• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I dunno, the listed min-gear for Titan HM is something like 60, and while it is technically feasible to beat Titan like that, most groups are going to need something closer to avg lvl 70 for Titan HM. So, when I see fights where the min-average equip lvl is 75-80-85, well, I expect those to be a pretty darn big challenge for most groups. XD.

Besides, I have a formula for this. For HM Ifrit-Garuda-and Titan, it averaged out to taking a little over a week for me to beat each. (Titan and Garuda skewed Ifrit) Assuming it takes most players roughly the same time for roughly each of these four bosses, thats about a month.

Some will get through them faster, of course, but hopefully not TOO much faster.

Extreme Ifrit only requires ilvl 70.

WolvenOne

BTW, somebody suggested yesterday, that the various GAF Coil groups pick four representatives, and we all hold a Grande GAF PVP Turny, to determine which group is the very best, (Like no one ever was!)

That actually sounds quite fun, but hopefully we have a week or two to learn the ins and outs of PVP. Not to mention that I'll need time to adjust to the new WAR mechanics, assuming I was one of my groups reps. (That, would be a pretty darn big assumption.) XD

WolvenOne

Extreme Ifrit only requires ilvl 70.

That the Min Average, and like I said, for Titan HM most groups needed to go above the Min Average to beat him. So I fully expect a lot of groups will need to get close to, averaging lvl 80, before they have the leeway they need to get past Ifrit for the first time.

Edit: For further context. When I fought Titan HM, I was averaging probably roughly about, lvl 69, in terms of armor. I had all but one piece of Darklight Heavy Armor, and one piece of Darklight Fending Jewelry. Right now, I'm probably averaging about, 78, and thats with almost Full lvl90 armor, and Relic+1. Fact is, most my jewelry is still Darklight, and I have one piece of lvl60 Armor on, because the lvl70 Heavy armor isn't very flexible.

I think I'm actually fairly representative of a lot of people making Coil Runs, so I hardly think Coil groups are massively over geared for EM Ifrit.

theta11

That the Min Average, and like I said, for Titan HM most groups needed to go above the Min Average to beat him. So I fully expect a lot of groups will need to get close to, averaging lvl 80, before they have the leeway they need to get past Ifrit for the first time.

Most people who beat Titan HM early did so in AK gear with Ifrit weapons.

Alucrid

Banned
Most people who beat Titan HM early did so in AK gear with Ifrit weapons.

Yep. It was pretty much what we were in when we did it. A month for the EM primals seems ridiculous, it would make them some of the hardest fights in the game besides Turn 5.

Aeana

Yep. It was pretty much what we were in when we did it. A month for the EM primals seems ridiculous, it would make them some of the hardest fights in the game besides Turn 5.

I fully expect our group to work out all of them this week. I think we should get together and try them tomorrow or Wednesday.

WolvenOne

Well, a lot of people have insisted to me that Titan is harder than Turn 1, and possibly Turn 2. Turn 2 seems a bit of a stretch, but regardless I'd still place Titan HM roughly in that area of difficulty.

Well, if that's the case, the EM Primals wouldn't need to be THAT much harder, to approach Turns 4 and 5 levels of difficulty.

Which is exactly what I wanted them to do, since the hardcore players need something to keep them challenged.

Khatoz

Well, a lot of people have insisted to me that Titan is harder than Turn 1, and possibly Turn 2. Turn 2 seems a bit of a stretch, but regardless I'd still place Titan HM roughly in that area of difficulty.

Well, if that's the case, the EM Primals wouldn't need to be THAT much harder, to approach Turns 4 and 5 levels of difficulty.

Which is exactly what I wanted them to do, since the hardcore players need something to keep them challenged.

I would argue that Titan and Turn 1 are almost at the same level of difficulty, the only thing is that you can brute force Turn 1 once you get enough gear, Titan stays the same.

Turn 2 is an execution check if you don't do the enrage/easy mode strat, for us at times its more difficult that turn 4, which again with enough gear you can just brute force for the most part.

Doubt that EX Primals will be anywhere close to Twin's, the issue with Twin is the length of the fight as well as how on phase 3-4 there's elements that can not only instant kill someone, but instant kill your whole group.

Overall expect world first on Garuda/Titan within hours of the patch coming live and Ifrit to go down not long after that.

For most of our GAF coil groups it shouldn't take long to get the kills.

pitbull

Banned
ONT YOU WISH THAT CURSE ON ME TIA!

hoping to get at least a couple down this week thought, along with moogle mog so i can punchin buns with moogles

avg ilvl 90 soon to be 91 if elliot would quit making tacos during raids

WolvenOne

Whys the game dead? Have subscriber numbers been dropping?

Not really, Alucrid's just bitter, because he's on a server full of hardcore veterens, that blew through all the available content like there was no tomorrow.

Seriously, they ran out of sub-classes to level. o_O

WolvenOne

I don't think it's any of your business how other people like to play games.

It isn't, but it does get tiring, listening to people belly ache about having nothing to do. Strictly speaking, while T5 is by far the hardest 2.0 content, even now there's a ton of 2.0 content I haven't gone through.

If somebody chose to play ultra hard, and plow through content, it's their business. If they're going to publicly belly-ache about it though, and MAKE it my business, then don't blame me if I criticize them a bit for not properly pacing themselves.

*Sigh*

I hate being critical, really. I just get tired of HEARING about it.

Aeana

It isn't, but it does get tiring, listening to people belly ache about having nothing to do. Strictly speaking, while T5 is by far the hardest 2.0 content, even now there's a ton of 2.0 content I haven't gone through.

If somebody chose to play ultra hard, and plow through content, it's their business. If they're going to publicly belly-ache about it though, and MAKE it my business, then don't blame me if I criticize them a bit for not properly pacing themselves.

*Sigh*

I hate being critical, really. I just get tired of HEARING about it.

Well, I assure you that everybody is just as tired of hearing about it from you. Your high-and-mighty my-way-is-the-only-proper-way diatribes and lectures were played out long ago.

WolvenOne

Well, I assure you that everybody is just as tired of hearing about it from you. Your high-and-mighty my-way-is-the-only-proper-way diatribes and lectures were played out long ago.

I don't bring up this topic much intentionally. I would prefer to spare people the subject altogether. It's not exactly an enjoyable topic of conversation.

frequency

The most exciting thing in 2.1 for me is the Inventory Sort feature.

I was manually sorting all this time but let it get bad the last month.

My inventory and retainers and armoury are basically unusable right now and I haven't bothered with Market or leveling other jobs because of this.

Inventory sorting, please don't disappoint me!

Teknoman

a macro with that specific healer's name would work.

anyways, cover's primary use for me was dealing with holy spamming WHMs in WP speedruns. With the nerf to holy and the buff to shield oath I dunno how much use I'll get out of it. If a DPS pulls aggro on one target I just stun the mob usually.

Same here. I usually dont lose aggro, but I havent really had much party experience outside of our free company. And even when I do, its usually 3 of us and 1 duty finder person, who tends to be pretty good. But figured i'd check on cover since i've got it on my crossbar.

EDIT: Is there a section on our FC site that has GAF names matched with FFXIV names?

what server are you on anyways crack

you still play league?

I'm in your FC (Kawazi). And I play like one game a week still unfortunately.

He's Kawazi.
Can't believe you guys still don't know who's who on GAF/in game! :(

Learning is hard! I can't keep all the names straight with some people having similar/same last names in-game.

can't stand that robokittyzilla guy, thinks he's the boss of the FC or something.

Yep, he's probably just stealing all our gil and gonna buy a house for him and Strawberry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom