours). Nothing major, just takes some of the gloss off.

Hopefully I'm getting Launcher Error Code: 2146697211 because of the maintenance.

Ah I was wondering why I was getting that as well

BadRNG

Any extreme weapon better than Zenith? Or is it going to be a good weapon for alt in all cases
WAR's is definitely better, and I'm not completely 100% on stat priorities of other classes but I think WHM and BLM could be better.

SMN and BRD have a case depending on your ACC levels. SCH, PLD, and DRG seem straight up downgrades.

Reknoc

2.1 looks great, though there is the faintest hint of bait and switch about some of the stuff, "Look player housing!" (Actually its only for FC's), "Look, cool animal themed PvP armour!" (Actually thats not in and the PvP armour is mostly re-colours). Nothing major, just takes some of the gloss off.

Well I'm pretty sure they said it would be just FC housing at first with player housing coming eventually.

Croyles

BRD primal weapon doesn't look very worth it. Dat loss of accuracy I can't afford. lol I want that blm one, though. <3

Same with the Allagan bow
-10 accuracy is bad if we have been following the coil/myth gear progression in turn 4 and 5, but the extra dex and vit could come in very handy for other things if the accuracy cap is lower.

If we can get the Allagan Ring from Turn 5 at some point it should be ok.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Aww, they're starting to fall asleep.
As entertaining as this is, I feel really sorry for them that they have to work until so late. I wonder if Yoshi will get any sleep during the maintenance...

Tash

Aww, they're starting to fall asleep.
As entertaining as this is, I feel really sorry for them that they have to work until so late. I wonder if Yoshi will get any sleep during the maintenance...

Pretty normal to not sleep at all during a patch like this as a dev. I speak from my own experience ;)

Croyles

There is no extra dex of vit and you lose 37 acc. It has crit and det instead of acc and skill speed. The det would be nice, but it's all so minimal anyway...

edit oh you said allagan lol That wasn't in the one I quoted!

I meant the Allagan bow but forgot to state that :p

desu

Same with the Allagan bow
-10 accuracy is bad if we have been following the coil/myth gear progression in turn 4 and 5, but the extra dex and vit could come in very handy for other things if the accuracy cap is lower.

Allagan Bow also has one extra Damage and is the strongest BRD weapon in the game.

Yu Narukami

Ran for the first time T1 this week-end with PUGs and it didn't go so well.
Unknown Soldier if you are reading this, thanks for your tips on silencing ADS.
Ken, I don't know if you were being sarcastic, saying "go fight Titan" when I asked for tips, but thanks anyway.

gatti-man

Ultra pumped for this update. Got my warrior lvling to give a option from my blm. I can't remember an mmo update offering so much content. How do I hold it all :

Got a vacation coming up in 5 days. Going to go chin deep in PvP and EMs.

studyguy

Paladin gains almost nothing outside of PvP. Tremor earrings I guess if you want more DET?
I mean I guess you could use the break blade if you don't already have the Allagan if you're trying to DPS on a target, but even then it's like.... eh. That's a heavy ACC loss.
PvPwise, the Onionshield is basically BLOCKALLDAYERRYDAY

theDeeDubs

Like others I officially jumped in during the PS+ deal a few weeks ago. Really enjoying my time so far. I'm hoping with this update the dungeons will be a good way to level because I enjoy that much more than FATE grinding. Only have a few issues that I would like to see changed that are mostly quality of life issues. I primarily play a healer and I like to keep the tank targeted most of the time. I would like to have an option to have my offensive spells automatically cast on the target of my target. Pretty sure WoW lets me do that. I'm finding the PS3 version surprisingly decent although I can't wait for the PS4 version. It's hard to go back to the PS3 UI after having a few weeks with my PS4. My other issue is I find the job availability a little lacking. I want Red Mage, Ninja, and Beastmaster in as soon as possible. I do think this game has great potential though. It has come so far since I played the original beta on PC.

Nohar

Well, I'm actually excited by the new dungeons (though I'm still not quite sure to know how I feel about the crystal tower). I can't wait for the game to be available again (also, going to level-up a scholar, always been interested by this job).

Mupod

Crystal Tower must have almost no ACC cap.
CT gear has like no ACC at all.

Yeah that really threw a monkey wrench in my plans. I was counting on the helmet to have accuracy.

I'll still be more than fine with the extreme primal axe, but I have no idea how long it's gonna take to get that. Thankfully I'm a tank so I can wait and focus my tomes elsewhere.

Nirran

Since school is done for the semester and the new patch looks amazing I resubbed again. Name was Nirran Edwards in game. Had just got my Ifrit cane for White Mage before school took over my life and was working on my relic. Excited to jump back in with all the new stuff they're putting in with 2.1

Stats on Dual Haken so good...but so ugly... D:

Can't give up the Bravura (Zenith) for...that. Even with it's lame ass Skill Speed...just can't. Get the damn vanity slots in SE. :(

Whereas Holy Lance looks awesome but sucks bad compared to Gae Bolg Zenith.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
From the stream re house prices:

Okay. So, they use data to price all of these worlds differently for housing but then throw down a standard amount of gil to be earned on all servers with these dailies that they hope will help with housing? What sense does this make? lol

Whatever.

studyguy

Oh, this must be the PVP materia.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/?category2=7&page=3&category3=58

Not quite what I was expecting, but being able to gear yourself for anti-sleep or stun is interesting. Hope it's cheap since I'll surely fail to attach it dozens of times.

Same, I was expecting MORALE+ materia or at least a more varied group that +resistance to ____ status effect. Oh well.
On the plus side, this probably means that you can spiritbond PvP gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom