• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixian

So I am not sure if anyone else has done Turn 1 since the patch, but when we went in last night we couldn't drop targeting reticules on the platform we normally tank the snake. This included SCH Place pet command and Sacred Soil, SMN Shadowflare, BRD Fire Aoe, ect. It was only that platform and I was wondering if it was a bug or if anyone else has encountered it.
Our SCH had this problem too.

pitbull

Banned
I will admit, that they need to do something about those drop tables. Our DPS classes are quickly approaching the point where they're going to have to pass on everything, and our non-DPS classes are averaging only 1-2 items each after all these weeks.

We haven't even SEEN bard gear drop yet. o_O

Edit: I just wish they'd break down at put a few chests on T3, so that they could narrow down the tables slightly everywhere else.

you don't want a full i90 bard, they go insane and move to china to sneak into japan

/rip gizu :(

So I am not sure if anyone else has done Turn 1 since the patch, but when we went in last night we couldn't drop targeting reticules on the platform we normally tank the snake. This included SCH Place pet command and Sacred Soil, SMN Shadowflare, BRD Fire Aoe, ect. It was only that platform and I was wondering if it was a bug or if anyone else has encountered it.

Was it the platform by where the chest pops? If so yeah I had it with flaming arrow and sch had it with soil.

I will admit, that they need to do something about those drop tables. Our DPS classes are quickly approaching the point where they're going to have to pass on everything, and our non-DPS classes are averaging only 1-2 items each after all these weeks.

We haven't even SEEN bard gear drop yet. o_O

Edit: I just wish they'd break down at put a few chests on T3, so that they could narrow down the tables slightly everywhere else.

It's the opposite for us with exception to DRG stuff. We get drg, tank, healer and caster stuff all the time. hardly any monk, or brd. We have 2-3 groups running and almost all or blm and secondary blm are geared. all of our tanks, and drgs stuff is being passed to everyone lol. whm and sch are pretty up there also. I got hands last night for sch. brd and mnk though are getting shafted in our parties though. I think we have seen the visor for mnk once. boots twice for brd, 1 pants for mnk, 2 earring for brd, 2 visor and thats it. outside of the brd boots all our main brds already have BiS

studyguy

Was it the platform by where the chest pops? If so yeah I had it with flaming arrow and sch had it with soil.

It's the opposite for us with exception to DRG stuff. We get drg, tank, healer and caster stuff all the time. hardly any monk, or brd. We have 2-3 groups running and almost all or blm and secondary blm are geared. all of our tanks, and drgs stuff is being passed to everyone lol. whm and sch are pretty up there also. I got hands last night for sch. brd and mnk though are getting shafted in our parties though. I think we have seen the visor for mnk once. boots twice for brd, 1 pants for mnk, 2 earring for brd, 2 visor and thats it. outside of the brd boots all our main brds already have BiS

Our runs are basically months of no healer/tank gear.
Our other team is decked out tanks, but we've only gotten a handful of tank pieces and a healer is still praying to god for drops.

Kenai

Our SCH had this problem too.

Damn, thanks for the confirmation. Probably a bug (incredibly random one too). The most annoying thing was Place for me, hard to find a good spot to have Eos both be in range of the tank/me and be out of tail swish if I can't use the platform at all. ~_~

Ferr986

3.5 months and still no monk pants from T1, and still only one tank body, woho!

fml

Last night I think we got 5 or 6 accessories from 1-4 and they all went to alts, it was terrible.

yesterday except 1 all the rest of drops were for alts too... 3 of them mnk drops. We get MNK drop every friggin week. Our BLM didnt get a piece yet, and he has been raiding for a couple of months...

kierwynn

I didn't notice any issues with flaming arrow, but I think our other brd did. Ryder said something about it seemingly being harder to put flaming arrow down and I was confused because I didn't have any issues. It makes more sense if it's some sort of bug, though.

creid

So the game is $15 on Amazon right now and I'm thinking of picking it up. Do I get any benefits for being Legacy from OG FFXIV?
If you already bought the game in the 1.0 days, you don't have to buy it again. If you were Legacy (i.e. paid for the game for at least 3 months during a certain period of time,) then yes, you'll have the Legacy rewards when you come back. If you just had a FFXIV account but never paid for it, or didn't pay for very long, then you don't get any bonus.

Not enough love for CT I see.

Playing it again and reafirms the fact is the best content of the game so far. You can say a lot of things about YoshiP and his team, but engaging, mechanically fun boss battles? probably the best on the MMO genre.

The Hildibrand questline is hilarious.

We need a gif of that Hilidbrand face.

Auto-Run bug confirmed

Thank fucking god they picked up on this.
Totally has been ruining my gameplay, hope they throw out a quickfix next maint.

Let's hope they don't take too much to fix it. I have been basically avoiding to play tank because of it.

frequency

If you already bought the game in the 1.0 days, you don't have to buy it again. If you were Legacy (i.e. paid for the game for at least 3 months during a certain period of time,) then yes, you'll have the Legacy rewards when you come back. If you just had a FFXIV account but never paid for it, or didn't pay for very long, then you don't get any bonus.

You do get one single use Fantasia Potion that lets you redesign your character.

aravuus

After thinking and thinking if I should get the game, I finally did, and am creating a character as I write this. I don't seem to have the choice of playing on Ultros, being European? Only got a list of couple EU servers. I'd like to join NeoGAF's free company.

e: although i guess i wouldn't really be able to do anything with us players. i'll just pick a random eu server.

e2: wtf naming a character is hard

WolvenOne

After thinking and thinking if I should get the game, I finally did, and am creating a character as I write this. I don't seem to have the choice of playing on Ultros, being European? Only got a list of couple EU servers. I'd like to join NeoGAF's free company.

e: although i guess i wouldn't really be able to do anything with us players. i'll just pick a random eu server.

You, should be able to pick Ultros. I'm fairly certain we have other people from Europe in our FC.

studyguy

Oh, weird, guess it isn't just me then. There have been a few moments during gameplay where my character started running when I didn't intend him to. I'm on PC though, so if it's a PS3 bug this might be something else.

It's for all controller players, PC or PS3, it affects you if you use a controller at all.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I have the Legacy tag in my account, so it looks OK to me. Also, renjility has a code for $8 that includes a month of the game, so I can buy that and get my month + the game and link it to my existing account to try the game out, yeah?

If so, I'll be hopping on later tonight to give it a go.

yaffi

You can join Ultros as a European just fine.

If they want Holmgang to stop being so useless they need to make less monsters resist it.

And make it not root you. And make you invincible during its duration.

Basically it's still trash. If I think I might need a true OH SHIT button I still go PLD for Hallowed Ground.

Ken

Oh, what monsters resist it? I've gotten okay use out of it for certain bosses and in PVP, buut, for most bosses it's simpler to hold aggro.

Garuda EM add (and probably the HM trash as well), CT final boss adds, and turn 1 ADS node spawns off the top of my head this week. And your latter point about holding aggro is kind of irrelevant; don't forget this skill used to only have the root component which would be useless in the encounters I just mentioned. I use Holmgang less as a threat holder and more of a "get over here" button...kind of like Tera lancer chains.

Basically it's still trash. If I think I might need a true OH SHIT button I still go PLD for Hallowed Ground.

Yeah it'd be less insulting if it didn't root you if the target wasn't rooted but lolnope.

WolvenOne

Aren't you already invincible during it's duration? HP can't go below 1, and all?

Garuda EM add (and probably the HM trash as well), CT final boss adds, and turn 1 ADS node spawns off the top of my head this week.

Yeah it'd be less insulting if it didn't root you if the target wasn't rooted but lolnope.

Ah, I knew about ADS.

Also, yeah, I agree that you shouldn't be bound if it fails.

Ken

Aren't you already invincible during it's duration? HP can't go below 1, and all?

It still doesn't compare to HG in duration and effect. With HG you're taking no damage, while damage is still happening with Holmgang (which means your healer still has to work). HG doesn't root you and lasts 4 seconds longer. The only upside of Holmgang is its cooldown. Honestly they should just scrap Holmgang altogether and give us a positional chain pull on a 45 second CD or something. :D

aravuus

You can join Ultros as a European just fine.

Didn't see it though, I must be blind. Oh well, started on Odin already.

Anyway, playing as an archer and this is pretty much my first proper MMORPG ever. Anything special I should know? Just run around, doing quests, killing monsters, buying new shit?

Isaccard

Anyway, playing as an archer and this is pretty much my first proper MMORPG ever. Anything special I should know? Just run around, doing quests, killing monsters, buying new shit?

I'd re-roll on Ultros if I were you you'll get more help with the FC

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Like Isaccard said, you really should re-roll on Ultros. Having a good guild/FC can make all the difference in an MMO.

WolvenOne

It still doesn't compare to HG in duration and effect. With HG you're taking no damage, while damage is still happening with Holmgang (which means your healer still has to work). HG doesn't root you and lasts 4 seconds longer. The only upside of Holmgang is its cooldown. Honestly they should just scrap Holmgang altogether and give us a positional chain pull on a 45 second CD or something. :D

My inexperience with MMO's is showing, I don't really know what a Chain Pull is. Anyhow, I could think of a few ways to further improve Holmgang that're fairly simple. Switch it to true invincibility, and maybe further increase the range to 8 Yards.

Thing is though, I'm fairly certain Holmgang is a PVP centric ability, since it did seem incredibly useful when I used it there. So it'll probably never fully stack up for PvE. Granted, I think PvP's going to look very different in six months, so there may be no reason to keep it around that long.

Edit: Speaking of which, do DOT's work in PvP? It occurred to me earlier today that, if they did, they'd be an amazing method of screwing up Spellcasters.

Ken

My inexperience with MMO's is showing, I don't really know what a Chain Pull is. Anyhow, I could think of a few ways to further improve Holmgang that're fairly simple. Switch it to true invincibility, and maybe further increase the range to 8 Yards.

Thing is though, I'm fairly certain Holmgang is a PVP centric ability, since it did seem incredibly useful when I used it there. So it'll probably never fully stack up for PvE. Granted, I think PvP's going to look very different in six months, so there may be no reason to keep it around that long.

Um, it's just a long range pull that moves a target from point A to you. Usually the animation is like, a chain, so I just call it a chain pull lol. I think their attempt at 2.1 Holmgang showed that they don't want a straight up second PLD but it's really hard when PLD skills are kind of OP.

Don't really care about PvP and they have PvP-exclusive skills so I don't buy that it's designed completely with PvP in mind.

creid

Also, renjility has a code for $8 that includes a month of the game, so I can buy that and get my month + the game and link it to my existing account to try the game out, yeah?
My memory's pretty bad, but I think this doesn't actually work (even though it should.) If you buy a new copy I think you can only attach it to an SE account that doesn't already own the PC version of the game. If you were to buy the PS3 version, you could associate it with your already-existing SE account, and get a free month that way. It's stupid, but that's SE. I guess they probably do that so you can't just buy 12 copies when the game goes on sale for <$10 and get your subscription at a discount?

Again, my memory's pretty shitty, but you may want to read around a little bit first before buying another copy.

DoTs do work in pvp.. but they don't interrupt casting because they don't count as hits once they've already been applied.

I'm a summoner and I've used DoTs on lots of people in pvp and it doesn't stop them from casting. If it did, then even I would think they are ridiculous and want them adjusted.

studyguy

DoTs do work in pvp.. but they don't interrupt casting because they don't count as hits once they've already been applied.

I'm a summoner and I've used DoTs on lots of people in pvp and it doesn't stop them from casting. If it did, then even I would think they are ridiculous and want them adjusted.

SMN dots breaking casts would be so horribly unbalanced.
SMN are already monsters in PvP, imagine that though. Oh man.

Also Glory Slash/One Ilm Punch are hilarious to use on people who buff the hell up only to realize it's all gone.

WolvenOne

Shame.

I've kinda taken it as a personal project to find a few strats that compensate for WHM and BLM Sleep. You're right though, almost every class has access to a DOT attack, and if they shut down casting from anywhere from 15 to 25 seconds each, then things would probably flip on it's end balance wise, and Casters would be worthless unless they got the very first shots off.

WolvenOne

SMN dots breaking casts would be so horribly unbalanced.
SMN are already monsters in PvP, imagine that though. Oh man.

Also Glory Slash/One Ilm Punch are hilarious to use on people who buff the hell up only to realize it's all gone.

Heh, I'm glad I don't usually bother for PvP. XD

I'll buff mit on the fly as needed, but my HP is already so absurd that it usually takes most of the opposing team to take me down.

Awww, c'mon come to Ultros. I'm also a european noob (started this morning), Marauder level 10 already, you won't be all alone!!

BTW I also would really like to join the FC... I filled the recruitment form on the website, do I need to do anything else? Sorry to be such a bother guys :(

WolvenOne

Awww, c'mon come to Ultros. I'm also a european noob (started this morning), Marauder level 10 already, you won't be all alone!!

BTW I also would really like to join the FC... I filled the recruitment form on the website, do I need to do anything else? Sorry to be such a bother guys :(

Contact one of the party leaders. I believe thier names are Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful and Doc Holiday.

aravuus

I'd re-roll on Ultros if I were you you'll get more help with the FC

Might as well, but I don't get it - I really don't have any NA servers on my list.

tX7DKbR.png

I'm confused

e: nvm lol

theDeeDubs

Auto-Run bug confirmed

Thank fucking god they picked up on this.
Totally has been ruining my gameplay, hope they throw out a quickfix next maint.

What's weird is it has actually seemed to be an improvement for me. Before autorun kept firing off when I was using L1 to switch targets while on the move and it was driving me crazy. Also the camera doesn't seem to reset when it gets clipped anymore. Just hope the fixes doesn't revert back to that because I haven't had issues since the patch. I guess before I had just quit adjusting the camera during battle because holding down the L1 button would cause my target to cycle through all available enemies like crazy and the patch actually fixed that too so I haven't run into this issue that a lot of people are having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom