• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I'M IN

jg798n4EKuNwN.png

Apoptomon

Almost in (12900 in queue). I can see the data center choice being top level on the menu taking some geting used to for people with characters on multiple servers.

Ahh, they add this wonderful region info for teleports and of course they don't do it for Aethernet points. Oh well off to the "Aftcastle" another few months.

Sophia

16 new slots when you press L2+R2 or how do you mean it?

You can set the order in which you press it. So pressing R2 first gives you one bar, and pressing L2 first gives you another. Totally customizable, of course.

Daily Roulette bonus info: Low Level gives Philosophy (100) + Mythology (10), High Level gives Mythology (40), Main Scenario gives Philosophy (200), and Guildheists give GC Seals. You have to be level 50 to get tomes.

Meciu

The Duty Roulette is a bonus on top of what you normally get, although you only get it once per day.

Great news, it's not much once a day, but helps enough when combined :)

You can set the order in which you press it. So pressing R2 first gives you one bar, and pressing L2 first gives you another. Totally customizable, of course.

Daily Roulette bonus info: Low Level gives Philosophy (100) + Mythology (10), High Level gives Mythology (40), Main Scenario gives Philosophy (200), and Guildheists give GC Seals. You have to be level 50 to get tomes.

How many?

Yu Narukami

The Duty Roulette is a bonus on top of what you normally get, although you only get it once per day.

How much philos does CM+Preat give? 100?

So running 3 dungeons a day of each category, you can make 500 philos and 80 myths.
3 WP's is 300/90. Difficult choice there.

Sophia

How much philos does CM+Preat give? 100?

So running 3 dungeons a day of each category, you can make 500 philos and 80 myths.
3 WP's is 300/90. Difficult choice there.

Right, both CM and Praet give 100. So you'd get 300 Philosophy if you ran one of them through the Duty Roulette feature. :D

Also the Wolves Den PvP area is amaaaazing.

Sophia

Oh my god. PvP itself is amazing. I just won my first game. O_O

Also is this game kidding me? You have to go around to every city to unluck the beauty salon? Ugh.

WolvenOne

Sadly, I was only able to check out the Barber and the new WAR combat, I've gotta get to bed since I'm a working man.

Gadzooks, it's amazing how many people are just charging ahead into things like Garuda, Ultima, and Crystal Tower. I kinda figured they'd tier everything, to force people to take time pacing out everything. I guess that's not much of a concern, when it'd only slow people down a little anyway.

Well, hopefully content isn't entirely exhausted by the time I log back in tomorrow evening. I kinda want a few bosses to be, "unknown waters," when I get around to doing them. XD

I am still salty after doing hm Ifirit over 76 times and never getting the bow to drop, but im getting that urge to resub.

Going to wait to see if monks are any better than before though, was interested in playing one before I quit.

WolvenOne

I am still salty after doing hm Ifirit over 76 times and never getting the bow to drop, but im getting that urge to resub.

Going to wait to see if monks are any better than before though, was interested in playing one before I quit.

Word has it that monks are OP now. I need confirmation of course.

Sophia

Um, wow! Almost 1000 XP per mob kill as a level 23 healer in Copperbell Mines. Mind you, I have full rested, but stil.... they may have buffed dungeon XP TOO much...

docbon

First few matches of pvp went about as I expected.

Kiting with sprint and LOS seem to be key for pvp healing, though the former seems much harder against ranged classes. I don't like this 100% interrupt rate at all, since I feel it pigeonholes me into blowing 6 lustrates on myself to stay alive every match while my team focuses the opposing healer. If the other healer isn't dead by that time, I'll then need to use a surecast / swiftcast. After that, I sink like a rock.

I wasn't terribly impressed after a good ten matches, but I'll continue giving it a go over the next few weeks.

Meciu

Um, wow! Almost 1000 XP per mob kill as a level 23 healer in Copperbell Mines. Mind you, I have full rested, but stil.... they may have buffed dungeon XP TOO much...

Low level dungeons grind as Archer/Bard, Conjurer/White Mage and Marauder/Warrior, here I COME!

Sophia

Low level dungeons grind as Archer/Bard, Conjurer/White Mage and Marauder/Warrior, here I COME!

This is insane. I got a full level off Copperbell Mines while levelsynced.They weren't kidding when they said it'd be the fastest way to level.

Ploid 3.0

I can't order my pet to do anything (fairy), "Your pet is in a free stance. Actions cannot be ordered." I tried putting it in guard, then back to steady, tried fighting a mob to give it sic, then gave it obey. Nothing on each stance. What am I doing wrong?

Meciu

Has anyone been to Pharos Sirius? On official forums some almost full i90 players say that the fight with Siren is absolutely ridiculous.. wonder if it's really that hard and why?

Wow. PVP is a gigantic fucking grind. Super expensive armors, no PVP quests that I've seen,and you get about 50 tokens per match. I have 400ish after 8 wins.

I haven't spent AP, but it seems that AP is shared between classes. Can anyone confirm? This would mean there is no easy way to make a PVP build for each class you play without buying the 5000 token AP reset. 5000.

I don't get it. My biggest gripe with this game is that it keeps shackling you to one job. What is the point of the job system then? You're better off having multiple characters.

Are Scholar Faeries broken or something? Just did AK on Scholar and my faerie abilities were greyed out the entire time (through multiple resummons) and I couldn't manually have them use anything in either steady or obey. It was actually worse than before. Is there a new menu I'm hopefully missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom