• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

reson8or

Literally every Prae/CM speedrun I've done with a PS3er someone has said something about the ridiculous loading times. But congrats on never having that problem I guess? I've seen plentyt of NO PS3 in shouts for various shit too I promise I'm not making it up.

It's also a fact that the PC version is superior so there's no reason for PS3 if your PC can run it.

If you haven't played on PS3, then you really can't speak to it, can you? Just because someone is saying something doesn't make it true. Don't wax poetic about something you know little to nothing about. Those shouters are part of the problem with the negative pervasive attitude in the game right now.

pitbull

Banned
If you haven't played on PS3, then you really can't speak to it, can you? Just because someone is saying something doesn't make it true. Don't wax poetic about something you know little to nothing about. Those shouters are part of the problem with the negative pervasive attitude in the game right now.

I've gone in these groups, I've seen ps3 load times, I've brought bosses down to 25% and they've been locked out of boss fights.

I don't really encourage it but I'm sure as hell won't say everything is all rainbow farts and sunshine either.

tenchir

PS3 version is not atrocious stop spreading that shit. I do speed runs all the time, never had a complaint stop spreading misinformation. PS3 version has its problems, but is by no means as bad as you make it out to be.

I'm on the PS3, when I was solo tanking a Prae speedrun, most of my group was already on the hammer boss before I was even out of the cutscene and couldn't make the 15 second sprint toward the room. By the time I was locked out, they realized what happened. I still feel kind of bad for that wipe even though it wasn't my fault.

To be fair, it wouldn't hurt them to wait a little bit. This also occurred on the second run because we were proceeding so fast.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I have played both versions and have a member of my coil group using a PS3.

I agree the load times can be aggravating in CM, Prae, and Coil turn 4 when somebody is using a ps3. Another problem is many players are worse with the controler than they would be with a KB+M. But the loading taking 10 seconds longer is a pretty big deal.

If you think about every cutscene in Prae taking 10 seconds longer, that's well over a minute added to the speedrun. It isn't a huge problem with me since I don't do many back-to-back runs, but if I were to do back-to-back runs I would prefer they be with PC folk.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've experienced no problems with PS3 users personally. However, I am well aware of the fact that the game will be forever constrained by the platform. All of us will realize this (again) in time. The downside of cross platform MMO play with consoles. =/

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've experienced no problems with PS3 users personally. However, I am well aware of the fact that the game will be forever constrained by the platform. All of us will realize this (again) in time. The downside of cross platform MMO play with consoles. =/

We already see this with Behemoth, Odin, and Savarah. Making the game run on PS3 forever gimped the PC version. Hopefully this gets better with time as those users transition to the PS4.

Ferr986

With the new gathering fix, I wonder if I should just buy now my HQ AF for Botanist, even if Im 10 lvls away.
Its cheap now and I fear it may go higher if theres more Botanist reaching lvl 50.

Come on... this is the ultimate exaggeration. The only thing I haven't seen a Warrior MT yet is Turn 5, and no one has even beat that with a Paladin MT yet.

What gear does the WAR have compared to what the average PLD in Coil have? The only WARs I've heard of who even attempt to MT in the Coil are full ilvl 90 and they still get their faces torn off and require the best healers on the server to keep them up. Meanwhile PLD with ilvl 70 tank Coil just fine. I'm exaggerating to make a point but reality is not far from what I'm saying.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
We already see this with Behemoth, Odin, and Savarah. Making the game run on PS3 forever gimped the PC version. Hopefully this gets better with time as those users transition to the PS4.

I wouldn't count on it. They will have to develop around the PS3 for many years to come. It wasn't until Seekers than FFXI shed the PS2 (IIRC). Which was like 10 years after its release.

Mechakira

Neo Member
What gear does the WAR have compared to what the average PLD in Coil have? The only WARs I've heard of who even attempt to MT in the Coil are full ilvl 90 and they still get their faces torn off and require the best healers on the server to keep them up. Meanwhile PLD with ilvl 70 tank Coil just fine. I'm exaggerating to make a point but reality is not far from what I'm saying.

Turn 4 is the only fight in Coil where the MT/OT are tanking different things. Turn 1 each tanks the same snake, Paladin usually starts but with 0-1 stacks in that phase it's super easy anyway. Turn 2 is tank swap so it's completely identical. Turn 4 the Dreadnoughts (especially with 2 up) are definitely easier for a Paladin, but the rest of the enemies are better tanked with a Warrior anyway so it doesn't matter.

We're up to turn 5 with PLD/WAR, on Ultros non-Legacy, we started with roughly the same gear (slightly favoring the PLD if anything). We do have good healers though.

reson8or

I'm on the PS3, when I was solo tanking a Prae speedrun, most of my group was already on the hammer boss before I was even out of the cutscene and couldn't make the 15 second sprint toward the room. By the time I was locked out, they realized what happened. I still feel kind of bad for that wipe even though it wasn't my fault.

To be fair, it wouldn't hurt them to wait a little bit. This also occurred on the second run because we were proceeding so fast.

I've done CM tons, NEVER have a problem, never had anyone call me out or even notice.

Is Fracture worth using on DRG? Some people seem to think it's a waste of GCD.

It is a slight dps gain to use it. That is if you don't clip it, and always let it run out fully/the target lasts long enough for it to run out fully. I personally think it is too much of a hassle to use and fit into my rotation in almost all situations, but it is a dps gain.

Item Box

ffxiv_10092013_231853o7kke.png

dragonhead on a foggy night looks kinda cool

Alucrid

Banned
Thanks for the advice. Why wouldn't I want the Wyrm legs? And for the head: acc/det > crit/det? I guess the mobs start dodging more as the game progresses? It's starting to feel like FFXI in that regard where dexterity was important

ybNW11c.jpg

No. My base Acc with Relic+1 is 378. With all allagan except for chest, neck, ring and belt I get +98 acc, so I cap out at 475. With the wyrm legs you wouldn't hit the acc cap and otherwise this is the best stat gain.

Is Fracture worth using on DRG? Some people seem to think it's a waste of GCD.

While the damage is good and what not, the best use is because it pads out your rotation so you get the max uptime on your buffs/debuffs/dots.

How geared do you have to be as a DPS to carry your weight against Garuda HM?

I only have 4 pieces of Darklight right now. The rest is AK greens and a couple HQ crafted jewelry pieces.

Just wondering how much more I need to improve before I try for my Garuda weapon.

gatti-man

PS3 peeps also tend to dc/crash more than the PC players.

Tarazet

While the damage is good and what not, the best use is because it pads out your rotation so you get the max uptime on your buffs/debuffs/dots.

Which is important, because if you try to overwrite a buffed DoT (like Chaos Thrust) with an unbuffed DoT, it fails completely, meaning you wasted your combo and have to do it again.

Alucrid

Banned

I only have 4 pieces of Darklight right now. The rest is AK greens and a couple HQ crafted jewelry pieces.

Just wondering how much more I need to improve before I try for my Garuda weapon.

You'll be fine. I did Garuda in all AK with white accessories and the shitty GC bow. It's mostly knowing where to go during the fight so you don't end up dead.

Hubb

You'll be fine. I did Garuda in all AK with white accessories and the shitty GC bow. It's mostly knowing where to go during the fight so you don't end up dead.

But you are a bard and bards are op. I do agree though, knowing the fight is more important than what you are wearing for the most part.

studyguy

Already sounds like overkill for Garuda.
To be honest a nearly full AK gear and an ifrit weapon do just fine, Garuda isn't that bad if you all know what to do.

Torquill

It is a slight dps gain to use it. That is if you don't clip it, and always let it run out fully/the target lasts long enough for it to run out fully. I personally think it is too much of a hassle to use and fit into my rotation in almost all situations, but it is a dps gain.
Just pop it with HT and Phleb on bosses.

It's also good because it isn't disrupted by the need to move away like a FT combo

Lily

coerthas chat went full retard yesterday when talking about selling titan hm runs

C654q4i.png

amazing

lol this makes me soooooo mad. As a DRG i find going through my rotations super easy using a controller (play both versions and use the xbox controller on pc). Also, due to my class, i spend a lot of time running around, taking adds out, being in the correct position on bosses...its a lot easier to control than using kb/m. There's absolutely no disadvantage to using a controller. PC Elitist suck.

Ultrabum

Not that bad, under geared tanks will probably cause you problems. The hardest part is getting silence rotations down if you aren't using mumble.

As a monk I solo silenced the whole ads fight (except the first one which the pld did). We weren't on voice chat and were able to beat the snake too, it's pretty easy if you just don't bother with slimes after the split (assuming dps is high enough).

Already sounds like overkill for Garuda.
To be honest a nearly full AK gear and an ifrit weapon do just fine, Garuda isn't that bad if you all know what to do.

Thanks. I'll probably go ahead and give it a shot tonight then.

Watched a few videos about the fight so I shouldn't be completely lost when I get in there. Just gotta see it in action.

Thanks for the responses. Really sets my mind at ease.

Baleoce

Whilst we're on the topic of controllers, I need to know how to remap a function on one. Personally, I think having R3 as changing from 3rd/1st person perspective a huge waste for my needs. Is there any way I can bind this as an extra macro key? Or possibly even two if paired with L2/R2?

I'd settle for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom