• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeelPower

You've quoted someone else's post with my name as the poster somehow twice now lol, I should probably be flattered

For a second there I freaked out a bit tho cause I didn't remember writing anything like that lmao

oops sorry.I have no idea how this happened.I'll fix it.

Mononoke

Banned
I keep seeing people say there was like 3 new haircuts in patch 2.1. But I haven't seen any new haircuts when I go to the barber dude. Is it only for specific races? I'm a THM Hyur Midlander. Did we not get any new haircuts?

Not a big deal, just thought I would ask.

EDIT: Looks like it was just Lightning + Snow's haircut I think. So nevermind. That's kind of disappointing.

Alucrid

Banned
I keep seeing people say there was like 3 new haircuts in patch 2.1. But I haven't seen any new haircuts when I go to the barber dude. Is it only for specific races? I'm a THM Hyur Midlander. Did we not get any new haircuts?

Not a big deal, just thought I would ask.
Pig tails, lightning and snow hair cuts. You had to do the lightning quest for the latter two

Mononoke

Banned
Pig tails, lightning and snow hair cuts. You had to do the lightning quest for the latter two

Yeah just found out. So bummed. I'll have to wait until Feb to try the lightning event again at my higher level (so I can finish it). Maybe they will add new haircuts by then as well.

Do you guys know how far into the Lightning Quest you needed to be in order to get the haircut in the patch? I only was able to do the first one, because the second quest was too high of a level for me.

Yeah just found out. So bummed. I'll have to wait until Feb to try the lightning event again at my higher level (so I can finish it). Maybe they will add new haircuts by then as well.

Do you guys know how far into the Lightning Quest you needed to be in order to get the haircut in the patch? I only was able to do the first one, because the second quest was too high of a level for me.

As long as you complete the first quest, you get the option to have the hairstyle.

Sophia

FF14 is more like WoW than FF11, so nothing to worry about in that respect.

Yes, you can play on your account from any platform as long as you own that version of the game.

I'd say that FF14 combines the best aspects of WoW's prime (BC/early Wrath era) with the best aspects of Final Fantasy 11 (Class-switching, heavy emphasis on story, good production values)

In this case, for your GF, it may be a dream come true.

Taruranto

So, while browsing around I found this picture of FFXIV-Gaf...

lhVS2Fq.jpg

chrono01

I said this in-game, but I'm really surprised that there's no Cloud-styled haircut yet for the Males.

It's only a matter of time...

Giever

So my GF and I just started playing on Ultros last Friday. If we're welcome, how do we go about gettin' an invite to the GAF guild?

So my GF and I just started playing on Ultros last Friday. If we're welcome, how do we go about gettin' an invite to the GAF guild?

Of course you're welcome. Sign up at neogaf.guildwork.com, submit an application, and message one of the officers/leaders in-game for an invite.

Qvoth

so from the 3 new dungeons (pharaos, hard copperbell, hard haukke) the only one worth doing is the hard copperbell for the green slime minion right?

Resilient

Haukke is a pretty quick dungeon once you get it down. Easy 50 myth tomes. Do Pharos only if you hate life.

It's so hard to find a good PUG group for Hauke though. I did a run a few nights ago that was smooth as with Mei and some others. We had the strat down and we did wipe a few times (and ultimately fail). But nobody quit and everybody learned it.

I did a PUG run with Baws healing, and the other BLM was out DPSd by me (BLM) and he had his +1. Then when we were wiping on Jester he requested a quit. I told him to kindly fuck himself and have some respect for new players in the dungeon. We cleared it and then Ash and then he fucking dies during the last boss because he didn't feel the need to dodge her AoEs all fight. With Tank down and Healer gone too I managed to burn her and we cleared it on our first shot. He left IMMEDIATELY because he knew he had done fucked up.

The only reason I'm still pissy about it is because he kept going on about how many times he had cleared it , and was just such a rude prick to the WHM and PLD who had never run it before. I think with a 55min clear time they did great.

Sophia

I'd just like to say that after 15 years of having playing MMORPGs, the format of Crystal Tower is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Actual dungeon itself is nice tho, wish it could be done with a proper raid group.

Phenomic

Has anyone used the vote kick feature yet? I'm curious to know ikf you have to have three people kick someone for it to go through? Or two?

XenoRaven

Has Tonberry King changed since the patch? I usually kill the adds and now it seems like only a few of them die while the rest chase me around with 0 HP.

Had three people quit on my group when I mentioned I was new at wanderers keep. Thank god some nice people showed up afterward and walked me through it.

Is it true people speed run that in 15 minutes? Something about pulling everyone in one big mob or something? How does a tank (me) survive that? Truly end game armor?

Man I hope most of the end game community isn't like that.

I really regret not reading this thread and finding out which server GAF was on. I have regrets.

FC are tied to servers too right? So there is zero chance of playing with you guys unless random duty luck?

Khatoz

Had three people quit on my group when I mentioned I was new at wanderers keep. Thank god some nice people showed up afterward and walked me through it.

Is it true people speed run that in 15 minutes? Something about pulling everyone in one big mob or something? How does a tank (me) survive that? Truly end game armor?

I really regret not reading this thread and finding out which server GAF was on. I have regrets.

FC are tied to servers too right? So there is zero chance of playing with you guys unless random duty luck?

8-9 minutes with a good group, it is a combination of gear, strategy and practice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Wow that sucks :/
And yeah people do speed run it in about that time by pulling the mobs into big groups.

A nice gentleman who is one of the leaders of a FC called Ferret Frenzy asked me to join in a polite non spammy manner. A few questions later and I accepted.

Just watching the chat for 5 minutes gave me hope and a sense of community I had been lacking so far. I hope it works out. I saw them kicking people after 20 days of inactivity though. I wonder how long I'll survive there.

Qvoth

Haukke is a pretty quick dungeon once you get it down. Easy 50 myth tomes. Do Pharos only if you hate life.

did pharaos yesterday (wasn't expecting it, was using duty roullette, and haven't even entered the dungeon before)
the bard and whm had much lower hp than i did (blm ilevel 80 only), so i'm guessing they were item level 60ish or perhaps even less, wiped 2-3 times but we managed to beat it, pld tank most probably was 75+

healer LB seems to be the better choice in the siren fight, few times we got aoe charmed and that seemed to solve the problem

I think so long as your allies are competent and decked out in i60 gear or better, you can do Pharos...

Anyone think I should be using Blizzard 2 for the Moogle fight? It won't do much in the way of damage but if I can slow them down at least, that can't hurt, right?

HeelPower

for those who've tried the ps3 version and high PC settings, How does it compare ? How big is the difference ? The game looks beautiful and framerate is good enough ,but you can tell they cut on enemy frames of animation , detail etc

I am completely addicted now but maybe its worth it to wait for PS4 version ?

Resilient

A nice gentleman who is one of the leaders of a FC called Ferret Frenzy asked me to join in a polite non spammy manner. A few questions later and I accepted.

Just watching the chat for 5 minutes gave me hope and a sense of community I had been lacking so far. I hope it works out. I saw them kicking people after 20 days of inactivity though. I wonder how long I'll survive there.

You need to world transfer to Ultros!!

Wilsongt

That's pretty shitty. So far, I've done WP with three PUGs. They've all been pretty nice, especially the one tonight when they saw that my gear wasn't all that great.

Teknoman

Plus the CGI cutscene that plays when you let the game idle in the main menu made my eyes wet a little, lol. The first "nextgen" (hah) FF for me...

Louisoix, may he rest in peace. Just imagine if you saw that back at the very end of 1.0 with the huge Dalamud build up. I'm still proud on a personal level that I was one of the first people in the FC to notice the unusually large red star early on :p

chrono01

Double Crystal Tower GAF run tonight on Ultros! That was fun.
It really was!

My first time going through it and it was very interesting. The lass boss was disappointingly easy, though that might have had to do with everyone knowing what to do/able to play well and be decently-geared.

I'm excited to see where the storyline goes from here.

Sophia

pugging crystal tower is actually pretty good

My experience got a lot better when my guild basically took over leading the Pug group. It was a total disaster before that. We still didn't down the third boss..... luckily most of us have an excuse to go back in seeing as we didn't get loot.

Aeana

Does anybody know how the "thrown for a loop" mechanic in Moggle Mog works? The one where pink lines go to 3 people and then they lose control for about 10 seconds. It seems like most groups just ignore it, but I'm not satisfied without knowing how it works. :\

Not too hard once everyone gets the mechanics down. Takes some coordination and trial and error if it is a group's first time.

Sounds good, I want to try it out.

Does anybody know how the "thrown for a loop" mechanic in Moggle Mog works? The one where pink lines go to 3 people and then they lose control for about 10 seconds. It seems like most groups just ignore it, but I'm not satisfied without knowing how it works. :

Same here. That mechanic was owning me yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom