• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Daily are kinda meh.

They are pretty much glorified levequest, but because the game world is so small and lacks of dangers they get boring fast. Plus the gave me the same quests 2 day in a row. And i had to do a FATE. :/

Resilient

As a BLM should I go for Vanya Robe of Casting and ignore the hat? That's at least 2000 philo worth of potash! But I still have AF hat...suggestions?

Also Gil wise, are the mats for Vanya pricey?

HeelPower

Is lightning's mission not playable anymore?

Also I just started this game today and man it completely blew me away.

It has this typical top of the line FF presentation (awesome opening CG and narrator)and unexpectedly excellent job with graphics and phenomenal art direction.

So I am very glad , I think this will be a good FF experience.I had so much fun with the character creator.(and the first two hours or so)

Good Stuff SE.More angry FF fans should play this.

As a BLM should I go for Vanya Robe of Casting and ignore the hat? That's at least 2000 philo worth of potash! But I still have AF hat...suggestions?

I went Vanya Robe and used AK gear for head until I got a myth hat. Anything but that cowl.

Is lightning's mission not playable anymore?
It will be back in february for the western release.

That was my line of thought.

Also holy shit the shield oath buff was entirely unnecessary.
I can rip hate off of anything incredibly easy now. Tried using a WAR offtank and unless he kept his enmity combo, I had to jump down to Sword Oath to not tear hate from him or stop all together. It's nutty how quickly PLD gains enmity now. At least before it felt like you actively had to be aware of your hate, now it's just hit 123 and sleep through the rest of the fight.

Funny thing is I have the total opposite experience with WAR.

I laugh at PLDs trying to take hate from me in Defiance, especially if I use Unchained + Berserk to open. My party members' hate bars are barely at half by the end of a boss fight like Titan HM.

WolvenOne

Funny thing is I have the total opposite experience with WAR.

I laugh at PLDs trying to take hate from me in Defiance, especially if I use Unchained + Berserk to open. My party members' hate bars are barely at half by the end of a boss fight like Titan HM.

Yeah, Wars can generate a metric ton of emnity fast. Good thing too, because while it feels like they adjusted Storms Path to generate a little more emnity, the rest of the party will catch up eventually if you just spam it.

So you've got jump between rotations, to keep up aggro, while keeping your debuffs on enemies. This would be extremely tough, if War only generated PLD level aggro. PLD don't have a lot of rotations, so they don't need to switch from thier aggro rotation often.

desu

Did Garuda/Ultima Ex today, pretty okay fights.

Garuda Ex is all about positioning, otherwise pretty simple mechanics that are not really hard to deal with.
Ultima, well this will be a fight like Titan on Duty Finder. We tried it with a few people of the FC on the DF and people just didn't grasp the mechanics with the balls (or they died to random stuff that is rather easy to avoid). However I think the fight is really fun, 2nd best fight after Titan Ex/Hard, the music is way too awesome.
Titan Ex, we only made two attempts but we surprisingly got into the last phase where we had bad luck with tank swapping in the moment when you are supposed to get the adds. Still I love the Ex version, super awesome fight!

I hope we can sell Ex primals soon, it's hard enough getting the money together for a medium sized house with 9 people. Still no house sold on Ragnarok.

Resilient

I went Vanya Robe and used AK gear for head until I got a myth hat. Anything but that cowl.

It will be back in february for the western release.

Yeah think I'm gonna go with this. I have the hat from AK already. That cowl is absolutely disgraceful though, and looks really bad on a Roe. Are the rest of the mats pricey? Should I just marketplace em all?

Also, neat avatar :D

WolvenOne

Did Garuda/Ultima Ex today, pretty okay fights.

Garuda Ex is all about positioning, otherwise pretty simple mechanics that are not really hard to deal with.
Ultima, well this will be a fight like Titan on Duty Finder. We tried it with a few people of the FC on the DF and people just didn't grasp the mechanics with the balls (or they died to random stuff that is rather easy to avoid). However I think the fight is really fun, 2nd best fight after Titan Ex/Hard, the music is way too awesome.
Titan Ex, we only made two attempts but we surprisingly got into the last phase where we had bad luck with tank swapping in the moment when you are supposed to get the adds. Still I love the Ex version, super awesome fight!

I hope we can sell Ex primals soon, it's hard enough getting the money together for a medium sized house with 9 people. Still no house sold on Ragnarok.

Oh, Ultima HM is a blast! There is so much blasted stuff going on in that fight, it feels like you're always dodging something, and you really have to keep your eyes open.

I would say that its slightly easier than Titan HM, only because there are no ring out moves or Goals. Otherwise though, anyone that has trouble dodging aoe in Titan is going to really Struggle during Ultima.

WolvenOne

Daily are kinda meh.

They are pretty much glorified levequest, but because the game world is so small and lacks of dangers they get boring fast. Plus the gave me the same quests 2 day in a row. And i had to do a FATE. :/

Haven't tried them yet, but I'll take any optional content I can find. From what I've heard, my only real complaint with the design, is with how far away the goals are when it comes to the good rewards.

I don't mind a little grinding, but unless they're planning to expand out the number of quests with time, they'll get a bit repetitive.

You do bring up one good point though, and I hope they address this eventually. They need to add more areas to explore at some point. I know it's a lot of work, so I don't expect it to happen over night, but still.

Isaccard

After dismissing Bards as boring pre 2.1 abandoned my 34 Monk post and picked up my 25 Archer again. I want to level everything x_x

The mats aren't really pricey, the tome mats have go down in pricing. And the other stuff is reasonable. But whatever you do, don't get a DL cowl. Shoot for an i60 hat from the new dungeons until you get either myth or vanya hat.

Alucrid

Banned
FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN FUCK YOU TWIN

F89197C3C274B1CB68CD1FA4A1BE945FECCD0E8A

Are Levequests worth running ?

They seem like random quests with no end, but wondering if there's some reward after completing a bunch of them.

Is it efficient to level new jobs with them ?

Khatoz

beat twin

wipe to ultima weapon twice

Ultima harder than Twin confirmed.

Anyway, thanks everyone in the group for giving your all for that Twin kill, it has taken us our fair share of time to do so, but I guess when we had to deal with the noob MT dc'ed or lagging every few seconds, it is something to be expected.

You guys rock, thank you for being part of this great FC and mostly allowing me to spend my time playing with you all.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Think I'm gonna try playing some XIV again.

Oh god I'm going to be so far behind its not even funny. Like I never even did WP or AK before quitting, I got my Ifrit Weapon and then drifted away from the game. Christ.

Ultima harder than Twin confirmed.

Anyway, thanks everyone in the group for giving your all for that Twin kill, it has taken us our fair share of time to do so, but I guess when we had to deal with the noob MT dc'ed or lagging every few seconds, it is something to be expected.

You guys rock, thank you for being part of this great FC and mostly allowing me to spend my time playing with you all.

It has been a pleasure my friend, I'm so happy all of our hard work finally came to fruition!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I input a code for 30 days and it created a new service account separate from my legacy account. Can I merge these in some fashion to get my legacy benefits?

So I grabbed a couple others to enter CT sort of spur of the moment just to see what its like, an hour later we're leaving having cleared the whole thing...

While those were some really (really!) fun mechanics, I have to admit I leave just a wee bit disappointed. I wasn't expecting Coil type difficulty, but I certainly wasn't expecting Garuda HM type difficulty either. Oh well, fun stuff nonetheless.

frequency

Sorting and Wolf Pup are the best things in 2.1.

Really unhappy that you can't do roulette in a group and being in a group means you can't vote at the end. I'm fine with being unable to vote for the person I queue with but let me vote for one of the other two players at least. I feel really bad when we get the votes (as healer and tank) and can't vote back no matter how nice the other people were.

I can't believe we're being punished for playing in a group in a MMORPG.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can I just say how goddamn difficult Titan is for new players? My party must've wiped at least 8-10 times before we took him down. Three of us were new, only the tank had fought him before. Thankfully he was extremely patient with us and very helpful, and kept encouraging us after every wipe. So that was nice.

Can I just say how goddamn difficult Titan is for new players? My party must've wiped at least 8-10 times before we took him down. Three of us were new, only the tank had fought him before. Thankfully he was extremely patient with us and very helpful, and kept encouraging us after every wipe. So that was nice.

I wish I only wiped 8 times on things.

Mechakira

Neo Member
Soooo happy to finally kill Twin, so proud of the fan club.

I especially want to thank Yenn's internet connection for surviving for an entire fight. We couldn't have done it without you.

Khatoz

I especially want to thank Yenn's internet connection for surviving for an entire fight. We couldn't have done it without you.

lol that's what you think, it survived during the important points... but really thanks for keeping up with the bullshit of my internet connection D:

It is a very rough fight when you first do it. Once you get it down, it isn't so bad.

Aeana

Soooo happy to finally kill Twin, so proud of the fan club.

The attempt before we won, he tanked while being disconnected like a pro!

Khatoz

The attempt before we won, he tanked while being disconnected like a pro!

Funny thing got kicked into the lobby and then it took a minute to kick me from the game completely and took almost another minute to login and load,Odo just told me that Rag didn't grab aggro >_>, would had been amazing if we had gotten the kill on that attempt.

Mechakira

Neo Member
Funny thing got kicked into the lobby and then it took a minute to kick me from the game completely and took almost another minute to login and load,Odo just told me that Rag didn't grab aggro >_>, would had been amazing if we had gotten the kill on that attempt.

If I take aggro then Tiv and Vero die to fireballs. Besides you've tanked fine while disconnected before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom