• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Good luck to your GAF homes, even made of money our server has the second most expensive plots. Anything beyond a Medium plot is like nope, never for a while.

Mupod

Well, of course, a lot of this depends on what you need to do to get the Dual Hakon. If it's a Crafting item, i'd imagine it'd cost something like a million Gil, at least initially. If it's something you can buy from the PVP store, then it'll depend if its easier to grab that, or to beat HM Ifrit/Garuda/Titan, and to collect 900 Philosophy Tomes.

I mean, I suspect the PVP store's going to use currency other than GIL, so you'll probably have to participate in PVP to get PVP items, unless you buy them off the market board.

Granted, this is largely speculation at this point.

It's from beating all 3 extreme primals. The PVP weapons have Direwolf in the name and are bought via marks you win in PVP.

I feel like people are voting for everything other than Gridania just to spite me.

I don't know how people really think our leaders are so dumb that they wouldn't notice blatant vote switching just to make sure Limsa doesn't win.

The big stupid flaw is that for some reason the vote system in Guildworks lets you change your vote and opens up the ability to abuse it like this.

Khatoz

I don't know how people really think our leaders are so dumb that they wouldn't notice blatant vote switching just to make sure Limsa doesn't win.

The big stupid flaw is that for some reason the vote system in Guildworks lets you change your vote and opens up the ability to abuse it like this.

But wouldn't this just be people changing their minds and going for the best house plots since it has the best GC next to it "Immortal flames 4 life"... @_@

WolvenOne

It's from beating all 3 extreme primals. The PVP weapons have Direwolf in the name and are bought via marks you win in PVP.

Huh, so the reward for beating the HM Primals is a lvl 90 weapon, (once you apply Mists,) the reward for beating the EM primals is, another lvl90 Weapon?!

Would not have expected that.

kierwynn

It's not like anyone has been trying to hide it. They were talking about it in FC chat the other day. I'm pretty sure there is going to end up being a revote anyway since we're now kinda far off from buying anything. I think that's best anyway cause then people can get a chance to actually go see each of the areas before voting.

Mupod

Huh, so the reward for beating the HM Primals is a lvl 90 weapon, (once you apply Mists,) the reward for beating the EM primals is, another lvl90 Weapon?!

Well, you save 900 myth tomes. And Dual Haken poops on Bravura+1 so there's that.

As for the votes, it'll be a while before we can even afford a plot, so everyone will have a chance to walk around and make an informed decision.

Isn't the initial relic i80?

And please let Limsa win people. It's the beach!

Plus it reminds me of this:
zs4neDR.jpg

This is why Limsa is the only true option.

WolvenOne

Ah, so Thanalan's in the lead huh, and I didn't have to switch my vote or anything. XD

Seriously though, I'll live with wherever, because I'm pretty sure we'll eventually have plots in all three regions sooner or later anyway. Granted, they'll probably be smaller lots, but even a single large Lot will run out of room for furniture and wall-mounts sooner or later.

We'll need the additional space, just to store our swag after awhile. XD

Edit: The small and medium lots should be fairly affordable after 90 days, and I suspect we'll have enough Gil to grab one of the large lots in another 2-3 weeks. Worst case is that we have to wait for new Lots to become available in 2.2, and this'll only happen if people somehow manage to snag up a lot more property than we expect. The downside of course, is that any new lots will probably be full priced, and lack any of the markdowns that the 2.1 lots have.

J-Rod

Noob question, can the crafted accessories (rose gold, astral, etc.) be converted? It states so clearly on the in game item description, but the sb meter hasn't budged for me.

Mupod

Noob question, can the crafted accessories (rose gold, astral, etc.) be converted? It states so clearly on the in game item description, but the sb meter hasn't budged for me.

Yep, and they tend to turn into good stuff. If you're doing coil they spiritbond very fast, for example my darksteel legs/chest were sitting at ~20% after weeks of doing WP but hit 100% after a handful of turn 4 attempts.

kierwynn

Not home to dl the patch. :,( Won't be home for another few hours. As long as I get it done before the server are back, I suppose.
Time to quit work.

WolvenOne

zs4neDR.jpg

The initial is i80, but it's so easy to upgrade it to lvl90, especially after CAP raise. Granted, if you don't want to spend 900 Tomes, and you have a good party, going after the EM Primals will probably be a very attractive option. Or may be, until you actually try beating them. I really hope it takes the top-GAF players close to a month to really clear all EM Primals + HM Ultima Weapon. Might be a bit over-optimistic of me, I know. XD

Anyhow, I'm fine with anywhere, of course. My choices are roughly, Thanalan -> LaNoscea -> Black Shroud, in that order. I don't know why, but I have a thing for brushy deserts. XD

Another big stupid thing is that they decided to use it to pick Uldah, the worst of the 3. I could live with Gridana even if Limsa is better. Uldah is a sandy butthole.

J-Rod

Yes but it takes a long while to spiritbond.

Yep, and they tend to turn into good stuff. If you're doing coil they spiritbond very fast, for example my darksteel legs/chest were sitting at ~20% after weeks of doing WP but hit 100% after a handful of turn 4 attempts.

Thank you guys. It looks like it hasn't budged at all, but I haven't done coil and have only spammed wp since I got them.

Kenai

Dling the patch now. Says 45 min but it's going at a steady rate so it might be sooner, I hope it isn't like 11 where it took forever to DL during primetime, otherwise I might be ronrey when I log in after work.

teiresias

How many people in the FC are still yet to finish the story? I've still got Praetorium to finish and I've been hesitant to PUG it since I'd like to be able to watch the cutscenes, but I've not bothered trying to get together a group of FC people when I'm online. I'm afraid everyone will be too busy with new content to help out us non-story finished people. I'd like to get past it so I can start helping people on the end-game raids and primals.

How many people in the FC are still yet to finish the story? I've still got Praetorium to finish and I've been hesitant to PUG it since I'd like to be able to watch the cutscenes, but I've not bothered trying to get together a group of FC people when I'm online. I'm afraid everyone will be too busy with new content to help out us non-story finished people. I'd like to get past it so I can start helping people on the end-game raids and primals.

I didn't have any issues pugging it, I was able to get in within 20 minutes and I was DPS! Otherwise, your best bet is to get on during primetime and the FC can power you through it. I'm usually not on during primetime except on my days off but I would help if I can.

I'll help you tomorrow if you are on before my group starts to do stuff which is around 7pm est.

kierwynn

So who is planning to be in game if the servers come online early or even at 3 am PST?

I think my plan is to sleep early and wake up early cause I'm pretty useless when I am sleepy. lol

I don't think many people really speed run it anymore since WP is way faster and gives you myths, so I wouldn't think you would have too many issues with people being angry over watching cutscenes. (Who knows, though- I could be wrong) I'm sure FC will help, though.

WolvenOne

Yeah, go ahead and hit me up when the servers are back on. Prea's fairly fun, and a GAF End-Game carry group can power through it in something like 25 minutes. (Not including Cut scenes.)

teiresias

I didn't have any issues pugging it, I was able to get in within 20 minutes and I was DPS! Otherwise, your best bet is to get on during primetime and the FC can power you through it. I'm usually not on during primetime except on my days off but I would help if I can.

I'll help you tomorrow if you are on before my group starts to do stuff which is around 7pm est.

Thanks guys, I'll maybe try and get off work early tomorrow and head on and start bugging people to help out, hehe.

Does anyone really run Praetorium for Tomes and so are anal about cutscene watchers when doing a PUG? That's the main reason I was hesitant doing a PUG - I know it used to be an issue, but wasn't sure about now.

[EDIT] Ah, saw kierwynn's answer about the above. Still, my one horrendous PUG experience in Haukke Manor pretty much swore me off of it forever nearly. Such @holes on there sometimes.

Mupod

I really hope it takes the top-GAF players close to a month to really clear all EM Primals + HM Ultima Weapon. Might be a bit over-optimistic of me, I know. XD

They really don't look that bad. And they're tuned for people in significantly worse gear than those who have been running coil for a while.

If anything the only thing holding people back from clearing them quickly is simply that this patch has so much other stuff to do.

Wilsongt

I look forward to not running any of the new primals for several months while the rest of the Sargatanas FC runs em and maxes gear within a week or so. =/

rykomatsu

zs4neDR.jpg

All I see are sun burn, skin cancer, premature aging.

All I smell is the putrid stench of rotting sea life mixed with the smell of salt and other vile smelling things

And lots of seagull droppings, i don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to live on the oceanfront.

WolvenOne

They really don't look that bad. And they're tuned for people in significantly worse gear than those who have been running coil for a while.

If anything the only thing holding people back from clearing them quickly is simply that this patch has so much other stuff to do.

I dunno, the listed min-gear for Titan HM is something like 60, and while it is technically feasible to beat Titan like that, most groups are going to need something closer to avg lvl 70 for Titan HM. So, when I see fights where the min-average equip lvl is 75-80-85, well, I expect those to be a pretty darn big challenge for most groups. XD.

Besides, I have a formula for this. For HM Ifrit-Garuda-and Titan, it averaged out to taking a little over a week for me to beat each. (Titan and Garuda skewed Ifrit) Assuming it takes most players roughly the same time for roughly each of these four bosses, thats about a month.

Some will get through them faster, of course, but hopefully not TOO much faster.

I look forward to not running any of the new primals for several months while the rest of the Sargatanas FC runs em and maxes gear within a week or so. =/

Not with that attitude! Get in there and power through! You can do it! Look at me, in a little over a month, I made a new character which became my main and easily outgears my original character.

All I smell is the putrid stench of rotting sea life mixed with the smell of salt and other vile smelling things

And lots of seagull droppings, i don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to live on the oceanfront.

I live in a very sunny part of the country, I NEEDS lots of sun. This is why Limsa is the best. Plus it has a beach. The Beach! Darnit Vivid, vote for Limsa

WolvenOne

Deleted poll for now, will reinstate it closer to when we are buying house for several reasons.

Fine by me. I'm actually kinda glad we won't be buying a house immediately. Gives us time to check out the spots. Plus it means a few weeks where we all have to go play the whole capitalism game, and that's fun. XD

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Because it's better than living in the butt-hole of the desert.

rykomatsu

Not with that attitude! Get in there and power through! You can do it! Look at me, in a little over a month, I made a new character which became my main and easily outgears my original character.

I live in a very sunny part of the country, I NEEDS lots of sun. This is why Limsa is the best. Plus it has a beach. The Beach! Darnit Vivid, vote for Limsa

I used to live in San Diego for 5 years. I went to the beach 3 times after being forced to go. I hate the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom