• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

Anyone else had issues with Fairy and Pet placement as well as SS and SF in T1 on certain Caduceus platforms?

Ultima harder than Twin confirmed.

T3 is the real kicker - we generally don't bother killing anything so we actually wipe there instead of in the other Turns :p

Also, anyone ever notice how they LITERALLY make you jump through hoops to get to T4. With their sense of humor I think it might even be in purpose :p

Khatoz

T3 is the real kicker - we generally don't bother killing anything so we actually wipe there instead of in the other Turns :p

Also, anyone ever notice how they LITERALLY make you jump through hoops to get to T4. With their sense of humor I think it might even be in purpose :p

During our Death Races the healers stay at the top afk "setting up key bindings", so we need to do 2 runs as we die after the second stone. >_>

docbon

the popobo has graced me with his presence.

iBMTu2y0jpsfU.png

I just saw the "extended-intro" that plays when you leave the game in the main menu screen and damn. Really good stuff <3

Contact one of the party leaders. I believe thier names are Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful and Doc Holiday.

Is that for a linkshell? The Officer and Master names I see on the Google doc are different ._. I guess I should whisper (is that word still even used?) them so they can add me through the game, right? Don't worry, I can find that kind of details on the website I guess. Anyway I won't bother _too much_ with communication with others until I get my keyboard, hopefully next monday.

WolvenOne

I just saw the "extended-intro" that plays when you leave the game in the main menu screen and damn. Really good stuff <3

Is that for a linkshell? The Officer and Master names I see on the Google doc are different ._. I guess I should whisper (is that word still even used?) them so they can add me through the game, right? Don't worry, I can find that kind of details on the website I guess. Anyway I won't bother _too much_ with communication with others until I get my keyboard, hopefully next monday.

Oh, I was just funning with those names, since the only person I could name off hand whom I knew with 100% certainty, was/is a leader, is Maple Cookie.

I try not to directly answer questions, if I'm not certain of the answer. I make myself look foolish enough already. XD

chrono01

The Umbral Ice fix really is kinda meh. I feel so slow now.
It definitely took some getting used to.

I've found that switching from Thunder II to Thunder III in my rotation to help the timing a bit, but I still have to throw out a Scathe from time-to-time to fill the "void" before my Mana fully replenishes.

Oh, I was just funning with those names, since the only person I could name off hand whom I knew with 100% certainty, was/is a leader, is Maple Cookie.

I try not to directly answer questions, if I'm not certain of the answer. I make myself look foolish enough already. XD

Haha, kinda expected it to be a joke but you never know :p

yaffi

It definitely took some getting used to.

I've found that switching from Thunder II to Thunder III in my rotation to help the timing a bit, but I still have to throw out a Scathe from time-to-time to fill the "void" before my Mana fully replenishes.

The Problem is that some enemies aren't worth dotting at all, so it's really a significant loss of damage (heard it's around 5%). Nerfing Scathe doesn't help either.

Kenai

Anyone else had issues with Fairy and Pet placement as well as SS and SF in T1 on certain Caduceus platforms?

I complained about this a few pages back and it's not you. Seems to affect ground targeted abilities, hope SE knows about it/fixes it. It's not the worst thing ever but it sure is annoying.

aravuus

Him or one of the other officers. We have like two on ATM that could invite you (Blake and Xarielle).

Yeah, sent a tell to Xarielle and now I'm part of the FC too! Good times. Now it's time to hope the game runs on my laptop, either I won't be able to play at all for a week or two

Tash

I hope someone here is using FFXIV APP and can help me.

Ever since he changed that plugins to be added separately I get a prompt to update the app and whenever I do I loose all plugins and all my events.

Does someone know how to backup the events so I don't have to do it all over again with all my custom wav.s when I try to update later today?

Nose Master

Bleh. I guess it's time to stop using Duty Finder. Just grinded Titan NM for an hour because someone got knocked off (not me, tanking) like 90% of the attempts.

Bleh. I guess it's time to stop using Duty Finder. Just grinded Titan NM for an hour because someone got knocked off (not me, tanking) like 90% of the attempts.

I had a similar experience today with praetorium, a couple players just running around doing silly things and the dungeon took 1hr40mins... I'm really rethinking doing roulette story mode, I could have capped myth and banked 600 or more philo tomes in that time.

UrSuLeTzU

Hope we can try another full GAF CT alliance today. That shit was hillarious, specially when got kicked out when Acheron was at 20%, roflmao!

Croyles

Grats on killing Twintania guys. We should be able to at least attempt it soon. Well, as soon as our healers actually get drops from Coil. :p

Tash

How?

I haen't been on the game in like a week :(

You can't sign-up for new content unless you have the 2 tank, 2 healer, 4 dps requisite in a premade.
Also their new thing is that pretty much all encounter force you to swap tanks because they keep throwing debuff stacks around that can one-shot after a while.

Ultima, Garuda and Titan all force you to tank swap. Not sure about Ifrit.

You can't sign-up for new content unless you have the 2 tank, 2 healer, 4 dps requisite in a premade.
Also their new thing is that pretty much all encounter force you to swap tanks because they keep throwing debuff stacks around that can one-shot after a while.

Ultima, Garuda and Titan all force you to tank swap. Not sure about Ifrit.

Hard mode or extreme?

Raijinken

Finally got extreme mode Garuda down last night after several failed attempts with PUGs, but I had no trouble defeating her with the FC I did coil with. 4 weeks of coil with no healer loot, yet I can get it from Crystal Tower and Garuda on my first successful attempts. Thank you Pompous Tophats! I'm looking forward to trying extreme mode Titan with them later.

creid

Are Levequests worth running ?

They seem like random quests with no end, but wondering if there's some reward after completing a bunch of them.

Is it efficient to level new jobs with them ?
In 2.0, Battlecraft leves were really not worth doing. They allegedly got an experience buff in 2.1, but the one I did after the patch still didn't seem to give me much. Sometimes there are item/gear rewards that are a little helpful. Levequests are much more helpful for crafting and gathering classes.

studyguy

Hilde quests are 10/10.
Better than the 1.0 quests. Probably the best content of the patch and had me laughing quite a bit.
Glad he's back and the fact that he's "fighting" someone so significant is awesome as hell.

Valus

They don't really address anything new about Bahamut in the main story. It's only in coil that anything post calamity is revealed.

That's what I thought too. I've only cleared up to T2 so far, so it kinda sucks that I got spoiled with that screenshot.

Congrats anyway, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom