• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So what you're sayng is, everyone is already full Conjunct and they'll have VM soon and if I start now I'll never catch up.

Well that's fine, I didn't really want to PvP anyways. Now I definitely won't touch it. I had more than my share of Real Gear Check Combat before, I won't waste my time here.
I will not touch it either.

Let's hope they don't make like with guildhest no one uses it so they make it requirement for story quests.

Ploid 3.0

PVP should have static gear for everyone, and only allow custom gear looks which can be bought or used from your current gear. Then it would be a skill game. Pick your loadout (not unlock abilities and buffs over 30 levels), and may the best person win.

And they are nerfing SP for it. Tisk tisk.

Is there a reason why you don't want to level an ARC on your current character [since every character can be any/all classes as long as you want to level them up].

I wanted to use a different race but now that I think about it I may as well just use my current character.

What was I thinking? :p

Guys, I think I'm going to do it.

I'll make the jump to Ultros for GAF. Starting on end game stuff is making me anxious and I will have a lot of questions and you all seem nice enough to help an mmo newbee like myself.

I will be applying shortly.

UrSuLeTzU

Any SCH's on Ultros want to run T2-4 with the Coil Group of Tears tonight? PM Kirito Ursuletzu or Darkness Tear in-game if you are interested.

They should have gone with full custom abilities for PvP.

The shocking thing is that they have a very good baseline of specific PvP skills, they just needed to go an extra mile and add a few more.

I hope they don't nerf jobs just because of PvP, that would be pretty annoying.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna level BRD on my main character and MNK on my secondary character. Any decent guides? Anything I should know about?

Taruranto

HazRbil.jpg

C8AIDkX.jpg

Yay. \o/

But no mount so far. :(

Riposte

They should have gone with full custom abilities for PvP.

The shocking thing is that they have a very good baseline of specific PvP skills, they just needed to go an extra mile and add a few more.

That's what they made it sound like they were doing. I had to be extra vague when writing up the OT because I just wasn't sure.

Seems like they are falling into the same trap other MMOs do where they are balancing PvP and PvE content against each other. Anyway, I miss Ballista...

Zomba13

6 CT runs today. No tank chest. Great.

It dropped on my first time there. I Rolled Need. Got a 1. Other tank managed to get it. I then cried ;_;

Forgot about the 1 item a week thing so greeded on SMN/BLM shoes and then all that dropped that run were other Crimson stuff and no one wanted it so I coulda gotten the legs. Look much better than the sillly shoes.

So did they just kill fates completely? wtf no one seems to be doing fates, and Im not even trying to join fate groups, just going around the world or any type of questing, and it's dead

Squenix really doesn't want me to unlock Moogle Mog. I had to do 10 Guildhests because I hadn't done a single one, then I get back to Waking Sands, then the server crashes. Yay.

Apoptomon

Did Ultros just crash? I just got kicked off and can't reconnect.

Good to see it's not just me, sucks for everyone though. I thought it was acting oddly and hadn't seen error 3070 before. Wonder if it has anything to do with lag people were reporting, or was that just the duty servers?

On the upside I dug up a leather map, that makes two so far.

Aeana

So did they just kill fates completely? wtf no one seems to be doing fates, and Im not even trying to join fate groups, just going around the world or any type of questing, and it's dead

Turns out nobody actually likes doing them, and when better alternatives appear, they take them. Surprise.

Elrina

Neo Member
I thought it was just me x_x

Well, at least I'm not going crazy, I suppose. I wonder what the problem is... Ah well, I'm sure it'll be back up soon enough.

Luigi87

-_-
>Buys game at start of month
>Friend buys a week and a half later (in which I still didn't play too much) after learning I am playing, wants to catch up with me
>I begin to play the story at a slower pace, and even spend two full days not doing the story but leveling up crafting and gathering
>Friend hardly plays, and gets annoyed when I make some more story progress

It's like FFS, this is a sub-based game, and I bought it on my own, not initially to play coinciding. (and all he seems to do is complain about the game and compare things to WoW anyhow)
Sorry, ranting but things like this bug me (especially when he fails to listen to my explanation that once I hit 30 on LNC, I'll be leveling MRD)

Turns out nobody actually likes doing them, and when better alternatives appear, they take them. Surprise.

It takes a minute or less at times to do a fate, for a reward better than standard quests are any leve, yet thats not good enough either? It's not just that, but population seems to have taken a dive in new players so it's mostly folks focusing on end game, so you got empty worlds with everyone just hanging out at hubs popping instances.

It's unfortunate as the game felt so alive and full of people running around doing things. Now it feels barren.

Elrina

Neo Member

Hey! I like them ; ;

I haven't tried combat leves since the patch though, so I might care less that people aren't doing them anymore once I do. Battle leve parties goooooooo

Aeana

It takes a minute or less at times to do a fate, for a reward better than standard quests are any leve, yet thats not good enough either? It's not just that, but population seems to have taken a dive in new players so it's mostly folks focusing on end game, so you got empty worlds with everyone just hanging out at hubs popping instances.

It's unfortunate as the game felt so alive and full of people running around doing things. Now it feels barren.

They raised dungeon experience dramatically with this patch, and the duty roulette adds to that even more. It's more interesting content and it is now at least as fast as FATEs were.

Khatoz

Jesus Christ. Have been amped up to try 2.1 one all week and the servers have gone to shit.

To be fair, this is the first time this happens since the patch, which is really a surprise with the size of the patch not causing many more stability issues.

Sophia

They raised dungeon experience dramatically with this patch, and the duty roulette adds to that even more. It's more interesting content and it is now at least as fast as FATEs were.

Battlecraft Leves were increased significantly too. They award as much XP, if not more so, than FATE events.

Also awesome, CT gives off endless tomes. My guild is running them until everyone gets a piece of loot.

I rather roam the world in an open world pvp that sit and do the same repetitive dungeons which require a much larger time investment to get your actual reward. So what happens to the open world game play that makes a MMO? So now less fates are being done that before, people were not touching levequests for their shit rewards, questing gives crap rewards to.

All this is doing is creating a dead game world that is going to put off any new blood from getting into it when you find out that your wasting your time, your supposed to queue up for a dungeon to get you xp on?

Battlecraft Leves were increased significantly too. They award as much XP, if not more so, than FATE events.

Also awesome, CT gives off endless tomes. My guild is running them until everyone gets a piece of loot.

? I did not see this at all. Doing lvl 45 leves as a lvl 46 class, and the xp rewards are around 6k xp. Fates of the same level are giving almost 12k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom