• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Okay. So, they use data to price all of these worlds differently for housing but then throw down a standard amount of gil to be earned on all servers with these dailies that they hope will help with housing? What sense does this make? lol

Whatever.

hah that's pretty crazy indeed.

< New player on a legacy server. Gets ready for the slums. Should at least give us a corner on a street with cardboard boxes. I want that smelly rag buff effect.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
hah that's pretty crazy indeed.

< New player on a legacy server. Gets ready for the slums. Should at least give us a corner on a street with cardboard boxes. I want that smelly rag buff effect.

Exclusive first look at our FC house!

2fWFHGK.png

desu

Oh yeah, was there any mention of expanded armory/gearset slots? Already running out of space now with having every class geared, it's impossible to add pvp sets for every job ...

studyguy

Might have to swap to KB/M for PvP, I can see controller being a hassle in targeting for it.
I honestly don't care a lick for PvP though beyond simply getting cool looking gear. PvE is my bag, but I'll give it a whirl anyhow.

kierwynn

I wish there was already a spectator mode for PVP. It looks interesting, but I don't wanna do it. I'm not aggressive enough for it. lol

Might have to swap to KB/M for PvP, I can see controller being a hassle in targeting for it.
I honestly don't care a lick for PvP though beyond simply getting cool looking gear. PvE is my bag, but I'll give it a whirl anyhow.

No chumps allowed

I wish there was already a spectator mode for PVP. It looks interesting, but I don't wanna do it. I'm not aggressive enough for it. lol

I swear I will yell it: Elliott, kill kill, kill

Nohar

*blink* Wait, what changes to what? What did they do to the animal fat and co? Nevermind, going to check the patch note.

Okay. So, they use data to price all of these worlds differently for housing but then throw down a standard amount of gil to be earned on all servers with these dailies that they hope will help with housing? What sense does this make? lol

Whatever.

It makes perfect since in that housing is a gil sink; the servers who are awash with way more gil floating around in the economy are intended to slowly be 'bled' out over time towards something closer to the non-legacy server values.

There wouldn't be a point in inflating gil generation on servers that they want to bleed out extra gil from. The intent is deflation.

studyguy

Not only that, but IVs will be attainable from sub-50 equipment and the rate of getting IVs is getting raised across the board.

Just a matter of time till they release the rank V materia and gear. For now the i70 is fine, but all that shit will probably be obsolete come next patch. Rather just hold off for now since I'm clearing Twin without it and hoard my IV.

It makes perfect since in that housing is a gil sink; the servers who are awash with way more gil floating around in the economy are intended to slowly be 'bled' out over time towards something closer to the non-legacy server values.

There wouldn't be a point in inflating gil generation on servers that they want to bleed out extra gil from. The intent is deflation.

No lessons learned from Zimbabwe, then.

WolvenOne

Any word if any of the new items require Phil Tomes mats? With all these alternative upgrade paths, I would almost just assume empty my Phil Tomes to zero, if the mats were worth real Gil again.

Teknoman

I've saved my healer enough times with Cover until I could get my aggro back from him that I wouldn't say there are no situations where I haven't significantly helped a party.

Here's a perfect example of how using Cover saves a raid. I messed up on the snap aggro required to grab the 2 Clockworks at 4:16 and our WHM had them on him. I couldn't get them off and his HP was dropping so I put Cover on him, that gave him breathing room so I could get aggro off him and we finished Turn 4.

Whats the best way to use cover with a game pad though? Or can you just target who you need once you activate cover?

So thats what the "Chronicles of a new era" section was for.

Mupod

Whats the best way to use cover with a game pad though? Or can you just target who you need once you activate cover?

a macro with that specific healer's name would work.

anyways, cover's primary use for me was dealing with holy spamming WHMs in WP speedruns. With the nerf to holy and the buff to shield oath I dunno how much use I'll get out of it. If a DPS pulls aggro on one target I just stun the mob usually.

WolvenOne

Incidentally, seems the past few days, the unstable servers have been exacerbated by an unstable connection on my end as well. I've changed my settings, and that seems to have fixed it. Hopefully everything will be back to normal when the servers go back up tonight at 1AM my time.

creid

Incidentally, seems the past few days, the unstable servers have been exacerbated by an unstable connection on my end as well. I've changed my settings, and that seems to have fixed it. Hopefully everything will be back to normal when the servers go back up tonight at 1AM my time.
I would not expect these servers to go up on time.

a macro with that specific healer's name would work.

an easier way to do that would be to put the person you anticipate needing to cover during the fight (i.e. the Healer) into a specific spot in your party, and then set up the macro to cover the person in spot ( /ac "Cover" <2> I believe)

studyguy

It is, and the stat boost is eeeeever so slightly better than Bravura+1. Not a big upgrade mind you, but there's a little incentive to grab one aside from aesthetics.

For someone who hasn't bothered to +1 their bravura, I might just grab it.
Anyone going cold into a job would probably find a lot of these weapons tasty.

So are any of the new SMN weapons better than the +1? I just have a relic right now.

And I'm watching a vid of Turn 5. This sounds like the craziest fight yet...it looks really intimidating but I still want to do Coil...maybe one day.

WolvenOne

For someone who hasn't bothered to +1 their bravura, I might just grab it.
Anyone going cold into a job would probably find a lot of these weapons tasty.

Well, of course, a lot of this depends on what you need to do to get the Dual Hakon. If it's a Crafting item, i'd imagine it'd cost something like a million Gil, at least initially. If it's something you can buy from the PVP store, then it'll depend if its easier to grab that, or to beat HM Ifrit/Garuda/Titan, and to collect 900 Philosophy Tomes.

I mean, I suspect the PVP store's going to use currency other than GIL, so you'll probably have to participate in PVP to get PVP items, unless you buy them off the market board.

Granted, this is largely speculation at this point.

Khatoz

So are any of the new SMN weapons better than the +1? I just have a relic right now.

And I'm watching a vid of Turn 5. This sounds like the craziest fight yet...it looks really intimidating but I still want to do Coil...maybe one day.

It's an amazing fight, phase 1-2 aren't that hard once you get used to them, but phase 3-4 can be brutal as they both have elements that can instant kill anyone. This wouldn't be so bad if the fight itself weren't so long.

SE could had made 2 encounters out of this fight and its mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom