• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Threw on the snow hair and eyebrow tattoos on my highlander.
I now have eyebrows, it's like I'm a brand new race!

Highlander eyebrow tatoos seem to be all the rage lately.

I spent a decent amount of time last night trying to get them to match my hair color.

WolvenOne

bloodbath and berserk are off gcd so you sneak them in between GCDs which is why it seems like your IB fires off immediately because you're not using it after a normal gcd skill.

if inner beast was off gcd that would be really good because wars dont have that many offensive off gcd abilities to fill rotations with (i usually just fill with brutal swing and mercy stroke when applicable). i'd argue it'd even be a little op.

The New Inner Beast is almost overpowered as is. It wouldn't take much to send it firmly into that territory. XD

studyguy

Highlander eyebrow tatoos seem to be all the rage lately.

I spent a decent amount of time last night trying to get them to match my hair color.

Felt like a caveman without them.
It's like not including nipples on your character models... but on your face.
So naked without them.

WolvenOne

bloodbath and berserk are off gcd so you sneak them in between GCDs which is why it seems like your IB fires off immediately because you're not using it after a normal gcd skill.

if inner beast was off gcd that would be really good because wars dont have that many offensive off gcd abilities to fill rotations with (i usually just fill with brutal swing and mercy stroke when applicable). i'd argue it'd even be a little op.

The New Inner Beast is almost overpowered as is. It wouldn't take much to send it firmly into that territory. XD

I probably should have noticed it was on GCD, really. You are right though, that it'd be nice to have one more OGCD attack, for moments when you really need a burst of DPS fast.

kierwynn

Got two premade GAF parties in the same CT run again. It's pretty easy to queue up 2 different groups and end up together. We want to try 3 groups, but can't find 8 more people who need/want to go. Hopefully this weekend! An all GAF CT would be great. It would be nice if we could go in with 3 premade groups, but at least this is possible for now.

studyguy

Got two premade GAF parties in the same CT run again. It's pretty easy to queue up 2 different groups and end up together. We want to try 3 groups, but can't find 8 more people who need/want to go. Hopefully this weekend! An all GAF CT would be great. It would be nice if we could go in with 3 premade groups, but at least this is possible for now.

Do you just queue up at the same time?
My group hasn't even gotten a chance to run CT due to the silly FATEs.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I will definitely join once they fix the fates and I don't have to sit around for 6 hours just to get access.

kierwynn

Do you just queue up at the same time?
My group hasn't even gotten a chance to run CT due to the silly FATEs.

Yeah, we all queued at the same time and if it didn't pop at the same time, we all withdrew and requeued. If it popped at the same time, everyone but the leaders accepted. We watched the "members accepted" for a bit to make sure the numbers matched for a consistent amount of time, then they accepted.

pitbull

Banned
there are no 2.1 moogle mog strats videos or twitches out.... it would be a shame if a gaffer didnt make the first one

also i got assploded by god knows what in the fight, i sounded like scything every time i fell over dead from nothing "wot"

dammit nvm, found a twitch :/

Aeana

We need to run with our groups together once we get everyone CT access. Some of us are just waiting until after the hotfix tonight.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
there are no 2.1 moogle mog strats videos or twitches out.... it would be a shame if a gaffer didnt make the first one

also i got assploded by god knows what in the fight, i sounded like scything every time i fell over dead from nothing "wot"

dammit nvm, found a twitch :/

I watched one today. The fight doesn't look hard once you figure out the order to kill the mogs.
BLM > WHM > ARC > BRD > THF > WAR > PLD is what I saw on the video.
Also, the thing that made you explode was likely the huge AOE the king does that takes up half the arena.

WolvenOne

I definitly want to go, and while I cannot speak for the rest of my Coil group, I think most if not all would be interested in getting into an All Gaf CT group. XD

kierwynn

We need to run with our groups together once we get everyone CT access. Some of us are just waiting until after the hotfix tonight.

Yeah, we figured as much. I think we should try setting up a 3 group run this weekend or something. The tower is pretty fun, but it gets super frustrating with dumb pugs. We couldn't complete the instance last night because the two pug groups were so bad.

Meh, no luck getting anyone to do guildhests with. Moogle Mog shall have to wait I suppose. Thanks Zan, Blake and Tiv...it was fun to finally beat Pharos...that dungeon is kinda rough. I figure in another week or two, everyone will have it down easily.

WolvenOne

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that 24 man Same Server premades are supposed to be coming sooner or later, I would just assume Raid content be kept off the Duty Finders for awhile, and nerfed like crazy later one when moved to DF.

But, so long as they get 24 Premades going, it should be fine eventually.

WolvenOne

Meh, no luck getting anyone to do guildhests with. Moogle Mog shall have to wait I suppose. Thanks Zan, Blake and Tiv...it was fun to finally beat Pharos...that dungeon is kinda rough. I figure in another week or two, everyone will have it down easily.

I actually haven't ran Pharos yet, but, yesterday I spent most of my time running known dungeons, getting a feel for how the new War worked. XD

Hopefully you're right though, I'd like to get that place down pat in a week or so. :)

I actually haven't ran Pharos yet, but, yesterday I spent most of my time running known dungeons, getting a feel for how the new War worked. XD

Hopefully you're right though, I'd like to get that place down pat in a week or so. :)

1st boss: Kinda a jerk, the dumb debuffs stack and you go BOOM if you get 3. Takes a little getting used to. Not sure what to do here but killing the adds and trying to avoid the aoes is key.

2nd Boss: Easy. Kill one egg when it's about to hatch, let the other hatch and kill it. Then attack the boss until the eggs are about to hatch (glowing), rinse and repeat

3rd boss: Kill it

Siren: When Siren uses her song on someone, healer HAS to top them off or they get charmed and go after someone. Kill the zombie seargeants, then the other adds. When she disappears, pan the camera around to see where she appears. If she goes to the center, stack under her. If she goes to the edge, RUN to the edge.

EDIT: I just noticed a lot of people are sporting that ponytail look now that FABULOUS HAIRDRESSER is free in Eorzea. Especially in Ultrosgaf.

WolvenOne

1st boss: Kinda a jerk, the dumb debuffs stack and you go BOOM if you get 3. Takes a little getting used to. Not sure what to do here but killing the adds and trying to avoid the aoes is key.

2nd Boss: Easy. Kill one egg when it's about to hatch, let the other hatch and kill it. Then attack the boss until the eggs are about to hatch (glowing), rinse and repeat

3rd boss: Kill it

Siren: When Siren uses her song on someone, healer HAS to top them off or they get charmed and go after someone. Kill the zombie seargeants, then the other adds. When she disappears, pan the camera around to see where she appears. If she goes to the center, stack under her. If she goes to the edge, RUN to the edge.

EDIT: I just noticed a lot of people are sporting that ponytail look now that FABULOUS HAIRDRESSER is free in Eorzea. Especially in Ultrosgaf.

My character has a bit of a ponytail, with his hair partially pulled back, buuut, it's been that way since 2.0. It's somewhat unique without being totally absurd. I hope it doesn't become too common, my character isn't all that unique looking to begin with. <_<

qtk1eSK.jpg

Can't see the back from here, but is this the style you're talking about?

WolvenOne

You have to do FATEs to get Eternal Ice...the one I did was just outside of Drybone. You have to get hit by a snowball from the tree before you can damage the imps.

Definitly going to do that today. I want that so I can combine the outfit with my WAR AF when cosmetic slots are available. XD

creid

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that 24 man Same Server premades are supposed to be coming sooner or later, I would just assume Raid content be kept off the Duty Finders for awhile, and nerfed like crazy later one when moved to DF.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggg
It's "just as soon"

WolvenOne

I'm hoping they fix that relic quest, sucks to hear people haven't been able to complete it.

Fix it how? Chimera and Hydra aren't THAT tough, and Titan, well, Titan's tough, but it's mostly a matter of being able to assemble a competent group.

That's the thing though, if you simply, "can't," assemble a competent group, and need to rely on the DF for everything, you're going to struggle a lot. I mean, it's a social game, so you need to have some social organizational skills, even if you have a Duty Finder to help you out.

Not that I don't feel bad for these people left behind, I do. It's just, their biggest problem isn't going to be solved by a nerf.

Edit: Sigh, I feel really insensitive when I re-read this.

Fix it how? Chimera and Hydra aren't THAT tough, and Titan, well, Titan's tough, but it's mostly a matter of being able to assemble a competent group.

That's the thing though, if you simply, "can't," assemble a competent group, and need to rely on the DF for everything, you're going to struggle a lot. I mean, it's a social game, so you need to have some social organizational skills, even if you have a Duty Finder to help you out.

Not that I don't feel bad for these people left behind, I do. It's just, their biggest problem isn't going to be solved by a nerf.

Edit: Sigh, I feel really insensitive when I re-read this.

A. That's rather harsh and mean thing to say.
B. The quest line is bugged, people haven't been able to finish it at all, despite fulfilling requirements for it like beating Chimera/Hydra or the HM primals.

WolvenOne

A. That's rather harsh and mean thing to say.
B. The quest line is bugged, people haven't been able to finish it at all, despite fulfilling requirements for it like beating Chimera/Hydra or the HM primals.

I realize it sounds harsh, and I really wish I could find a more diplomatic way to phrase it. I just think that providing additional tools for organization, (which they seem to be doing,) is preferable to an abrupt nerf.

Oh, you're talking about a bug, that's different. What bug, I haven't heard about anything, save for the, "don't switch jobs mid-quest-line," thing.

desu

So 2.1 is barely out and I feel already pretty bored.

2.1 has a lot of neat improvements, but also does so many things wrong. Basically 2.1 is what 2.0 should have been, at least I could have accepted the excuse that they run out of time then (to include full FC runs of CT for example).

Best thing they have included is Titan Ex, a nice improvement over the hard version. Garuda Ex and Ifrit Ex are okay but not as interesting somehow. Hildebrandt questline was pretty funny too!

The rest of the content is mostly boring imho.
PVP as of now seems totally broken and I fear that in the future they gonna change a lot of skills just to adjust them for PVP (let's hope not).
Housing itself is cool, grinding the money for it for weeks/months is kind of less cool (on Ragnarok not a single piece of land has been sold yet) but on the other side I think it's okay that not everyone can just buy a house straight away, most of the content in the game is aquired too easily anyway).
Dailies are a okay idea I guess, but to me it feels rather tedious and boring doing the same thing every day for weeks/months to get a extra minion/mount.
Duty Roulette is another good idea, It's just that I have no clue what to grind Myth for anymore, pointless currency.
The whole way they changed the weapons is kind of weird, Titan weapons are a good Relic replacement and the extreme Primal weapons aren't too bad either. More variety is pretty good I just don't know what for.

Virus/RoD/Limit break nerf/changes also did not make a different in Coil which is good I guess.

WolvenOne

So 2.1 is barely out and I feel already pretty bored.

2.1 has a lot of neat improvements, but also does so many things wrong. Basically 2.1 is what 2.0 should have been, at least I could have accepted the excuse that they run out of time then (to include full FC runs of CT for example).

Best thing they have included is Titan Ex, a nice improvement over the hard version. Garuda Ex and Ifrit Ex are okay but not as interesting somehow. Hildebrandt questline was pretty funny too!

The rest of the content is mostly boring imho.
PVP as of now seems totally broken and I fear that in the future they gonna change a lot of skills just to adjust them for PVP (let's hope not).
Housing itself is cool, grinding the money for it for weeks/months is kind of less cool (on Ragnarok not a single piece of land has been sold yet) but on the other side I think it's okay that not everyone can just buy a house straight away, most of the content in the game is aquired too easily anyway).
Dailies are a okay idea I guess, but to me it feels rather tedious and boring doing the same thing every day for weeks/months to get a extra minion/mount.
Duty Roulette is another good idea, It's just that I have no clue what to grind Myth for anymore, pointless currency.
The whole way they changed the weapons is kind of weird, Titan weapons are a good Relic replacement and the extreme Primal weapons aren't too bad either. More variety is pretty good I just don't know what for.

Virus/RoD/Limit break nerf/changes also did not make a different in Coil which is good I guess.

Well, 2.1 is mostly compromised of features that were originally planned for release, but had to be pushed back. Basically, we're seeing the end results of the rushed development cycle, which are thankfully nowhere near as bad as the end results of 1.0's rushed development cycle.

I am sad to hear that you're either at, or near your limit. It might be smart to let your sub lapse and to pick things back up when 2.2 or 2.3 hits. I suspect that by then they'll finally be adding more Coil turns, and other content at that difficulty level.

I mean, I hate to, "tell," people to let their sub lapse, but if they've burnt themselves out, then returning later is probably the best I can hope for. XD

Zaptruder

Banned
Gotta say the 3 residential areas are beautiful! Shame about the prices :(

(yep, the NPC interacts with you when you get close to her)

Ugh. I want that Miqote sit animation so bad ; ;

My female midlander just sits funny... grasping her knee with legs stretched out. Just doesn't work for anything but wide flat spaces.

Edges without sit detection is a no no. And the sit animation itself is just so... timid and plain. D:

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Do you get the daily bonus per level (low level, high level, etc) or is it just a one time bonus for the day regardless of which level you choose?

Sophia

Do you get the daily bonus per level (low level, high level, etc) or is it just a one time bonus for the day regardless of which level you choose?

Per roulette per day. So you can get it from each of the four categories. It's nice if you're working on early Darklight gear pieces, because it means you get one a day for the first 4-5 pieces. :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Per roulette per day. So you can get it from each of the four categories. It's nice if you're working on early Darklight gear pieces, because it means you get one a day for the first 4-5 pieces. :D

That is pretty excellent news. Thank you.

desu

I mean, I hate to, "tell," people to let their sub lapse, but if they've burnt themselves out, then returning later is probably the best I can hope for. XD

Not really burnt out, just not enough to do for Legacy players.

Anyway I started with a 6+1 (PS3) month sub so I got plently of time left. I also still want plently of pieces from Coil, however with the stupid loot system it might take months to get those (like we've seen a single pair of BRD boots from T4 in 3,5 months).

Sophia

In a way, I kind of wish I was a legacy player. Yet at the same time I'm glad I'm not. I have a ton of content to and am not going to get burned out for at least two months.

Jayhawk

Where can I find details on what I can use player commendations for?

I have about a dozen so far from running each type of duty roulette today and yesterday.

Mononoke

Banned
Is the lightning hair only exclusive to those that completed the Lightning Event Quest? That kind of stinks if is, I wasn't a high enough level to get past the third part of the quest. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom