• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultros GAF is rank 7 now and we recently hit the 50 million mark! It still seems like there is a long way to go, but if we all work together we can definitely achieve it. I hope you enjoy the new FC crest design. Now onto rank 8 and some additional FC buffs!

Quick questions about housing, hopefully someone here is in the know.

1st: What's the current limit on plots a FC can purchase. (If we can buy more then one, then maybe we should be looking at medium lots in different areas?)

2nd: What's the difference between Medium and large Lots. The large ones don't look that much bigger in terms of land space, but, if Medium can only support two floors, while large ones support three, that'd be a huge difference.

3rd: It's safe to assume that they'll be expanding lots, and increasing the FC land purchase limit in future updates, right?

1/3) You can only purchase one plot currently. Yoshi P said they are considering the allowance of additional land plots in the future. They also have the capability to add additional wards as needed but they can't do it on the fly. I suspect that the additional land plots will be contingent on how they decide to handle personal housing.

2) Large houses have 3 floors.

After seeing the ADS table, we need to save up for that large FC house.

Since the primal stuff only lets you have one of each, should I just sell the feather for more funding

Yes. We have one of everything (and some extras) and we can always farm more as needed.

Treasure hunting is a lot of fun, I just wish for the high level maps the enemies were harder and the rewards were better. My wife did 3 level 50 maps last night, it recommends 8 players but no way did the mobs that spawned require 8. Loot seemed AK level at best and the gil varied a lot. One time she got around 5,000 gil, once about 1,800 and once 200. If it was 5,000 every time it would be a great way for an FC to raise money for housing. At least it's a quick 5 myth.

I was thinking about this yesterday. If we could get a dedicated group together, or multiple groups, it sounds like it could still have some good earning potential.

8x map per day with 5,000G reward = 320,000 gil per day, 2.24 million per week. This does not include the possible sale of crystal shards and other item drops that could be sold on the market.

8x map per day with 1,000G reward = 64,000 gil per day, 448,000 per week. Again, this does not include any additional sales.

This is best case scenario obviously, but with 5 or more groups doing this (on top of continuing donations and earnings from other sources), we could possibly have enough for that large first class house in 30 days. Organizing this right now would be a bit of nightmare though and could cause some people to get burned out. I'd rather we just do things naturally but at least a little concerted effort could go a long way.

frequency

Why did they change the PC menu? Now it takes me 2 clicks to do what I did in 1 before. So dumb...

Playing on controller since the patch has been great save for the autorun button which is stuck to the L1 button and can't be switched off. Since the patch, you now autorun basically anytime you move the camera unless you absolutely do not move your character while adjusting the camera.

Incredibly annoying and there are threads up on the forums regarding it. Actually ended up running off the edge of Demon Wall roulette due to fighting autorun.

I had that problem before the patch. Did it get worse or are people just noticing it now?

Camera Zoom was always L1 and because the game is too dumb to remember your camera position, whenever it resets because it clipped into a wall or something, I had to manually zoom out again by holding L1... which makes me auto run.

I do it a lot while changing targets too via L1/R1 when holding L2/R2.

studyguy

I had that problem before the patch. Did it get worse or are people just noticing it now?

Camera Zoom was always L1 and because the game is too dumb to remember your camera position, whenever it resets because it clipped into a wall or something, I had to manually zoom out again by holding L1... which makes me auto run.

It's far more pronounced post patch.
Before you had to hold the L1 button for a while before it activated autorun and it didn't seem to activate while moving the camera.

Now if you so much as tap L1, you autorun if you're using the left control stick at all, while tanking, you end up shuffling about like an idiot for a while trying to get a hold of autorun pretty often. It's incredibly annoying and didn't happen at all prepatch.

So if I use a controller on the pc version and use the cross hotbar layout is there still a way I can use the vertical hotbars and put them on the sides for stuff like gear sets and stuff in case I wanna just mouse over it for a quick class change

frequency

Before you had to hold the L1 button for a while before it activated autorun and it didn't seem to activate while moving the camera.

Now if you so much as tap L1, you autorun if you're using the left control stick at all, while tanking, you end up shuffling about like an idiot for a while trying to get a hold of autorun pretty often. It's incredibly annoying and didn't happen at all prepatch.

Ah that makes sense. I have a habit of holding buttons down longer than I need to so it was already a problem for me before.

But if this is happening for more people now, hopefully they will let us remove autorun from L1. I never autorun (on purpose) anyway.

Anyone having trouble seeing an ally's Sacred Soil/Prism post-patch?

I can't see my own Shadow Flare since the patch. Haven't tried sacred soil yet. Not sure what the setting could be, but it's super annoying.

So if I use a controller on the pc version and use the cross hotbar layout is there still a way I can use the vertical hotbars and put them on the sides for stuff like gear sets and stuff in case I wanna just mouse over it for a quick class change

Yes, just go into your hotbar settings and activate the ones you want.

creid

Treasure hunting is a lot of fun, I just wish for the high level maps the enemies were harder and the rewards were better. My wife did 3 level 50 maps last night, it recommends 8 players but no way did the mobs that spawned require 8. Loot seemed AK level at best and the gil varied a lot. One time she got around 5,000 gil, once about 1,800 and once 200. If it was 5,000 every time it would be a great way for an FC to raise money for housing. At least it's a quick 5 myth.
Did she have a different number of people in her party each time, or was the party size the same for each? I'm wondering if it affects the amount of gold you receive.

creid

I was thinking about this yesterday. If we could get a dedicated group together, or multiple groups, it sounds like it could still have some good earning potential.

8x map per day with 5,000G reward = 320,000 gil per day, 2.24 million per week. This does not include the possible sale of crystal shards and other item drops that could be sold on the market.

8x map per day with 1,000G reward = 64,000 gil per day, 448,000 per week. Again, this does not include any additional sales.

This is best case scenario obviously, but with 5 or more groups doing this (on top of continuing donations and earnings from other sources), we could possibly have enough for that large first class house in 30 days. Organizing this right now would be a bit of nightmare though and could cause some people to get burned out. I'd rather we just do things naturally but at least a little concerted effort could go a long way.
I was just thinking about this for Red Dot on Sarg, though I have no idea how many high-level gatherers we have. Burnout should be low since it takes such little time (~2 min to get the map, 2-3 min to warp to each fight) but it really depends on how steady the gil rewards are. Just got my first Peisteskin map this morning, so I'll have to see what we get.

aceface

Did she have a different number of people in her party each time, or was the party size the same for each? I'm wondering if it affects the amount of gold you receive.

8 person party each time, three different parties too. Even got the same set of mobs for the last two but for the last one for some reason it said silver and only gave out 200 Gil.

dramatis

Everyone in party receives some money. Which is why people should really run with 8 people instead of doing with less members just because the monsters that spawn aren't that hard. From 2 screens I took I know I earned 1692 gil for each hunt, we will probably need to test if everyone receives a flat fee per hunt or if the payment is dependent on participation.

Also, we need to pool philo items for FC, apparently the upper level primal furniture requires 18 philo items each.

pitbull

Banned
someone tell qhon to quick peaking up skirts and let him know that shadow flare and "bubble" are considered effects of others now. So if you want to see them you'll have to turn effects back on.

I couldn't see it either since i have effects animations and everything turned off for everyone. I like to see what i die to when people make me run thru tornados :(

someone tell qhon to quick peaking up skirts and let him know that shadow flare and "bubble" are considered effects of others now. So if you want to see them you'll have to turn effects back on.

I couldn't see it either since i have effects animations and everything turned off for everyone. I like to see what i die to when people make me run thru tornados :(

Well, you know what's on his mind all the time!

image.php

Torquill

Why did they change the PC menu? Now it takes me 2 clicks to do what I did in 1 before. So dumb...

I do it a lot while changing targets too via L1/R1 when holding L2/R2.
Camera now remembers your zoom and I have a sneaking suspicion that change is the cause. I too notice auto run fires when I don't mean it too now. I ran straight into a piercing laser last night cause of it

aceface

Damn, my friends (who still have barely played it >_<) bought this from GMG the other day, and now it's $15 again at Amazon.

I think I should level Carpentry as I wait for them.

Oh thanks for the heads up on that, just bought another PC copy so me and my wife can play simultaneously. 3rd time I've bought this game, I'm Square's bitch apparently.

I'll have to re-roll (poor Tomo's probably getting retired) but with exp raining from the heavens in 2.1 it shouldn't take me too long to get up to where I was.

creid

Everyone in party receives some money. Which is why people should really run with 8 people instead of doing with less members just because the monsters that spawn aren't that hard.
I knew that much. I wasn't sure if there was a set amount of gil that is in the chest that is just split evenly among all the members, or if each member just gets a set amount of gil, no matter how many members are in the party.

studyguy

Dalies have also made me entirely thankful for my FC. From WHM who don't bother to DPS, to DPS with gear from 20 levels ago... Man it's pretty bad sometimes.

At least no one is an asshole so long as commendations are concerned. Haven't seen a kickvote yet.

Alucrid

Banned
Dalies have also made me entirely thankful for my FC. From WHM who don't bother to DPS, to DPS with gear from 20 levels ago... Man it's pretty bad sometimes.

At least no one is an asshole so long as commendations are concerned. Haven't seen a kickvote yet.
I wiped to the first boss of qarn last night four times, luckily we pulled through. I hope I get Ifrit as a daily today

Aeana

WHM who don't DPS isn't the end of the world. Or even that big of a deal at all. You'll live.
I'd be much more concerned about a WHM who is focused on DPSing and not on healing.

aceface

The first boss of Qarn isn't that bad...

It's the last boss with all of the lasers that hurts.

And fuck those bees.

For Qarn they really souped up the tell for the lasers. The aoe hit zone is about twice as big and twice as dark now. Should be pretty easy to dodge them, I would think.

Zomba13

Awww shit. That was the major cause of death for me against Titan. Took me a bit to realise it was that causing it. I wondered why sometimes I just lost proper control of my character. Eventually figured it out though. Sucks if they've made it easier to accidentally auto-run.

studyguy

WHM who don't DPS isn't the end of the world. Or even that big of a deal at all. You'll live.
I'd be much more concerned about a WHM who is focused on DPSing and not on healing.

Yesterday was the first time in months I had experienced getting pushed back to the quagmire near the rear at AK Demon Wall. Everyone was in +1 and DL/Myth so I thought it was easy street. Hell no, not sure if the whole team was taking a break or what, but the WHM literally did nothing but drop a regen or a heal, not even an aero. Now that I think of it the BRD didn't even keep his DoTs up... strange parties all around.

It's not the end of the world, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to contribute if I'm in a party. I might as well not do anything but flash as a tank if I was going by how that team played. Also didn't realize they patched out some of the enemies at AK. There's only two succubus now and only two enemies at the gate before Demon Wall.

Sophia

Yesterday was the first time in months I had experienced getting pushed back to the quagmire near the rear at AK Demon Wall. Everyone was in +1 and DL/Myth so I thought it was easy street. Hell no, not sure if the whole team was taking a break or what, but the WHM literally did nothing but drop a regen or a heal, not even an aero. Now that I think of it the BRD didn't even keep his DoTs up... strange parties all around.

It's not the end of the world, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to contribute if I'm in a party. I might as well not do anything but flash as a tank if I was going by how that team played. Also didn't realize they patched out some of the enemies at AK. There's only two succubus now and only two enemies at the gate before Demon Wall.

Somehow I don't think "Only flashing as a tank" compares to "Not doing a secondary job while healing." :p

Jayhawk

A tip that may have not been mentioned in this thread yet: Don't unlock Haukke Manor (Hard Mode), Copperbell Mines (Hard Mode), and Pharos. Then, your duty roulette for level 50 dungeons is limited to WP and AK. 30+40 myth tomes doing this duty roulette for each unique day -> 490 tomes if you do this every day in a week -> cap of 450 easily hit.

The first boss of Qarn isn't that bad...

It's the last boss with all of the lasers that hurts.

And fuck those bees.

Plus if you're ranged, you can stand on the hill on the left side of the room and avoid the Doom effect altogether. Makes the fight super easy.

But man did they make lasers easier to dodge how, and they were easy to dodge at first anyway.

Caj814

A tip that may have not been mentioned in this thread yet: Don't unlock Haukke Manor (Hard Mode), Copperbell Mines (Hard Mode), and Pharos. Then, your duty roulette for level 50 dungeons is limited to WP and AK. 30+40 myth tomes doing this duty roulette for each unique day -> 490 tomes if you do this every day in a week -> cap of 450 easily hit.

But the new dungeons were fun!

Is the lightning hair only exclusive to those that completed the Lightning Event Quest? That kind of stinks if is, I wasn't a high enough level to get past the third part of the quest. :(

It was supposed to be available if you completed the quest "For the Winsome", which was the first step. If you did that, you should be able to use it.

WolvenOne

Somebody probably mentioned this already, but Amazon has PC downloads of FFXIV available for 15USD again. Retail copies are of course, not on sale.

If you have a friend that's been thinking about getting into the game, you might consider pointing them towards that sale.

BadRNG

Somehow I don't think "Only flashing as a tank" compares to "Not doing a secondary job while healing." :p
Doesn't it though? Flash spam can quite easily keep aggro, and with the Shield Oath changes it takes fewer flashes than ever so MP is not an issue. The only reason I wouldn't do that is because flash doesn't do any damage, but if dps is a "secondary" job then a tank just flashing and then semi-afking is the same as a healer who just follows and tosses out one or two heals while semi-afking.

Kenai

So I am not sure if anyone else has done Turn 1 since the patch, but when we went in last night we couldn't drop targeting reticules on the platform we normally tank the snake. This included SCH Place pet command and Sacred Soil, SMN Shadowflare, BRD Fire Aoe, ect. It was only that platform and I was wondering if it was a bug or if anyone else has encountered it.

Doesn't it though? Flash spam can quite easily keep aggro, and with the Shield Oath changes it takes fewer flashes than ever so MP is not an issue. The only reason I wouldn't do that is because flash doesn't do any damage, but if dps is a "secondary" job then a tank just flashing and then semi-afking is the same as a healer who just follows and tosses out one or two heals while semi-afking.

Now, I'm 90% sure a tank would have to actually use additional skills to continue to maintain aggro, so that comparison doesn't really hold weight. If I literally never need to cast healing during a dungeon because everything is going so perfect I'd definitely consider it due to the additional effects from some SCH spells mitigating stuff, but we are talking about a situation where the DPS can't kill a boss in a timely fashion. That means that they are either undergeared or underskilled, and will likely need "extra" healing as well as the extra mana used for that. If I overgeared that as well and I have a few GCDs to spare and it actually ends up killing the boss as a result, fine. But let's not overdramatize how likely that scenario actually is vs the DPS taking hate from an AFK tank.

studyguy

That was my line of thought.

Also holy shit the shield oath buff was entirely unnecessary.
I can rip hate off of anything incredibly easy now. Tried using a WAR offtank and unless he kept his enmity combo, I had to jump down to Sword Oath to not tear hate from him or stop all together. It's nutty how quickly PLD gains enmity now. At least before it felt like you actively had to be aware of your hate, now it's just hit 123 and sleep through the rest of the fight.

WolvenOne

Ultros GAF is rank 7 now and we recently hit the 50 million mark! It still seems like there is a long way to go, but if we all work together we can definitely achieve it. I hope you enjoy the new FC crest design. Now onto rank 8 and some additional FC buffs!

1/3) You can only purchase one plot currently. Yoshi P said they are considering the allowance of additional land plots in the future. They also have the capability to add additional wards as needed but they can't do it on the fly. I suspect that the additional land plots will be contingent on how they decide to handle personal housing.

2) Large houses have 3 floors.

Yes. We have one of everything (and some extras) and we can always farm more as needed.

I'm planning on doing treasure maps every chance I get, once I have miner leveled to the right point. I'm at 18 now, so I could do it in a few days, assuming I found a few days where I'm not feeling inclined to push heavily at the new content. XD

Anyhow, thanks for answering my housing questions. If we were allowed to grab unlimited lots, I'd be pushing for simply grabbing a Medium lot now and buying additional lots as we ran out of space. Since that isn't an option, I guess we have no choice. Even a large Lot probably won't be enough for a FC our size, but if we can only buy one a large lot is the best option.

Not that my opinion would've counted for anything, mind you. XD

Torquill

Who does this and why are they playing the game?

Haukke Manor HM was fun as hell. Dat second boss...

First boss at Pharos was fun to figure out too.
We couldn't get past Siren though, adds kept fucking up the healer. As a tank, should I mainly be stunning her moves or running to the adds and helping DPS kill them?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

We couldn't get past Siren though, adds kept fucking up the healer. As a tank, should I mainly be stunning her moves or running to the adds and helping DPS kill them?

I dunno about the other stuff, but Lunatic Voice should be stunned at 50%. If you don't, your healer will hate you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So the game is $15 on Amazon right now and I'm thinking of picking it up. Do I get any benefits for being Legacy from OG FFXIV?

Also, is this relatively casual friendly, or is it pretty hardcore in that I need to really dedicate a LOT of time to achieve anything worthwhile?

Wilsongt

Tank should hold onto Siren. Healer should do their best to keep everyone topped off at full HP, and the DPS should kill the crawling adds ASAP. If the crawlers grab you, you're out of commission for a bit. Best not to let that happen to the tank.

WolvenOne

So the game is $15 on Amazon right now and I'm thinking of picking it up. Do I get any benefits for being Legacy from OG FFXIV?

Also, is this relatively casual friendly, or is it pretty hardcore in that I need to really dedicate a LOT of time to achieve anything worthwhile?

I don't know if it was launch only, but XIV OG owners were able to bring over their data from 1.0, so long as it was to a legacy server.

omlet

3,5 months for a single pair of boots from T4, woho!

3.5 months and still no monk pants from T1, and still only one tank body, woho!

fml

Last night I think we got 5 or 6 accessories from 1-4 and they all went to alts, it was terrible.

WolvenOne

3.5 months and still no monk pants from T1, and still only one tank body, woho!

fml

Last night I think we got 5 or 6 accessories from 1-4 and they all went to alts, it was terrible.

I will admit, that they need to do something about those drop tables. Our DPS classes are quickly approaching the point where they're going to have to pass on everything, and our non-DPS classes are averaging only 1-2 items each after all these weeks.

We haven't even SEEN bard gear drop yet. o_O

Edit: I just wish they'd break down at put a few chests on T3, so that they could narrow down the tables slightly everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom