• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Is the lightning hair only exclusive to those that completed the Lightning Event Quest? That kind of stinks if is, I wasn't a high enough level to get past the third part of the quest. :(

You will have the event again in Feb.

Tabris

So newbie time with Tabris!

I'm now GLA 26 (15 CNJ already done), got my Chocobo, and joined the Flames Immortal. Been doing the Hatati (sp?) dungeon multiple times to gear up before going forward.

PLD by Friday!

Qvoth

Is the lightning hair only exclusive to those that completed the Lightning Event Quest? That kind of stinks if is, I wasn't a high enough level to get past the third part of the quest. :(

pretty sure you can get the hairstylist quest as long as you've cleared the 1st lightning fate

After seeing the ADS table, we need to save up for that large FC house.

Since the primal stuff only lets you have one of each, should I just sell the feather for more funding?

Meh, no luck getting anyone to do guildhests with. Moogle Mog shall have to wait I suppose. Thanks Zan, Blake and Tiv...it was fun to finally beat Pharos...that dungeon is kinda rough. I figure in another week or two, everyone will have it down easily.

Blake (and Remiel) here, glad to help.

Finally got to tank Titan HM as WAR in 2.1...lol. I think he's easier as a WAR now, Vengeance and Inner Beast make Mountain Busters hit for pathetic damage. One of them hit for like 1300 HP. 1300 out of my 7500. XD

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
lol Siren making bitches of people. The groups I get can't figure out the simple Hydra-ish AoE in the center of the room >< Oh, and not stunning Lunatic Voice. =/

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Of course after I spend 45 minutes creating my character, the damn servers go under maintenance. What's a good World to join? I'm in NA (west coast).

Mononoke

Banned
You mean the pigtails? :)

c27602ff2017ff7ff67be269b1a60523_5047bc596a4bab2dc7f7c120bb22dec5fc0_96x96.jpg

Yes it is.

Boooo.

pretty sure you can get the hairstylist quest as long as you've cleared the 1st lightning fate

I got the hairstylist quest. I just didn't get the lightning hair (at least, it wasn't available when I unlocked the barber).

EDIT: looks like the Lightning Quest will be back in Feb. Cool cool.

Nirran

Where can I find details on what I can use player commendations for?

I have about a dozen so far from running each type of duty roulette today and yesterday.

There's an achievement for them in sets.

10 -> Title
50 -> Chocobo Baby minion
100 -> Vanity Crown
300 -> Chocobo Barding
500-> Gold Magitek Mount.

Of course after I spend 45 minutes creating my character, the damn servers go under maintenance. What's a good World to join? I'm in NA (west coast).

Between Sargatanas and Ultros, go with the latter (home of the main GAF guild, lower housing costs, non-legacy, etc.).

Yaaaaaaaay I finally got the Collector's Edition for PS3!! Installing now and taking ages obviously :)

I think I'll go with a Lancer, I'm between that and Archer. Are the classes/jobs balanced enough or should I go with a Tank/Healer instead if I want anyone to play with me? :p

BTW, there are no problems with having an EU account and playing in a US server like Ultros, right? I should have no major latency problems.

Zaptruder

Banned
Yaaaaaaaay I finally got the Collector's Edition for PS3!! Installing now and taking ages obviously :)

I think I'll go with a Lancer, I'm between that and Archer. Are the classes/jobs balanced enough or should I go with a Tank/Healer instead if I want anyone to play with me? :p

BTW, there are no problems with having an EU account and playing in a US server like Ultros, right? I should have no major latency problems.

Tank and Healer are definetly the class to go if you want a quick duty finder/automated party system queue.

And from there, you can use your tank/healer jobs to grind up stuff for your DPS classes.

I started with Paladin and then went White mage, bard and now Dragoon, and the first jobs have been feeding the DPS ones.

Yu Narukami

You should have no major latency problems.

You should have no major latency problems.

Awesome :)

Tank and Healer are definetly the class to go if you want a quick duty finder/automated party system queue.

And from there, you can use your tank/healer jobs to grind up stuff for your DPS classes.

I started with Paladin and then went White mage, bard and now Dragoon, and the first jobs have been feeding the DPS ones.

I see, thanks. Main problem is that the last (and only) time I played an MMO I was a tank, played with a very small group (and solo too often) and got burnt out as it was super hard to level up or do anything by myself :( I don't know if the WAR is more solo-able here. I wanna be able to do some damage :p

Another short question: changing classes is restricted until you get to a certain point I guess?

PS: I just realized I don't have my usb keyboard here, fuck.

Yu Narukami

Awesome :)

I see, thanks. Main problem is that the last (and only) time I played an MMO I was a tank, played with a very small group (and solo too often) and got burnt out as it was super hard to level up or do anything by myself :( I don't know if the WAR is more solo-able here.

Another short question: changing classes is restricted until you get to a certain point I guess?

PS: I just realized I don't have my usb keyboard here, fuck.

The things that need to be done solo can be done with any class without problems. As a tank you will never have problems to find a group.

Changing classes can be done at level10 for the classes in your starting area and level15 for classes from other main areas. It's possible to change to classes from other areas at level 10, but I wouldn't do it. Just play the story until level 15, you'll see why.

Mononoke

Banned
what, what? :(

I was just booing the part about the lightning hair being exclusive to those that have completed the event quest. I want the hair, but I can't have it. :(

Thankfully they are bringing it back in Feb I guess. Which gives me time to level my character up.

The things that need to be done solo can be done with any class without problems. As a tank you will never have problems to find a group.

Changing classes can be done at level10 for the classes in your starting area and level15 for classes from other main areas. It's possible to change to classes from other areas at level 10, but I wouldn't do it. Just play the story until level 15, you'll see why.

Hmmm I still have an hour until the update is complete, so I can think about it :D I've only seen gameplay from BLM, ARC and LNC (precisely the ones I tried in the beta), so I'm going to look for some warrior footage now.

Alright, to level 15 it is :) Thanks a lot for your help, I truly appreciate it.

I'm in the middle east for a month or so, and endgame content is definitely doable. You should be fine!

Fantastic, thanks :)

Ploid 3.0

So that Pharos Sirius song is very short and only play at the opening of the dungeon? I really liked that from the trailer. Bummer if so.

Edit:

PVP exp and wolf points difference between lvl 40 and lvl 50.
BCkNqGP.jpg

Ken

No. But Braith was saying she had a similar problem in FC chat earlier.

One thing I noticed was the arrows weren't lighting up on the jump platforms in Turn 3.

Yeah I couldn't see a single Sacred Soil cast on Garuda EM today. I have party effects turned off but that shouldn't affect it since SS was visible pre-patch to me.

I would. Walking all the way through the Shroud until Ul'dah while avoiding the lv30+ enemies is one hell of an adventure. You can use a Chocobo, but it's less exciting.

kiryogi

Banned
Between Sargatanas and Ultros, go with the latter (home of the main GAF guild, lower housing costs, non-legacy, etc.).

We're playing this game again? Main GAF LEGACY resides on Sargatanas is the difference, and the lower housing costs don't matter considering it'll match soon. Plus at this point in the game. . . non-legacy or legacy doesn't matter.

K.Sabot

I managed to finish Castrum for the 300 philo on a 15kb/s connection I got from usb tethering my pc to my phone's free data plan because my internet is down.

And I only disconnected twice!

aceface

Treasure hunting is a lot of fun, I just wish for the high level maps the enemies were harder and the rewards were better. My wife did 3 level 50 maps last night, it recommends 8 players but no way did the mobs that spawned require 8. Loot seemed AK level at best and the gil varied a lot. One time she got around 5,000 gil, once about 1,800 and once 200. If it was 5,000 every time it would be a great way for an FC to raise money for housing. At least it's a quick 5 myth.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Just finished Ultima HM. What a fight! It took us a few tries, but we managed by using the healer LB3 to get us back after the last phase of tethered balls (there has to be a better way to say that).

Can't wait to run it again to get my jewelry drops.

edit: oh, congrats Torquill. Did you get any drops?

Jayhawk

Treasure hunting is a lot of fun, I just wish for the high level maps the enemies were harder and the rewards were better. My wife did 3 level 50 maps last night, it recommends 8 players but no way did the mobs that spawned require 8. Loot seemed AK level at best and the gil varied a lot. One time she got around 5,000 gil, once about 1,800 and once 200. If it was 5,000 every time it would be a great way for an FC to raise money for housing. At least it's a quick 5 myth.

I did two level 5 map hunts in a party of five last night. My gil reward was 1692 gil for each of the two. HQ level 50 gathering materials and shards were randomly split between the five people. The chest contents were iLvl 48 accessories, and frosted glass lens (material for furniture). 5 myths per person per hunt as well.

Torquill

Just finished Ultima HM. What a fight! It took us a few tries, but we managed by using the healer LB3 to get us back after the last phase of tethered balls (there has to be a better way to say that).

Can't wait to run it again to get my jewelry drops.

edit: oh, congrats Torquill. Did you get any drops?
No. Two months and not a single DRG drop. Tanaka has not given is his blessings on drops. That's one reason it took so long.

Yeah on Ultima, on the last balls, each DPS just suicides on a pair and then we healer LB. Easier than trying to coordinate shared damage; so little time on the last set.

Ultima HM is easily my favorite fight in the game ATM. And easilly too 3 in any MMO ever. So much fun.

Luigi87

Damn, my friends (who still have barely played it >_<) bought this from GMG the other day, and now it's $15 again at Amazon.

I think I should level Carpentry as I wait for them.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
No. Two months and not a single DRG drop. Tanaka has not given is his blessings on drops. That's one reason it took so long.

Yeah on Ultima, on the last balls, each DPS just suicides on a pair and then we healer LB. Easier than trying to coordinate shared damage; so little time on the last set.

Ultima HM is easily my favorite fight in the game ATM. And easilly too 3 in any MMO ever. So much fun.

Damn, you should be in my static; we get at least 2 drg drops every time we run T1-T4.

Yu Narukami

I haven't tested this myself but if you want Roulette Bonus but don't want to run the new dungeons just queue in iLv48 gear. That way new dungeons are locked and you will run WP or AK and get a nice bonus.

studyguy

Playing on controller since the patch has been great save for the autorun button which is stuck to the L1 button and can't be switched off. Since the patch, you now autorun basically anytime you move the camera unless you absolutely do not move your character while adjusting the camera.

Incredibly annoying and there are threads up on the forums regarding it. Actually ended up running off the edge of Demon Wall roulette due to fighting autorun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom